Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola (23749 Views)

"I Will Never Forget Your Sacrifices" - President Buhari Tells His Supporters / Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press / Atiku Replies Twitter User Who Called Him Out For Wearing Agbada To Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by kenlinzo(m): 2:07pm On Jan 16, 2017
That is hw they advise us to drop our certificate and go back to the farm. Y not just advise us not to go to the university again and just go back to farm from secondary school. Pls, can somebody answer these qwestion for me:
1. Hw many of his children are farming?
2. He was made a commissioner of works in another state. I blieve this was what brought him to lime lite. Y can't him appoint a commissioner of works his own state, or is there no capable graduate hand in OSUN STATE?

Our leaders with their gimmick.........God will save us from the hand of our leaders someday.

Note: I'm not against farming but it pains me when leaders, most especially in this part of africa will use the country or state money to enrich themselves and family. Send their children abroad, prepare executive offices for them after school and advice us to go back to the farm. Its very very annoying................
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 16, 2017
alaskido:

If Aregbe rascal wants us to dump our certificate and go into farming, is he ready to provide the finance, fertilizers, tractors, seeds, etc? You cannot start a farm with empty hands. Also these new generations graduates cannot use hoe, cutlass, rakes, shovels to farm manually. No one wants to suffer in the 21st century. I will advise you send Kabiru your son to start as an experiment. If he succeeds we will join him.

Who is kabiru?

1 Like

Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
Weldone governor!!!! cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by OBAGADAFFI: 2:16pm On Jan 16, 2017
PDJT:
Lol. Good advice from that Ododowa man.
Especially cocoa farming, cos I love my coffee and hot chocolate.

I say to the oil-producing communities: Shut that goddam thing down!

Do you think Cocoa farmers and businessmen are illiterates or school dropouts?

Go to IITA and see for your self.

This is why always say Tinubu and Co are the worst thing to happen to ever happen to the SW.
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by Jagaban01(m): 2:26pm On Jan 16, 2017
[quote author=Lautechgossip post=52852604]Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun have charged university graduates to dump their certificates and go back to farm, urging them to see agriculture as viable alternative to white collar job.

The governor said the call was necessary due to the menace of unemployment among Nigerian youths.

Aregbesola gave the charge while delivering a speech at the 6th Convocation Ceremony of Fountain University, Osogbo, adding that the present economic situation has shown Nigerians the need to encourage farming as the only alternative to crude oil.

He explained that there was no aspect of life that could do without agriculture, saying Nigerian graduates must henceforth stop searching for formal jobs that realistically remained elusive.

He called for productivity, resilience and hard-work among Nigerians, stressing that the present nation’s economy demands one to be self-employed.

Aregbesola noted that there is no other alternative to sustain Nigerian economy than to build and encourage requisite interest in agriculture and brace up with anything that could promote food security.

The governor maintained that all Nigerians, as a matter of urgency should invest in things that would enhance farming in the next five years if truly the nation was ready to overcome her present economic challenges.

Lamenting the glut in the global oil market, which has brought about dwindling revenues to all tiers of government, Aregbesola emphasised the need for massive participation in agriculture.

“There is need for us , especially our young graduand’s to lead the nation in promoting agriculture as the only realistic surviving alternative to economy.

“We must not but embrace farming because it is only agriculture that has direct links to all aspects of life.

“Nigeria has grown to the stage through which her food production capacity must be urgently expanded to meet the general needs of the citizenry and as well enhance exportation.

“The time to enhance productivity has come. We must all embrace productivity. We must produce whatever we desire to consume”, he added.

Congratulating the graduating students, Aregbesola charged them to adapt to the virtues they acquired from the institution.
He called on them to get prepared for the challenges ahead and life after university which he described as “challenging.”

“You must all prepare the challenges ahead especially at this period of over saturated tendencies of labour market. You need grim determination to succeed. You must be rational and critical in the application of the knowledge you have acquired”.

Aregbesola appealed to those who are perpetrating violence and criminality in the name of Islam to have a rethink, using the precious and reputable saying, “violence is directly antithetical to Islam.”

Earlier in his lecture, Professor Abubakar Rasheed, who is the Executive Secretary of National Universities Commission(NUC)and the Guest Speaker at the event charged both private and public organisations in the country on the need to invest more in education.

He said the country has gone to a stage where education should be seen by all as a bedrock for national development, hence calls for the need to encourage participation in both basic and higher education.

He implored stakeholders in the private and public institutions in the country to rescue the nation from her present education backwardness as a matter of urgency, by establishing more universities.

Meanwhile, in his remarks, the Acting Vice Chancellor of the University, Professor Abdullateef Usman called for better funding of university education.

He said the country can only develop if proper attention is given by all towards the provision of quality education.

Prof. Usman called on government to further invest in education, saying doing this would save the country and as well serve as panacea to economic growth and development.

“Our governments must do more in educating citizens who are expected to pilot the future affairs of the nation.

“If we really want to develop capacity in quality education and churning out graduates equipped with required virtues, thus no stone must be left unturned in ensuring better and adequate funding.

