Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,434 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:19 PM

A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories (1574 Views)

Inside Transsion’s (Mother Company Of Tecno/Infinix) Headquarter In Shanghai. / Launching Of Tecno Camon Cx & Cx Air (Live Updates) / My Tecno Phantom 6 Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by MizMyColi(f): 11:49pm On Jan 15, 2017
Author's Note

I had promised the person who contacted me from Tecno that I would post a review of the Phantom 6 which they gave me to experience. At the time, I was with Child so it wasn't so easy to write. Finally, I wrote down something but saved it in my memo. I forgot about it and just came across it few days back, hence my titling it a "belated review." On the bright side, this should help juggle your memory about some of the things that makes the device stand out. Here's hoping it's worth the read for you.

Dear All,
I apologise to for not making an unboxing post almost immediately.

I have been feeling very strong and it'll all  end in praise, I'm certain.

So!
To the business of the day.
I did a line up of all the major accessories you will find inside the Phantom 6.

Look at the pictures below from left to right and join me as I name and describe them.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4744454_whatsappimage20170115at11_12_01pm_jpeg_jpegc268b68c9a658f365dbf0bd839ebf767

1. The Tecno Phantom 6 Device - The phone itself seems to me like a 5.5inch device. I noticed it is longer than the regular android device I have owned for a long time now, and P6 is a little bit wider. The feel of the device is solid and sleek. The gold colour looks alluring.

2. The Earpiece

If you zoom out the picture below, you will find that there is nothing conventional about this earpiece as far as Tecno is concerned. To be honest, I loved it. Usually, I don't use the earpiece that comes with my previous Tecno devices because I prefer an earpiece that doesn't have that plastic attachment so that breeze can at least enter my ear while blasting music, but I embraced this one for phantom 6 because there is a way they curved it such that even with the plastic ish serving as cover, it still allows for good listening experience.
On my way back from work, I watched a TV show from Yaba to Idi-araba with both of them on and I didn't feel any discomfort.

3. The Smart Cover/Pouch

Hmm.
This one broke record too. It had this solid feel I haven't experienced with any Tecno accessory and then, it seems there is a magnet somewhere that attracts the pouch to the phone itself. All in all, pretty solid feel. I likeysmiley

4,5,6,7. The Chargers

I will not lie, I have not seen this type of charger before.
It took a while getting used to it.
Number 5 is the main head. It is now left for you to decide whether you will use the double pin or triple pin variant cool
You use it by locking the main head to any of the variants you choose, then rotate clockwise.

8. The Screen Protector

We all know that tempered glass screen protectors help our phone screens in no small measure, though sometimes, I feel like it takes so much fun from feeling the device in its raw state.
I did not bother opening the screen protector or using it for the reason I stated above and secondly, I didn't want to risk air interference when fixing the tempered glass. When next I go to computer village, those guys will do it for me.

9. Type C Adapter

Wait, I didn't mention earlier that the USB cord for charging the Phantom 6 is what is known as a Type C USB cable that allows for fast charging. The implication is that the battery gets to charge up fast, really fast. When giving an in-depth review of the intricate workings, I will tell you how long the battery actually lasts and how long it charges before reaching 100%

Item Number 9 is just like a replacement. Incase you do not have access to your main charging cable. It is called the type C Adapter.

Hmmm...
Am I the only person seeing so much similarity between Apple and iPhone?
Well, they both rock! cheesy

I won't forget to mention that the charging port of phantom 6 is different from the normal Android phones charging port. It seems this is the latest direction they're headed for the year 2017. We say Yes to such progress.

That's all for the items in the first picture.

Also worthy of mention, is the Sim Ejector Pin and the SimCards/SD card plate.
After fixing your Sim and SD card, you put them back on the side facing the camera.

Is it just me or has anyone noticed it is impossible to open the Phantom 6 to see what the inner back looks like

One note of warning, please, whatever you do, do not lose your Sim Ejector PIN, Tecno provided a very cosy space for it, and for the Sim cards too.

It is my hope that this has been worth the read for you. I am barely a week old with the device, when it's time, I will post a review of its inner workings.

Thank you for your time, and Godspeed.
kiss
Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by ITbomb(m): 12:53am On Jan 16, 2017
K
Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by Nobody: 6:30am On Jan 16, 2017
You done leave politics na Technology you dey now Modath's own na Business she dey spend her own time.
Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by kingphilip(m): 6:49am On Jan 16, 2017
I never still understand the juju wey you use sha

Abeg come show me the baba wey do am for you make I get iPhone 7 this same way now

1 Like

Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by ritababe(f): 8:48am On Jan 16, 2017
ok

1 Like

Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by TappGroupNG: 11:31am On Jan 16, 2017
This is really good feedback. The phantom phone is truly excellent
MizMyColi:

Dear All,
I apologise to for not making an unboxing post almost immediately.

I have been feeling very strong and it'll all  end in praise, I'm certain.

So!
To the business of the day.
I did a line up of all the major accessories you will find inside the Phantom 6.

Look at the pictures below from left to right and join me as I name and describe them.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4744454_whatsappimage20170115at11_12_01pm_jpeg_jpegc268b68c9a658f365dbf0bd839ebf767

1. The Tecno Phantom 6 Device - The phone itself seems to me like a 5.5inch device. I noticed it is longer than the regular android device I have owned for a long time now, and P6 is a little bit wider. The feel of the device is solid and sleek. The gold colour looks alluring.

