Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. (4409 Views)

10 Tips For Talking About Jesus / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? / 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Niyi53(m): 11:15pm On Nov 26, 2009
The christians belief that jesus died on the cross, is not supported by the bible. I am surprised to see them believing in a thing not supported by the bible. The resurrection theory, ascension theory, redeemtion theory, etc is against the clear biblical teaching. Therefore, i need a christian who is convinced and understand very well, his/her religion, be he a pastor, bishop, reverend etc, to prove to me with evidences from the BIBLE that jesus really died on the cross. Whatever one believes in must be supported by the book of the religion he claims to follow.
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Niyi53(m): 9:15am On Nov 27, 2009
The christians should be bold enough to defend their belief, and their theories.
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 27, 2009
This tread of your is irrelevant. why dont you read the bible to know the truth. well, you can get the fact that Jesus died on the cross on matthew 27:45-50
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Niyi53(m): 3:03pm On Nov 27, 2009
aksat:

This tread of your is irrelevant. why dont you read the bible to  know the truth. well, you can get the fact that Jesus died on the cross on matthew 27:45-50
thats no proof because the 4 gospels are contradicting each other concerning this. Study the gospels and see for yourself. Moreover Jesus has predict his rescue from the death on the cross in matthew 12:40. Pls if you are not convince then explain the verse to me(matt. 12:40)
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Twend: 4:15pm On Nov 27, 2009
niyi ,yje 4 gospel showed clearly dat JESUS CHRIST was nailed to the cross,check out wat JOHN 19vs15,18 & 23,LUKE 23v 21, MARK 15v 24, MATTHEW 27vs 22-31. All the gospel neva hid the fact that JESUS was nailed on d cross & shed his blood 4 d redemission o our sin.
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 27, 2009
@Niyi53, it is you that is contradicting yourself. How can a someone go to the grave without death. mat 12-40 is not talking about the rescue of Jesus. Jesus was talking about Jonah as a sign for the people that He was going to be in the grave for three days. If you are not clear with KJV read another version for clarity.read it from vs 38 to 42
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Niyi53(m): 4:57pm On Nov 27, 2009
Twend:

niyi ,yje 4 gospel showed clearly dat JESUS CHRIST was nailed to the cross,check out wat JOHN 19vs15,18 & 23,LUKE 23v 21, MARK 15v 24, MATTHEW 27vs 22-31. All the gospel neva hid the fact that JESUS was nailed on d cross & shed his blood 4 d redemission o our sin.
i do not say that he was not nailed on the cross, rather what i am saying is that he did not die there.
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Niyi53(m): 5:11pm On Nov 27, 2009
aksat:

@Niyi53, it is you that is contradicting yourself. How can a someone go to the grave without death. mat 12-40 is not talking about the rescue of Jesus. Jesus was talking about Jonah as a sign for the people that He was going to be in the grave for three days. If you are not clear with KJV read another version for clarity.read it from vs 38 to 42
i am not contradicting myself. When you said that jesus was a sign for the jews, and he is similar to jonah. It is known that jonah was not dead before entering the fish, nor was he dead at the time he was in it, and he finaly came out of it alive. Therefore if jesus is to be similar to him, it means that he was not dead on the cross nor when he was brought down, that why we have in john 19:34 that blood and water came out of his body when he was pierced. Ask anybody is the coming out of blood from ones body not a sign of life, which is the result of the pumping of the heart.
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by CrazyMan(m): 12:17am On Nov 28, 2009
@Niyi

Read luke 23: verse 27 to the end and I hope it would answer your question.
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 28, 2009
Hey I think I am waisting my time arguing with you. you are just arguing blindly. It is the bible that tells you that Jesus was nailed to the cross and you believed it; you were not there, it is the same bible that tells you that Jesus died on the cross and why is it difficult for you to believe. matthew 27 45-50 tells that Jesus died on the cross, if you dont believe it, then it is worse than you saying Jesus never existed.

I dont know if you are a muslim or a christain but the account of Jesus was in the quran aswell but the quran did not records that Jesus died on the cross according to the quran, He died a normal death. If the quran records that He died on the cross, then the muslim will be forced believe that He ressurected and that would have settled the fact that Jesus is the Son of God.
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Niyi53(m): 12:08pm On Nov 28, 2009
aksat:

Hey I think I am waisting my time arguing with you. you are just arguing blindly. It is the bible that tells you that Jesus was nailed to the cross and you believed it; you were not there, it is the same bible that tells you that Jesus died on the cross and why is it difficult for you to believe. matthew 27 45-50 tells that Jesus died on the cross, if you dont believe it, then it is worse than you saying Jesus never existed.

