Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

3ds Max Face Rig - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3ds Max Face Rig (13085 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) / 3ds Max/vray Tutorials / My 3ds Max Renders (beginner) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3ds Max Face Rig by NWFX(m): 8:03pm On Nov 26, 2009
HI GUYS

CAT IS A PLUGIN FOR MAX THAT MAKES ANIMATION grin A BREEZE. JUST STARTED THIS FACE RIG SO,

Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by NWFX(m): 8:05pm On Nov 26, 2009
and this

Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by NWFX(m): 8:08pm On Nov 26, 2009
next

Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by NWFX(m): 8:12pm On Nov 26, 2009
this

Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by NWFX(m): 8:18pm On Nov 26, 2009
next

Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by NWFX(m): 8:29pm On Nov 26, 2009
pissed

Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by NWFX(m): 9:18pm On Nov 26, 2009
vray render

Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by NWFX(m): 4:36am On Nov 27, 2009
next

Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by wilsonhaze(m): 5:46pm On Nov 29, 2009
Nice, do you have a website?
Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by NWFX(m): 5:51pm On Nov 29, 2009
no but i'm working on it.Should be up soon.
Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by vertexroya(m): 7:43pm On Nov 29, 2009
Vool, I'm prety advanced in generating face morphes now,
all I need is an assistant to help me create animated Videos.
Pls let me know if you are interested.

IK.
Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by melvi: 12:21pm On Nov 30, 2009
Nice work.
Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by Kemjisuper(m): 12:41pm On Nov 30, 2009
Good job man!

I gotta start shopping for Software. I'm stuck with ancients grin Cheers
Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by NWFX(m): 11:27pm On Dec 09, 2009
something new's coming up! stay tuned !
Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by CGKing(m): 12:05pm On Dec 10, 2009
NWFX,

I admire your efforts men, its a major step and an inspiration to me.
Looks like i gonna be needing your help. How can i get that CAT plugin and Vray as well.
Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by xothermik(m): 8:42pm On Dec 10, 2009
ha c.g king! shocked . i swear i started wonderin if something happened to you. what a time off the forum. you still hunting for vray? tongue . dud its like exactly a year since u first asked me where to get it. anyway best of luck.
nwfx pretty nice work. was desperate to get my hands on cat for max once and did'nt. angry. how ever im now glad i didnt then because i would'nt have learnt some of the rigging techniques i do now by creating a similar set'up from scratch which is quite helpful  smiley  in rigging not just heads but anything in general.
Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by NWFX(m): 12:52pm On Dec 11, 2009
you can google it. It really cool to use.

@xothermik

cat does not do magic.you don't bring in your mesh and hit "RIG".it's either you adjust a preset rig to fit your mesh like max's biped or you create it from scratch using bones like i did.I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT ONE CAN'T JUMP TO RIGGING A FACE WITHOUT KNOWING HOW TO RIG OTHER PARTS OF THE BODY THAT I CONSIDER EASIER.it's not like there are many facial animation lying around compared to other parts of the body.The question is speed and efficiency.If you're using max and want to do character animation or any type of animation for that matter,cat makes it easier.that's what i'm saying.sooner or later,EVERYONE USING MAX WILL START USING CAT anyways as autodesk scraps the traditional BIPED SYSTEM ! Now's the time to get it.I only use plugins when the outcome is faster and better than anything max has to offer.Like FumeFx ! CAT feels like it should have been part of MAXand it's in the talks.If the Animation looks better or setup multiple character rigs within hours? why not go with it ? My client dosen't care if i created the rig from heaven or if i used cat.The outcome is the deal!
Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by xothermik(m): 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2009
ok man no problem its all good keep up the good work grin
Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by CGKing(m): 11:24am On Dec 14, 2009
see o, xothermik,

Well nothing happened to me o, i had a couple of trainings that took me off the animation track for a while. For the Vray thing, 's looking like the devil knows that once i get it, I gonna put him outta business so he's tryin ta cause some delay. grin. lol Got it twice and it was plain virus.

Its good to hear from you again buddy and im sure by now ur zbrush modeling would be out of Naija. . We gotta talk o. Leme show you what we are into these days.
Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by aphek: 2:46pm On Dec 14, 2009
@NWFX
Using plugins can be great. What if you find yourself in a studio that build their facial rigs
from ground up? I have and use CAT plugin. But I still find it facinating to build my morph target,
play around with the wire parameters. It is interesting to note that I find creating facial rigs
alot easier than creating a cartoony rig that support squash and stretch with the proper volume
displacement at the proper places.
Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by NWFX(m): 5:45pm On Dec 14, 2009
@aphek

ofcourse it's very necessary to be able to build a rig from scratch as u mentioned,as one may be stuck if in a situation where there is no CAT(or any plugin for that matter) on any of the systems you're about to work with or a situation where the production demands base rigs.However,depending on the workflow,cat allows you to animate quickly because of its animation layering system which isn't present or very clunky in max.As a matter of fact cat should be the new biped system 2.0 (my suggestion!).I actually got cat because of the animation layering and not the rigging per say but in all KNOWING HOW TO BUILD RIGS FROM SCRATCH IS VERY IMPORTANT ! NO DOUBT! TRUE TALK BRO!
Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by reactor: 9:38am On Dec 15, 2009
NWFX:

@aphek

cat allows you to animate quickly because of its animation layering system which isn't present or very clunky in max.

max had animaton layering since max 9 sp2. its even maya that just included it in 2010. you could even increase the weight of the animation you layered to a level that even tears your character apart or even go negative to do the reverse effect of your animation i.e u could turn a slight hop into a slight squat, do other layers and bake the final animation when u are satisfied with the whole thing.u could also build a scalable facial rig that you could resize and fit without messing up the space matrix. i find those even more customisable to the character and have option of addendums. thats not to say that cat is not useful for certain stuff tho.
Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by NWFX(m): 2:44pm On Dec 15, 2009
@ reactor

I just upgraded to max2010 and will check it out and see how it holds up.Thanks! for the info i must admit i didn't know until now.I use max 8 for most part even though i have max2009 installed.(only used for rendering cos it has vray installed).
Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by riyadhsd: 7:30pm On Jan 17, 2010
Hello how r u? This is Riyadh , I have cat plugins bt I can't use it, Plz help me where can I get tutorial, I use max9 , & softimage cat 3.0, Thanks
Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by ANIMATION: 1:48pm On Feb 06, 2010
Hi guys if you are interested in real animation training using CINEMA 4D you will need the following 6 volumes of training videos/tutorials. this is a breakdown of what the pack contains. (send me a mail if u are interested vebekola@yahoo.com)

CINEMA 4D Training Volume 1 - Design & Visualization
CINEMA 4D Training Volume 2 - Radiosity Interiors
CINEMA 4D Training Volume 3 - Non-Organic Modeling
CINEMA 4D Training Volume 4 - Advanced Lighting & Rendering in R9.5
CINEMA 4D Training Volume 5 - Hair Styling & Rendering
CINEMA 4D Training Volume 6 - Animation in R10

call(08131556764) send mail to vebekola@yahoo.com.
Re: 3ds Max Face Rig by Iyke123: 5:15am On Aug 15, 2016
NWFX:
@ reactor

I just upgraded to max2010 and will check it out and see how it holds up.Thanks! for the info i must admit i didn't know until now.I use max 8 for most part even though i have max2009 installed.(only used for rendering cos it has vray installed).

Hi NWFX, Can i get your email address

(1) (Reply)

Breathtaking And Amazing Hand Arts / Lovely Art Paintings / How To Crop Video In Sony Vegas Pro: Tutorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.