Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,879 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. (26027 Views)

Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women / Feminism Is An Abbreviation Of Female Stupidity - Nigerian Lady / Is Feminism Relevant In Nigeria Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2017
Lady39:
Ok..very interesting. I do agree with the first paragraph, however I don't think every profession is designed for females.
I'm gonna keep silent on the last couple of paragraphs..lol. But I absolutely see what u r saying.
Thanks

wink
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by freecocoa(f): 8:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
xynerise:

Them know themselves grin
You no well.
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by freecocoa(f): 8:46pm On Jan 18, 2017
cococandy:
is that right?
Hello there. grin

Still a feminist?
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 18, 2017
Lady39:
Hi,
Was just curious to know what makes a woman a "feminist"? Is there a different definition in Nigeria as opposed to the American definition? Cause I got labeled one (by a nice young man) & want to make sure that people have the correct definitions...cause I don't consider myself one....
A lot of people in Nigeria don't actually know what feminism means to be honest, that's why you can be trying to have a serious and objective discussion about it and one arindin will come and trivialise the conversation and start talking about cooking as if we don't have more salient points to be focusing on

5 Likes

Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by MizMyColi(f): 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2017
Catalin:
What if your honest opinion is not really "honest" or you said all these just to cover up. Well sha nothing join me.

Lol
Did you read the part where I said "being true to self"?

I do not know how to say something I don't mean, especially when it comes to being candid over topical issues.

Yes, there are times when you might strongly hold and preach a particular point of view. Over time, it might become watered down.

For example, there was a time I held the view that Hell is real. Very real.
I don't hold that view anymore...it's kind of different now.

If I were to talk about hell now, it would be very different from what I said when I joined this forum....

That of marriage remains unshaken till this momentwink
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by MizMyColi(f): 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
xynerise:

Good to know you have seen the beauty of marriage. It is obvious that most of the so called feminists on NL are just frustrated single ladies cool. The day a man proposes to them,marks the beginning of sabotaging feminism.

I have always imagined the beauty of marriage. I have made it expressly clear that I desire to be married.......To the right person.

Yet I believe that I am much more than a Ring and a title.

1 Like

Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by MizMyColi(f): 9:31pm On Jan 18, 2017
xynerise:

You are married? Wow! Congrats! I guess one of Tecno management was a special guest? grin

Yes, I went on sabathical....cool

grin grin grin grin grin

Say whaa?

Tecno gini?

I'm not understanding you oooo
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by xynerise: 9:35pm On Jan 18, 2017
MizMyColi:

grin grin grin grin grin

Say whaa?

Tecno gini?

I'm not understanding you oooo

See you. A whole Tecno Ambassador? Quit pretending grin
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by cococandy(f): 9:37pm On Jan 18, 2017
freecocoa:
Hello there. grin

Still a feminist?
Now I'm confused.

According to the experts I can't be one since I'm married and not a bitter single lady.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by xynerise: 9:37pm On Jan 18, 2017
MizMyColi:

I have always imagined the beauty of marriage. I have made it expressly clear that I desire to be married.......To the right person.

Of course. You can define who you are in your marriage by your action and support for the family. Them no marry you to come born pikin alone na

1 Like

Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by xynerise: 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
freecocoa:
You no well.
grin
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by MizMyColi(f): 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
xynerise:

See you. A whole Tecno Ambassador? Quit pretending grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

lipsrsealed
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by cococandy(f): 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
grin grin
Or how feminists can't be married. Phew
1bkaye:

A lot of people in Nigeria don't actually know what feminism means to be honest, that's why you can be trying to have a serious and objective discussion about it and one arindin will come and trivialise the conversation and start talking about cooking as if we don't have more salient points to be focusing on

Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
MizMyColi:

When and where did you say? cos that your thread depicts the opposite of what you said now, it more or less like you don't desire it, like it just something that might happen if it pleases you.
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by cococandy(f): 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
xynerise:

Which part exactly? grin
All the parts
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by MizMyColi(f): 9:39pm On Jan 18, 2017
xynerise:

Of course. You can define who you are in your marriage by your action and support for the family. Them no marry you to come born pikin alone na

Not just within the context of marriage alone.
But also to the world out there.

However, Charity begins at home.
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2017
cococandy:
grin grin
Or how feminists can't be married. Phew

Lmao girl they come up with all sorts grin
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by xynerise: 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2017
cococandy:

All the parts

There is truth in what I said na
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by MizMyColi(f): 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2017
Catalin:
When and where did you say? cos that your thread depicts the opposite of what you said now, it more or less like you don't desire it, like it just something that might happen if it pleases you.

Lol
Read that thread again dear.
It's theresmiley
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by MizMyColi(f): 9:42pm On Jan 18, 2017
Catalin:

Misconceptions....
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by xynerise: 9:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
MizMyColi:

Not just within the context of marriage alone.
But also to the world out there.

However, Charity begins at home.

Sure....How family? smiley
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
MizMyColi:

Lol
Read that thread again dear.
It's theresmiley
No need for that, at least you are married now which is a good thing.
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by MizMyColi(f): 9:46pm On Jan 18, 2017
Catalin:
No need for that, at least you are married now which is a good thing.

There is a need....if you wish to change the misconception.
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by cococandy(f): 9:46pm On Jan 18, 2017
1bkaye:

Lmao girl they come up with all sorts grin

The thing is sometimes I can understand where they come from. The definition of feminism is that it seeks equality (social, and otherwise) between men and women.

For some of them marriage is an opportunity for the man to dump on the woman and have his family walk all over her. No better than a glorified 'housemaidship' where the woman should be eternally grateful that a man considered her worthy of bearing his name.

You can understand how that definition of marriage and feminism don't go hand in hand.
For those who marriage is a partnership and all the parties give respect as they expect, feminism is not mutually exclusive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by JuneOctober(f): 9:47pm On Jan 18, 2017
Congratulations ma. Wishing you a blissful marital life.
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by MizMyColi(f): 9:47pm On Jan 18, 2017
xynerise:

Sure....How family? smiley

We're bouncing in da Lord,
grin

Trust yours is balling too?cheesy
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by freecocoa(f): 9:47pm On Jan 18, 2017
cococandy:

Now I'm confused.

According to the experts I can't be one since I'm married and not a bitter single lady.
Lol, you are right, marriage cures feminism.

I'm so glad to have joined the league of no-longer-bitter-women. grin
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 18, 2017
MizMyColi:

There is a need....if you wish to change the misconception.
OK na.
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 18, 2017
freecocoa:

This bae will not kill me cheesy. Abeg answer present for 2017 bride thread. Let's pick a wedding gown for you.
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by cococandy(f): 9:49pm On Jan 18, 2017
freecocoa:

You're not serious grin
Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by xynerise: 9:54pm On Jan 18, 2017
MizMyColi:

We're bouncing in da Lord,
grin

Trust yours is balling too?cheesy

As usual na. We no dey carry last cool

1 Like

Re: I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. by freecocoa(f): 9:56pm On Jan 18, 2017
cococandy:

You're not serious grin
But I am. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? / Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady / My Wife Is Pregnant For An ‘Okada’ Man, Pastor Laments In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.