Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,328 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C (2707 Views)

My 2004 Corolla Does Not Accelerate Well / Honda Accord 1999/2000 Can Not Accelerate / My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C by spora(m): 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2017
I have a 2008 Toyota Yaris that I bought in 2010. The car developed this issue about 2 years ago to which I have spent a lot without any solution:

1. If I press the brake while I motion, it takes a lot of time to pick up speed again when I decided to accelerate again.
2. I will have to press the accelerator to the highest level before it picks up, only to repeat No. 1 above again.
3. If I put on the AC, most times it works. Most times, the car will start vibrating until I am forced to put off the AC. The AC will also start blowing hot.
4. If I am unfortunate to enter "hold-up", the car will be vibrating so vigorously. It also off itself intermittently, which necessitates re-starting everytime.

I have spent a lot on it including taking it to auto-garages for scanning and repairs. I have changed practically everything, including fuel pump, filter, plugs, IC, coil etc etc.

I will be glad to get professional recommendation here.
Re: Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:15pm On Jan 18, 2017
recommendation will be looong so I will not start. Location?
Re: Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C by mayor2013: 6:49am On Jan 19, 2017
Wherr is your location?
Re: Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C by spora(m): 10:20am On Jan 19, 2017
Lagos

mayor2013:
Wherr is your location?
Re: Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C by mosbus: 12:42pm On Jan 19, 2017
the fault could be from your transmission,but i will advice you to bring it down to my work shop,so that will can run proper diagnosing test on the car.here is my location 11,oke ho,ire-akari,isolo,lagos,very close to KJ or you can also call us on 08032089850,08026941215
Re: Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C by Piyke: 4:30pm On Jan 19, 2017
spora:
I have a 2008 Toyota Yaris that I bought in 2010. The car developed this issue about 2 years ago to which I have spent a lot without any solution:

1. If I press the brake while I motion, it takes a lot of time to pick up speed again when I decided to accelerate again.
2. I will have to press the accelerator to the highest level before it picks up, only to repeat No. 1 above again.
3. If I put on the AC, most times it works. Most times, the car will start vibrating until I am forced to put off the AC. The AC will also start blowing hot.
4. If I am unfortunate to enter "hold-up", the car will be vibrating so vigorously. It also off itself intermittently, which necessitates re-starting everytime.

I have spent a lot on it including taking it to auto-garages for scanning and repairs. I have changed practically everything, including fuel pump, filter, plugs, IC, coil etc etc.

I will be glad to get professional recommendation here.

You need a scan from someone that knows his onions cause a couple of things e.g. faulty accelerator position sensor, trottle position sensor, clogged idle air control valve(vibrating when stationary), knock sensor etc

Scanning would point one in the right direction
Re: Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C by stephcruse(m): 11:08pm On Jan 19, 2017
That is common on yaris, just try to ran a scan first, I have seen a situation where by they changed almost every part on the car but no avail, you can call this guy 08038042709 he will help .
Re: Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C by jjj37: 7:14am On Jan 20, 2017
Check your transmission fluid level - low trans fluid level = low power from acceleration.

Check your fuel supply line - fuel pump, spark plugs, injectors.

Check your air intake system - maf metres, sensors, throttle systems, air filter. Etc

Exactly of your problems above happened to me on my Corolla 2010. I solve it with added trans oil and working on the throttle system.!

1 Like

Re: Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C by spora(m): 11:58am On Jan 20, 2017
Thank you, all. I am learning
Re: Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C by BestvalueEnt(m): 8:23am On Nov 25, 2018
spora:
Thank you, all. I am learning
Good morning Spora ,
Please were you able to get a solution to this your yaris issue ?
If Yes
Kindly chat me up on 08035543262 or drop your digit
My car has this same issue .
Thank you.
Re: Toyota Yaris Does Not Accelerate And Shakes On A/C by LUDATRAVELS(m): 10:18am On Nov 25, 2018
BestvalueEnt:

Good morning Spora ,
Please were you able to get a solution to this your yaris issue ?
If Yes
Kindly chat me up on 08035543262 or drop your digit
My car has this same issue .
Thank you.
There was a similar Yaris with same problem that Autologic successfully fix when I was undergoing training with him .Look for Autologic to fix this issue for you .

(1) (Reply)

. / Where To Find Fuel In Lagos??? / Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.