Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,994 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:07 AM

Surprising Effect Of Cannabis (weed/igbo/indian Hemp) On Dogs: True Story - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Surprising Effect Of Cannabis (weed/igbo/indian Hemp) On Dogs: True Story (1890 Views)

Effect Of Fish Feeds On Dogs... / Man Feeds His Dog With Weed, See The Dogs' Reaction Afterwards (Pics) / Please Rooms Can Novax Stop Diarrah On Dogs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surprising Effect Of Cannabis (weed/igbo/indian Hemp) On Dogs: True Story by mekus123: 10:13am On Jan 16, 2017
This is a true experience.
My compound has 2 flats and a boys quarter, so I don't stay alone.

The first flat is occupied by some boys that cush. The previous night is say them smoking and in very merry mood; eating, smoking and dancing to music.

Next day they dumped the food remnant outside and left the house. Coming in, I saw my dogs eating their remnant but it never occured to me that the food was mixed with cannabis, so I did not give it a second though. Later that morning I wanted to walk one of the dogs, but I noticed it was lethargic. It won't respond to my calls. It kept sleeping on the floor. I was with a friend that also felt this was highly unusual, he tried forcing the dog to it's feet, but the do simply slumped back to the ground. It was then we knew something was terribly wrong.

I have read many times on Nairaland and heard people say weed can make your dog aggressive. Don't be fooled. Cannabis is a DEPRESSANT, just like alcohol, it relaxes the brain and could also cause hallucinations, IT WOULD NEVER MAKE YOUR DOG AGGRESSiVE IN A RIGHT WAY. The only aggression will be from the confusion from hallucinations the dog is going thru and this won't be well coordinated

We had to start giving the dog water to drink, it could not drink on it's own as it was too weak. I recall how it opened it's mouth and laid on the ground gasping for air while one of it's paws was shaking terribly.

The other dog seemed not to have eaten much, it could stand on it's paws but was staggering all over like a drunk man. Later it started crawling on it's behind walking with only 2 legs. It was a terrible sight.

Well. By evening the 2 dogs came thru and I never saw them eat as much as they did that day. Guess weed makes them hungry.

So there you have it. Give your dog cannabis if you want it to die, cos it won't make them aggressive.

Please share your experiences of your pet taking psychedelic drugs or alcohol
Re: Surprising Effect Of Cannabis (weed/igbo/indian Hemp) On Dogs: True Story by babseg(m): 10:22am On Jan 16, 2017
mekus123:

Were you the dog on igbo
Re: Surprising Effect Of Cannabis (weed/igbo/indian Hemp) On Dogs: True Story by mekus123: 10:31am On Jan 16, 2017
babseg:

Were you the dog on igbo
Learn to talk using ur brain not ur anus

6 Likes

Re: Surprising Effect Of Cannabis (weed/igbo/indian Hemp) On Dogs: True Story by slimmdree(m): 12:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
mekus123:

Learn to talk using ur brain not ur anus
Re: Surprising Effect Of Cannabis (weed/igbo/indian Hemp) On Dogs: True Story by Timi141: 1:29pm On Jan 16, 2017
grin u should have taken a picture or a video.
Re: Surprising Effect Of Cannabis (weed/igbo/indian Hemp) On Dogs: True Story by mekus123: 2:52pm On Jan 16, 2017
Timi141:
grin u should have taken a picture or a video.
I was too scared to even think of taking picture. I thought they were going to die.

It was later when they were ok that I could think back and laugh.

U need to see how white the dog's eyes became. It was not funny at the moment
Re: Surprising Effect Of Cannabis (weed/igbo/indian Hemp) On Dogs: True Story by younghartz(m): 6:38pm On Jan 16, 2017
My frnd gave my pup sometime ago... Her name is cookie. Cookie felt fly smiley I thought she's gonna die,I took her straight to bath her then let her lay on d tiles, then she got her self. On the other hand terror was restless that day cus it made it look crazy, nicki was just calm. So I never allowed it happen again

(1) (Reply)

Rottweiler @ GIVE AWAY Price / Want To Build A Pet Cage? Then You Need To Consider These Points / Lhasa Apso And Kimola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.