Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,689 members, 7,805,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria (3397 Views)

How We Are Creating Opportunities For Young People - Vice President Osinbajo / Look At The Nuisance Apc Is Creating In Ordinary Ward Congress - Governor Wike / Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:55pm On Jan 16, 2017
maclatunji:
The controversy over the retirement of the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor E.A. Adeboye is just about settling down right now. However, there are several points to note and draw from the episode that show how many Christians in Nigeria (not all) have become such a big problem to themselves and the country as a whole.

Immediately it emerged that Pastor Adeboye was retiring based on a government agency's directive namely the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria, social media and the electronic media- radio and television in particular were flooded with all sorts of claims about how the country's Muslim President, Muhammadu Buhari was 'fighting the church', 'trying to Islamize Nigeria (their favourite chant)' and so on and so forth.

None of these self-righteous sanctimonious hypocrites bothered to check how or why the policy was implemented. This went on for about 4 days until news broke that a certain Jim Obazee as head of the FRC had defied Presidential directives on the policy that affected the RCCG leader, then there was silence.

So, this is how to be a Christian? Slander people and lie about issues when it is convenient for you and when the truth comes out keep silent because it does not 'favour you'?

Yes, Nigeria has many problems of religious tensions and unnecessary violence. However, these dubious traits of too many Christians is a major source of the conflict. It is Christians that are seeking to wipe-out anything that they perceive to be related to Islam in our national life, like removal of Arabic script from the naira under Christian President Jonathan based on the prompting of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor-led Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) or the totally unnecessary campaign against the introduction of Islamic banking in Nigeria which ironically many Christians now benefit from and which is an accepted form of banking across the world regardless of the religion practised in those countries and the attacks by Christian teachers on Muslim girls wearing hijab to school or even to write GCE and JAMB examinations! shocked shocked shocked shocked

The faster, Christian leaders and their followers begin to act more in line with what they claim is in the Bible and see as Jesus' (Peace Be Upon Him) teachings, the better for them and the peace of Nigeria.

The shameful lack of integrity and forthrightness they have been showing in recent years do no one any favours and do not promote the peace which they want us to believe they uphold.

The tensions and killings will fizzle out when we address the real issues of apprehending criminals under any name they may call themselves from Boko Haram to Nigerdelta militants to cattle herdsmen/rearers to ethnic militia to armed robbers and Kidnappers.

However, if leaders continue to think they can use these negative elements in society to blackmail or rubbish people of other faiths and tribes, they are almost as guilty as these criminals in being complicit in the crimes they commit.
There is nothing like a "Nigerian Christian", what you have is a Nigerian Hypocrite that doesn't even understand the religion he professes.

3 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by adem30: 6:03pm On Jan 16, 2017
BeClever:

Just shut up already!

You have spluttered enough saliva on my mention..
It's silly of you to continue to think that the brain dead bigoted stooge in Aso-Rock is fighting corruption...

Under his stupid watch kwashiokor is killing Nigerians in various IDP camps and his criminal paddy Babachir is cutting grass with hundreds of millions..

Peeps like you comment based on interests and when it isn't in your favor you feign mum.. I am not a religious person but cant stand Islam and Muslims especially ones claiming moderate..

APC criminals has achieved their dirty aim of removing discerning voice of opposition in Ayedepo and your bigoted soul bounce around threads defending them..

Can you see how intellectual deformed you are?

Have you answered any of the questions I asked you before you start insulting?

1 Like

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by BeClever: 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
adem30:

Can you see how intellectual deformed you are?

Have you answered any of the questions I asked you before you start insulting?

Mechie onu there, anu ohia!

What kind of silly question should I answer you?
Buhari and the rest of APC members are the latest criminals in town..
They are worst than PDP cos they double as murderers..

Religion, not only Islam is a curse!

I can never answer your useless question..

1 Like

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by adem30: 10:50pm On Jan 16, 2017
BeClever:

Mechie onu there, anu ohia!
What kind of silly question should I answer you? Buhari and the rest of APC members are the latest criminals in town.. They are worst than PDP cos they double as murderers..
Religion, not only Islam is a curse!
I can never answer your useless question..
Then locate the nearest lagoon

2 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by dragonking2: 11:11pm On Jan 16, 2017
Beremx:
I hate to dabble into religious crises but I think the Op is a hypocrite. Not until the Op tells me his stand on the religious cleansing of Christians by Muslims in southern kaduna, then he's a certified hypocrite
You don't know maclatunji very well.. He is the biggest hypocrite ever in nairaland.. Just ignore the confused nigga

2 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by jamislaw(m): 11:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
If I were president of this country I will allow the Igbos to go, let them go and develop their region we don't want to see them in North. Their are the one instigating southern Kaduna fight. Don't kill fulani cow they won't listen, is better you kill Fulani him self than to kill his cow. Back to the main issue Christians hate Muslims alot nothing Muslim person can do to satisfy them.

2 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by Fedayeen02: 11:24pm On Jan 16, 2017
Beremx:
I hate to dabble into religious crises but I think the Op is a hypocrite. Not until the Op tells me his stand on the religious cleansing of Christians by Muslims in southern kaduna, then he's a certified hypocrite
Even Seun knows the Op is an hypocrite so i can't even waste my time on one of his gibberish.

Tonyebarcaniista come and join the Op so that the clowns for today circus will be complete
Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by Empiree: 5:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
Beremx:
Alfa Tunji, i haven't been on nairaland for a long while if you had noticed. You really think i should have asked you about your stand on Kaduna killings before you say your mind abi? Stop sounding like a fulani Muslim ogbeni.
Obinrin ateyinto lasan lasan lipsrsealed lipsrsealed acting masculine cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by keally: 6:01pm On Jan 17, 2017
adem30:

I am a Christian, but you are seriously speaking the truth.

