Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread - Jobs/Vacancies (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread (382281 Views)

2017 KPMG Nigeria Recruitment For Graduates / 2017 Kpmg Undergraduate And Graduate Internship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by dannysoya: 9:48am On Aug 05, 2017
Good Day Everyone. Having been as far as an applicant could possibly go in the process without getting an offer (Rejected at Partner Interview Stage), I thought I would talk a bit about the process and share some tips with you guys that can hopefully help you land an offer. My Unit was MC- the smallest Unit.

As most already know there are 4 main stages in the process although every unit has its own little difference usually at the AC stage. Dragnet Aptitude Test, Business Awareness Test, Assessment Centre, and Partner Interview. The most difficult stage in my opinion is probably the BAT just because you are under a lot of time pressure to complete the test (within 24 hours of receipt of notification) and you really dont have any clue as to how the test is scored or whether you are coming across as a KPMG person. The other 3 stages are easier to prepare for only because you at least have a better idea of what you are facing. My advice is to read up on the KPMG Global behaviours manual and try to tailor your answers accordingly. Now for TIPS.

1. Your academic qualifications dont matter as much as you think they do. Everybody with a 2.1 gets a chance regardless of School. Its up to you to show that you are the ideal fit for the firm. I have a Masters Degree with High Merit and I got rejected so dont worry about other people having more academic qualifications than you.

2. Make sure you are career-focused. By career-focused I mean you should be planning on building a career WITH KPMG. I think this was the biggest reason I got rejected. I looked at the traineeship as a stepping stone to greater things rather than a chance to build a career in the firm. As I learnt the hard way, nothing annoys a partner more than you telling them you see your long term career somewhere else lol.

3. At the assessment centre, your approach is more important than the final answer. All they look for at the assessment centre stage is your approach to certain situations. How you think about business issues, how you work in a team, how you present yourself. Expect random business questions from anywhere. Dont panic. Come up with a thought process and communicate this process to the interviewers. Be articulate and you will be OK

4. Important questions that may come up in the interview include a time you manipulated data to gain insight, your gtratest achievements, how you handled conflict situation in a team setting, your approach to team work. Makre sure you have at least 3 real life examples for every situation.

5. Above all, just relax and be confident. It is not the end of the world if you dont land an offer. Control what you can control and leave the rest to God. If you get to the last two stages, know that they are very interested in you so you dont need to panic. Walk in with confidence and dont give them any reason to think that they made the wrong decision showing interest in you. Simple.

Wish you guys all the best. Hope your stories are better thah mine in the end. Now excuse me while I go find a job.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Igboeze90: 10:12am On Aug 05, 2017
dannysoya:
Good Day Everyone. Having been as far as an applicant could possibly go in the process without getting an offer (Rejected at Partner Interview Stage), I thought I would talk a bit about the process and share some tips with you guys that can hopefully help you land an offer. My Unit was MC- the smallest Unit.

As most already know there are 4 main stages in the process although every unit has its own little difference usually at the AC stage. Dragnet Aptitude Test, Business Awareness Test, Assessment Centre, and Partner Interview. The most difficult stage in my opinion is probably the BAT just because you are under a lot of time pressure to complete the test (within 24 hours of receipt of notification) and you really dont have any clue as to how the test is scored or whether you are coming across as a KPMG person. The other 3 stages are easier to prepare for only because you at least have a better idea of what you are facing. My advice is to read up on the KPMG Global behaviours manual and try to tailor your answers accordingly. Now for TIPS.

1. Your academic qualifications dont matter as much as you think they do. Everybody with a 2.1 gets a chance regardless of School. Its up to you to show that you are the ideal fit for the firm. I have a Masters Degree with High Merit and I got rejected so dont worry about other people having more academic qualifications than you.

