Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,840 members, 7,806,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks (61000 Views)

Obituary Poster Of Chuks Okebata, Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed In Imo / Police Arrest Killers Of Chuks Okebata, Nigeria-Born American Soldier (Photo) / Burial Poster Of Chuks Okebata, U.S Army Veteran Kidnapped And Killed In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by abike12(f): 2:38am On Jan 18, 2017
hollowpot15684:
what I hate most that the family of a man do whenever their son is a victim of circumstance is this, they always want to blame his wife..
and this happens mostly in the Far East, I know vividly that not a single property of that man will land in that woman' s path.. they will blame her and even try to take away everything she ever has.. lipsrsealed Bullshit

At this point the property is the least of her problems. She's 32 and able bodied.

3 Likes

Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by Celsony: 2:49am On Jan 18, 2017
As for me, Not my concern though i learnt something that will still help me in my remaining sojourn on this earth
[/quote]

I like this part of your statement. #LessonLearnt

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by lastpage: 2:53am On Jan 18, 2017
ObiOmaMu:
Wife of murdered US army veteran Chuks Okebata who was killed by alleged assassins in Imo state has shared her own side of the story saying she didn't kill her husband.

This is coming after her sister in law shared heartbreaking videos of her threatening to get her husband jailed this morning that sparked an outrage and made many Nigerians think she has a hand in her husband's death.
Read her statement below:

My own side of the story
Amanda, I once came to you about my husband and his incessant abuse and cheating. Yes I am the wife of the man who was assassinated, and I am just distraught.

I do not even know where to start but it is only right I tell my own side of the story. I am innocent, God is my witness that I did not kill my husband or the evil that my husband’s family is portraying me to be, yes my sister in-law posted that video to make me look evil but the part she did not tell anybody was that I was calling the police to save me because he always beat me up and I was told to call the police whenever he started and that was exactly what I was doing, from the video you would see that I did not fight him or answered him.

Should I have allowed him to kill me?

We have been married for 13 years since I was 19, it has been beating upon beating, I have gone through surgeries because of beating he gave me. How can I kill my husband, we live together, till the day he left for Nigeria, I packed his things , how could I kill him. Who do I know to order a hit on the father of my children?

I have no interest in his properties as suggested after all we built every thing together. God knows I am innocent. I know who I am married to, he is a show off and he went to Nigeria and was going to club spraying dollars and showing off, revealing his locations . They want to pin my husband’s death on me, my husband was not assassinated.

He was kidnapped, because he is a military man he is always with a gun and when he shot to death one of the kidnappers,they shot him. Why is my family leaving out information about what happened and pinning it on me?

I never threatened him to kill him, I am a working woman with a paying job and have no reason to kill him because of properties . All I just want is peace to mourn and raise my children. You can confirm my story from those people in my home town.

My husband was careless in a country with high rate of crime and was kidnapped, if he had not shot one of the robbers all we would have been talking about is paying ransom not death. Why would I kill the father of my kids, why would I choose his death over a divorce if things were that bad.

I have two boys, who will help me raise them? I am completely innocent of all the allegations. I have endured all this years through his beating and cheating and I did not leave or kill him, why would I do it now? All I ask is that I am left to mourn in peace and the killers found and prosecuted.
See pictures of my husband spraying dollars at the club in Owerri.He even live streamed it showing his exact location

Nne biko help me
I’m an innocent victim here
I love my husband and I’m still in tears
I’m mourning him and people are accusing them wrongly.My children are crying daily.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/01/i-did-not-kill-my-husband-chuks.html

lalasticlala

I just cant stop reading and re-reading this write-Up!
Its so interesting and would make a good "Case Discussion" on a Class.

We have been married for 13 years since I was 19, it has been beating upon beating, I have gone through surgeries because of beating he gave me.

*he beats you everyday for the last thirteen years and you told us you have undergone surgeries because of his "wicked beatings" yet when he was travelling to Nigeria, You still packed his bags for him!

Let me see: That is to prove that you love him, right? But the Surgery and beating part does not fit into that lovey-dovey tale, not to mention that you were in the habit of calling Police for him (as advised) to come and remove him (or maybe to get him shot, as you claimed he has a gun!)

