Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years (1678 Views)

14-Year-Old Housemaid Turned Into Sex Slave In Delta, Rescued. Photos / Fake Prophetess Posing As Police Officer Arrested In Lagos After 15 Years(Photo) / Couple Steals Mad Woman’s Baby After 15 Years Of Childless Marriage (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 16, 2017
i just want us to be very careful on who we let into our homes no matter the years of relationship or trust we have or grown to have for the person.

My barber (Adewale Erinle Musa - phone number-08136904493 - Diamond bank acct 0059230970- ) he was a barber at Nipco Filing station Ajah badore road before okera-kekere.
i have known him for 15years and introduced him to lots of clients whom he goes to their homes to give hair-cuts to their children and loved ones.

i was a dedicated customer to my barber, even when he left his shop, i call him and drive to him wherever he is, we have had hair cuts in difficult places..

situations we have had hair cuts:

-On the road side close to the express holding the glass while he cuts.
-In container cabins without fans and A/C.
-He has carried me along while he begs barbers to please use their shops.

i have had so many reasons to let him go, while i try somewhere else,but because he cuts very well and the years of relatonship, whenever i am around i call him. also being a very humble person who does not discriminate in anyway.

i assist him the very best way i can when he calls for help.
cases:
- child birth / kids fees etc
- marriage
- fathers death
- travels
virtually all new-years and christmas including 2016/2017.

on the 1st of Jan 2017 he had discussed with me on the economic situation and how difficult things were to him and his 2 year old son, i though about it and the number of years we have known, discussed with my wife whom he knows very well, she agreed and i told wale to get a place, i would rent and furnish, he would only pay a certain amount that would not affect his living and pocket from the proceeds of the shop, on completion of the payment (which is the cost of rent) he ownes the shop.

wale was so happy, thanked me, postrated and kept showering blessings. my phone never rested after that promise.
on the 6th of January i asked wale to make enquiries about his previous shop (at Nipco filling station badore road) since people already knew him and he has his customer base there already.

wale came to me with a bill of 300k for 2 years, i told him i would talk to some friends whom he knew through me, they initially agreed but declined later. wale came begging again, i told him i would do it alone but it would be difficult for me, he said he would try to pay back as soon as he can. i told wale to give me the agents contact, cautioned him to check properly as real estate frauds are everywhere, little did i know i was with the devil himself.

[b]wale sent me an account number (AYOOLA FUNSHO - GTB BANK 0113806163 - phone number- 07037090662) [/b]claimed that was the person in charge, didnt bother checking as i thought it mattered to him most and i was only helping. he provided a carpenter aho gave an estimate of 90k for all wood work, i transferred a deposit of 60k to him instantly. i asked wale for the receipt of rent, he said the agent would give it to him the next day. i made the transfer of N300,000 to the agents information given.

the next day 7th Jan 2016, i went to the staion to meet wale for receipt, i was told i didnt make any payment to them, i laughed as i knew i had been scammed by someone i had known for 15years whom i was trying to assist.. i crossed the road to the carpenter, he said wale came to him the previous night to collect the money as he had seen somewhere cheaper to get the work done, i tried reaching wale pretending i have not found out, wale even requested for some money to please buy some kits which i had initially planned via transfer, i declined and asked he meet me in person. that was the last i heard from him.

i decided to bury the matter and forget it since i was only trying to help initially, but on a second thought it came to mind how he might have access to peoples homes to rob or even kidnap them, since sometimes he is at my place with my family alne while he waited for me. i braodcasted to all my contacts telling them about the situation and to end all contacts with him.please pass this along as you dont know whom might be a victim, mine was just a case of scam, theirs might be robbery/kidnap/assassination etc....

1 Like

Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
sad

How cud he do this to u After 15yrs?
Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by Edwinmason(m): 12:58pm On Jan 16, 2017
sometimes when some people refuse to help their friends i dont blame them...

2 Likes

Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 16, 2017
TrapQueen77:
sad

How cud he have done to u After 15yrs?

Am very shocked myself, i personally entertained him for the new-year after waiting for me for at my place..

He sat with my wife and friends.. the way we sat and chatted, you wont even know he is a barber..

But this is what i get in return after i tried helping..

Am only thanking God he didnt rob or kidnap them or planned evil against them..

Please be very careful who you let in, some people are just not human and cant be human.

1 Like

Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by Baawaa(m): 1:12pm On Jan 16, 2017
My brother,he is the one that loose because you want to help him but he turned it to scam.Moreover,how much are we talking total of 360k,i can asure you by now the money has gone because it is not his sweat.
Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by johnbuck81(m): 1:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
that money won't take him anywhere... rather it will incure more debt for him.

