Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka (40279 Views)

Paul Enenche Replies Daddy Freeze On Building World Largest Church / T.B Joshua 'Heals' A Blind Man As He Shouts "I Can See!I Can See"(photos) / CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by CEO1(m): 5:43pm On Jan 17, 2017
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has blasted Wole Soyinka for opining that religion will destroy Nigeria if not tamed.

Soyinka was said to have made the statement at a book presentation in Abuja last Thursday.

“I would like to transfer that cry (by President Muhammadu Buhari on corruption) from the moral zone to the terrain of religion. If we do not tame religion in this nation, religion will kill us.”

CAN’s National Director, Legal and Public Affairs, Kwamkur Samuel, in response insisted that religion was not responsible for Nigeria’s problems.

“With due respect to Prof. Soyinka, it is not true that religion is the bane of Nigeria’s stability. No genuine religion promotes killings and destruction of lives and property.

“It is unfair for the Nobel laureate to project religion as a problem when it is the faithful believers that are praying and sacrificing to keep the nation moving,” Samuel said.
“Christianity preaches peace in all its ramifications. I challenge the professor to identify one attack on any community in Nigeria that was reported to have been carried out by Christians.

“Let him show any terrorist group by whatever name that shouts the name of Jesus before attacks or claim they are fighting for Jesus.

“We are sad that the so-called religious killing is persisting because our prominent leaders are not ready to call a spade by its real name”, he added.
He also asked Soyinka to question security operatives, on why some suspects had not been prosecuted.

“Why would a woman will be murdered in cold blood by known neighbours, yet they will be set free without prosecution like it happened in Kano? Nigeria will be far from getting to any solution,” Samuel added.

source: http://www.onenigeriablog.com/2017/01/no-terrorist-group-shouts-jesus-jesus.html

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by Acetyl(m): 5:51pm On Jan 17, 2017
6 Likes

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by BbcNews: 5:59pm On Jan 17, 2017
Soyinka is A bleeping Traditionalist and Atheist !!

115 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by dunkem21(m): 5:59pm On Jan 17, 2017
Acetyl:
One word that perfectly fits wink

11 Likes

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 17, 2017
Islam also preaches peace thats why its called Islam

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by Aufbauh(m): 6:11pm On Jan 17, 2017
I have said it before that the most dangerous idea of religion is the belief that you have to fight for your God.

While I'd believe that we can live together peacefully as one irrespective of our religious beliefs; Muslim brethren should remind their people that you don't need to fight for Allah if they believe that he is all-knowing, all-powerful and vengeance belongs to him.

The idea of fighting for one's God is like a creature taking the tools of it creator.

186 Likes 10 Shares

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by Nateben(m): 6:19pm On Jan 17, 2017
Some people from a certain brown roof republic no work at all...... undecided

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by Ayodeleseyi65(m): 6:24pm On Jan 17, 2017
This Man Is Just Making A Nuisance Of Himself

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by Funlordjnr: 6:24pm On Jan 17, 2017
DeAvenger:
Islam also preaches peace

Yes! The sort of PEACE that comes after a bomb has been detonated I'm sure?

My friend Islam is backward in all ramifications! Go and have a seat!

259 Likes 16 Shares

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
DeAvenger:
Story for the gods.

How dare you call Islam peace?!!!

You don't seem to have truth and such can never know truth and will never be set free.

If you think Islam is peace, I bet you would never know peace in your life. You would be cursed by PEACE itself from knowing it.

160 Likes 8 Shares

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by WorldRichest: 6:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
Funlordjnr:

Yes! The sort of PEACE that comes after a bomb has been detonated I'm sure?

My friend Islam is backward in all ramifications! Go and have a seat!

Your hatred for Islam and Muslims has not stopped Islam from growing faster than Christianity. Islam was fully established about 600 years after Christianity, yet the population of Muslims all over the world is near that of Christians. Lies cannot overshadow truth. There are Islamic Terrorist no doubt, but does that make Dangote, Fashola, Tinubu, Rilwan Akiolu, Atiku and billions of Muslims all over the world terrorists?

You hate Muslims, but you all are rushing to Dubai. You hate Muslims, yet you line up in front of Dangote Group for jobs. You hate Muslims, but you wont mind fuccking Aisha, Amina and Rashidat.

The people that chained your grandfathers and exported them to work at slaves in Europe and America were all Christians. Till today, the Africa is backward because of Slave Trade, yet you see Muslims in your dreams.

76 Likes 18 Shares

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by seunmsg(m): 6:52pm On Jan 17, 2017
BbcNews:
Soyinka is A bleeping Traditionalist and Atheist !!

How can a traditionalist be an atheist at the same time?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by Funlordjnr: 6:53pm On Jan 17, 2017
WorldRichest:

Your hatred for Islam and Muslims has not stopped Islam from growing faster than Christianity. Islam was fully established about 600 years after Christianity, yet the population of Muslims all over the world is near that of Christians. Lies cannot overshadow truth. There are Islamic Terrorist no doubt, but does that make Dangote, Fashola, Tinubu, Rilwan Akiolu, Atiku and billions of Muslims all over the world terrorists?

You hate Muslims, but you all are rushing to Dubai. You hate Muslims, yet you line up in front of Dangote Group for jobs. You hate Muslims, but you wont mind fuccking Aisha, Amina and Rashidat.

