Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,996 members, 7,799,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? (2145 Views)

Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? / Seun, Nairaland, And Its Moderators / Seun Nairaland Needs Spiritual Cleansing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by RSA(m): 12:48pm On Nov 26, 2009
I mean ever since I signed,I have been addicted to this site.And looking at the number of people who are here,I know I'm not alone.I mean I don't think there is any other chanells where Nigerian,African,World politics are discussed or debated at lenght like Nairaland,I mean everything is put on the table here. grin

And Seun as the creater of this site,I would like to know if he takes part in debates or discussions on television or radio in Nigeria about Nigeria or other current issues of Nigeria? Is he popular in Nigeria? is he recognised in Nigeria?

I think this is the best forum in the whole of black Africa,and congratulation!

Seun means a boy in SA , Afrikaanse,what does it mean in Nigerian language?
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by paddylo1(m): 12:54pm On Nov 26, 2009
Seun means a boy in SA , Afrikaanse,what does it mean in Nigerian language?

i think it means thank u in yoruba,but i could be wrong

it also usually comes with a prefix, like ade-seun

as for his popularity in nigeria,i believe he might prefer himself to be low key

nigerians get passionate sometimes and u dont want them taking out their anger on him
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by snowdrops(m): 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2009
i wonder what he looks like
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 1:04pm On Nov 26, 2009
snowdrops:

i wonder what he looks like

Click on his name at the bottom of the site to see his pics.
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by muhsin(m): 1:06pm On Nov 26, 2009
I only and only know him by name; and up here. But I don't think he's popular especially here in the North.
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 1:22pm On Nov 26, 2009
that is because they dont have computers in the north grin

1 Like

Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by ReachRich(m): 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2009
Seun,how far?I go like meet u.How we go do am?
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 2:09pm On Nov 26, 2009
He's not popular offline either. He's an online celebrity.
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by bibiking1(m): 2:22pm On Nov 26, 2009
Seun's nairaland i believe is the perfect opium for our daily angst against the instability in the polity. The product obliterate the necessity of its creator so eventually there is a Nairaland well and truly adored and a seun relegated to the miniscule role of a prefix. Similar to Graham Bell's telephone or Alexandre Dumas Three Musketeer's.
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by emiwanlee(m): 4:34pm On Nov 26, 2009
just getting to know his name for the first time; hello seun
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by snowdrops(m): 5:49pm On Nov 26, 2009
afam4eva:

Click on his name at the bottom of the site to see his pics.
Clicked and no pics
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by onyengbu1(m): 6:27pm On Nov 26, 2009
snowdrops:

Clicked and no pics
Have you tried facebook?

His Full name is at the bottom of each nairaland page where it says he owns nairaland.
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by chosen04(f): 6:33pm On Nov 26, 2009
afam4eva:

He's not popular offline either. He's an online celebrity.

Celebrity?
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by AndreUweh(m): 8:56pm On Nov 26, 2009
Seun is a hero. He has made a mark and also made a name for himself. Yet, he is humble and very soft on some of his abusive moderators.
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by naliakar: 9:01pm On Nov 26, 2009
He is an achiever and a selfless one at that. Most Yorubas are.
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 26, 2009
He's not popular but he sure did a good work with this site. This is one of the best Forums in the world from the one's I've been.
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 26, 2009
The guy's rich. Nairaland's Africa No1 site rakin in Adsense profits by d secs. So he's not popular cos he doesnt showoff? C'mon give d guy a break
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by AndreUweh(m): 9:29pm On Nov 26, 2009
naliakar:

Do not go there. Even Seun sees himself just as a Nigerian.
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by Parohfrey(f): 9:34pm On Nov 26, 2009
Rigeria is a country with a population of over 120million, that is, 120,000,000. NairaLand has only a membership of 433,248, if you take an estimated 30,000 members as duplicated registration and members who are no more active, thenj you will have say 400,000 members. So, what effect can 400,000 online Nigerians have to bear on Nigeria? half of which are not even in Nigeria?