2. The Earpiece

If you zoom out the picture below, you will find that there is nothing conventional about this earpiece as far as Tecno is concerned. To be honest, I loved it. Usually, I don't use the earpiece that comes with my previous Tecno devices because I prefer an earpiece that doesn't have that plastic attachment so that breeze can at least enter my ear while blasting music, but I embraced this one for phantom 6 because there is a way they curved it such that even with the plastic ish serving as cover, it still allows for good listening experience.
On my way back from work, I watched a TV show from Yaba to Idi-araba with both of them on and I didn't feel any discomfort.

3. The Smart Cover/Pouch

Hmm.
This one broke record too. It had this solid feel I haven't experienced with any Tecno accessory and then, it seems there is a magnet somewhere that attracts the pouch to the phone itself. All in all, pretty solid feel. I likeysmiley

4,5,6,7. The Chargers

I will not lie, I have not seen this type of charger before.
It took a while getting used to it.
Number 5 is the main head. It is now left for you to decide whether you will use the double pin or triple pin variant cool
You use it by locking the main head to any of the variants you choose, then rotate clockwise.

8. The Screen Protector

We all know that tempered glass screen protectors help our phone screens in no small measure, though sometimes, I feel like it takes so much fun from feeling the device in its raw state.
I did not bother opening the screen protector or using it for the reason I stated above and secondly, I didn't want to risk air interference when fixing the tempered glass. When next I go to computer village, those guys will do it for me.

9. Type C Adapter

Wait, I didn't mention earlier that the USB cord for charging the Phantom 6 is what is known as a Type C USB cable that allows for fast charging. The implication is that the battery gets to charge up fast, really fast. When giving an in-depth review of the intricate workings, I will tell you how long the battery actually lasts and how long it charges before reaching 100%

Item Number 9 is just like a replacement. Incase you do not have access to your main charging cable. It is called the type C Adapter.

Hmmm...
Am I the only person seeing so much similarity between Apple and iPhone?
Well, they both rock! cheesy

I won't forget to mention that the charging port of phantom 6 is different from the normal Android phones charging port. It seems this is the latest direction they're headed for the year 2017. We say Yes to such progress.

That's all for the items in the first picture.

Also worthy of mention, is the Sim Ejector Pin and the SimCards/SD card plate.
After fixing your Sim and SD card, you put them back on the side facing the camera.

Is it just me or has anyone noticed it is impossible to open the Phantom 6 to see what the inner back looks like

One note of warning, please, whatever you do, do not lose your Sim Ejector PIN, Tecno provided a very cosy space for it, and for the Sim cards too.

It is my hope that this has been worth the read for you. I am barely a week old with the device, when it's time, I will post a review of its inner workings.

Thank you for your time, and Godspeed.
kiss
Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by omoalajah(m): 3:56pm On Jan 19, 2017
The Juju is strong. LOL. Carry on Mzmycoli
kingphilip:
I never still understand the juju wey you use sha

Abeg come show me the baba wey do am for you make I get iPhone 7 this same way now
Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by missslimzy(f): 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2017
The Accessories are so on point
Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by datyorubaboy: 4:48pm On Jan 19, 2017
truly worth a read
Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by nurez305(m): 5:08pm On Jan 19, 2017
I would have love to get it but the battery is not encouraging at all
Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by MizMyColi(f): 5:10pm On Jan 19, 2017
handsomeclouds:
You done leave politics na Technology you dey now
own na Business she dey spend her own time.

This is what works for me now.
Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by MizMyColi(f): 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2017
nurez305:
I would have love to get it but the battery is not encouraging at all

The battery does not get empty that easily.
Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by MizMyColi(f): 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2017
omoalajah:
The Juju is strong. LOL. Carry on Mzmycoli

Lmao
Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by MizMyColi(f): 5:12pm On Jan 19, 2017
TappGroupNG:
This is really good feedback. The phantom phone is truly excellent

Thank you
Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by nurez305(m): 5:47pm On Jan 19, 2017
MizMyColi:

The battery does not get empty that easily.
how many hours on heavy use becos most of the review I hav read say max of 6hours which is kind of small for me
Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by MizMyColi(f): 8:36pm On Jan 19, 2017
nurez305:
how many hours on heavy use becos most of the review I hav read say max of 6hours which is kind of small for me
I don't know about heavy use o

I play music, browse well and sometimes use the torch light, I watch videos too.
The battery doesn't go off just like that.
Though I have to charge at least once a day....that's if I do these things listed above o.

For me, I think that if a person wants to use their phone for heavy stuff, then they should be prepared to charge it, either with Gen, Nepa or Powerbank.
Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by Behankey(m): 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2017
I think the accessories are part of the reason the phone is attractive. Every one of them is so useful
Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by scarycuteface(m): 7:06pm On Jan 21, 2017
Very sleek and attractive. The phone is beautiful. And I think the accessories are adequate, to make the user experience lovely.
Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by Abdstrakt(m): 9:18am On Jan 22, 2017
No wonder the package is huge, lots of accessories for a smartphone.

2 Likes

Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by Freelancerx: 10:20am On Jan 22, 2017
scarycuteface:
Very sleek and attractive. The phone is beautiful. And I think the accessories are adequate, to make the user experience lovely.
You're right. No doubt it's a beautiful phone but the way the accessories were packaged sef, makes you like it more. Basically, Tecno made provision for every function of the phone with the accessories.
Re: A Belated Review Of Tecno Phantom 6 Accessories by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 22, 2017
lovely accessories trust me

(1) (Reply)

How To Watch Full Movies {non-live} With Startime App / 120GB Data: MTN Blames Glitch After Losing 700 Million In 2 Hours / So When Is The Redmi Note 9 finally Coming To Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.