Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread - Jobs/Vacancies (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread (382376 Views)

2017 KPMG Nigeria Recruitment For Graduates / 2017 Kpmg Undergraduate And Graduate Internship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Royce20: 3:57pm On Apr 08, 2017
Adoghame22:
What a test, used every atom in my body to write the test... I still failed
I wonder if I can fail the people that passed must be geniuses
Men am sad... very sad

The people that passed aren't better than you. They were simply more prepared than you. Don't just prepare, prepare with the right materials (books)....

Meanwhile, pls who know When IARCS dept will conduct their AC?

2 Likes

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Kawlingz: 4:12pm On Apr 08, 2017
Adoghame22:
What a test, used every atom in my body to write the test... I still failed
I wonder if I can fail the people that passed must be geniuses
Men am sad... very sad

Sorry about that bro. Could you please share what the test was like? Plus what did they ask in the current affairs section?
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Adoghame22: 5:52pm On Apr 08, 2017
Royce20:

The people that passed aren't better than you. They were simply more prepared than you. Don't just prepare, prepare with the right materials (books)....

What book do you suggest
please help me
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by ibroh22(m): 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2017
gr8ful:
Hello,

I just did the KPMG test and failed. I feel so terrible and disappointed with myself coz I'm not getting younger- my age is counting and I really need a job in a consulting firm.

I have written three test in big consulting firms this year and passed none.

Please can anyone help, I need to know why I failed all these tests even after I practised well, answered all questions in time.
I failed too,,no big deal,though it's my first because am still a serving corps member,am double sure those that passed aren't better than me but I know what will be will be,take heart and move on,i already move on,what will be yours won't pass you by,making 2.1 in school is not a moi moi Na,all the best
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by adegokeaau: 7:56pm On Apr 08, 2017
Royce20:

Sometime btw now and september....my guess tho..be calm bro
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Okpanwu(m): 8:45pm On Apr 08, 2017
I was reschedule anyway. for some of us dat are using NECO result without date of birth on it and we have been using age declaration and certificate of birth from hospital, does it mean we don't stand a chance to write the test.
For those that have written, does their question correlate with GMAT? becos I no Dragnet with funny questions, I can't forget my experience in first bank test last year, am still trusting God for his miracle sha. thanks! urgent response pls.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by beejayvince(m): 2:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
Okpanwu:
I was reschedule anyway. for some of us dat are using NECO result without date of birth on it and we have been using age declaration and certificate of birth from hospital, does it mean we don't stand a chance to write the test.
For those that have written, does their question correlate with GMAT? becos I no Dragnet with funny questions, I can't forget my experience in first bank test last year, am still trusting God for his miracle sha. thanks! urgent response pls.

I believe you stand a chance. Someone used his WAEC result printout yesterday, and that doesn't carry date of birth. They just checked the DOB on his Birth Certificate, and allowed him in.

How do GMAT questions look? I'm asking because I've never practised GMAT.

Anyway, I got many questions on speed, distance and time - not straightforward o; I actually had to guess the answers to some. Some questions involved calculating length of train based on speed and relative speed of another train, blah blah.

The "English" part had questions about simplifying the underlined parts of sentences. I got about five questions like this.

I also got questions about the relationship between words. Something like "From the options, find the pair of words that have the same relationship as the given pair of words." E.g., "SALT : DESALINATION", "PURIFICATION : DROSS", "MERCURIAL : MOOD", each question showing different relationships.

There was another group of questions about two teams on a Camp with five "secure zones" each on both sides of the camp. Some information was given about the positions of each group's secure zones, and questions were asked about them. Questions like, "From the information given, which of the options is the complete list of Team B's secure zones?".

Some questions came up on percentages too. Like, percentages of percentages. Got a question, "If there's a discount of 10% on a product, and a subsequent discount of 15%, then what exactly is the total discount on the product?"

Then, I got some General Knowledge questions. What do the horses on the Nigerian Coat of Arms represent? Who composed the Nigerian National anthem? Who was the first female VC in Nigeria? What is the full meaning of KPMG? A friend of mine said he was asked of President Donald Trump's inauguration date. Lol.

