Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri (13362 Views)

Obasanjo Visits Olu Of Warri At His Palace(photos) / Buhari Orders Opening Of Maritime University In Delta / Osinbajo Promises Full Academic Take-Off Of Nigerian Maritime University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri by APCmyheart(m): 2:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
Urukpe:

Don't be quick to jump into conclusion of anything u don't know about, like ur master APC.

You really know nothing about Ijaw and Itsekiri

But you lots quick to jump into conclusion if it was against APC and Buhari..
Re: Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri by APCmyheart(m): 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2017
philchudi:
So the school should be canceled because of that?

Or Amaechi who claimed there was nothing on ground there is now a saint. mtchhhh

So the Govt should pay another money?
Re: Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri by mario383: 4:05pm On Jan 18, 2017
Noblesoul123:
Let me ask this question in pidgin.

Abeg my people, dem swear for us for Naija?

Even govt sef no fit obtain ordinary land for school?

Abi d Olu of Warri just dey talk, make oga Presido arrange new deal with am?
No be small thing. But where was this olu since?

1 Like

Re: Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri by mario383: 4:11pm On Jan 18, 2017
Saint83:
Who are those calling Amaechi,the Lion of Ubima, a liar or betrayer ? The Olu of Warri has confirmed that Maritime university land were dubiously acquired by Jonathan led Government with conjunction with Delta State Government.

Amaechi ,is a son of soil,Niger Delta Lord,he knows what he was saying..and believe me ,PMB will not continue with that frauster project,the Vice President will face hot seat for his promise ..,.

Some wailers will not like this .

Hail to almighty PDP slayer. cheesy
When I think of this country the way it is going, am always happy and thanking God that I am this aged. What I see every days is more and more confusion. No direction. But, let me ask you and your Olu even though I am not from that region. Why has the Olu not come out to protest both in the courts etc. since this past years? Because we are tired of another Izon and Itsekiri war for the sake of people of other tribes who are living there.
Re: Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri by mario383: 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2017
UnknownT:
That will be double payment for one land? Like they did to MFM. Olu go and collect the money from the Ijaws, Nigeria no get another billion billion to pay una
This fight go though sha.
Re: Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri by mario383: 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2017
alaskido:
This Olu of Iteshkiri should stop this propaganda to avoid another war between the Ijaws and Iteshkiri. The last blood bath is still fresh on our minds.
Am sure this is a joke. This new Olu I know is very civilised man. As soon as he became the olu, he visited many place, making friends etc. He is a very peace loving man. Those who wants to push you people, the izons, the Itsekiris, say know to instigators. Do not mind them. Since that land has been there, some times, I was told the army want to bumb it and so on, no Itsekiri man has even come to say it is for them.
Re: Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri by Noblesoul123: 4:55pm On Jan 18, 2017
mario383:
No be small thing. But where was this olu since?

I tire o
Re: Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri by WeNigerDelta: 5:00pm On Jan 18, 2017
mario383:
Am sure this is a joke. This new Olu I know is very civilised man. As soon as he became the olu, he visited many place, making friends etc. He is a very peace loving man. Those who wants to push you people, the izons, the Itsekiris, say know to instigators. Do not mind them. Since that land has been there, some times, I was told the army want to bumb it and so on, no Itsekiri man has even come to say it is for them.

Bros please say what you know. Omadino people have taken the matter to court since. And if I'm not mistaking even won the court case, when this happened Atuwase was the Olu not the current one. Also Ayiri has spoken about it...There have been publications on it.
Re: Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri by coputa(m): 5:17pm On Jan 18, 2017
The Itsekiri's is at it again,this is the reason warrI still remains an undeveloped,dirty and backward city,despite it's enormous wealth.When Jonathan visited before the election,why didn't they tell hIm that the land was dubiously acquired,why now that a new government. is in place,If the school is completed today,will it not benefit the Itsekiri's and the host community,including the urhobo's.The two institutions sited in Effurun,in Uvwie (,FUPRE ,AND PTI) has greatly benefited the indigenes of the areas including the Itsekiri's and the Ijaw's.Its time to allow peace and progress to reign. in Warri.

