Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise (5972 Views)

Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) / Fidelity Bank Workers Protest Over Non Payment Of Salaries / Sacked 900 Dangote Workers Protest Non-Payment Of Benefits In Lagos (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by hamzakito(m): 12:51am On Jan 17, 2017
Workers of the Kogi State government have reportedly embarked on a protest in the capital following the release of the results of the ghost workers screening exercise.

According to a report by Tribune, the workers protested the results of the screening exercise which the Kogi State Government embarked upon last year on Monday, January 16, 2017.

It was further reported that the protest erupted after some workers of the Lokoja local government area expressed dissatisfaction and anger for being screened out.

The protest, it was also reported has created palpable fear and anxiety in the other 20 local government areas as workers await the result of cleared workers.

Trouble started at the Lokoja local government area secretariat in the morning when some staff members that resumed for duty discovered that the list of those that were successful and unsuccessful at the screening had been pasted on the wall of one of the offices.

Protesting workers, who were prevented from causing havoc by stern looking security operatives, claimed over 300 workers had been screened out and referred to as ghost workers by the state government.

The aggrieved workers reportedly marched to the state secretariat where they locked up the premises, made bonfires and kept chanting various anti government songs while making human and vehicular movement impossible in the area.

The protest reportedly disturbed free flow of traffic but remained peaceful as the presence of the combined team of the men of the regular police, the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS), the Department of State Security (DSS) and the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) did not allow the protest to go violent.

Link:- http://kogireports.com/workers-protest-report-of-kogi-ghost-screening-exercise/
Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by respect80(m): 12:54am On Jan 17, 2017
Hmm governors! Demons everywhere

1 Like

Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by respect80(m): 12:54am On Jan 17, 2017
Hmm governors! Demons everywhere

1 Like

Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by Onyi4live(m): 2:00am On Jan 17, 2017
Ghost workers

How come their system were able to detect this ghost

Ooh computers are ghost too

But seriously i have empathy for the affected workers. It's not the end of the world sha

1 Like

Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by kogistar: 7:04am On Jan 17, 2017
YEYE BELLO

1 Like

Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by salabscholar01(m): 7:05am On Jan 17, 2017
bello is moved with just an ambition to be governor, but not vision. I don't question his exercise though... but what about the non-ghosts workers that have not been paid for the past some months now? the retired officials and innocent workers?

the youth are the most clueless in government than I think and Bello has proved his dumb head as one.

2 Likes

Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by abdul4new(m): 7:07am On Jan 17, 2017
Ghost workers and civil servants are like bread and butter it can not be totally eradicated but reduce to the minimum.

2 Likes

Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by crownedprinz(m): 7:28am On Jan 17, 2017
Its even good for them...what the dominant tribe did to kogi when their person was there wasn't funny***they fixed in lots and lots of incompetent workers and even ghost workers
Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by barrybanbi: 7:31am On Jan 17, 2017
Ok, soon to b replace by another set of ghost workers

Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by sakalisis(m): 7:36am On Jan 17, 2017
Hmm
Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by Vickysnipe147(m): 7:39am On Jan 17, 2017
Everybody here is blaming the governor but truth be told, there are so many ghost workers in Kogi state.... I did my NYSC at one of the Kogi state LGA as CLO and u don't see people come to work except when they want to pay. I was around when they initiated this screening and
I saw the crowed that came for the screening and the secretariat was packed full. many of the workers stay at Abuja, Lagos and so many other places while the DPM had his own list of employees, they use their name to embezzle money. I even saw one woman that the LGA schedule officer told me that she hasn't come to work for over 2 years and her office was close to mine. so don't blame the Governor because I support him on this one.

5 Likes

Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by uvalued(m): 7:45am On Jan 17, 2017
respect80:
Hmm governors!
Demons everywhere
govnors demons.. must be casted out
Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by utenwuson: 8:00am On Jan 17, 2017
Vickysnipe147:
Everybody here is blaming the governor but truth be told, there are so many ghost workers in Kogi state.... I did my NYSC at one of the Kogi state LGA as CLO and u don't see people come to work except when they want to pay. I was around when they initiated this screening and
I saw the crowed that came for the screening and the secretariat was packed full. many of the workers stay at Abuja, Lagos and so many other places while the DPM had his own list of employees, they use their name to embezzle money. I even saw one woman that the LGA schedule officer told me that she hasn't come to work for over 2 years and her office was close to mine. so don't blame the Governor because I support him on this one.
what was ur schedule in the local government secretariat? u c? the local groups was meant to employ people to curb poverty, no reasonable work can go on in either the local government, state or even federal agencies but it's source of living, 20. percent of government workforce can do d whole job but the government needs to employ more, I served in federal ministry of works n was redundant 4 d whole year cos no tangible assignment to carry out same wt the staff on the payrolls, so u re referring they should be all sacked? wait ask ursef ds question! what tangible work schedule is there @ d local government level to carry out apart from finance offices? the new governor in kogi state don't know a thing call politics