2. Make sure you are career-focused. By career-focused I mean you should be planning on building a career WITH KPMG. I think this was the biggest reason I got rejected. I looked at the traineeship as a stepping stone to greater things rather than a chance to build a career in the firm. As I learnt the hard way, nothing annoys a partner more than you telling them you see your long term career somewhere else lol.

3. At the assessment centre, your approach is more important than the final answer. All they look for at the assessment centre stage is your approach to certain situations. How you think about business issues, how you work in a team, how you present yourself. Expect random business questions from anywhere. Dont panic. Come up with a thought process and communicate this process to the interviewers. Be articulate and you will be OK

4. Important questions that may come up in the interview include a time you manipulated data to gain insight, your gtratest achievements, how you handled conflict situation in a team setting, your approach to team work. Makre sure you have at least 3 real life examples for every situation.

5. Above all, just relax and be confident. It is not the end of the world if you dont land an offer. Control what you can control and leave the rest to God. If you get to the last two stages, know that they are very interested in you so you dont need to panic. Walk in with confidence and dont give them any reason to think that they made the wrong decision showing interest in you. Simple.

Wish you guys all the best. Hope your stories are better thah mine in the end. Now excuse me while I go find a job.
The best advice I ever read on this thread. Thanks for sharing. Bigger things await you.

God bless you!

5 Likes

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by roldre: 11:00am On Aug 05, 2017
dannysoya:

Thank you very much bro. My test is scheduled for Thursday, and am in dire need of the study pack. Please kindly forward it to me . nasirullahoni@yahoo.co.uk

1 Like

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 05, 2017
Study hard

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by maxyboss212(m): 11:06am On Aug 07, 2017
Plz can I still apply for this job? Help me with answers plz
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 07, 2017
oppjgd
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by maxyboss212(m): 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2017
Tanks a lot Rebecca..I have applied. Lucky enuf d requirements favoured me..
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by azz19: 8:58pm On Aug 07, 2017
I thought they said KPMG has a very organized recruitment process. How can one be sitting on the fence for two weeks. Anyway whatever... Maybe KPMG isn't good enough afterall.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Rainss: 9:42pm On Aug 07, 2017
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by azz19: 11:17pm On Aug 07, 2017
You mean I'm still new. Issorite... Thank you sir. I only expected a faster response.
Rainss:

You are clearly new in the labour market run. You don't sit around and wait on a job. You get yourself busy doing other things. One thing is for sure..kpmg will definitely get back to you. You applied quite late in the financial year. A lot of ppl have gotten offer letters and are starting next month..so chill or keep walking bruh.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by scholastical: 7:15am On Aug 08, 2017
blueeice223:
Thanks am so grateful. You are far too kind

Please help a friend and kindly send the KPMG past question tiwa sent to you please....

Email: lateefamidu12@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by scholastical: 7:17am On Aug 08, 2017
[quote author=ujupikin post=58657253]Tnk u so much to Uche who sent me the study pack,, God bless dear[/quorte]

Please kindly send the KPMG past question to me please....

Thanks
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by scholastical: 7:23am On Aug 08, 2017
Francieuche:
Tnks to Victoria who sent me study packs pls I have a question shebi I can print my exam slip Anyday before saturday as long as I have my login and password?

Thanks
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by scholastical: 7:35am On Aug 08, 2017
ujupikin:
Tnk u so much to Uche who sent me the study pack,, God bless dear

lateefamidu12@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by roldre: 8:15am On Aug 08, 2017
scholastical:

lateefamidu12@gmail.com

Thanks

Pleas kindly forward it to me. Email: nasirullahoni@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by arazz(m): 2:46pm On Aug 08, 2017
please am writing the aptitude test on Thursday, please someone should help me with the past question. here is my email: araz4me@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by arazz(m): 3:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
Rebekkah:
GUYS DON'T concentrate on study pack study pack study pack. yes it helps but much of the trick comes from what you know/your intellect.

