Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Am Thinking Of Filing A Court Case Against My Employer. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Am Thinking Of Filing A Court Case Against My Employer. (733 Views)

What To Do When You Get Ghosted By A Potential Employer / Lady Writes To Her “Brutal” Employer Shortly After Securing The Job (Photo) / Vacancy For Archiving And Filing Officer (Abuja) At SFH, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Thinking Of Filing A Court Case Against My Employer. by Onoshad: 12:37pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hi Nairalanders, pls i need your candid advice on this this issue cos now, am thinking of filing a defamation case against my employer. I was served a 2 weeks suspension note yesterday and when i tried to ask what i did wrong, the director of the company i work for wrongly accused me of theft which i have no idea of. I was so pissed that i had to resigned from my post.
This morning, i got a call from my manager that the issue had been cleared, that no money was missing. I don't know whether to sue this company for defamation in which they will have to pay some amount of money in damages or i should just forget this matter and let a dog rest. But am seriously pained about this wrong accusation.
Re: Am Thinking Of Filing A Court Case Against My Employer. by wtfCode: 12:43pm On Jan 17, 2017
Just forgive him.
You wouldn't gain anything from sueing him.
Just let him understand that what he did to you is unfair n that he owes u an apology.

4 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Filing A Court Case Against My Employer. by delishpot: 12:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
OP, have you found another job yet? Did you ask for your job again or we're you offered your job back?
Re: Am Thinking Of Filing A Court Case Against My Employer. by tobey2ng(m): 1:06pm On Jan 17, 2017
Let the management/HR sign apology letter if possible
Re: Am Thinking Of Filing A Court Case Against My Employer. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 17, 2017
The CEO should apologize in writing and I believe he is sorry that is why the manager called you.
Re: Am Thinking Of Filing A Court Case Against My Employer. by Des5(m): 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2017
forgive and Forget, give your best you would soon be rewarded.
Re: Am Thinking Of Filing A Court Case Against My Employer. by Delphi(m): 6:04pm On Jan 17, 2017
Bro, you wouldn't have resigned. You would have been in active service with them in accomplishing your 'desire'. However, now, instruct your lawyer to write them demanding an apology letter within a time frame. This is necessary for posterity sake, whether you want to take the matter up legally or not.

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Needed / Office Assistant Needed / Wow!! A Co Working Space In Ogba , Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.