Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

William Onyeabor Is Dead! - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / William Onyeabor Is Dead! (26032 Views)

Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Is Dead [photo] / Famous Nigerian Musician William Onyeabor Is Dead / Legendary Nigerian Musician, William Onyeabor Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by cyprex: 11:25am On Jan 18, 2017
I can still remember his exhilarating tunes especially Higher Higher Higher.

Legendary, ingenuous.

RIP, Williams
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Mbediogu(m): 11:26am On Jan 18, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:
RIP to him...

Once upon a time in a village, a man appeared and announced that he would buy monkeys for N100 each. The villagers seeing that there were so many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them.

The man bought thousands at N100 and as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their efforts. He further announced that he would now buy at N200. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again. Soon the supply diminished and people started going back to their farms. The offer rate increased to N250 but the supply of monkeys became so little that it took much effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch one.

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at N500! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now buy on his behalf.

In the absence of the man, his assistant told the villagers: ''Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that my OGA has bought from you, I will sell them to you at N350 and when my OGA returns from the city, you can sell it to him at N500''.

The villagers squeezed out all their HARD EARNED savings and bought all the monkeys. The most greedy ones among them even sold their lands to purchase many MONKEYS, hoping to make a huge profit without labor.

Then...

They never saw the man or his assistant. Only monkeys everywhere!

Welcome to #MMM.
The world of Monkeys

We are not gauging the dept of an unknown sea with two legs.
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 18, 2017
Mbediogu:

We are not gauging the dept of an unknown sea with two legs.
Ok.my hand no dey sha...

Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by buchilino(m): 11:55am On Jan 18, 2017
kstix:
Legendary? I don't know him though. R.I.P

MAYBE U WERE BORN IN D 90s
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by ejorgeneral: 12:24pm On Jan 18, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
:' His first son, Charles who is currently in Italy confirmed his death exclusively to LIB saying, 'yea, my dad is dead. He died peacefully on Monday January 16, 2017 at his palace in Enugu".

RIP to the Legend...

But

Why do ENUGU people brag a lot...

That's not a brag mate. He lived in a "palace" with indoor swimming pool built in the 80s.
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Humulity: 12:39pm On Jan 18, 2017
Until his death he had been a regular visitor to my office. We had a meeting with him first week of this year, the follow up meeting yet to hold. Very interesting man, has a new music yet to be released which he told us will be done in the United States though he did not state when.

A musician, religious man and business man.

Died in the Pent house of his house on the early hours of Monday 16th January, 2017.

May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Mbediogu(m): 1:16pm On Jan 18, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:

Ok.my hand no dey sha...

Your story was insightful though but wetin make man pikin do for recession? Na gamble sha. .
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 18, 2017
bayinq25:
Please ladies I don't want quotes like:"he'd always be remembered as the greatest super eagles player of all time".He played music not football....read carefully.....R.I.P LEGEND
are you trying to be funny ?your brain is filled with cow dungs !!!!
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by MizSparks(f): 1:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
:' His first son, Charles who is currently in Italy confirmed his death exclusively to LIB saying, 'yea, my dad is dead. He died peacefully on Monday January 16, 2017 at his palace in Enugu".

RIP to the Legend...

But

Why do ENUGU people brag a lot...

Don't bring sentiments into this.
When you see his home, you'll understand why it's called a palace.
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
He was a good instrumentalist, good with synthesizers.
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by rigarmortis: 3:45pm On Jan 18, 2017
Orikinla1:
He was a genius.
His compositions should be in a National Music Museum.

i was truly surprised, the guy has being making good futuristic techno/ house sounding music since the 1970s.

and he is really good, was reading the guys biography and rock groups with included a member of the popular beastie boys had a world tour covering his songs only since the guy stubbornly refused to perform live.
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by teozey111(m): 4:11pm On Jan 18, 2017
prophetfire:
sorry my dear. you belong to the indomie generation. you peeps came to the world when things hav turn upside down.sorry.
nice blast....thanks
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 18, 2017
Mbediogu:

Your story was insightful though but wetin make man pikin do for recession? Na gamble sha. .
Hmmmn. At least una sha don chop small for d tin.na pple wey put millions inside i pity.their loss will be prodigous
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by bayinq25(m): 5:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
hardwerk:
are you trying to be funny ?your brain is filled with cow dungs !!!!
Your father's cum was a waste,your birth certificate is an apology letter to intellects.
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by midastouch: 9:06am On Jan 19, 2017
Humulity:
Until his death he had been a regular visitor to my office. We had a meeting with him first week of this year, the follow up meeting yet to hold. Very interesting man, has a new music yet to be released which he told us will be done in the United States though he did not state when.

A musician, religious man and business man.

Died in the Pent house of his house on the early hours of Monday 16th January, 2017.

May his soul rest in peace.

You were blessed to have met him in person. He was truly a visionary, a musical and film genius, an entrepreneur, a trail-blazer and a lover of God. I can't even believe the things this guy did back then. Wao!
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by domstarice(m): 9:39am On Jan 23, 2017
the man na from my village shaa..... He's from Amodu awkunanaw in Nkanu west LGA of Enugu state..... He is such a genius..... I knew his 3 storey building, just few kilometers from ma house..... May his soul RIP

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dominique Oputa's Jacket With Charlyboy's Photo On It / IK Ogbonna Searches For A Wife For Alexx Ekubo / Tonto Dikeh Talks About Weight Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.