“The governments are expected to do the needful by earmarking better funds to support education both in terms of academic infrastructures and finances”.

Prof. Usman congratulated the 128 graduating students, advised them to multiply the virtues acquired in the university as they go into the new world of challenges.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/01/forget-your-university-certificates-go.html

[on 1 condition....only if u nd ur family will leads us 2 d farm.....Nonsense ]
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by PDJT: 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Do you think Cocoa farmers and businessmen are illiterates or school dropouts?

Go to IITA and see for your self.

This is why always say Tinubu and Co are the worst thing to happen to ever happen to the SW.

No. They are Nigerian graduates and needs to recruit some of those file-carrying theory graduates roaming the streets up & down in SW.
Prior to that Oba of Lagoon statement, when I had business interest in Lagos, I use to see this suppose graduates and smh.
Many of them don't have any business being in town, let alone in a city.

Subsistence Farming should be the call of those lazy bones
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by Olowo1940: 2:29pm On Jan 16, 2017
nigerians leaders with failure agenda and public demotions, hw many farm produces has he brought to the market. May god deliver us from evil minority leaders
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by Geonigga(m): 2:30pm On Jan 16, 2017
This man sounds like one that is reasoning from the anus
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by porozhniy(m): 2:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
I can't work the land, but I'd like to rear cattle for milk and other associated products. We spend about $350m importing milk annually. Our local cattle breeds don't produce a lot of milk, importing even one exotic breed cost an arm and a leg.
Even these exotic breeds will not survive here if not properly managed.
These hopeless clowns will not build research facilities to cross breed these exotic breeds to produce something more adaptable to our environment and easy to manage.
They will not fund the existing research facilities to produce seeds with better performance.
Heck! We have not been able to replace wheat with the wildly cultivated cassava cos these exotic thieves aren't interested.
Yes, Agriculture is very lucrative...mechanised Agriculture, not the type advocated by our useless leaders.

1 Like

Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by 9jatatafo(m): 2:36pm On Jan 16, 2017
A man with an unfunctioning brain just spoke and pour out his awkward reasoning. He should tell this to his children to go into farming after university education.

1 Like

Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by buffalowings: 2:36pm On Jan 16, 2017
Useless
mofo

When you were recruiting graduates for o yes

It didn't occur to you you ought to give them land to farm instead abi

Baba hafusa...
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by Bowwow11(m): 2:37pm On Jan 16, 2017
Wel if dat is ur advise to all graduate is ok bt firstly u need to religuish ur mandate den cum join us in the farm just to show good example for others to follow or ar ur children farmer?
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by alaskido(m): 2:40pm On Jan 16, 2017
9jakohai:

Who is kabiru?

Kabiru is Aregbesola's first son.
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by nextstep(m): 2:42pm On Jan 16, 2017
While I agree that we should pay more attention to farming, it's rather disingenuous for him to tell people after they've studied for 4-6 years, paid school fees, that their entire effort was wasted.

Are we going to have a nation of farmers, without any skilled labor (no doctors, scientists, economists, etc).

They guy should use half of his salary as governor, to help secure loans for these graduates...
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by opribo(m): 2:46pm On Jan 16, 2017
Even though we know agriculture is one of the way out for the country yet we also know that these gang of politicians who have expired should retire back to the village to pave the way for young, healthy, educated and interlectually sound young Nigerians to manage things. It is only when they do that and proffer their advice from the village that we will take them serious.

For now we all want to be politicians, yes, let's also eat from the national cake. They cannot occupy positions they are not qualified for yet tell us to go and farm. Who is the fool?
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by grodt999: 2:49pm On Jan 16, 2017
Benita27:
Asking graduates to dump their certificate and go into farming is unedifying.

This is the type of mentality that makes black people like you the dumbest humans on the planet!

some of the richest people on earth are farmers.

There are countries that only export agriculture for revenue

Olodos like you will never learn!
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by sirskinny: 2:52pm On Jan 16, 2017
nyc1
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 16, 2017
grodt999:

This is the type of mentality that makes black people like you the dumbest humans on the planet!

some of the richest people on earth are farmers.

There are countries that only export agriculture for revenue

Olodos like you will never learn!
You must be incredibly stu.pid to think my comment was dumb.
It's one's choice to be a farmer, and we can't all be farmers or other sectors suffer.

Think carefully before mentioning me again.
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by grodt999: 2:55pm On Jan 16, 2017
Benita27:
You must be incredibly stu.pid to think my comment was dumb.
It's one's choice to be a farmer, and we can't all be farmers or other sectors suffer.

Think carefully before mentioning me again.

I repeat,
you are actually a monkey if you think I quoted wrongly.

The biggest problem of Nigeria is mentality and monkeys like you continue to spread very bad mentality!

People like you will never learn that the old primitive ways of thinking must stop for progress to enter that cesspit of a country!
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by godson4u79(m): 2:55pm On Jan 16, 2017
And now our leaders have changed the padlock so the key becomes useless

adedayoadedeji:
I am sure if most graduate knew this is how difficult it will be to get a job, they would have used the money spent to learn a trade and do something viable.

