Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas (11735 Views)

Price Of Cooking Gas, Diesel, Kerosene Increased In October – NBS / Lagosians Groan As Price Of Cooking Gas Hits N4,500 / FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by sarrki(m): 1:19am On Jan 17, 2017
The Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas Limited (NLNG) said it has started the supply of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), commonly called cooking, to Lagos to ease its shortage and attendant high prices.

The firm in a statement endorsed by its General Manager, External Relations, Kudo Eresia-Eke said NLNG’s LPG vessel successfully discharged 13,000 tonnes of LPG to Lagos jetty at the weekend. He added that the vessel is scheduled to return to NLNG’s facility in Bonny to reload the product.

“NLNG continues its efforts to ensure adequate supply and price stability to the market,” he added. Nigeria LNG is the sole local supplier of the cooking gas to the domestic market. LPG marketers complement such supply with imported LPG from the neigbouring countries such as Niger Republic.

Meanwhile, the West Africa Gas Ltd (WAGL), a joint venture firm of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and Sahara Energy will today, unveil two LPG vessels in Ulsan, South Korea that would  be game changer in the LPG supply network.

It raised the hope that the supply logjam that impedes stable availability of the product would soon become history.

Its Group Managing Director, DrMaikantiBaru, who spoke at a Pre-Naming Ceremony Dinner yesterday in Ulsan, South Korea, said he was delighted that the venture which was established in 2014 had started to record success even within a short span.

NNPC Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division, Mr. NduUghamadu, who disclosed this in a statement, noted that Baru said the milestone was a boost LPG business in Nigeria.

As it is customary, ships are named by the spouses of the sponsors, often referred to as “godmother of the vessels”.

In this case, spouses of the GMD and COO Gas & Power will perform the naming ceremony.

http://thenationonlineng.net/nlng-floods-lagos-13000-tonnes-cooking-gas/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by BlackMystery(f): 1:43am On Jan 17, 2017
Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by Onyi4live(m): 1:50am On Jan 17, 2017
Any price of commodity that goes up in Nigeria can never come down. I pray it won't be the case of cooking gas cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by sarrki(m): 2:18am On Jan 17, 2017
Onyi4live:
Any price of commodity that goes up in Nigeria can never come down. I pray it won't be the case of cooking gas cheesy

You are right bro

10 Likes

Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by tit(f): 2:31am On Jan 17, 2017
Useless peoples, do they want to tell you they did not know the supply was finishing before?

Lie buhari,
Sango will kii you.

1 Like

Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by ayindejimmy(m): 3:05am On Jan 17, 2017
But Gas stations are still selling it for 5k
It'll take at least two week for the price to come down now.
Why must things get worst in Nigeria b4 the people in charge do something?

7 Likes

Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by stinggy(m): 5:42am On Jan 17, 2017
Oga sarrki, this space has been deliberately reserved for you to sing Buhari's praises to the high heavens as usual.

Please do not dissapoint me sir undecided

9 Likes

Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by stinggy(m): 5:48am On Jan 17, 2017
tit:
Useless peoples, do they want to tell you they did not know the supply was finishing before?
U dey mind dos fools? Maybe the stopped keeping stock records, this is Nigeria.
Wonder when we'll have proactive minds at the helms of affairs in this country.
Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by sarrki(m): 6:03am On Jan 17, 2017
stinggy:
Oga sarrki, this space has been deliberately reserved for you to sing Buhari's praises to the high heavens as usual.

Please do not dissapoint me sir undecided

grin morning bro

I am a patriot

I love my president unless he proves otherwise

I love my country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by TeleboiZ005(m): 6:11am On Jan 17, 2017
1Oth to comment!

ok!

Can u c me
Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by stinggy(m): 6:11am On Jan 17, 2017
sarrki:

grin morning bro

I am a patriot

I love my country
Patriot ke, is there a new meaning to that word ni? cheesy
Blind support isn't patriotism baba, there's a huge difference!
I know if Buhari sleeps with you wife you'll still support him in your spirit of patriotism grin

Good morning sir. Have a patriotic day ahead.

