Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,475 members, 7,781,383 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:33 PM

Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM (24221 Views)

MMM Posts Christmas Greeting. Angry Participants React (Photos) / Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good / Why I Think MMM Is Not A "Helping" Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by Jaideyone(m): 11:12am On Jan 16, 2017
it's irritating when some mmm promoters come here to tell us to mind our business and insult us just because we dared to air our views against the ponzi scheme. some of them have gone as far as laying curses on us for pointing out loopholes in system.

front page or not this post is aimed at educating them on why we (myself, like minded people and the government) will continue to warn people against putting their money in such schemes.

if my neighbour comes to preach to me, giving me reasons why I should start going to church with him and how I will benefit immensely from what his church has to offer then he has automatically given me the right of disagreement. I know his pastor flogs the worshippers during deliverance sessions, tells them to go outside and eat grass and swallow snakes in the name of Jesus. from that moment onward I have the right to challenge his points and dissuade my siblings and loved ones from following him to church lest they get brainwashed and hurt in the process.
what I'm saying in essence is that we stand against MMM because we have loved ones who are into it or planning to join.
I have a close friend who currently has 100k in the system and all I want is for him to get his money out before it crashes. I love him and I don't want him to lose his money.
I have a girlfriend who has been talking about joining since October. do I hate her? No!!! do I give money? yes!!! infact I'll be paying half of her rent by February ending while she'll pay the remaining half. I love her and I don't want her to lose her hard earned money. if she does I'll have to pick up the bill. my only prayer is she won't put her money into it without telling me.
so you've accused us of praying for MMM to crash? yes
why? cos we have loved ones who might join if MMM stays a day longer. the earlier it crashes the better. the more it grows the higher the number of Nigerians at risk of losing their money when it crashes.
so as those who are in the light, it's our responsibility to reach out to family members and friends who are in the system and persuade then to get out. we are not preaching against MMM because we hate them, we are doing so because we've identified the dangers associated with putting money in a scheme with no solid investment structure.

we will continue to dissuade people from joining. it's my responsibility and I won't shy away from it. call it hate, jealousy, whatever you like.

thanks for reading.
Let the bashing begin

97 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by oxbowlake: 11:27am On Jan 16, 2017
You're on your own

34 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by chicoMX(m): 11:35am On Jan 16, 2017
somebody will push this crap to FP!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by charleseee(f): 11:37am On Jan 16, 2017
Jaideyone:
it's irritating when some mmm promoters come here to tell us to mind our business and insult us just because we dared to air our views against the ponzi scheme. some of them have gone as far as laying curses on us for pointing out loopholes in system.

front page or not this post is aimed at educating them on why we (myself, like minded people and the government) will continue to warn people against putting their money in such schemes.

if my neighbour comes to preach to me, giving me reasons why I should start going to church with him and how I will benefit immensely from what his church has to offer then he has automatically given me the right of disagreement. I know his pastor flogs the worshippers during deliverance sessions, tells them to go outside and eat grass and swallow snakes in the name of Jesus. from that moment onward I have the right to challenge his points and dissuade my siblings and loved ones from following him to church lest they get brainwashed and hurt in the process.
what I'm saying in essence is that we stand against MMM because we have loved ones who are into it or planning to join.
I have a close friend who currently has 100k in the system and all I want is for him to get his money out before it crashes. I love him and I don't want him to lose his money.
I have a girlfriend who has been talking about joining since October. do I hate her? No!!! do I give money? yes!!! infact I'll be paying half of her rent by February ending while she'll pay the remaining half. I love her and I don't want her to lose her hard earned money. if she does I'll have to pick up the bill. my only prayer is she won't put her money into it without telling me.
so you've accused us of praying for MMM to crash? yes
why? cos we have loved ones who might join if MMM stays a day longer. the earlier it crashes the better. the more it grows the higher the number of Nigerians at risk of losing their money when it crashes.
so as those who are in the light, it's our responsibility to reach out to family members and friends who are in the system and persuade then to get out. we are not preaching against MMM because we hate them, we are doing so because we've identified the dangers associated with putting money in a scheme with no solid investment structure.

we will continue to dissuade people from joining. it's my responsibility and I won't shy away from it. call it hate, jealousy, whatever you like.

thanks for reading.
Let the bashing begin
and you stand for Nairabet, pool, baba ijebu and politicians

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by Jaideyone(m): 11:49am On Jan 16, 2017
charleseee:
and you stand for Nairabet, pool, baba ijebu and politicians
so you had to quote the whole thing? what gave you the impression I gamble? I'm not a saint but I don't

30 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by chessguru(m): 12:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
I STAND FOR MMM NIGERIA ..... una carry MMM matter for head like fresh gala . e no get wetin una wan talk or how una want take talk am , we know your motives and WE STAND WITH MMM NIGERIA

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by charleseee(f): 12:28pm On Jan 16, 2017
Jaideyone:
so you had to quote the whole thing? what gave you the impression I gamble? I'm not a saint but I don't
why not write against them

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
The OP is quite right. I am not even Nigerian, but I stand against MMM and similar fraudulent schemes. Where I live it is strictly forbidden to set or even promote any Ponzi scheme.