* When anyone predicates their innocence on their "witness being God" who is in heaven grin grin l always look at them using that Buahri slant of face! grin grin "I am innocent and God is my witness"!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She went further:

How can l "ORDER A HIT ON MY HUSBAND"?!
That is an "uncommon language" from a woman whose husband was killed by Kidnappers!
"Hits" are always from (Hired) Assassins and Cultists. Kidnappers dont "order hits", they "snatch" victims and then follow the usual 'Cat and Mouse' procedure. How did this woman come about all the "phrases' she has been using ? shocked shocked

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know who I am married to, he is a show off and he went to Nigeria and was going to club spraying dollars and showing off, revealing his locations . They want to pin my husband’s death on me, my husband was not assassinated.

Let me see again: For a woman who has just lost her husband, the man whose travelling back she packed when he was about to travel to his death, this kind of strong, condemning statements is very unusual! Why is she so defensive, to go as far as this level?
How/Why did she make such confirmatory statement (he was assassinated) when she was not even there nor the matter fully investigated nor did she have a police Report?
okay, the clubbing and Dollar part was to make it convincing that he was kidnapped because he showed-off money?
But that does not equal to assassination which is "when someone is killed just ti snuff life out of them, not for their belongings/money".

Assassination is purely for Punishment, by death.Simple.
So, in one place she claimed assassination and in another she claims death by misadventure due revenge by the kidnappers, for killing one of theirs! Where is the proof of such categorical statement?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And she goes again

My husband was careless in a country with high rate of crime and was kidnapped, if he had not shot one of the robbers all we would have been talking about is paying ransom not death. Why would I kill the father of my kids, why would I choose his death over a divorce if things were that bad.

Categorical statements again!
He was careless. He was kidnapped. he shot one of the "Robbers".

How does a woman who just lost her husband she claims she is in-love with (despite all the beatings of past 13yrs as she claimed) work so hard to destroy any hope of further investigation into his death?
She actually JUSTIFIED why the Kidnappers shot him! (She said he killed one of them! Yes, she saw everything or has a witness to the event but there is No picture of the "dead body" of a kidnapper anywhere)

From Assassination, to Kidnappers now it is "Robbers"? shocked

How did she come about all these 'categorical statements" which can only come from someone in the know, like the Police, Forensic Experts or someone who has done a thorough investigation and is armed with FACTS?

She actually blames him for shooting one of the "robbers". Question is how did she know he was even carrying a gun on himself at that moment (we are talking about Nigeria, not USA where carrying guns is legal and he is a "JJC" that has to pass through immigration and Custom, not some Fulani herdsmen! grin )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why would I kill the father of my kids, why would I choose his death over a divorce if things were that bad.
I never threatened him to kill him, I am a working woman with a paying job and have no reason to kill him because of properties . All I just want is peace to mourn and raise my children. You can confirm my story from those people in my home town.
I have no interest in his properties as suggested after all we built every thing together.
I have endured all this years through his beating and cheating and I did not leave or kill him, why would I do it now? All I ask is that I am left to mourn in peace and the killers found and prosecuted.
See pictures of my husband spraying dollars at the club in Owerri.He even live streamed it showing his exact location

First, she justified her not able or wanting to kill him by saying "things were not that bad".
But reading her statements, one would ask: How worse can things get? she said "should l have allowed him to kill me", meaning she thinks he is trying to kill her! So things are not bad, ehn? But you think he wants to kill you?

She said she has no interest in his properties but notice how she 'carefully chipped-it-in' by adding "after-all we both work for it"!
This woman is a cunning fox! She just gave herself an alibi while ensuring that she did not completely remove her "teeth" from his properties! grin

okay, she claims to have endured all these years of "beating and cheating" without divorcing him or killing him.
When you 911 the Police that a man (your husband) has a Gun and wants to kill you..... do you think you are telling them that you are "enduring" him or you are telling them "l want this murderer shot for trying to kill me"?
Dont forget she asked the question: Should l have allowed him to kill me?