So, I guess you can judge if these correlate with GMAT questions, because I really don't know.

All the best.

6 Likes

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Kawlingz: 7:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
beejayvince:

I believe you stand a chance. Someone used his WAEC result printout yesterday, and that doesn't carry date of birth. They just checked the DOB on his Birth Certificate, and allowed him in.

Anyway, I got many questions on speed, distance and time - not straightforward o; I actually had to guess the answers to some. Some questions involved calculating length of train based on speed and relative speed of another train, blah blah.

The "English" part had questions about simplifying the underlined parts of sentences. I got about five questions like this.

I also got questions about the relationship between words. Something like "From the options, find the pair of words that have the same relationship as the given pair of words." E.g., "SALT : DESALINATION", "PURIFICATION : DROSS", "MERCURIAL : MOOD", each question showing different relationships.

There was another group of questions about two teams on a Camp with five "secure zones" each on both sides of the camp. Some information was given about the positions of each group's secure zones, and questions were asked about them. Questions like, "From the information given, which of the options is the complete list of Team B's secure zones?".

Some questions came up on percentages too. Like, percentages of percentages. Got a question, "If there's a discount of 10% on a product, and a subsequent discount of 15%, then what exactly is the total discount on the product?"

Then, I got some General Knowledge questions. What do the horses on the Nigerian Coat of Arms represent? Who composed the Nigerian National anthem? Who was the first female VC in Nigeria? What is the full meaning of KPMG? A friend of mine said he was asked of President Donald Trump's inauguration date. Lol.

So, I guess you can judge if these correlate with GMAT questions, because I really don't know.

All the best.

Thanks for the insights bro. God bless.
Were you able to get past the first round?
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 09, 2017
Festusd:
[color=#550000][/color]

Bro please help me send to my mail as well... Olalerefd@gmail.com. God bless you
Tiwa101 or Izen. Please can you buzz me on my email: mikecorleone5577@gmail.com. I need some info from you concerning KPMG's BAT.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 09, 2017
Izen:
Please this question is directed at those who have written this test before or who have an idea of how it is held. Please if you pass the attitude test, will you be going to the next stage immediately or will you be asked to come back? I'm asking on behalf of those who are not Lagos-based.
Izen, please what was the reply you got?
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by beejayvince(m): 9:50pm On Apr 09, 2017
Kawlingz:

Thanks for the insights bro. God bless.
Were you able to get past the first round?
Yes, to the glory of God. smiley
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by beejayvince(m): 9:57pm On Apr 09, 2017
SAAS:

Izen, please what was the reply you got?

Everyone who passed the aptitude test was taken to another room to write an essay immediately.

I wrote mine yesterday, and we were told that those who make it through the essay will get mails for an online assessment before Wednesday. Results will be out within 48 hours, and that'll be the last step before interviews et al start.

1 Like

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Kawlingz: 10:47pm On Apr 09, 2017
beejayvince:
Yes, to the glory of God. smiley

Congrats man grin more grace to you
Do you remember your essay questions..(sorry for being be an Oliver Twist)
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by ibroh22(m): 10:54pm On Apr 09, 2017
beejayvince:

All the best.
you nailed it bro,those are the questions I was asked, so sad I couldn't make it past the first round but I thank God, I pray you pass the remaining stuffs
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Raphdoo: 11:15pm On Apr 09, 2017
If there is vacancy, can i apply again even though i failed one already
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by beejayvince(m): 8:14am On Apr 10, 2017
Kawlingz:

Congrats man grin more grace to you
Do you remember your essay questions..(sorry for being be an Oliver Twist)

Lol@"Oliver Twist".

My Essay had two questions to answer one.

1. "Write an essay on a topic of global importance, explaining why it is of global importance" or something like that sha.

2. "Organisations make money and pay taxes to the Government. The government in turn uses the money to develop infrastructure and improve social amenities. The Organisations then sit back and wait for the government to do everything concerning these social amenities as long as they pay their taxes faithfully. Should this be so? Argue for or against Social Corporate Responsibility".

