Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,578 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

MY HANDS ,my Thoughts..... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / MY HANDS ,my Thoughts..... (602 Views)

Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / LOVE ME AGAIN. By: Loudest Thoughts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MY HANDS ,my Thoughts..... by REDInks(m): 2:37am On Jan 19, 2017
CVE 411
GOD you are merciful,I muttered to myself as I rolled on my bed...*guy small small na*my bunkmate intercepted my thoughts,I just smiled and sat up ,it was the last day of my examinations after which I intend to propose a loving relationship to a beautiful girl I have always had a soft spot in my heart, then my d.p would read 400level 90% complete,yes I shouted..........
*Guy wetin dey sup na,you sure say you don wake up..guy just try sleep abeg* Steve was still looking at me in a funny way as I jumped off my bed still carrying a boyish grin on my face like someone who got a scholarship,MTN to be precise because "that one na block".

Steve *how far na*I finally spoke to the short black boy who was smaller than me but truly both of us are among the smallest guys in our 400level class, *I dey o*he replied without looking at my face,*how your I.T wan go now*I persisted trying to shake him of the bad dream of a course he was trying to understand "CVE 411" and I know deep down the prayer is *Oluwa help your children o*,*guy try go sleep* was the reply I got from this bad mouthed short politician as I moved towards my cupboard to get my toothpaste and toothbrush heading towards the lawn of unit 2 ,Akanu ibiam hall..while my mind wanders wide to the I.T placement promised by our family friend in Julius berger construction company.

I soon finished brushing my teeth and then I proceed to take my bath *the bathroom dey smell die,but wetin man go do* I rushed my bath and I got dressed ,getting ready for CVE 411the last exam of 400 level,CVE 411 structural analysis,the lecturer Engr.Adeshina has always been in the bad book of my course mates but that's for later ,because it's all about finishing the exam with an A or B in mind since I had read the course during the Christmas break before the shifting of exams to February.

*How far na steve shey you don ready,make we dey march*he just packed up his books and gave me my calculator which I placed in my pocket then he said *NANS na to write the exam o ,any how any how we go survive because adeshina na cast* I just smiled so that I won't say what will make me forget the crammed formulas ...oya na
Soon we were in Faculty of Engineering and D.O 2 was the exam venue .....*na so I just weak because formation don cast*

Wanna find out what happened next....
EAZYkiel begins his series o short stories MY HANDS MY THOUGHTS............
CVE 411 part 2 coming soon .....by to type dey hard o GOD
Re: MY HANDS ,my Thoughts..... by REDInks(m): 2:46am On Jan 19, 2017
CVE 411 pt 2
We were soon seated in the hall and I can tell you there's no way ,I'm going to get defensive passes from my midfielder to score the correct number of goals in this exam but at least *na to score 3 goals (questions),then see wetin community effort fit do then move ahead*......my close friend ofuah Denim was sitting behind me ,and a carryover student beside me but this guy was in 500 level ,this final year guy is known for pestering in exams bringing answer instability up to 5° when it matters in structural mechanics of answers but i was still relaxed singing *my trust is in you by David g*,I decided to have a peek at my course mates faces,this semester exams has not been funny at all,because *them don change am for us well well* my course Rep Rocky as he is popularly known was carrying a serious look ,when you know you did not read and sitting arrangement place you in the front of the lecturer ...... *na im be O.YO on your own* ,peter was looking relaxed after all he was a scholar and had tutored me and denim,papa G was also relaxed .......
So I just focused on what's ahead that was when I saw the face of the invigilators of the exam,the most evil one was coming with his signature way of moving alongside Engr.Adeshina and Engr.Osas .......
*which kind wahala be this one na*I whispered to denim who just gave me that *he don finish* smile using his hand to demonstrate the *kill him move*.....settle down ,he said as he separated the question paper and answer booklet adjusting his gold wrist watch in his hand with an evil smile he told audu a very inquisitive student in our class to go and drop his books that the exam is about to start.