Why would she do it now? very good question because she thinks she has eluded the "motive" question which is the crux of every criminal matter.
But here it is:

1.) You finally "packaged" him to a country where crime is rampant (her words). he gets killed there no one should bother investigate!
2.) You packed his Bag just to show you are innocent and still the loving wife (her words but her prior actions shows it is a ruse!)
3.) You ensured you got video streaming of him showing-off Dollars (But even that is not true) so you can pin it on armed robbers (money).
*You tried to use his "weakness" (I know my husband) as the motive for the murder (and you even purport to have a video evidence of him spraying Dollars) so as to deflect the searchlight from yourself
* You confirmed that even you (as everybody else), knew his EXACT LOCATION in Nigeria! So, it was easy to just relay it down. undecided
4.) You sold the world the stroy of him killing the kidnappers as a "motive' of them killing (not assassinating this time) him. But we all know dead bodies dont disappear and you have not show this one! tel us what happened this time that you cant show the picture of the Kidnapper he killed, the gun he used and the "ballistic" forensic report that tied the bullet to the gun
5.) You pretended you arenot interested in his properties but for someone whose 'loved' husband just died, you did not fail to draw attention to the fact that you both owned it! So, in actual fact, you are very interested in his properties! undecided
6.) Finally, if we collate all the efforts you have put into "distancing" yourself from this assassination (that is exactly what it is, a paid-for assassination), the video-link, the categorical statements, the packing of his bags prior to travel, the beatings and surgery story, the "it serves him right slant" to your story, e.t.c....... we must ask ourselves: Why are you already defending yourself, when the Police are yet to charge you for Ist Degree Murder?

Maybe you think the Police in Nigeria are so dumb (afterall, there is so much crime in Nigeria!), so slow and you are out of reach that you need to send them an invitation, with loads of ready-made alibi?

You try but you did not try at all.
Infact, you "out-tried" yourself ...and that is the bad part of all these stories, the part that would now start putting you in the "accused Box"!

Now, she wants to be left in peace so she can take care of her children!
Imagine the liver!
Lets wait and see sha.

Lastpage!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by linearity: 2:54am On Jan 18, 2017
kayzat:
That woman is a bad excuse of a wife . I watched the video where she was threatening her husband with arrest and jail if he fail to leave their house in 2 minutes ( The man said the house is his and he can't leave for her).

Which kind woman will send his husband out of his house even when the man did not make any attempt in touching her. I wonder where she want him to leave to.

She eventually call-in the cops to take his husband away in the presence of their children and her Sister.

I am not saying she killed her husband o but that woman is a real excuse of a bad wife. Imagine coming to Nigeria to marry and take you to America and you end sending me out of my house?

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1593378294022186&id=100000500938066&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1593378294022186%3Atl_objid.1593378294022186%3Athid.100000500938066%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1485935999%3A-8689672391110133677

Agreed, some ladies take advantages of the effective US Justice and enforcement system & policies.

But, you should understand the reason behind these policies. Anybody, even your kids have the rights to call the cops, if they feel threatened and unsafe in the US and it is a crime if you prevent them from calling or snatched the phone from them.

She is within her rights to call the cops, if she feel unsafe or if there is domestic abuse and once the cops arrives on a domestic abuse call, their policies is to separate them and let them stay apart for a while to cool off. This policy have prevented the situation from escalating further, leading to injuries or even death.

Usually, the cop gives both parties the option of who will volunteer to leave, but if kids are involved and it is the wife that called; it is more convenient to have the woman & the kids to stay and the guy walk away. The guy would usually go to the club, kool off and retire to a hotel to pass the night, the next, when emotions have settled down, they can then address their problems.

It is unfair to hold this against this lady. She did the right thing (and am a man).

Also, it will be difficult for her to arrange the assignation of her husband from the US. Note that, am not saying 'impossible'. The cops in Nigeria should do their job and as normal protocols, she should their number suspect until they can eliminate her as a suspect. Let them check phone records, if she is involved, the traces will be there to follow.

Warning to all Nigerians in diaspora, please do not go home and start 'showing off', be discreet, smart and watch your back constantly. The country is very hard and it take very little for people to fall into the temptation of causing you harm in order to put even one meal on the table for their families and with the high rate of unemployment, it means the the number of idle minds who will be susceptible to such temptation are just too many. The recession is biting hard, don't add insults to injury and go there to rob it in their faces.

4 Likes

Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by lastpage: 3:08am On Jan 18, 2017
ashala:

i pity people like you. May God have mercy on your soul

What do you expect from a Man-hater like her?
Just read all her posts and you will get the drift.

IGNORE BUTTON just got activated.

Lastpage!
Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by lastpage: 3:20am On Jan 18, 2017
linearity:

Agreed, some ladies take advantages of the effective US Justice and enforcement system & policies.