I dont know if you are a muslim or a christain but the account of Jesus was in the quran aswell but the quran did not records that Jesus died on the cross according to the quran, He died a normal death. If the quran records that He died on the cross, then the muslim will be forced believe that He ressurected and that would have settled the fact that Jesus is the Son of God.

i am a muslim. The bible is giving different stories for the same event. I am asking you to prove or at least explain what jesus meant by been a sign like jonah. Hw is he similar? Or is it that this prophesy did not come true? If so, then jesus is not a true one of God. The gospel have different story of how he died:
lets start from where the cross was been carried,it is said a man of Cyrene, simon by name was compelled to bear the cross to Golgotha(matt. 27:32-33). John says jesus himself bearded it (john 19:17)
then the four gospels do not agree in quoting the very short inscription which, as they say was set ur over jesus' head when he was put on the cross: matthew(27:37): "THIS IS JESUS KING OF THE JEWS"
mark(15:26): "THE KING OF THE JEWS
luke(23:38): THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS".
John(19:19):"JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS".
The time of crucifixion: mark says:it was the (third hour) when they crucified him(mark 15:25) but john says it was about the (sixth hour) when pilate "delivered" jesus to the jews.(john19:14), matt and luke only mentioned that from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.
How did jesus give up the ghost? Matt: jesus when he had (cried again with) (a loud voice), yielded up the ghost (27:50)
mark:he (cried with a love voice), and gave up the ghost (mark 15:27)
luke: when he cried with a loud voice, he said : father in Thy hands i commend my spirit; and having said thus, he gave up the ghost(luke 28:46).
John:when jesus, therefore, had recieved the vinegar he said it is finished, and he bowed his head and gave up the ghost(john 19:30).
Now, if you are in love with a person, and it is said that the person is dead, hearing reports like this will make you have hope that the person is not dead. At that time, there was no science. Now that there is science, doctors even mis pronounce somebody dead talk less mea time of no science. After he was brought down, in john, it is said that his side was pierced and blood with water, came out. This to a medical student, is a sign of life, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. Its because of your belief that he died for your sins that you dont want to accept this. You dont want to deprive yourself of the 'false benefit'. BE SURE THAT IGNORING OR DENYING A FACT DOES NOT FALSIFY IT.
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by camry2008: 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2009
Niyi53:

The christians belief that jesus died on the cross, is not supported by the bible. I am surprised to see them believing in a thing not supported by the bible. The resurrection theory, ascension theory, redeemtion theory, etc is against the clear biblical teaching. Therefore, i need a christian who is convinced and understand very well, his/her religion, be he a pastor, bishop, reverend etc, to prove to me with evidences from the BIBLE that jesus really died on the cross. Whatever one believes in must be supported by the book of the religion he claims to follow.

Uncle, i will advice u to desist from the act of blasphemy, belive ur own religion and mind it, for what shall it profit u to do all this- may GOD for give u
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 28, 2009
At least christians have evidene poutside the bible to prove the crucification of Jesus and the existence of christianty during the roman era but there is no evidence anywhere outside the koran to substantiate the claim that islam existed before prophet mohamed.

The roman historian tacitus confirmed the death of Jesus in the first century
Tacitus writes

Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind. Mockery of every sort was added to their deaths. Covered with the skins of beasts, they were torn by dogs and perished, or were nailed to crosses, or were doomed to the flames and burnt, to serve as a nightly illumination, when daylight had expired
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Krayola(m): 3:02pm On Nov 28, 2009
The Gospel authors had no idea, as far as I know, that "Christianity" was going to become a world religion. They had no idea they were writing scripture. They had no idea their different accounts were going to be side by side in a book that would become the "code-of -conduct" for hundreds of millions, maybe billions, of people. They were just trying to spread the "Good News" about the life of Jesus, and what they believed it represented, to people in their communities. It wasn't some conspiracy to deceive the world. These things just take on lives of their own. . . .
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 28, 2009
@ Niyi53, it is intresting to know that you read the Bible a lot. But as long as you are reading it to find fault against the Christains, you can never understand you will just get the literal meaning but the real meaning can be shown to people who read it to get knowledge.

The Four Gospel i.e Matt, mark,luke,John. These books are similar in some places and they are different in some cases. the book of Matthew is the gospel according to matthew and mark according to mark and so on. the fact that mark said third hour and john said sixth hour doesnt mean that the Bible is contradictory but it shows that the four gospels were not copied from each other but it was written according to the way each of them sees it.
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Niyi53(m): 5:34pm On Nov 28, 2009
Quote author=aksat link=topic=358001.msg5010755#msg5010755 date=1259420354]
@ Niyi53, it is intresting to know that you read the Bible a lot. But as long as you are reading it to find fault against the Christains, you can never understand you will just get the literal meaning but the real meaning can be shown to people who read it to get knowledge.