So, dont over hype NairaLand or begin to think it is the voice of an average Nigerian, it is not, because for me and for many people, it is just a medium to read crap, junk and a medium to go on when you are bored.
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 1:12am On Nov 27, 2009
^^^Have you factored in the number of people who are not registered but just read comments
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by Singular: 12:49am On Nov 30, 2009
Also factor in the fact that members of nairaland are not allowed to close their accounts and by so doing simply increase the number of 'members' on the site.
The number of people that register simply to ask about Jamb or admission to university or visa requirements then leave to never return?
If everyone comes clean about the number of IDs they have ul be surprised that there are only 150 regular visitors to nairaland, operating like 50 accounts each apart from those who were banned, or simply forgot were created.
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by puskin: 1:48am On Nov 30, 2009
Is the topic about how popular NL is or how popular Seun is? undecided undecided
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by Singular: 3:12am On Nov 30, 2009
f3ck you!!
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by davidif: 7:07am On Nov 30, 2009
Singular:

Also factor in the fact that members of nairaland are not allowed to close their accounts and by so doing simply increase the number of 'members' on the site.
The number of people that register simply to ask about Jamb or admission to university or visa requirements then leave to never return?
If everyone comes clean about the number of IDs they have ul be surprised that there are only 150 regular visitors to nairaland, operating like 50 accounts each apart from those who were banned, or simply forgot were created.

What a revelation. I saw that nairaland had over 422,000 members and iwas like how the heck is it that i always see the same people time and time again.

RSA
Seun is not a celebrity at all in naija, just an online personality.
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 7:11am On Nov 30, 2009
for example becomrich and mekusxx, they are what people term abiku, they never die. Ban the a thousand times, and they would make a 1000 more accounts
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 30, 2009
Seun doesnt really need to be popular but if nL can maintain this trend of popularity,then its ok.,"yahoo" is the most popular website but how many people know the owner,,abeg make una free this man
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by nex(m): 10:41am On Nov 30, 2009
This is the problem with Africans, we want to celebrate and worship individuals rather than organizations.

Rather than appreciate a government administration, we'll pick out Yar'Adua and make him God and that is when he starts dictating.

Rather than appreciate the achievements of NAFDAC, we'd rather single out Dora Akunyili and make her a messiah and that's when she'll let us down.

So what should we do with Seun? Pull him out of Nairaland and lick his toes? Nairaland is doing great and that's fair enough. But if you'd like to advice him on improving the site, you can add him on Yahoo Messenger.
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by banom(m): 11:05am On Nov 30, 2009
@ poster,
See Seun's picture.

Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by Singular: 11:10am On Nov 30, 2009
nex:

We want to celebrate and worship individuals rather than organizations.

Rather than appreciate a government administration, we'll pick out Yar'Adua and make him God and that is when he starts dictating.

Rather than appreciate the achievements of NAFDAC, we'd rather single out Dora Akunyili and make her a messiah and that's when she'll let us down.

So what should we do with Seun? Pull him out of Nairaland and lick his toes? Nairaland is doing great and that's fair enough. But if you'd like to advice him on improving the site, you can add him on Yahoo Messenger.

This is good.
We dont need to generalise about being African or whatever. Just state the facts.
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by RSA(m): 11:27am On Nov 30, 2009
I think when I was asking about Seun's popularity I was not refering to him being a celebrity,but I wanted to know if he is featured in current topics in your country.Like if there is a round discussions on politics,sports,entertainment or just general issues.I mean he run one of the mouth piece of Nigerian society.

But I gather that he's just an IT guy who's job is just to make sure that this site runs smoothly.
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 12:32pm On Nov 30, 2009
naliakar:

What have you acvheived personally.
Re: How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? by faoni572(m): 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2009
RSA:

I think when I was asking about Seun's popularity I was not refering to him being a celebrity,but I wanted to know if he is featured in current topics in your country.Like if there is a round discussions on politics,sports,entertainment or just general issues.I mean he run one of the mouth piece of Nigerian society.

But I gather that he's just an IT guy who's job is just to make sure that this site runs smoothly.

I think you have answered the question yourself, Seun is not so popular in Nigeria but I think with time and with way nairaland is going, he may soon popular.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which One Do You Wish To Achieve Before The End Of This YEAR? / Is Milking The Most Pointless Internet Craze Yet? Students Filmed Wasting Milk / A Message From Akin Alabi ( How Much Does Linda Ikeji Earn From Her )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.