In no time the question paper and answer booklets were all shared and the questions my brother *no be child's play* how come he taught simple examples in class but the exam is looking like Masters work with crazy complicated beams and frames ,trust me my face was already dripping sweat hot urine has already gathered in my bladder seeking permission to be expelled but I have to answer at least two questions before i get up from this hall at all ,I took a glance to my right and saw solo, the guy *just dey clean sweat commot for him hand* ,I focused even more as I tackled the first two questions and my eyes just went to my wristwatch that was when I knew it was last 12 pm and we started 11 am that means an extra hour before the end of this exam before i heard Engr ovia shouting he said all of you stand up , I looked up to check and saw him walking towards my seat pointing at me and the two final year students all of you stand up now.....

Give me the phone he shouted as he got closer ,that was when I realised these guys have been using their phones and since I was on the same row ,he thought I was part of the malpractice.Engr Osas please call security and bring malpractice forms what went through my head at that moment was the face of my parents ,my fellowship unit members ,ACSES and even other lecturers when they hear I was suspended from school for two good years *chai my own don finish o*before I managed to explain to him someone just poured water on my face......
*You no know say you go travel abi* it was all a dream o ,as I saw the face of my sister smiling...I quickly got up I was travelling to school that day........##########

Wetin u dey think .....hmmmmm
Pls let's endeavour to prepare well for our exams ,there's excellence in you
©Eazykiel MY HANDS MY THOUGHTS
Re: MY HANDS ,my Thoughts..... by REDInks(m): 2:48am On Jan 19, 2017
Pls its my first time posting my work on Nairaland ,so I have not really learnt the art of using italics ,I would have used it in the pidgin conversation and comments through out my story meanwhile this work is purely fictional and others that will follow might be non fiction
Re: MY HANDS ,my Thoughts..... by REDInks(m): 2:49am On Jan 19, 2017
Pls comments and critics do what you guys know how to do best....help me get better....while I post one of my poems.......
Re: MY HANDS ,my Thoughts..... by REDInks(m): 2:51am On Jan 19, 2017
Eyes stare in laziness at the ceiling,
my mind carry the heavy task of reading,
assignments lay on my table waiting,
But here I lay on my bed day dreaming.

I have never been an anti body to this disease,
it has always overcome my every move with ease,
my prayer point it has remained never to cease,
take this cup away from my mouth o God please.

But with each passing second I drown,
in this river that never dries up to let me see my thoughts,
i remain a puppet,a clown to this king that's always fired up.

But then what remains of my mind is left to seek the right path to follow,
as my eyes close again unable to defeat this lovely enemy,
i embrace with love taking with me my emotions of great antipathy.

A little sleep ,a little slumber and poverty will come upon you like a thief.............©EAZYkiel
#House of Dunamis
#State of mind
Re: MY HANDS ,my Thoughts..... by REDInks(m): 12:56am On Feb 05, 2017
The following story contains characters both fictional and non fictional ,any resemblance with living persons is just purely coincidental ,.......hope my English correct so ,because they can blast person for nairaland.....yes the next story is a pure work of REDINKS ...............
Re: MY HANDS ,my Thoughts..... by REDInks(m): 1:23am On Feb 05, 2017
THE CONSEQUENCE