The Four Gospel i.e Matt, mark,luke,John. These books are similar in some places and they are different in some cases. the book  of Matthew is the gospel according to matthew and mark according to mark and so on. the fact that mark said third hour and john said sixth hour doesnt mean that the Bible is contradictory but it shows that the four gospels were not copied from each other but it was written according to the way each of them sees it.
[quote][/quote]is it what one is writting according to the way he sees we call the 'word of God'? Or is it hw God revealed to them? Pls explain to me what the word of God is.
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Abuzola11(m): 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2009
@aksat, why not provide a perfect answer instead of circumambulating
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 28, 2009
@ niyi, I will say that it is both, because God reveals to them by allowing them to see it.

Go and check the bible especially KJV. the book of matthew is titled '' THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO MATTHEW '' likewise mark,luke and John.

The Word of God is forever settled in Heaven. It is a mystery and No one can question God about it. That is why the Bible says, No one is permitted to add to it or to remove from it.
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Abuzola11(m): 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2009
This alone shows that jesus wasn't God, hear what jesus said

John 20:17

'jesus said to her (mary magdalene),'Do not hold me, for i have not yet ascended to the father,

but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my father and your father, to my God and your God'
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2009
@ abuzola thank God you coted this verse. But you muslims did not believe that Jesus is the Son of God, at least now you believe.

back to your post

Abuzola 1:

This alone shows that jesus wasn't God, hear what jesus said

John 20:17

'jesus said to her (mary magdalene),'Do not hold me, for i have not yet ascended to the father,

but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my father and your father, to my God and your God'

well, I cannot blame you for lack of understanding the Bible said it that the things of the Kingdom is foolish in the eyes of those that are perishing. Jesus is a member of the Trinity, Three in one God, God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
The account of the Trinity is a mystery that no one should search. if you want to know about the Trinity, ask God to reveal it to you
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Abuzola11(m): 11:06pm On Nov 28, 2009
Jesus cannot be God because he told the disciples that he is going to the father, his God and ur God like you read in the verse above. So no hiden agenda
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by mazaje(m): 11:12pm On Nov 28, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Jesus cannot be God because he told the disciples that he is going to the father, his God and your God like you read in the verse above. So no hiden agenda

Can you show me where the name Jesus was written in the Koran?. . . . .
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Abuzola11(m): 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2009
Shut up, jesus is Isa
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Easel(m): 11:31pm On Nov 28, 2009
Jesus is Lord.
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Niyi53(m): 6:35am On Nov 29, 2009
aksat:

@ niyi, I will say that it is both, because God reveals to them by allowing them to see it.

Go and check the bible especially KJV. the book of matthew is titled  '' THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO MATTHEW '' likewise mark,luke and John.

The Word of God is forever settled in Heaven. It is a mystery and No one can question God about it. That is why the Bible says, No one is permitted to add to it or to remove from it.
are you sure that there is no contradiction or nothing is been added to it nor removed, in/from the bible you called the 'word of God'?
Pls reconcile this: in john (3:22-26 and 4:1-3) we are told that even before john was put in prison, jesus had started preaching his message and baptizing people. But in matthew (4:12-17) and mark(1:14-15) we are told that jesus started preaching after john's imprisonment.
According to luke (3:23) joseph, the husband of mary, was the son of Heli; but according to matt. (1:16) he was the son of jacob.
In luke (24:50-51) we are told that jesus was carried up into heaven at Bethany. But in the acts (1:12) we read that the ascension took place on a mount called Olivet.
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Abuzola11(m): 7:05am On Nov 29, 2009
Lol delusion
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by muhsin(m): 2:15pm On Nov 29, 2009
Abuzola. . . cool
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by modupe01: 2:52pm On Nov 29, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Shut up, jesus is Isa

Can you tell us what you then call Esau in the Qur'an?
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Abuzola11(m): 2:53pm On Nov 29, 2009
Dan uwana wallahi nagaji da NL, na aika maka sako a face book ka duba kagani
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Abuzola11(m): 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2009
It is not Eso or esu, simply Isa
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by modupe01: 3:05pm On Nov 29, 2009
Abuzola 1:

It is not Eso or esu, simply Isa

Haven't you heard of Esau the twin brother of Jacob who were both children of Isaac the son of Abraham or doesn't he have a name in your Qur'an?
Re: The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross. by Abuzola11(m): 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2009
If it has, how does it concern you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is So Special About Human Life? / Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? / Chris Oyakhilome: Is He A Man From The Devil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.