But like they say, "education is key"

1 Like

Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by habtund(f): 2:55pm On Jan 16, 2017
yeye man
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by OBAGADAFFI: 2:57pm On Jan 16, 2017
PDJT:

No. They are Nigerian graduates and needs to recruit some of those file-carrying theory graduates roaming the streets up & down in SW.
Prior to that Oba of Lagoon statement, when I had business interest in Lagos, I use to see this suppose graduates and smh.
Many of them don't have any business being in town, let alone in a city.

Subsistence Farming should be the call of those lazy bones

Most agro industries Jobs in Ogun and Oyo state requires Graduates.

Just visit Zartech and Obasanjo's farm.

Aregbe don't know what he is talking about.
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
grodt999:

I repeat,
you are actually a monkey if you think I quoted wrongly.

The biggest problem of Nigeria is mentality and monkeys like you continue to speard very bad mentality!

People like you will never learn that the old primitive ways of thinking must stop for progress to enter that cesspit of a country!
You're the idiot thinking primitively. grin
Why would i spend 4 or 6 years reading accounting or medicine with wasted resources just to go back into farming if it isn't something i have interest in?...why are these white collar job holders earning better than farmers?.

You could set an example of yourself and not involve others, with your fixed mindset.
#Ekpa!. grin
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by grodt999: 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Right, this is the mentality
You do not need to work for any agro companies, simply secure land and grow cash and food crops for both export and local markets.

The bl0ody chinese are already doing it using african lands and the stu pid africans who own the land are working for them as labourers!

When will you monkeys learn anything?

https://qz.com/788657/a-chinese-aid-project-for-rwandan-farmers-is-actually-more-of-a-gateway-for-chinese-businesses/

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/africa-in-focus/2015/11/05/what-do-we-know-about-the-chinese-land-grab-in-africa/
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by grodt999: 3:05pm On Jan 16, 2017
Benita27:
You're the idiot thinking primitively. grin
Why would i spend 4 or 6 years reading accounting or medicine with wasted resources just to go back into farming if it isn't something i have interest in?...why are these white collar job holders earning better than farmers?.

You could set an example of yourself and not involve others, with your fixed mindset.
#Ekpa!. grin

Of course if you are a monkey you won't understand what I am saying, it needs to be injected into your slave mentality skull.

Talking to apes like you is a waste of time, your responses says it all. you are a primate without the mental intelligence of any sort of thought process!

OLODO!
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by PDJT: 3:07pm On Jan 16, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

I think you're one of those "graduates", not to realise we are saying same thing.
The Ododowa man is saying [more] should join farming, I guess, order than carry certificate about.
As you can see they are already here attacking the man for his simple advice.
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by grodt999: 3:09pm On Jan 16, 2017
If you think your degree will make you more than farming try thinking like the Chinese in Africa

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1203582/chinese-businessmen-slow-exploit-potential-farming-africa

Nigerians are too stu pid and lazy to exploit farming
Chinese demand for African farm produce not being met so the Chinese are going to Africa to do the farming themselves while 1diots on this site are asking graduate to stay jobless in the cities!

stu pid blacks!!!
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by legibow: 3:10pm On Jan 16, 2017
Nigerians weren't expecting your advise, we don already go into handwork
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 16, 2017
grodt999:

Of course if you are a monkey you won't understand what I am saying, it needs to be injected into your slave mentality skull.

Talking to apes like you is a waste of time, your responses says it all. you are a primate without the mental intelligence of any sort of thought process!

OLODO!
You keep coming back with same trash.

Now!.

Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by OBAGADAFFI: 3:21pm On Jan 16, 2017
grodt999:

Right, this is the mentality
You do not need to work for any agro companies, simply secure land and grow cash and food crops for both export and local markets.

The bl0ody chinese are already doing it using african lands and the stu pid africans who own the land are working for them as labourers!

When will you monkeys learn anything?

https://qz.com/788657/a-chinese-aid-project-for-rwandan-farmers-is-actually-more-of-a-gateway-for-chinese-businesses/

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/africa-in-focus/2015/11/05/what-do-we-know-about-the-chinese-land-grab-in-africa/

And you think those Chinese experts are illiterates.

Do you know the technology behind Cash-crop farming?

Do you anything about Agriculture value chain.

You guys should research well before making comments
Re: Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 3:25pm On Jan 16, 2017
grin
Godprotectigbos:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ofonja people sef

form Ajimbola of oyo state to osun state

let me borrow oyo state daughter's words " generation of manner less people"
afterall he's the constituted authority grin
Godprotectigbos:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ofonja people sef

form Ajimbola of oyo state to osun state

let me borrow oyo state daughter's words " generation of manner less people"
afterall he's the constituted authority

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is Sick Between Buhari Supporters And Atiku Supporters? - Dele Momodu / Photos Of The Formal Declaration Of The Lagos4Lagos Movement For The PDP / 2015 Presidential Election Ballot Papers Found In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.