the GMAT prep in circulation is a bit different from the test questions. CONCENTRATE ON BUILDING NUMERICAL REASONING & VOCABULARY SKILLS. E.g y+x=7, y²+x²=25, y³+x³=?; the product of even numbers from 200-499; the total percentage for a discount of 10% and subsequent 15%discount; antonyms & synonyms;

also learn how to write a good essay. some of the AWA topics; write on a difficult situation and how you solved it, the benefits of internet, the importance of ebooks to paperbooks...

like he said from the BAT, much of the test weighs your content, I.e WHAT YOU HAVE TO OFFER/your
behavioral competencies not what you've learnt/prepared for

if your test is pretty soon, just go to pages 58&59 of the 2015 KPMG graduate aptitude test and read the posts there (THE CURRENT AFFAIRS)

The paper types are not the same and are liable to change.

Lastly, "the race is not to the swift nor talented, but time and chance happen to them all."

GOD'S FAVOUR WORKS WONDERS.
please rebecca send me anything i can read for the kpmg aptitude test to my email araz4me@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by arazz(m): 7:55am On Aug 09, 2017
Hello Tiwa, please send me the kpmg study pack. my mail is araz4me@gmail.com. Thanks
Tiwa101:
Check ur mails.sent to all.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by arazz(m): 8:05am On Aug 09, 2017
Abeg I need dat study pack my test na tomorrow. ara4me@gmail.com
nwagbaradav:
Av sent to quite a number of ppl here... Please rebroadcast...
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Laxy009(m): 11:38am On Aug 09, 2017
Tiwa101:
Check ur mails.sent to all.

Please, Tiwa I need KPMG Past Questions. lawrence.elugbaju@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Omah13: 9:09am On Aug 10, 2017
How was the August 4th apt test I rescheduled
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by dekate1(f): 2:33pm On Aug 10, 2017
Omah13:
How was the August 4th apt test I rescheduled
A friend of mine has gotten to d last stage
I rescheduled too
When did u reschedule for?
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by ubby26: 1:28am On Aug 11, 2017
Hi guys. I was to take the test on the 4th of August but rescheduled. how was it? not been given a definite date yet, so would like to know when the last recruitment exercise would take place for this year. was there any abstract/logical reasoning questions in the aptitude test? Thanks.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Beeehorlah: 9:47am On Aug 11, 2017
Please is it possible to write KPMG Test twice?

I write once in 2016 but I wasn't chartered then.

Now I am, will that be considered?

Thanks.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by ubby26: 10:20am On Aug 11, 2017
Beeehorlah:
Please is it possible to write KPMG Test twice?

I write once in 2016 but I wasn't chartered then.

Now I am, will that be considered?

Thanks.

You can only write kpmg test, once in a life time.
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by Rennie97: 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
Please how long does it take to get the mail for the business awareness test
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by elmafelix: 5:50pm On Aug 11, 2017
Rennie97:
Please how long does it take to get the mail for the business awareness test

I got mine today after writing yesterday
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by SENESCO(m): 11:01pm On Aug 11, 2017
elmafelix:

I got mine today after writing yesterday

Please can you give us hint on how your test was structured I will be writing mine very soon
Will really appreciate it
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by DrFlora: 7:45am On Aug 12, 2017
dapyd1:

I didn't choose audit.

I have gotten my offer letter.

Please send me your study materials to talktodrflora@gmail.com

I have my test scheduled on Thursday 17th August,

I will be 26 in December, I hope that is not a barrier
Re: 2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread by DrFlora: 7:48am On Aug 12, 2017
roldre:

Thank you very much bro. My test is scheduled for Thursday, and am in dire need of the study pack. Please kindly forward it to me . nasirullahoni@yahoo.co.uk

Please if you have gotten the study materials, can you kindly send it to me at talktodrflora@gmail.com

My test is also scheduled on Thursday 17th August

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (155) (Reply)

Federal Fire Service 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here / Nigerian Breweries Sales Executive Recruitment 2015

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.