3 Likes

Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 16, 2017
Esseite:

Am very shocked myself, i personally entertained him for the new-year after waiting for me for at my place..

He sat with my wife and friends.. the way we sat and chatted, you wont even know he is a barber..

But this is what i get in return after i tried helping..

Am only thanking God he didnt rob or kidnap them or planned evil against them..

Please be very careful who you let in, some people are just not human and cant be human.

Have u report this matter to the police station? undecided

We really can't trust anyone especially when it comes to money matter. I can't imagine after all of those years, still he have the guts to scam u..

1 Like

Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by verygudbadguy(m): 2:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
Naija, a country where no one can be trusted. You travel abroad, send money to family to help build a house, dem go scam you.

On the road, fraudster full everywhere talking about dollars.

Chai, Naija, I hail thee.

1 Like

Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by eposho: 2:21pm On Jan 16, 2017
Only permanent thing in life is change. Animals are far better than we humans atyms
Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by dotman4real007(m): 3:23pm On Jan 16, 2017
OP you are funny ooo! 360k for this buhari era! I would suggest you employ AYILALA for this case! When wale's stomach starts to grow like a pregnant woman he will return your money in double folds!!!

1 Like

Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by fergieboy: 3:49pm On Jan 16, 2017
Reason people hardly help people...

Op pls don't stop your good gesture towards people

God bless u
Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by hedonistic: 7:39pm On Jan 16, 2017
Sorry about that. Treachery is very common, and has been so since creation.

However, hope you're not a poor judge of character. Otherwise, you should have discerned about initio that this guy isn't the kind of person you get too chummy or charitable with.
Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by Eleniyan15: 8:58pm On Jan 16, 2017
sorry for the loose op I think I know the saloon you talking about I actually saw the shop like last week Thursday , it a nice place looking @ it from outside.].but you need too teach him lesson ooo
Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by andyanders: 10:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
With his facial look, you need no soothsayer to tell you that the guy is a criminal. Look at his hard face.
Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by stancod(m): 10:08pm On Jan 16, 2017
D guy don sell him destiny. Jst like Esau dat sold his birthrite b'cos of food
Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by obyrich(m): 12:28am On Jan 17, 2017
I won't advise to you to stop helping people if you are moved by your spirit to do so. Well done for exposing the scammer. You lost 360k, and he lost a future. His loss is much higher.
Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by vchykp(m): 2:24am On Jan 17, 2017
After i was scammed of 441K.. i lost trust in everyone, at this point sef, am not sure if i still trust my left leg, TRUST is like gamble, if you put in your money, you either expect winning or loosing, so if you dont have the mind of gambling or cant let the money go, then dont Bleep with TRUST..!!
Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by Funjosh(m): 3:21am On Jan 17, 2017
Humans
Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by Okoyiboz3: 10:13am On Aug 19, 2017
Lalasticlala
Dominique
OAM4J
Mynd44
Obinoscopy
Semid4lyf

Let's drive traffic here, makes an interesting read.
Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by prahcetomi(m): 10:35am On Aug 19, 2017
Trusting someone is very hard,especially in this recession
Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by Adeevah(m): 10:50am On Aug 19, 2017
Hnmmn kiss undecided kiss
Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by columbus007(m): 2:15pm On Aug 19, 2017
Same thing happened to me far back 2005,i was scammed by an older woman of my hard earned money amounting to 460k after which she took off,she packed out of the house without telling me nor picking my calls,the story long sha,Op,u see why there's more poverties in the land cheesy,na lack of trust dey cause am,every Nigerian you come across is a suspect undecided
Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by DabuIIIT: 3:25pm On Aug 19, 2017
Thats the average yo..... U know them,backstabbers and betrayers.. I am yet to find my capenter,whom i gave money last sunday..rogues
Re: How My Help Turned Into Sorrow With A Barber I Tried Helping After 15 Years by ray48: 7:15pm On Aug 19, 2017
Don't be deterred in helping others in the future. God in his infinite mercy will reward you. He has only succeeded in bringing curse to himself. He has lost that trust from u , ur family members, friends etc. That money will not last for him neither will it be useful for him. Just forget about it and move on. Very soon, u ll hear dat he is jumping from one church to the other looking for solution to a self inflicted problem.

(1) (Reply)

Slay Mama Caught On Camera Hiding Foods, Plate In Her Bag At A Party (Pix) / Please Be Careful On Traffic In Lagos-i Just Got Robbed Of My Brandnew Iphone 7+ / Female Secondary School Students Share Video Of Themselves handling Each Other's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.