But, you should understand the reason behind these policies. Anybody, even your kids have the rights to call the cops, if they feel threatened and unsafe in the US and it is a crime if you prevent them from calling or snatched the phone from them.

She is within her rights to call the cops, if she feel unsafe or if there is domestic abuse and once the cops arrives on a domestic abuse call, their policies is to separate them and let them stay apart for a while to cool off. This policy have prevented the situation from escalating further, leading to injuries or even death.

Usually, the cop gives both parties the option of who will volunteer to leave, but if kids are involved and it is the wife that called; it is more convenient to have the woman & the kids to stay and the guy walk away. The guy would usually go to the club, kool off and retire to a hotel to pass the night, the next, when emotions have settled down, they can then address their problems.

It is unfair to hold this against this lady. She did the right thing (and am a man).

Also, it will be difficult for her to arrange the assignation of her husband from the US. Note that, am not saying 'impossible'. The cops in Nigeria should do their job and as normal protocols, she should their number suspect until they can eliminate her as a suspect. Let them check phone records, if she is involved, the traces will be there to follow.

Warning to all Nigerians in diaspora, please do not go home and start 'showing off', be discreet, smart and watch your back constantly. The country is very hard and it take very little for people to fall into the temptation of causing you harm in order to put even one meal on the table for their families and with the high rate of unemployment, it means the the number of idle minds who will be susceptible to such temptation are just too many. The recession is biting hard, don't add insults to injury and go there to rob it in their faces.

At the bolded:

if the Police come,
*called by the husband, Husband gets booted
*called by the wife, Husband gets booted
Called by the Neighbours, Husband gets booted
*Children not involved, Husband gets booted
*Children involved, Husband gets booted
*Husband Cheats, Husband gets booted
*Wife Cheats, Husband gets booted

Infact, whatever the situation, Husband gets booted grin grin

And he does not come back the next day as you claimed! Wifey would seize that opportunity to get an "interim order" that prevents him from re-entering the house while she process the substantive Barring Order!
Let us say things exactly as they are

That is the very definition of "Effective Justice System"! grin grin

Be that as it may, the Nigerian Senate got just about one single thing right: Abolishing that Man-hating Bill coined as EQUALITY BILL.
I am all for equality between Men and Women (Do unto ALL Men as you would do unto ALL Women) but to use "equality" as a cover-up for such sneaky man-hating Bill (result of which is now called effective Justice in the US! grin )....

I know they will try to bring it back again, through the back door!
But Nigerian Men are getting wiser now.... their Western counterparts are paying the price for their lack of foresight undecided

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by mavinc4u(f): 3:32am On Jan 18, 2017
kayzat:
That woman is a bad excuse of a wife . I watched the video where she was threatening her husband with arrest and jail if he fail to leave their house in 2 minutes ( The man said the house is his and he can't leave for her).

Which kind woman will send his husband out of his house even when the man did not make any attempt in touching her. I wonder where she want him to leave to.

She eventually call-in the cops to take his husband away in the presence of their children and her Sister.

I am not saying she killed her husband o but that woman is a real excuse of a bad wife. Imagine coming to Nigeria to marry and take you to America and you end sending me out of my house?

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1593378294022186&id=100000500938066&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1593378294022186%3Atl_objid.1593378294022186%3Athid.100000500938066%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1485935999%3A-8689672391110133677

I doubt you read the whole story. Go back and read it again but this time slowly. Thank me later.
Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by lastpage: 3:56am On Jan 18, 2017
Just seeing those children crying while their mother terrorises their father out of the Home has such a dangerous effect on the Children.
It is very sad that even the cries of her children could not soften her wicked heart (she went and draws the son away!)

The way she was boasting about it (I give you just two minutes to get out of this house, just two minutes) is an indication of the type of woman she is, not minding all these bull-story and character assassination she is putting on faceBook!

Does she, in that video, look like the loving wife who can pack her husband's travel-bag for a trip (except if it is a carefully planned "Kiss of Death, one-way" trip!)?
Does her actions in that video portray her as someone who loves her husband?
Is that woman in the video the same one asking "Why would l want to kill my husband"?

Really, this case is all coming together very fast.

