Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,537 members, 7,801,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

How To Raise Money To Start A Business In 2017 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Raise Money To Start A Business In 2017 (784 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? / 8 Ways To Raise Capital For Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Raise Money To Start A Business In 2017 by adekalumichael: 1:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
HOW TO RAISE MONEY TO START A BUSINESS IN 2017

Many people have the dream of running a business someday but what creates a lot of challenge to such dream is CAPITAL to run the business.
Below in my opinion are ways one can raise money to finance his dreamed business.

1) Through earned salary: You can raise money through monthly salary by ensuring some percentage goes to savings. Though some people finds this difficult but gradually a cent contributed overtime will amount to a promising dollar someday.
I find this hard to do because once I remember I have money in my bank account, I may be forced by daily responsibilities as a married man to plunge into it. To help out in solving this, I joined a cooperative where I save a fixed amount monthly. The rule of the cooperative is that if one defaults, you will pay with interest for not meeting up. In essence, one must be disciplined in taking this option.

[img][/img]

2)Volunteer To Participate in a Project: When you volunteer in community project or other forms of teamwork, you can realise some cash. Most of these projects may show voluntary obligations, you may task people through a smile or a signpost that may carry writing such as “Contribute to this good work in appreciation”. By so doing, you keep people at liberty to think of any goodwill cash that can say a loud THANK YOU.
I remember joining league with some friends in helping some houses with their gutters and in filling potholes of an estate every environmental day. The cash released would be shared by everyone and we all smile home.
[img][/img]

3)Through Loans or other credit facilities:
There are various loans available for business starters or owners, though they may be subject to various clauses and one must have a good business plan to show how you are meant to realise profit and other ongoing of the business. Banks, cooperatives or one’s company could be a helpful source to get loans or credit facilities to run a business.
When working with a company, I had access to loans, the payback was spread over some long months and it was easy for me to access and refund. Do not apply for a loan with an unimaginable suicidal interest because of the pressure of starting your business. Ensure you read all terms and conditions before you apply for one.
[img][/img]

4)Through skill or craftwork: While engaging your skill or talents in what you know how to do best, you can raise money to start a new business. You can work as an apprentice, or display your craftworks, even roll out entertainment through music and many other things that people find interesting and are willing to pay for.
I instruct people in AutoCad, 3dsmax, cinema 4d, after effect and some other related softwares for 3d animation and graphics. Through it I purchased a popcorn machine and other valuable assets.
[img][/img]

[b]5)Through family and friends supports: [/b]You can also let family and friends alike know about what you are intending to do, they can gather support for you through their contributions. Some can even volunteer to help with some materials you would need in starting up as well as information that would aid sweet running of the business. Where some people get it wrong is by not breaking down their pick up capital which makes it easier to know whom to approach for what and which.
The options are so much but we neglect them daily due to the complexity of man’s nature. I have tried most of the highlighted options above in some businesses, I got my success and failure too. Undoubtedly, one of these would surely work out if one diligently follow it to the core.
Should you need any help concerning this and any other issue on how to raise cash for your business, you are free to ask. I will help to my best of knowledge except giving you my ATM

Re: How To Raise Money To Start A Business In 2017 by adekalumichael: 2:59pm On Jan 24, 2017
Please help someone else by sharing with them.

#CreditTheSource
Re: How To Raise Money To Start A Business In 2017 by adekalumichael: 4:59pm On Jan 30, 2017
An advice better than stealing or involving in a shady stuff to raise a capital for that business of yours.
Re: How To Raise Money To Start A Business In 2017 by Chukabiz(m): 8:19pm On Jan 30, 2017
...Noted

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Fiverr Reviews For #1800 Alone / Happy Birthday To Mr. Tony.O.Elumelu!!!! / Naira Rebounds As CBN Intervene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.