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by samsard(m): 8:19am On Jan 17, 2017
utenwuson:
what was ur schedule in the local government secretariat? u c? the local groups was meant to employ people to curb poverty, no reasonable work can go on in either the local government, state or even federal agencies but it's source of living, 20. percent of government workforce can do d whole job but the government needs to employ more, I served in federal ministry of works n was redundant 4 d whole year cos no tangible assignment to carry out same wt the staff on the payrolls, so u re referring they should be all sacked? wait ask ursef ds question! what tangible work schedule is there @ d local government level to carry out apart from finance offices? the new governor in kogi state don't know a thing call politics
This kind of attitude is why Nigeria is still where it is. Paying people for being unproductive.

3 Likes

Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by MrPetex(m): 8:33am On Jan 17, 2017
hmmm
Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 17, 2017
FilesUpdator:

Rush now to 30daysgroup.com to register for the hottest mmm-like scheme.

You this people, you have come again!

Please, better stop promoting these kind of things. Money can be earned honestly....not by taking other people's money in the name of investment.
Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by tayo4ng(m): 9:02am On Jan 17, 2017
This is a good one from the governor, I have a friend who work in Lagos and still earn salary in kogi state, what I love most about the governor is the system he adopted by paying local government workers directly from the state, No more allocation of certain amount to local government's were certain group of God father's we take their own shear's first before deliberating on the percentage of the amount that we be paid to the workers that are doing the job.

2 Likes

Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by hamzakito(m): 9:21am On Jan 17, 2017
Vickysnipe147:
Not that no one is supporting him on the screening but how can a governor be doing screening for one full year without completion?? I heard that the screening commitee are collecting ten thousand per day, how do u think the screening will end?? Pple that scale through the first screening they did around november their name now fell back to unclear list yesterday mrnin. Even pple that went to complain around that november they told some that their error was bvn number and they gave the screening commitee member their bvn still their name appeared on uncleared list yesterday. Who ar the pple manipulating the screening list or his he the one purposely doing this to save money for his second term We kogites are tired...

1 Like

Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by hamzakito(m): 9:26am On Jan 17, 2017
tayo4ng:
This is a good one from the governor, I have a friend who work in Lagos and still earn salary in kogi state, what I love most about the governor is the system he adopted by paying local government workers directly from the state, No more allocation of certain amount to local government's were certain group of God father's we take their own shear's first before deliberating on the percentage of the amount that we be paid to the workers that are doing the job.

Their are set of pple like that but the governor spend alot and he his saying he dont hav money to pay more workers.. Their workers i know they started work since 1999 and their name appeared on the uncleared list the first time they went to complain and their error was corrected and they still appear on uncleared list thats the one they released yesterday mrnin. Pple that was even cleared since that hav been collecting salary since, most of them appeared on the uncleared list yesterday.. Now who are the cleared workers??

1 Like

Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by respect80(m): 9:46am On Jan 17, 2017
uvalued:

govnors demons.. must be casted out
I swear cos the issue of not paying workers may soon be signed in to bill officially
Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by tng(f): 10:15am On Jan 17, 2017
tayo4ng:

And your friend is probably still earning salary in Kogi state because the "screening" has been very shoddy. People that were earlier cleared and paid have re-appeared on the "uncleared" list. How? The ghost worker phenomenon is not peculiar to Kogi state and while it is commendable that he is trying to flush the system, he has done a very bad job of it.
Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by LastProphet: 11:28am On Jan 17, 2017
many of my relatives working in abuja are on idah local govt payroll, my friend's sister staying in the uk also draws salary from the local govt for more than 10yrs. kogi is a hopeless case as long as we igalas continue to monopolize the leadership. Yaya Bello is able to catch them because he is more experienced in stealing govt money than all these small time crooks. as for vision or even the IQ to run the state Yaya does not even pretend to have it
Re: Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise by utenwuson: 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2017
samsard:
This kind of attitude is why Nigeria is still where it is. Paying people for being unproductive.
so people's should be sacked? is the governor himself productive? u haven't answered my earlier questions on "ur schedule for d whole year u served"!! advise buhari n all agencies to sack cos most of the work in civil service is nonn productive

(1) (Reply)

Teachers Forum / Picture Of Security Guard Sleeping On Duty! / Building A Career In Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.