1 Like

Re: Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri by ofwest47(m): 10:36pm On Jan 18, 2017
Nobi Gej and Tompolo shared the N13 billion they got from the land fraudulently eliminating the Itshekiri people the rightful owners of the property.
Re: Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri by caleboxylic: 10:57pm On Jan 18, 2017
WeNigerDelta:

Bros please say what you know. Omadino people have taken the matter to court since. And if I'm not mistaking even won the court case, when this happened Atuwase was the Olu not the current one. Also Ayiri has spoken about it...There have been publications on it.

If u people ( izon and itsekiri) like keep lying to yourselves. I am here to say the truth only but the truth from what I have read and what my father told me who happens to be a historian.
I repeat, itsekiri and ijaw are not indigenous of the present delta state rather migrants. While the former migrated from west, the later migrated from the east.
Re: Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri by alaskido(m): 8:50am On Jan 19, 2017
WeNigerDelta:

Oh shut up... Olu of Warri, you calling him Olu of Itsekhiri won't change his historically, world known title, make e continue dey pepper you and your envious people...

The land is Okerenghigho not Okerenkoko and it belongs to the Omadino people, we have legal documents and proof to back it up. We also have historical records... What do you have? Lies, deceit and threats.. Park well jare...

No one is against the Maritime University, the Olu said that clearly... Just the land doesn't b long to any stupid Gbaramatu clan, a clan the upragraded itself to a kingdom during Jonathan... With zero historical records, just made up tales of moon light...

You can tell me to shut up 1 million times but I do not care. Is Warri an Iteshiri clan? Do your research and you will know. Yes, we agree the Okerenghigho land belongs to the Omadino people but they fled the land. The land was a spoil of war. The Federal Government does not have extra money to pay to the Itsekhiri people for this same land again. We need the little money we have to fix the ailing economy.
Re: Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri by mario383: 1:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
WeNigerDelta:

Am aware of all those points you mentioned. But from record as a worker there fore long time, even though I am not from Deltan, all documents, meeting, etc. I have come across, that place was known to belong to the Okerenkoko Izons. I also know that your people, the Itsekiri are known for coning and change names so as to cause confusion. While I was working in Warri then, you won a particularly village close to DSC through this means. But am very sure that Izons will be the last people to allow that, especially when they know your tricks. Let us wait and see how Izons will allow you take an inch possession of that land. Wetin concern me sef? Na una sabi. Just one question. Why are you people, Itsekiris always refusing to to live comfortably with your immediate neighbours? Why do you people feel you are more superior to others? Well, especially the Izons, as I know them too well, will fight to finish with you people. Na una sabi.
Re: Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri by WeNigerDelta: 2:47pm On Jan 19, 2017
mario383:
Am aware of all those points you mentioned. But from record as a worker there fore long time, even though I am not from Deltan, all documents, meeting, etc. I have come across, that place was known to belong to the Okerenkoko Izons. I also know that your people, the Itsekiri are known for coning and change names so as to cause confusion. While I was working in Warri then, you won a particularly village close to DSC through this means. But am very sure that Izons will be the last people to allow that, especially when they know your tricks. Let us wait and see how Izons will allow you take an inch possession of that land. Wetin concern me sef? Na una sabi. Just one question. Why are you people, Itsekiris always refusing to to live comfortably with your immediate neighbours? Why do you people feel you are more superior to others? Well, especially the Izons, as I know them too well, will fight to finish with you people. Na una sabi.