But her nemesis, if she escapes "legal justice", will be those tow children that watched her send their father out of the house, while they were sobbing "Daddy, dont go"..... and his reply was "I dont want to go to jail, its your mother".

we think Children are forgetful but we are wrong... just that they remember in ways we least expect, when the time comes.
Just hope no one blames the Devil by then, because it's not Devil l saw in that Video, ....maybe l was wrong sha, l may have seen the Devil given someone an ultimatum to leave their home and children. undecided undecided

Lastpage!
Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by Celegbengz(m): 4:40am On Jan 18, 2017
" ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE "2PAC
Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by LecciGucci: 5:08am On Jan 18, 2017
malachytochukwu:
I can bet on that too. The man is a very careless and being a soldier he would probably want to display his tactics during the kidnapp

Exactly as per say AMERICAN MILLITARY TACTICS. Him no no say all these hood bois no get soul..may he rip tho.
But he could hav avoided this.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by mumels(m): 5:12am On Jan 18, 2017
pinkyruledworld:
and u think this makes sense? how I go struggle build house one woman go com send me out of the house? its wickedness. I dey tell people say if I wan marry my wife go sign book say she no dey carry my property go if we divorce bkos me sabi the kind man wey I be, some women are devlish tho.

Bros you even get time to dey type. For me o. I work hard and sweat in my blood. No woman, I repeat no woman on this planet earth can send me out of my house. The house I built risking my life.
Infact I can't even build any property in the name of my wife or any woman for that matter. No that I won't show her love Infact she will get more love than she can ever need on planet earth, but that's that. If she feels agrived about an issue make she go her mama house, if she can't reason with me as her husband and make me see and understand things the way she views it but she thinks the next thing is calling the cops lol she is on a long thing.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by edibless0(m): 5:27am On Jan 18, 2017
She actually killed her husband..........with all the screenshot the lady was not happy with him
Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by dinachi(m): 6:12am On Jan 18, 2017
ObiOmaMu:
Wife of murdered US army veteran Chuks Okebata who was killed by alleged assassins in Imo state has shared her own side of the story saying she didn't kill her husband.

This is coming after her sister in law shared heartbreaking videos of her threatening to get her husband jailed this morning that sparked an outrage and made many Nigerians think she has a hand in her husband's death.
Read her statement below:

My own side of the story
Amanda, I once came to you about my husband and his incessant abuse and cheating. Yes I am the wife of the man who was assassinated, and I am just distraught.

I do not even know where to start but it is only right I tell my own side of the story. I am innocent, God is my witness that I did not kill my husband or the evil that my husband’s family is portraying me to be, yes my sister in-law posted that video to make me look evil but the part she did not tell anybody was that I was calling the police to save me because he always beat me up and I was told to call the police whenever he started and that was exactly what I was doing, from the video you would see that I did not fight him or answered him.

We have been married for 13 years since I was 19, it has been beating upon beating, I have gone through surgeries because of beating he gave me. How can I kill my husband, we live together, till the day he left for Nigeria, I packed his things , how could I kill him. Who do I know to order a hit on the father of my children?

I have no interest in his properties as suggested after all we built every thing together. God knows I am innocent. I know who I am married to, he is a show off and he went to Nigeria and was going to club spraying dollars and showing off, revealing his locations . They want to pin my husband’s death on me, my husband was not assassinated.

He was kidnapped, because he is a military man he is always with a gun and when he shot to death one of the kidnappers,they shot him. Why is my family leaving out information about what happened and pinning it on me?

I have two boys, who will help me raise them? I am completely innocent of all the allegations. I have endured all this years through his beating and cheating and I did not leave or kill him, why would I do it now? All I ask is that I am left to mourn in peace and the killers found and prosecuted.

Nne biko help me
I’m an innocent victim here
I love my husband and I’m still in tears
I’m mourning him and people are accusing them wrongly.My children are crying daily.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/01/i-did-not-kill-my-husband-chuks.html

lalasticlala

How did she get such details of his murder if she had no hand in his death. How did she know it was a kidnap and not assassination? How did she know he had a gun on him particularly the moment he was killed? How did she know he shot dead one of the kidnappers and was killed in return? The only way she had these details is because she sent the assasins/kidnappers and they reported to her exactly what happened! She killed him! Now this is a lesson for those of you who call women angels. Trust them at your peril, believe them at your doom. Smart men do not trust women!

