Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,202 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Top 5 Hidden Power Saving Features On Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 5 Hidden Power Saving Features On Android (1743 Views)

5 Hidden Tricks You Never Knew Your Android Phone Can Do / How To Activate Intelligent Power Saving Mode On The Pouvior 3 / 8 Stunning Features On The Tecno Spark 3 Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Hidden Power Saving Features On Android by braintext(m): 10:41pm On Jan 16, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DevnV5R9bKo

Hey guys,
Today I'll be sharing with you the 5 battery power saving Features on Android.
I'll advice you to watch the video as it's fully detailed.

1- Grayscale
Android has a built-in grayscale color option which is hidden far in the developer options of your phone which is also hidden in the settings of your phone.
Grayscale saves power by disabling other color panels and making use of only the grey and white panels
You can active it by going to SETTINGS--> DEVELOPER OPTIONS---> SIMULATE COLOR SPACE---> MONOCHROMACY

2- Built-in Task Killer

This is another feature that is buried far inside the developer options section.
It helps you limit background processes by killing them immediately after you exit the app or limit them to a few processes which helps save battery as no/less background app will be consuming them.
SETTINGS--> DEVELOPER OPTIONS---> APPS

3- GSM/2G Mode
I know that must of us don't use 2G anymore but it is one of the most battery friendly network mode as it 2G is readily available all through the country. It's very good if you don't have any heavy work to do on the internet.
It's not intentionally hidden and it's not also easy to locate.
SETTINGS---> MOBILE NETWORKS---> NETWORK MODE

4- Airplane Mode
I know you'll be wondering how this is an hidden feature as you see it Everytime you press and hold the power button for a few seconds. Well it might be there Everytime you press the power button but do you use it??
I bet you don't which makes it's function hidden to you.
Well it turns off all connectivity features on your phone until you turn off the mode. This is very useful as connectivity features consume battery the most
Aside that, Ads won't appear in any app when you're in airplane mode smiley

5- Well watch the video to find out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DevnV5R9bKo

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Hidden Power Saving Features On Android by braintext(m): 6:31pm On Jan 18, 2017
@honsule @dragnet @puskin

Re: Top 5 Hidden Power Saving Features On Android by NCP: 7:02pm On Jan 18, 2017
Thanks.
Re: Top 5 Hidden Power Saving Features On Android by faruz: 7:15pm On Jan 18, 2017
Booked
Re: Top 5 Hidden Power Saving Features On Android by braintext(m): 8:05pm On Jan 18, 2017
NCP:
Thanks.
Checked out the video yet?
Re: Top 5 Hidden Power Saving Features On Android by NCP: 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
braintext:

Checked out the video yet?

Yea. Nice video.

l do use the Grayscale mode when am in extreme conditions like no power in my area for days.

Try explaining each of the Colour modes not just the gray scale mode alone.

Lest l forget, post steps on how to enable Android Developer mode/features for those who may need it.
Re: Top 5 Hidden Power Saving Features On Android by braintext(m): 8:33pm On Jan 18, 2017
NCP:

Yea. Nice video.

l do use the Grayscale mode when am in extreme conditions like no power in my area for days.

Try explaining each of the Colour modes not just the gray scale mode alone.

Lest l forget, post steps on how to enable Android Developer mode/features for those who may need it.

Thanks

Ok i will but not in this post,
I need some views on that video that's why i didn't post the steps here but it's there in the video wink
Re: Top 5 Hidden Power Saving Features On Android by NCP: 8:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
braintext:

Thanks

Ok i will but not in this post,
I need some views on that video that's why i didn't post the steps here but it's there in the video wink

I downloaded the video.
Re: Top 5 Hidden Power Saving Features On Android by Dandsome: 9:06pm On Jan 18, 2017
Nice info, this will help me enjoy my new tecno phone
Re: Top 5 Hidden Power Saving Features On Android by braintext(m): 10:52am On Jan 19, 2017
NCP:

I downloaded the video.
angry
Re: Top 5 Hidden Power Saving Features On Android by shiftback: 1:11pm On Jan 19, 2017
Grey scale can only save power on AMOLEDS.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Hidden Power Saving Features On Android by braintext(m): 11:14pm On Jan 19, 2017
shiftback:
Grey scale can only save power on AMOLEDS.

Oh didn't know
Re: Top 5 Hidden Power Saving Features On Android by braintext(m): 11:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
Dandsome:
Nice info, this will help me enjoy my new tecno phone

Works better if you combine them

(1) (Reply)

Glo Internet Network Speed Has Tremendously Improved, Have You Notice That? / Iphone X Specifications And Price In Kenya,nigeria & Ghana / Priceurb: Gionee M7 With 6GB RAM And Amigo 5.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.