"wetin concern you" " how is that your business" and similar rhetorics, are not arguments. At their best, they are fallacious lines of reasoning. What happens to others influence sme. Men are not islands, we do not live in Autarchy. When tens of thousands shall be loosing their funds, it will concern me. We will have to weep with them and even lend them money for them to start afresh. The general economy shall be affected. It will set a precedent and generate fear. People will be afraid to invest, even in productive business domains. If the Bubble called MMM goes on for another 1 or 2 years before it bursts (as it will most certainly do), the collateral dammages will be so great that Nigeria may go from Recession to Depression.

It is ignorance (at best) and/or greed that pushes people to believe that a system, without external source of income, which promises up to 30% even 50% ROI in the shortest time, is sustainable.

There is no worst Blind, than He who refuses to see.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by Goovo(m): 6:52pm On Jan 16, 2017
Seun and Co, push this crap to front page, that's wat u guys are good for.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by jiinxed: 9:30pm On Jan 16, 2017
Get ready to be attacked by Nl resident MMM zombies. They're always so bitter, only God knows why undecided

12 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by AkinPhysicist: 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
In light of the terrorist attacks over the years and the one that just occurred at the University of Maiduguri, I urge ALL well meaning Muslims to begin looking into bringing about the reformation of Islam as a religion. Here are some suggestions that I have. Please, do not see any of these suggestions as an attack on Islam. This is just my own effort at trying to look for solutions for a problem that has tarnished the image of Muslims not only in Nigeria but all over the world. So a few suggestions are:

1. Eliminate Madrasas. These schools have served as a breeding ground to brainwash children. Some of these brainwashed children can then grow up to be terrorists. Muslim children should be sent to normal schools were they learn English, Arithmetic, reasoning and logic. This will equip them to think critically as adults not only about religion but also about politics and world events.

2. Declare some parts of the Quran and Hadith as haram: Some parts of the scriptures are just plainly wrong. For example, the command to kill those who do not believe in Islam. Christians used to have a similar problem with the Old Testament and they were able to solve it by placing their attention on the New Testament. If something similar can be done in Islam it will go a long way to help address this issue of radicalization.

26 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 16, 2017
nairaland is really getting childish with this MMM stuff

undecided undecided

might just leave the forum for a while

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by yinkzzboy: 9:32pm On Jan 16, 2017
Who gives a rat ass u standing against MMM? angry didn't even read the shii u typed there, buh u can shove ur opinion up ur @ss.

9 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by admax(m): 9:32pm On Jan 16, 2017
I don't support that MMM Ponzi scheme but all this orisirisi articles meant to discourage people from participating in the scheme is just unnecessary.

Every of those MMM addict understands the risks involve but decided to play it anyway. One of the gifts God gave us is the ability to choose.

So, leave 'em alone! angry

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by smark61: 9:32pm On Jan 16, 2017
chicoMX:
somebody will push this crap to FP!

I just tire angry

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by fratermathy(m): 9:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
All these MMM posts are becoming too much jor. Leave them with their ignorance!

It is only a lion that has eaten a porcupine before that will know what a porcupine does to the stomach.

8 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by VivaDeAngelo(m): 9:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
"Reasons why I stand against MMM"

But excuse me bros, who are you?

24 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by ritababe(f): 9:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
Goovo:
Seun and Co, push this crap to front page, that's wat u guys are good for.

and they fulfill your wish.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by buygala(m): 9:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
Ik
Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by EniHolar(f): 9:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
Ok

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by COdeGenesis: 9:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
Mmm is finished

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by obamd: 9:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
This recurrent obsessive compulsive bashing of MMM here is becoming irrigating.

Can we just breathe for a day without MMM stories, cos they all seem to be saying the same thing.

MMM is bad and risky, do not engage. Shikena

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by semasir: 9:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
grin
Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by sammexxy(m): 9:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
nairaland is getting boring wit all dis mmm posts...u pple ar not making any sense.just leave mmm alone..abegii,i expect u to b tire wit all dis mmm post by now

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by ogawisdom(m): 9:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
Yawns

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by Olasco93: 9:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
But;

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by Hiploko(m): 9:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
Imagine this rubbish on FP.

Anyways like post like OP, like NL mods, like forum owner

10 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM by tafrica(m): 9:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
Aren't this MMM thinggy becoming stale, boring and childish?
Have Seun and other nairaland MODs lost other innovative ideas to drive traffic to NL than MMM?
All Bloggers wanna be now sit down to write just any epistle on MMM with assurance MODs will push it to NL.

Seun, you have made your money, let MMMers make theirs through any risky ways they know, afterall, life is all about risk. MMMers quite know it wont go for long, allow them rest please.
As a matter of fact, some businesses are also seasonal; boom in a certain season and go off in another season. This is MMM's season, let them enjoy it till it dies a natural death. Why are you all sweating to kill MMM after it has proven you wrong several times? (Not forgetting from "MMM has crashed" to "MMM will not come back" to "If MMM comes back, they will not pay" and then to "Has MMM matched anyone for payment?"wink
Every aspect of man's live has its pros and cons, so what's the fuss about MMM?

Get a life and stop worrying about MMM members who don't give any hoot about your hustles or existence.

33 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions / List OF 40 Profitable Small Scale Businesses In Nigeria You Can Start / Everything To Know About Jumia Black Friday [jumia Awoof]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.