12 Likes

Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by MrGreenMavro: 6:12am On Jan 17, 2017
hmm
Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by DaudaAbu(m): 6:17am On Jan 17, 2017
With all the gas we are flaring we still hav to pay through the nose to use gas?

They encourage people to use gas and dicourage firewood yet getting the gas is hardship on its own

2 Likes

Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by Pavore9: 6:19am On Jan 17, 2017
Why wait till it got to that level before supplying!
Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 17, 2017
Dem don do another promise again
Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by ElectronicsGuy(m): 8:16am On Jan 17, 2017
With this gadget, you can use your pressing iron, electric kettle, boiling ring, hot plate, dryers, soldering iron, and other heating equipment on your generator, as small as the 650va I Better Pass My Neighbour Generator.
It does this as it generates its own power.
For prepaid meter users, using this gadget saves your electric bills up to 50%!
It can also be used on inverters
check my signature for contact
Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by BlindAngel: 8:18am On Jan 17, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by CXLVII: 8:22am On Jan 17, 2017
Na to dey carry flight enter Port-Harcourt go Bonny Island buy 25kg gas be that.
Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by BlueRayDick: 8:24am On Jan 17, 2017
After I refilled last weekend the small cylinder for 2,500 from 1,800 that it used to be....smh
Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by 5starmilitant: 8:24am On Jan 17, 2017
sarrki:

grin morning bro

I am a parrot

I love my country

My brother, you truly a parrot......

5 Likes

Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by Igbaba2: 8:25am On Jan 17, 2017
what is corelatn btw d kerosine i'm using and gas.....all i want is 50.00 per litre
Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by ikorodureporta: 8:30am On Jan 17, 2017
Whats the latest on kerosene?? (price in yr area?)

Meanwhile........

1 Like

Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by emoch(m): 8:39am On Jan 17, 2017
Let’s talk entrepreneurship - Learn the same skills that fetched me over 4 million naira in one year doing video editing on Fiverr. Whatsapp 08181311560 or visit www.fiverrsuccesscoach.com

See thread: https://www.nairaland.com/3536375/learn-same-skills-fetched-me

Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by Abdullateeflawal(m): 8:42am On Jan 17, 2017
Sai baba...
Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by Firefire(m): 9:03am On Jan 17, 2017
ayindejimmy:
But Gas stations are still selling it for 5k

It'll take at least two week for the price to come down now.

Why must things get worst in Nigeria b4 the people in charge do something?

My friend Jimmy... tongue

How are you enjoying the CHANGE ?

1 Like

Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by persius555(m): 9:11am On Jan 17, 2017
The scarcity was artificiality created in order to jack the price up. Now that this has been achieved, I doubt if there will be a corresponding drop in price. On gerian market is at the mercy of greedy corporations who connive with relevant agencies.

1 Like

Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by sayyid(m): 9:25am On Jan 17, 2017
it is only when things go bad in Nigeria before they proffer solutions why sit down and wait till things go bad in the first place?
Nigerians sha
Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by VampireeM(f): 9:26am On Jan 17, 2017
Anybody living in lekki and environs should purchase their cooking gas @ Techno Oil Ltd along Spar rd, Salem busstop. Their prices are the cheapest and complete KG guranteeed... Thats where i do get mine.
Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by FearFactor1: 9:58am On Jan 17, 2017
NLNG is located Rivers state. Why is cooking gas not dumped in rivers...

2 Likes

Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by ayindejimmy(m): 10:14am On Jan 17, 2017
Firefire:

My friend Jimmy... tongue
How are you enjoying the CHANGE ?
I'm highly dissapointed in APC!
Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by ayindejimmy(m): 10:17am On Jan 17, 2017
VampireeM:
Anybody living in lekki and environs should purchase their cooking gas @ Techno Oil Ltd along Spar rd, Salem busstop. Their prices are the cheapest and complete KG guranteeed... Thats where i do get mine.

Be specific, how much is 12kg?
Re: NLNG Floods Lagos With 13,000 Tonnes Of Cooking Gas by VampireeM(f): 10:26am On Jan 17, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Be specific, how much is 12kg?
12.5kg is N3800

(1) (2) (Reply)

Make Money Selling Molfix Diapers,it's One Of The Fastest Selling Product In Nig / GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. / The Naira And Its Misfortune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.