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by Lekkuzz: 6:34am On Jan 18, 2017
AngelicBeing:

It is not a crime to enjoy your money but doing that in Nigeria openly in the club with the state of insecurity, kidnappings, unresolved murders is not right, whenever l come to Nigeria, l go on a low profile, l am careful, cautious of where l go, l avoid hanging out nor clubbing, l try as much as l can to be discreet, l rarely sleep in my personal house , l do all this for my personal safety.

A guy arrived few years ago from Switzerland, was eating somewhere at Ikeja, robbers entered and shot him dead, safety, caution, low -profile, dont open up to anybody, watch your back, watch where you eat, where you hangout, watch, watch and watch your environment & surroundings is the key and above all be prayerful to God because safety is in the hands of the LORD but that does not rule out the fact that we have to play our path and be careful, Rip to the guy..
well said brother

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by Milaxx: 6:37am On Jan 18, 2017
She may not be the one that ordered the hit but one thing is sure, this man was killed because of her.

Her brother's ( if she have any)
And her ex boyfriend whom she wanted
To bring to the USA but the attempt was thwarted by the died husband, are
to be seriously investigated.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by Ajgal10(f): 6:57am On Jan 18, 2017
From the videos the Kids seemed to align with their Dad, the guy sounded soft to an extent. He might be cheating but it's obvious he had a wahala spouse. She was so commanding and looked and sounded very Dominating. She may not have killed him but her bad spirit led him to his death. A good woman's spirit can bring you good luck And a bad woman can give you Ill luck.

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by linearity: 7:29am On Jan 18, 2017
lastpage:

At the bolded:

if the Police come,
*called by the husband, Husband gets booted
*called by the wife, Husband gets booted
Called by the Neighbours, Husband gets booted
*Children not involved, Husband gets booted
*Children involved, Husband gets booted
*Husband Cheats, Husband gets booted
*Wife Cheats, Husband gets booted

Infact, whatever the situation, Husband gets booted grin grin

And he does not come back the next day as you claimed! Wifey would seize that opportunity to get an "interim order" that prevents him from re-entering the house while she process the substantive Barring Order!
Let us say things exactly as they are

That is the very definition of "Effective Justice System"! grin grin

Be that as it may, the Nigerian Senate got just about one single thing right: Abolishing that Man-hating Bill coined as EQUALITY BILL.
I am all for equality between Men and Women (Do unto ALL Men as you would do unto ALL Women) but to use "equality" as a cover-up for such sneaky man-hating Bill (result of which is now called effective Justice in the US! grin )....

I know they will try to bring it back again, through the back door!
But Nigerian Men are getting wiser now.... their Western counterparts are paying the price for their lack of foresight undecided

Lastpage!

I understand your position and the truth is, that is the prevailing position in the US. However, the COPs when called, usually try to determine the aggressor between both parties. They look for injuries and in almost all the cases, where injuries are on the men and not the woman and the man agree to press charges, the woman is taken to jail.

One of the many reasons, you do not see women aggressors going to jail is because, women more often than men are willing to press charges. Most men, will decline to press charges and volunteer to leave for the seek of their kids. However, most women will want to press charges or inform the COP that night, that they will press charges and later go and withdraw the charges or decline to testify against their husband and the case will die under it's own weight.

If there are no injuries, it becomes a judgement call.

Also, it is not true that the aggressor is not free to come back the next day, it usually depends on the circumstance. If the aggressor or one person volunteer to leave, they are free to come the next day. The COPs does not have any authority to order them to stay away from their home, in the above case; they volunteer to leave. However, if no one agrees to leave, the COPs have to determine who is the aggressor and take them to jail, where they will face a bail hearing the next count date and the Judge will have to determine, if they go back or not...Without the order of a Judge, the COP can not order you to stay away from your house period!

You will agree that, you are been stereotype in stating that, in 100% of the cases; the husband is the one that gets booted. A little google on US family law cases across the US, will reveal cases where ladies who have been deem less fit compare to their husband are given the boot and asked to pay child support to the husband.

The fact that, in most of the cases; women get to stay is in sync with men's nature...in that, most of us will prefer to be out there chasing after one challenge or adventure than to be responsible full-time 24/7, for the upkeep of my kids; most of us are okay with reasonable visitations and unhindered access to the kids and as such are unwilling to fight to the bitter end, when our rights are guaranteed, which many women usually agree to. The truth is, there are very few bitter separation fights to the very end, most are settled and usually with the guy agreeing to let the woman take the kid(s) in agreement to access to the kid(s).
Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by harrygold: 7:38am On Jan 18, 2017
thats what igbos do after the death of a kin all to claim guardianship of the children who are the next of kins and also claim all properties of the deceased
Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 18, 2017
alt3r3g0:

The mansion in the village and the infinity jeep is more than enough for them to kill themselves over.

