Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,363 members, 7,780,995 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:09 AM

NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma (12234 Views)

Secret Behind Making Money From Sports Betting / Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos / Looking For Advertising Professional For Sports Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by uche87(m): 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
A British-Nigerian sports journalist - Osasu Obayiuwana - currently in Gabon to cover the 2017 African Cup of Nations has revealed the disturbing reason behind the collapse of the sports sponsorship deal between Nigeria and German sports brand, Puma in 2015.

When the developing sporting deal between the Nigeria Football Federation and the German multinational company, Puma collapsed in April, 2015 during the negotiation stage, the reason was officially attributed to the leadership instability of the football regulating body.

Recent revelations by an international journalist and native of Edo State, Osasu Obayiuwana points at the weighty allegation that corrupt practices among top officials of the NFF could have collapsed the lucrative deal.

The sensitive information was revealed to Mr. Osasu by an unnamed Puma official he met in Gabon for the 2017 AFCON competition. According to the official, Puma was willing to partner with Nigeria but the business deal failed after some helmsmen of the NFF demanded for a whooping 50% of the sporting deal as kickback as against the ethics of the company.

It would be recalled that an official of the Nigeria Football Federation had revealed that Puma rejected to sponsor Nigeria's national teams before a deal with Nike was signed.

The NFF in April, 2015 sealed a three-year-deal with sports giant Nike after their contract with Adidas expired in December, 2014.

But the NFF marketing committee chairman, Emeka Inyama had revealed that Puma rejected the chance to become the kit sponsors of the country's national teams.

“Puma turned down the chance to sponsor the Eagles and so it is the right step in the right direction that Nike came in after the Adidas contract ended,” Inyama is quoted to say by the Nation Newspaper.

“Puma’s reluctance may not be far fetched because no reputable organisation wants to partner with you when your administration is not stable. You know the crisis we went through before now, the world is a global village and these things are known world wide.”

Read the exposing tweets of Mr. Osasu as posted earlier today, 17th of January, 2016 about the scandal:

Source: http://www.tori.ng/news/50873/nff-accused-of-demanding-50-bribe-from-sports-bran.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by pressplay411(m): 3:52pm On Jan 17, 2017
NFF. Forever Shameless.

Yay! Finally made FTC!
*Grabs Mic*

I want to first of us dedicate this life time achiefment to my entire community in the village grin

*Drops Mic on the person below me*
tongue grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 17, 2017
Looking at NFF like

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by Techhead(m): 4:40pm On Jan 17, 2017
Too bad
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by Defaramade(m): 4:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
I'm not surprised, that NFF ought to be probed by EFCC, very corrupt organization

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
Only way out in this country is for us to scrap football. It breeds too much corruption

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by jennifer22(f): 4:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hmm
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by adesammy1(m): 4:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
I almost gave it...I now remembered the consequences and because of that, I won't give it.
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by gabazin080(m): 4:43pm On Jan 17, 2017
with the corruption happening at the top, even the devil is a learner.

what do u expect wen the sports minister is one beret wearing cultist.

i just hope the money made from the deal with nike was "WELL SPENDED"

3 Likes

Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by fistonati(m): 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
they are used to it. every aspect of N in nigeria is corrupt including nairaland where they show us exposed b.....bs and snakes

2 Likes

Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by dfrost: 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
Kai. NFF angry. Well I'm not surprised. If the world's sporting body are engrossed in such, then this shouldn't come as a surprise.
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by Femich18(m): 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
This corruption of a tin ehen. We need to kill corruption before it kills us finally... May God help this country
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by Donshemzy1234: 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
Awon olobe
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by olaolulazio(m): 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
Change your change
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by Jesuspikin8: 4:45pm On Jan 17, 2017
We the fellow Nigerian fans don't even need any investigation to be carried to know if NFF is guilty or not undecided
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by SmartMugu: 4:45pm On Jan 17, 2017
Even the coaches have accused NFF of corruption, yet the government doesn't see any reason to replace the NFF boss and restructure NFF.
Old people making decisions for the entire nation with their old brains like everyone in the country thinks old like them.
What a country.
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by crownedprinz(m): 4:46pm On Jan 17, 2017
richees
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by PROVERBZ(m): 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
thank god man puma is ugly compared to Nike but god still strike those bad people
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by fistonati(m): 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
dont mention efcc oo becus PMB has interest. i know someone wil defend wrongly
Defaramade:
I'm not surprised, that NFF ought to be probed by EFCC, very corrupt organization
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by teamsynergy: 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2017
this country is a freaking joke.....imagine the last time we hosted nations cup was in 2000 wif Ghana... all we do is make noise about being gaint of Africa ...DAT nfl shud be dissolved, let FIFA ban us .......
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by Defaramade(m): 4:51pm On Jan 17, 2017
fistonati:
dont mention efcc oo becus PMB has interest. i know someone wil defend wrongly
I don't get you?
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by Realhommie(m): 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2017
The corruption in that NFF stinks to high heavens, that i know for sure...

#FantasticallyCorruptNation.
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by Fedayeen02: 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2017
Corruption everywhere with the phantom CHANGE in Power
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by OlujobaSamuel: 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2017
like nff like fifa, if swiss police and fbi can look into fifa books, why cant this stupid fifa allow laws of individual nation address corrupt act within their respective fa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by johnjay4u2u(m): 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
its not over
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by redcliff: 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
The owner of that twitter handle should be charged with adiing and abetting. I mean.. what is there to withold?
expose them make fresh story start

2 Likes

Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by Realhommie(m): 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
teamsynergy:
this country is a freaking joke.....imagine the last time we hosted nations cup was in 2000 wif Ghana... all we do is make noise about being of Africa ...DAT nfl shud be dissolved, let FIFA ban us .......
Infact ehn, I dey shame...

Since wey i be kid naim i don dey read about NFF issues until this moment they still haven't been able to get their acts right. Bunch of failed clowns at the helm..

1 Like

Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by goldfish80(m): 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
Nothing new here. Football administration in Nigeria is all about kick backs, under the table sweetners, scratch my back, I scratch tour back and bungs. That's how we roll.
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by mmsen: 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
Candycrusher:
Only way out in this country is for us to scrap football. It breeds too much corruption

One of the most senseless comments that I have ever seen on this board.

Rather than advocate for greater transparency your solution is to get rid of a sport that most Nigerians love. A sport that is a healthy past time as opposed to the religious shenanigans that Nigerians seem to love.
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by Realhommie(m): 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:
like nff like fifa, if swiss police and fbi can look into fifa books, why cant this stupid fifa allow laws of individual nation address corrupt act within their respective fa
I'm in total agreement with this..
Re: NFF Accused Of Demanding 50% Bribe From Sports Brand, Puma by Kakamorufu(m): 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2017
those people sabi disgrace us sha. bunch of fools

(1) (2) (Reply)

***REVEALED*** How I Play Accumulation Daily And Never Lose(confirmed) / My N100 Just Won Me 21k Today! / Onome Ebi Appreciates Her First Coach, Paul Okwudili Nnakwe (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.