Our so called Christian in power will keep mute when they are bidding for what will favour them materially and forget about what will affect Christianity.

This very law was signed by our so called Christian president GEJ, nobody talk about it then but they are very active to crucified Buhari now, and keep mute when the whole truth came out.
. Your type of christian is the type the muslims call useful idiots. It's either you are being used against christianity or you are foolishly ignorant and refuse to get information. For the records, the law that was passed in 2011 never contained that wicked anti-christian clause. That clause was only inserted through an amendment on the 16th of October 2016. Get ur facts right b4 you comment on social media.
Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by adem30: 9:59pm On Jan 17, 2017
keally:
. Your type of christian is the type the muslims call useful idiots. It's either you are being used against christianity or you are foolishly ignorant and refuse to get information. For the records, the law that was passed in 2011 never contained that wicked anti-christian clause. That clause was only inserted through an amendment on the 16th of October 2016. Get ur facts right b4 you comment on social media.

Mr Ignorant I.dio.t

Who was the person that amended the law in 2016? Was he a Muslim from Kano?

1 Like

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by saintmark88(m): 11:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
Beremx:

How do u know that its only christains that are affected by d killings n southern kaduna, pls b sincere??, do u live there??, did u witness the killings to ascertain that yes, it was christains that were killed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by saintmark88(m): 11:51pm On Jan 17, 2017
BeClever:
Mods please move this piece of dirt to 'religion' or 'islam' board/section..

It's share stupidity for anyone to believe even in the face of Buhari tyranny that any of his stooges would act without being instructed..

Even Buhari himself takes instructions from the "Aso-Rock Cabals" ...ask Aisha!

I would have loved to enlighten u oh. But it's better to leave u the way u r, that way u remain useless to urself, ur family, ur friends and d world at large, ur punishment for this nonsense u typed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by maclatunji: 1:10am On Jan 18, 2017
saintmark88:

How do u know that its only christains that are affected by d killings n southern kaduna, pls b sincere??, do u live there??, did u witness the killings to ascertain that yes, it was christains that were killed

I tire for the matter. They just keep chorusing 'Southern Kaduna', the police recovered arms from both sides when they took action about 3 weeks ago. Yet, one side with their choir are claiming victim. It goes back to what I wrote in the OP.

2 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by olayinkajnr(m): 3:56am On Jan 18, 2017
And the media ain't helping matters. The way they painted the whole thing self. I can't conclude that there are no killings but I base in Kaduna and I've been there to see for myself. I shook my head and concluded that the media, and the personal hate for some group of people is the bane of this country.

2 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by Empiree: 4:00am On Jan 18, 2017
olayinkajnr:
And the media ain't helping matters. The way they painted the whole thing self. I can't conclude that there are no killings but I base in Kaduna and I've been there to see for myself. I shook my head and concluded that the media, and the personal hate for some set of group is the bane of this country.

And yet, they would claim Buhari suppressed freedom of speech

1 Like

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by saintmark88(m): 5:23am On Jan 18, 2017
maclatunji:

I tire for the matter. They just keep chorusing 'Southern Kaduna', the police recovered arms from both sides when they took action about 3 weeks ago. Yet, one side with their choir are claiming victim. It goes back to what I wrote in the OP.

I'm a christain but the way politicians are using d church as a tool to fight against the govt is annoying, its because politics is involved thts y pple can't be objective anymore, someone even said the obazee guy was a stooge for pmb who was only obeying an order, obazee couldn't have been PMBs stooge because he was appointed by GEJ not PMB.

Remember wen d Boko Haram tin started churches were attacked, thts how they labelled it a war against D church, it took a while for pple to understand that Boko Haram wasn't just against the church rather they were criminals who have no agenda, Christains should stop been a tool for politicains

1 Like

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by Sealeddeal(m): 6:12am On Jan 18, 2017
Op is talking nonsense. And I bet you, he is Yoruba Muslim. I am not a Christian neither do I really want to be religious but the above post is laced with lies. It was under Yaradua that Soludo removed the useless Arabic inscription on Naira. Nigeria has nothing to do with Arabic except for religious reason and keeping Arabic inscription on Naira or any other Federal instruments negates the national emblem of secularism.
Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by olayinkajnr(m): 8:31am On Jan 18, 2017
Empiree:
And yet, they would claim Buhari suppressed freedom of speech

Abi รณ...

2 Likes

Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by Ragnorak: 9:26am On Jan 18, 2017
I've had a front row seat and watched how Nigerian Muslims have caused more serious problems for their country than their Christian counterparts with their hateful, hypocritical and violent tendencies. Please don't come and yarn dust here.
Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by irrefragable: 11:55am On Jan 18, 2017
My only problem is how did i come to be sharing a country with this kind of people.
Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by orisa37: 1:57pm On Jan 18, 2017
Christians are Successes of God. Obazee is not among. In fact Obazee is a Demon and a Failure. No Born Again Christian would do what he did.
Re: Must Read: How Many Christians Are Creating Problems In Nigeria by maclatunji: 12:26pm On Jan 19, 2017
Sealeddeal:
Op is talking nonsense. And I bet you, he is Yoruba Muslim. I am not a Christian neither do I really want to be religious but the above post is laced with lies. It was under Yaradua that Soludo removed the useless Arabic inscription on Naira. Nigeria has nothing to do with Arabic except for religious reason and keeping Arabic inscription on Naira or any other Federal instruments negates the national emblem of secularism.

And you are what? http://www.newyorker.com/business/currency/language-nigerian-money

Yet another hateful liar.

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari In A Meeting In UK Following Death Rumour. / Why The north will vote and support a Yoruba man / APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.