Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Vanguard Newspaper Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners' Chapel - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Vanguard Newspaper Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners' Chapel (39721 Views)

Coronavirus: List Of Items Donated By Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel To Ogun & Lagos / US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News / Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vanguard Newspaper Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners' Chapel by bewills(f): 11:59am On Jan 17, 2017
Information should be properly verified before publishing.

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Newspaper Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners' Chapel by dhesire(m): 1:16pm On Jan 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Absolutely NO

Ok o, no problems.
You mean you are of the opinion that Christians should stand arms akimbo and allow some people to alienate and eliminate them? Abi?
Re: Vanguard Newspaper Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners' Chapel by Seun(m): 2:16pm On Jan 17, 2017
tafrica:
The fact is that, you knew that thread had been on NL before,
I didn't. If I did, I would have admitted to it.

you capitalized on Nigerians' short memory and posted that thread,-
I'm a Nigerian too, so I guess I have a short memory and that explains everything.

knwoing it must have fully served its mission before people would call you out.
If I knew it was a 2015 story, I would still have featured the thread because the original thread didn't have the full info, but I would have indicated the date. The fact is that Bishop shouldn't have asked people to spill blood, whether he said it in 2015 or 2017. It was unChristian.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vanguard Newspaper Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners' Chapel by DangotePikin: 12:18am On Jan 20, 2017
Seun:

I didn't. If I did, I would have admitted to it.

I'm a Nigerian too, so I guess I have a short memory and that explains everything.

If I knew it was a 2015 story, I would still have featured the thread because the original thread didn't have the full info, but I would have indicated the date. The fact is that Bishop shouldn't have asked people to spill blood, whether he said it in 2015 or 2017. It was unChristian.

I have been observing your comments on Oyedepo-related threads for a while now, particularly because Nairaland is situated in Ota because I assumed you will have first hand information on what goes on there. Being an atheist, I expected you to be overly critical of the church but I was wrong, I noticed every of your comment on Oyedepo related threads are carefully orchestrated in such a way that they don't sound too negative compared to the way you criticise some other churches, eg. Christ Embassy. This has led me to certain logical conclusions. Its either:

1. You're scared of abusing Oyedepo/Winners threads too critically since Nairaland is located in Ota OR
2. Since Oyedepo is arguably the most criticised man of God on Nairaland, even to a higher level than Tb Joshua, you are probably soft on him because Nairalanders are already doing the job to an extreme level and you don't see the need to shoot what is already dead. OR
3. You really do have some respect for him as a clergyman (this is highly unlikely)
Re: Vanguard Newspaper Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners' Chapel by Number2(m): 9:18am On Jan 20, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
As a man of God!

Any problem?
there will be no problem until the day you stand before your creator... God never gave you the right to call any pastor to order....

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Newspaper Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners' Chapel by Number2(m): 9:20am On Jan 20, 2017
rusher14:

He is a mere mortal and does not determine anyone's destiny.

If he makes inflammatory statements he should be cautioned.
nonsense! cautioned by you or by God?

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Newspaper Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners' Chapel by BetaThings: 9:23am On Jan 22, 2017
shedybaba44:
Mr criticism

Name calling is one of the attributes of Christian

shedybaba44:
ever since you started criticising
I will like you to point to one post of mine criticising your leaders
I only pointed out that it does not make sense for you to criticise others

shedybaba44:
has it change the pastors from doing what they do best,
This will require me to criticise them which we don't do. We don't criticise the leaders of other religions
I will not comment

shedybaba44:
since when have you become God to judge people,
Many Christians who hardly open threads talk to about their religion in the general religion are permanently encamped in the Muslim section to criticise Islam

Children are naturally truthful and learn to lie gradually as they grow up
Christians are too fond of misrepresenting facts
Why do they teach you to lie so much?

I challenge you to show where I have been judging and criticising your pastors?
shedybaba44:
the more you criticize the more they grow in grace, wisdom,wealth and Population in their various church
And since I have not been criticising them, they have not been growing

shedybaba44:
mind your business and let God be the judge
Christians say thou shall not judge
If this were true and given the judging of Muslims they do, I am not sure any Christian is left

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Newspaper Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners' Chapel by BetaThings: 9:49am On Jan 22, 2017
dayowunmi:

I don't understand how his speech implies Christianity was a southern affair
A Southern Christian audience is asked rhetorically "Must the North continue to rule"?
"I will be surprised if the North is up to Lagos
"All Nortehrn forces are cursed"

dayowunmi:
and even if that was the case, are there more Christians in the South than the North?

Irrelevant if you we are to believe the original gentleman language you started with (jn your firs post about the video)

dayowunmi:
How is jungle justice not acceptable for boko haram?
Looks don't confirm Boko Haram? How do you avoid kiling innocent people
Or is it the Crusades again and you and don't mind if innocent blood is spilled

dayowunmi:
How many of them has been arrested and successfully prosecuted in the past. No be the northern politicians dey eventually collect their bail?
The guy who killed the deeper life pastors wife in Kano, hasn't he been released? Yinusa the pedophile hasn't he been released? It doesn't take rocket science to understand that crimes against Christians are hardly prosecuted!
The guys who killed, roasted and ate Muslims who had gone to the praying ground in Jos and proudly hung their heads on stakes, have they been arrested and prosecuted

dayowunmi:
The bombers being caught by Jtf aren't they being shot at sight, so what's the hullabaloo?
The "Hullabaloo" is that you Christians have always pretended to love law and order
If Christians want to become "Kill and Go", go ahead

[quote author=dayowunmi post=52878878]
As per whether he can control the rain or not, i have nothing to say to that end.
I don't know how he implies that the moslems killed are the same with boko haram. You seems to read excessive meaning into things.
We know the venue, the audience and what he devoted the sermon to
We know he spoke about Saudi Arabia and Sudan
There is no need to read meaning
The message is clear

2 Likes

Re: Vanguard Newspaper Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners' Chapel by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
BetaThings:

Name calling is one of the attributes of Christian

I will like you to point to one post of mine criticising your leaders
I only pointed out that it does not make sense for you to criticise others

This will require me to criticise them which we don't do. We don't criticise the leaders of other religions
I will not comment

Many Christians who hardly open threads talk to about their religion in the general religion are permanently encamped in the Muslim section to criticise Islam

Children are naturally truthful and learn to lie gradually as they grow up
Christians are too fond of misrepresenting facts
Why do they teach you to lie so much?

I challenge you to show where I have been judging and criticising your pastors?

And since I have not been criticising them, they have not been growing

Christians say thou shall not judge
If this were true and given the judging of Muslims they do, I am not sure any Christian is left
i never knew you are a Muslim If I knew I wouldn't have waste my time arguing with you because my comments where for Xtian why will I spend my time arguing with you of what use will it be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Prayer Mountain (ori-oke) Can One Go For Serious Prayers & Deliverance? / Divine Shadow Church Benue Burnt Over Missing Manhoods / Couple Turn Their Wedding Reception Into Prayer Crusade In Anambra (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.