If the woman is wise she shouldn't near Nigeria anytime soon, not for any mansion or jeep, not even for the burial. I know how overzealous this extended family people can be.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by monex(m): 9:35am On Jan 18, 2017
Nma27:
The woman looks like the dominant one in the video and not someone who endured years of beating. The man was reckless but then Rip to him.
my perspectives on info so far:

The man is a cheat whose recklessness ended his life. I dont think he was assassinated by his wife. his recklessness made him high risk. I agree the woman clearly is the dominant one. I also notice both sides (wife vs husband family) are trying to attract sympathy. The wife saying he beat her for 13 years and she has had multiple surgeries is likely false. At the time she was threatening him, i dont think there was likelihood of violence. The hawks (man's family and wife's family) are not helping matters. They seem to be interested in the man's estate.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by SavageGarden(m): 9:38am On Jan 18, 2017
Omudia11:
God has given you the wisdom of king Solomon. You are one of the few reasonable on here.

Salute!!

Thanks for your kind words sir. I appreciate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by Elle277(f): 9:48am On Jan 18, 2017
Never knew this version of story will emerge, thought it's hired assassin now its kidnap,even the man's way of life, internet is a place of fraud! Don't be too quick to judge what you read here..smh
Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by logica(m): 11:11am On Jan 18, 2017
henryhemon:

It's better to marry a Nigerian or African lady based oversea than marrying a Nigerian girl and take her oversea.
It is actually better to marry an Oyinbo or African American using your logic, if you think about it well. All African women abroad are overwhelmed by this new "power over the fate of men" that their transgressions are at another level.
Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by ephi123(f): 12:21pm On Jan 18, 2017
I watched the video of the wife asking him to leave. Very dysfunctional family, and it's even sadder that the kids had to experience the parents in that state. Very sad and unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by lielbree: 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
nwamehn:

If we get the real facts of the case, we will realise why the judge ordered the man to abandon the house to the wife and not because of anything divorce. It could be that the woman actually built the house and not the man, or that the man built the house in the woman's name and as such the house would be hers, it could be so many things. The law of sharing ur property equally with ur wife in the case of divorce is not in place in Nigeria at present, that law is part of the gender equality bill that the Senate struck out the other time, only the law of alimony is in place in Nigeria at present. So, if a man divorces his wife at present in Nigeria, the man only owes alimony and none of his properties would go to the lady. It can only change when the gender equality bill is passed.
I know the lady personally. The man built the house. He was ordered to provide accommodation for his kids.... hence she got the house he built. If the court can only provide alimony, where will the kids live??

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by lielbree: 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2017
lastpage:

When l here this kind of one-sided bullshyte, l just laugh! grin

I laugh because the proponents of such never tell us the "flip-side" of the story!

That is, what happens when it is the wife that Cheats?
Does the cheating wife get kicked out ........ or does she still kicks her husband out (when the cheating causes an uproar as likely)

Is it only the women that have "rights that can be enforced"?
Do the Men also deserve the SAME RIGHT as their female spouse"

And finally, does the law give them the liberty and freedom to enforce and enjoy such right, as granted the wife, under the same circumstance.

Just sit-back and think: How many men have successfully kicked their wives out, for Cheating on them in marriage? can you count them or are you saying Women are such Saints they dont cheat on their marriage? (Dont make me laugh because the reality will surely shock you! grin )

Unfortunately, men like you are the "greatest enemy, the weakest link and the Achilles heel" of men to enjoying EQUALITY with women, which is what you think yo are preaching!

Lastpage!
A law cannot only favour one gender. If a woman cheats she gets the same treatment. Are you aware that women pay alimony, spousal support and child support where she has a higher income?

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by nwamehn: 2:16pm On Jan 18, 2017
lielbree:

I know the lady personally. The man built the house. He was ordered to provide accommodation for his kids.... hence she got the house he built. If the court can only provide alimony, where will the kids live??