This is a paraphrased form sha.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by beejayvince(m): 8:15am On Apr 10, 2017
ibroh22:

you nailed it bro,those are the questions I was asked, so sad I couldn't make it past the first round but I thank God, I pray you pass the remaining stuffs
Amen o. And, sorry bro.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by TeamLightSkin(f): 12:52pm On Apr 10, 2017
Did any1 get an invited for a test this week?
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by pazzys(m): 1:14pm On Apr 10, 2017
ibroh22:

sent
bro abeg send me the study pack..... scodion20@gmail.com
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Okpanwu(m): 3:33pm On Apr 10, 2017
beejayvince:

All the best.
Tank you. I appreciate. somehow I can see some relationship the question keep with GMAT.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Kawlingz: 8:54pm On Apr 10, 2017
beejayvince:

Lol@"Oliver Twist".

My Essay had two questions to answer one.

1. "Write an essay on a topic of global importance, explaining why it is of global importance" or something like that sha.

2. "Organisations make money and pay taxes to the Government. The government in turn uses the money to develop infrastructure and improve social amenities. The Organisations then sit back and wait for the government to do everything concerning these social amenities as long as they pay their taxes faithfully. Should this be so? Argue for or against Social Corporate Responsibility".

This is a paraphrased form sha.

Thanks bro. You've been far too kind! Wish you all the best in your AC and through out the process.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by beejayvince(m): 10:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
Kawlingz:

Thanks bro. You've been far too kind! Wish you all the best in your AC and through out the process.
Thanks, bro
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Donpizzle(m): 5:23pm On Apr 11, 2017
IARCS AC HAVE ANYONE BEEN INVITED YET?? Nawa oo. Its taking too long than I thought....
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Izen: 7:24pm On Apr 11, 2017
Donpizzle:
IARCS AC HAVE ANYONE BEEN INVITED YET?? Nawa oo. Its taking too long than I thought....

Lol, you're complaining. When did you write your test?? Management Consulting (MC) has been placed on "iscoming" since February. I heard it might take up to 3 months.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 11, 2017
beejayvince:

Everyone who passed the aptitude test was taken to another room to write an essay immediately.

I wrote mine yesterday, and we were told that those who make it through the essay will get mails for an online assessment before Wednesday. Results will be out within 48 hours, and that'll be the last step before interviews et al start.
Thanks for the info. In our own case we were told we'll receive their reply mail concerning the BAT in a week.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by beejayvince(m): 9:18pm On Apr 11, 2017
SAAS:

Thanks for the info. In our own case we were told we'll receive their reply mail concerning the BAT in a week.
I got that BAT mail tonight, after taking the aptitude test last Saturday. You'll likely not have to wait one week.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 11, 2017
I just did too. I must have understood the message wrongly. Thanks!!!
Wishing you the best smiley!!!
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by beejayvince(m): 12:21am On Apr 12, 2017
SAAS:
I just did too. I must have understood the message wrongly. Thanks!!!
Wishing you the best smiley!!!
Thanks, bro. I wish you the best too.

1 Like

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Donpizzle(m): 12:40am On Apr 12, 2017
Izen:

Lol, you're complaining. When did you write your test?? Management Consulting (MC) has been placed on "iscoming" since February. I heard it might take up to 3 months.

Since march 11th. Bout a month now. Hmmm, this job search sef don tire person. Companies just putting someone on 'iscoming' anyhw. Is it lack of fund abi Wetin sef. See first bank, na since last yr December.Na obodo oyibo sure pass joor. Make I go double my hustle....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Abiola131: 8:11am On Apr 12, 2017
beejayvince:

have you gotten your result for the essay?
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by PrinceRancho: 8:11am On Apr 12, 2017
Please, those for audit AC should give me insight into how it is like.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by beejayvince(m): 9:26am On Apr 12, 2017
Abiola131:
have you gotten your result for the essay?
Yes, I got the mail for the Business Awareness Test yesterday night

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (155) (Reply)

Federal Fire Service 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here / Nigerian Breweries Sales Executive Recruitment 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.