The people that chained your grandfathers and exported them to work at slaves in Europe and America were all Christians. Till today, the Africa is backward because of Slave Trade, yet you see Muslims in your dreams.

Have you finished crying? No one cares raghead! Now go and knock your skull on the ground till your forehead looks as if you were shot by a sniper while looking for blessings from a child banger above! Lmao!

202 Likes 9 Shares

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by WorldRichest: 8:03pm On Jan 17, 2017
Funlordjnr:

Have you finished crying? No one cares raghead! Now go and knock your skull on the ground till your forehead looks as if you were shot by a sniper while looking for blessings from a child banger above! Lmao!

This is the last pair of fuccks that I have gotten,you and your fellow morons can have it.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by Funlordjnr: 8:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
WorldRichest:

This is the last pair of fuccks that I have gotten,you and your fellow morons can have it.

grin

E pain this Osama useless brother well well!

197 Likes 11 Shares

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by Soklin(m): 8:15pm On Jan 17, 2017
Imale- forcfull education,islam is not peace, any where u find islam there is always violence in the enviroment Y ?

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by Csami(m): 8:17pm On Jan 17, 2017
Funlordjnr:

Guy, you wicked

86 Likes

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by Sibrah: 8:29pm On Jan 17, 2017
Aufbauh:
I have said it before that the most dangerous idea of religion is the belief that you have to fight for your God.

While I'd believe that we can live together peacefully as one irrespective of our religious beliefs; Muslim brethren should remind their people that you don't need to fight for Allah if they believe that he is all-knowing, all-powerful and vengeance belongs to him.

The idea of fighting for one's God is like a creature taking the tools of it creator.
Those fighting for God are simply brainwashed people who don't know what life offers.

34 Likes

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by Soklin(m): 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2017
K
Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by Soklin(m): 8:37pm On Jan 17, 2017
Imale- forcfull understanding,jihadist
Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by vedaxcool(m): 8:53pm On Jan 17, 2017
CAN won't get it even if it hit them square in the face.. the fact that pastors were preaching mmm shows one of the dangers posed by members of CAN. In CAN myopic mind wole was referring to violence but in fact the manipulative tendencies of pastors who will lie that God told them to increase school fees and no one should question it.

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by pink67(f): 8:59pm On Jan 17, 2017
The word "Islam" has been falsely proclaimed by Muslims to mean peace. The word Islam, actually means "submission" to the Muslim god of intolerance and hatred. It comes from the root Arabic word "taslim". In Arabic, the word for peace is only "solh".

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by Jaymaxxy(m): 9:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
Funlordjnr:

grin

E pain this Osama useless brother well well!

Do I have the right to call Christianity a religion of the rapists after reading that a pastor raped a girl?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by Funlordjnr: 10:21pm On Jan 17, 2017
Jaymaxxy:

Do I have the right to call Christianity a religion of the rapists after reading that a pastor raped a girl?

That one is your bloody business! I did not create christianity so I can never be pained about how you feel towards it! But the fact that you would agree with me that a lot of _stupid crimes are committed all in the name of your own religion is enough for me in this particular discourse!

A lot of your fellow head butting brothers are crazy _mongs! Ask Donald Trump and after that Kiss the truth!

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 17, 2017
WorldRichest:

All terrorist are Muslims but not all Muslims are terrorists. Yes Christianity is 500 yrs older Tha Islam but our population isn't near each other at all. Christianity is about 2.2 billion ppl while Islam is 1.7 billion pp. We hold 3 continents firmly Europe, N/America n S/America while islam doesnt hold any continent at all except for its domination of mideast Asia

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by BeClever: 10:50pm On Jan 17, 2017
DeAvenger:

Islam is perfect my left nyash..

29 Likes

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by SUPERPACK: 11:11pm On Jan 17, 2017
Eastactivist:

How do you know if the pastor is Christian or if he was doing it for Jesus. Did the pastor scream Jesus while doing it?

Abeg Islam is a not a religion of peace and serve weak god that can't fight for himself.
you are right the crusaders fought for allah.

10 Likes

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by Jaymaxxy(m): 12:55am On Jan 18, 2017
Eastactivist:

How do you know if the pastor is Christian or if he was doing it for Jesus. Did the pastor scream Jesus while doing it?

Abeg Islam is a not a religion of peace and serve weak god that can't fight for himself.
So, how are you sure book haram is doing this for Islam? You go inside a mosque and scream Allahu Akbar, does that make you a Muslim? You judge a religion based on the teaching of the religion, not the action of some followers.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka by Jaymaxxy(m): 1:13am On Jan 18, 2017
Funlordjnr:

That one is your bloody business! I did not create christianity so I can never be pained about how you feel towards it! But the fact that you would agree with me that a lot of _stupid crimes are committed all in the name of your own religion is enough for me in this particular discourse!

A lot of your fellow head butting brothers are crazy _mongs! Ask Donald Trump and after that Kiss the truth!

so, Christianity is to be blamed for this too,right?

www.dailypost.ng/2014/06/20/get-prophetic-messages-impregnate-church-members-enugu-pastor/

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Odumeje Vows To Come For People Accusing Him Of Performing Fake Miracles (Video) / Lokoja Pastor Attempts To Heal A Mad Man And Was Beaten (Photos) / Tianmen Cave - The Gate To Heaven Discovered In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.