U see why I said that we need the real facts of the case? U are just furnishing us with these facts in question little by little, the man is providing accommodation for his kids even though it has been decided that the man and wife wouldn't be married again and as such cannot live together anymore, and as the court granted the woman custody of the children. It happens everyday, sometimes the man is asked to rent an apartment for them in the case the man has no place of his own. But fact is that the said house still belongs to the man (unless there is another truth under because we were not directly involved in the case) and he didn't abandon the house to the woman because they ar divorced, as done in the West. In the West, if a man and a woman divorce, the property is shared equally and the house they live in will turn out to be given to the woman if it's part of the woman's 50% share. But that law isn't in existence in Nigeria yet.
Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by nwamehn: 2:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
lielbree:

U see why I said that we need the real facts of the case? U are just furnishing us with these facts in question little by little, the man is providing accommodation for his kids even though it has been decided that the man and wife wouldn't be married again and as such cannot live together anymore, and as the court granted the woman custody of the children. It happens everyday, sometimes the man is asked to rent an apartment for them in the case the man has no place of his own. But fact is that the said house still belongs to the man (unless there is another truth under because we were not directly involved in the case) and he didn't abandon the house to the woman because they ar divorced, as done in the West. In the West, if a man and a woman divorce, the property is shared equally and the house they live in will turn out to be given to the woman if it's part of the woman's 50% share. But that law isn't in existence in Nigeria yet
Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by lielbree: 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2017
nwamehn:

U see why I said that we need the real facts of the case? U are just furnishing us with these facts in question little by little, the man is providing accommodation for his kids even though it has been decided that the man and wife wouldn't be married again and as such cannot live together anymore, and as the court granted the woman custody of the children. It happens everyday, sometimes the man is asked to rent an apartment for them in the case the man has no place of his own. But fact is that the said house still belongs to the man (unless there is another truth under because we were not directly involved in the case) and he didn't abandon the house to the woman because they ar divorced, as done in the West. In the West, if a man and a woman divorce, the property is shared equally and the house they live in will turn out to be given to the woman if it's part of the woman's 50% share. But that law isn't in existence in Nigeria yet.
So in Nigeria when a man divorces his wife or wife files for divorce on the proper grounds, she gets nothing? ? Is that what you are saying? Then what is the difference between customary law and being married under the Act?
Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by lielbree: 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2017
nwamehn:

So in Nigeria when a man divorces his wife or wife files for divorce on the proper grounds, she gets nothing? ? Is that what you are saying? Then what is the difference between customary law and being married under the Act?
Once married under the Act except otherwise agreed, each spouse is a part owner of their spouses property upon death and in the event of divorce, properties which where acquired during the marriage are shared.
Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by nwamehn: 3:12pm On Jan 18, 2017
lielbree:

Once married under the Act except otherwise agreed, each spouse is a part owner of their spouses property upon death and in the event of divorce, properties which where acquired during the marriage are shared.

Maybe u can furnish us with the particular sections of the Marriage Act or the Matrimonial Causes Act of the Laws of the Federation of Nigeria that state that property acquired by a partner during marriage would be shared equally between couple in the event of a divorce.
Getting married under these acts (and not customary or Islamic rites) guarantees no division of property equally in the case of divorce. It only guarantees that the man or the woman in special cases where the woman earn far higher than the man makes arrangement for a lump sum to be paid, or alimony or provision of accommodation for the child(ren) till the said child(ren) reaches 21 years or if there is a special situation like being handicapped, imbecility, etc, that would extend the stay beyond 21 years, after which the man or the woman is not deemed to be legally responsible for the child's accommodation and general welfare (I can provide the sections of the Acts that say this). The law of sharing property equally would come into action by the time the gender equality bill is passed into law, and then these Marriage and Matrimonial Causes Acts would be amended to reflect it too.
Re: I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
skillz111:
Just curious how did the woman get the information that her husband shot one of the kidnappers was she in Nigeria as at the time of the incidence how was she sure it was not a case of assassination or robbery how do you conclude about a crime without you investigating the truth woman if truly you are innocent all this things you are saying is further implicating you

It all happened in their local vicinity,so am sure they may have the full gist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'I Didn't Torture The Children, They Were Fornicating', Kidnap Suspect Confesses / Jitender Maan 'Gogi' Killed In Court By Hitmen Disguised As Lawyers In India / Man Kills His Wife’s Suspected Lover With Scissors In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.