When you're a stranger in a place, ask questions from both sides. Just don't assume what those with the highest population tell you as truth...
Did you know the land before the Ijaw and Itsekhiri crisis? Now read the comment above yours from an Ijaw man and stop making yourself look ignorant...
When you give out land to your neighbors and their great grand children come and tell you it's theirs because they've been living there since you gave them.. You can tell me about being peaceful.. When the occupy villages your people fled, rename it and sell it, call it spoils of war.... Come here and tell me how much of a gracious neighbor you and your people will be....
Re: Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri by mario383: 8:25pm On Jan 19, 2017
WeNigerDelta:

When you're a stranger in a place, ask questions from both sides. Just don't assume what those with the highest population tell you as truth...
Did you know the land before the Ijaw and Itsekhiri crisis? Now read the comment above yours from an Ijaw man and stop making yourself look ignorant...
When you give out land to your neighbors and their great grand children come and tell you it's theirs because they've been living there since you gave them.. You can tell me about being peaceful.. When the occupy villages your people fled, rename it and sell it, call it spoils of war.... Come here and tell me how much of a gracious neighbor you and your people will be....
Am sure I am your far senior. As at today, I am a pensioner who worked for the longest period in Warri before I finally pensioned in Lagos. Last three weeks I was in a marriage ceremony in one of the popular churces in Warri. My friend was complaining of why the security men (police) were removed. We were told that they have been sent to Aladja and Ogbe-Ijoh community crises. We had fish farm in Ogbe-Ijoh then. When I asked, I was told that the Aladja community is said to be claiming the the ENTIRE Ogbe'Ijoh and it entire land space uncluding bigger pary of riverine areas. That it belong to them, Aladja. Because of the old nature of both communities, I then knew these wars are common of these communities. But what I told my friend was that the Itsekiris, the Urhobos are usually known for causing more of land troubles. The Izons, normal are not known for first formaters of trouble but they are usually known to be people who recover justoce without looking back. That is my experience while I was there for more than twenty six years though off and on. Did you also withness the big fight between the Izons and the Itsekiris? When a LG was moved away to Burutu? If you want more I will explain. So it is not a matter of being a stranger. Because of my age and the long period I spent there, Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom etc. I can talk much about their records. Thanks.
Re: Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri by jolo26(m): 1:11am On Jan 20, 2017
U claim u knw but u knw notin, no lg waS takin to burutu. In aladjA caSe u talk bout do u knw ogbe ijo won d case ,inquire how they manage to win d. Case if not dat they present document dat DORE NUMA an it$ekiri man gave their fore father$ d land to leave on.
mario383:
Am sure I am your far senior. As at today, I am a pensioner who worked for the longest period in Warri before I finally pensioned in Lagos. Last three weeks I was in a marriage ceremony in one of the popular churces in Warri. My friend was complaining of why the security men (police) were removed. We were told that they have been sent to Aladja and Ogbe-Ijoh community crises. We had fish farm in Ogbe-Ijoh then. When I asked, I was told that the Aladja community is said to be claiming the the ENTIRE Ogbe'Ijoh and it entire land space uncluding bigger pary of riverine areas. That it belong to them, Aladja. Because of the old nature of both communities, I then knew these wars are common of these communities. But what I told my friend was that the Itsekiris, the Urhobos are usually known for causing more of land troubles. The Izons, normal are not known for first formaters of trouble but they are usually known to be people who recover justoce without looking back. That is my experience while I was there for more than twenty six years though off and on. Did you also withness the big fight between the Izons and the Itsekiris? When a LG was moved away to Burutu? If you want more I will explain. So it is not a matter of being a stranger. Because of my age and the long period I spent there, Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom etc. I can talk much about their records. Thanks.
Re: Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri by mario383: 2:22pm On Jan 23, 2017
jolo26:
U claim u knw but u knw notin, no lg waS takin to burutu. In aladjA caSe u talk bout do u knw ogbe ijo won d case ,inquire how they manage to win d. Case if not dat they present document dat DORE NUMA an it$ekiri man gave their fore father$ d land to leave on.
My friend, peace will only visit those who love it. I am not from your region, but my little experience while there shows your uncooperative attitude with others, I will always pray for the Izons even if I am not from there. When people decides to coin names and only plans to to take over villages, towns, creeks etc. of others, am sure peace will always elude those tribes.My last advise is for you people to live together with your neighbours. I have always consider that fact. Why on earth should a people refuse to live peacefully with their neighbours. Thanks, final full stop

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AFCON 2019: Buhari Hails Super Eagles / Buhari, Ministers, Wale Tinubu, Dangote, Others To Depart For Saudi Arabia / APC Bars Political Appointees From Participating In Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.