Mr Akpokona was deep in thought as he walked on the less busy road of owahse that leads through new York to the market across the road ,shops had just been opened by their owners to begin business for the day as they displayed their wares ,some children were still hanging around in front of these shops to purchase one thing or the other ,but most times its usually Bobo drink and biscuit ,Akpokona wondered sometimes why this mothers cannot dedicate time to cook some home made food for their kids to serve as lunch instead of this sweet mouth ,they would even patronise mama rice as the woman was popularly called who sold rice to most lazy mothers on school day morning like this ,he was already going past her shed which was almost the most visited in new york, good morning ma he greeted "eh Omo me how you dey na ?" she replied sending some drops of saliva into the rice she was dishing out for the next customer ,"go come o" she added .
While Akpokona walked towards the new York junction ,eyes were on him because people seem to wonder how such a fine young man would work in a school like NEW AGE PRY/SEC SCHOOL which was just behind the market ,he was about twenty-five years old, with a smallish build which houses a round handsome face ,dark complexioned and smiled quite often looking at him you would think he attended the best university ,but he was just a mere SSCE holder ,who had never seen the opportunity to attend a university or venture into the four walls of a polytechnic but never the less he was sound and was one of the most hardworking teachers in the school and was duly appreciated by the head mistress Mrs. Patience Salome. He seemed to notice himself for the first time since leaving his house ,he had a T-shirt on a black jeans and a black canvas to match ,it was the last day of the third term exam and primary four were having agric-science ,fine art and home-economics, his mind was still on the exam and how the questions were set ,he seemed to wonder why the medium of testing these children was on multiple choice answers answers and why could there not be another medium of determining the science related ones from the art inclined minds but we are in Nigeria ,so who cares?, they follow a trend, a trend that delivered him into the situation he is in ,Uncle…….. his thoughts were intercepted by the nursery one girl who was still clinging to the mothers hand while the other held her Bobo and biscuit he knew her as one of the smartest kid in her class or so the teacher said ,how are you dear? ,he quickly replied and then greeted the mother ,good morning mama cherish, good morning uncle she replied ,looking at her she was only a girl of about nineteen years old but the teenage pregnancy in this part of the of the earth has drastically increased ,so he continued ................
Speaking of smartness ,his mind went to John the brightest kid in his class, if the boy was to score the highest in two of the three remaining subjects very well ,he would reclaim the first position from his counterpart Jane who had bested him the last two terms, Jane had always edged him in class since her arrival in first term and john hated the idea of being outsmarted by a girl but he had no choice than to read harder ,though just nine years of age ,a slim fragile looking lad who was very playful with all his intelligent endowments but has good understanding nature of everything but today was the D-day he was going to decide if he comes out as the best.
Re: MY HANDS ,my Thoughts..... by REDInks(m): 1:27am On Feb 05, 2017
Life itself is a story ,what type of book will yours be.....a comedy, a tragedy an erotica ....it all falls down to you..................

John! john! ma ,he replied ,he was already prepared to go and write his exam ,his uniform of brown shorts and brown checked short sleeves were properly ironed ,his mother came out and looked at him ,"shey you no wan eat go school abi"," because of small exam wey you get ,oya enter house now now ,as I dey see you so" he grumbled some words which was not making any sense to himself as he marched inside the one room apartment to join his two elder sisters for breakfast, his mind was bent on how he can pass all exams with scores higher than that of Jane ,he already knew he would outsmart her in the drawing exams but the agric-science and home economics was something he was not sure of but he had no choice but to join his sisters for breakfast.

Mr. Akpokona was already in school ,when he was called by the head mistress to come carry the question papers for the exam and then informed him, he was to conduct a short assembly and afterwards exam begins immediately ,rather than the normal one hour to allow the revision exercise of the children, she wanted exams to end before or on 12 p.m.
Miracle and promise ,"una try well well o" ,"because of una ,john go commit for house late na",mama john emphasized to the two young girls of about 13 and 15 years old ,the older one replied "na how many minutes to reach their school wey dey behind market ,no be just to cross road then he don reach school","na im go make una go school late ,you wey dwy go after the bridge ,you wan still defend yourself abi",their mother countered directly towards the eldest of the girls, john was already boiling inside this was the same drill everyday he would wait for promise his immediate elder sister who would in turn wait for their neighbours daughters Grace and Favour but today was a little bit different ,they were the one being waited upon.

Mr.Akpokona was sitting in the left hand corner of the primary four class room and was deep in thought why John was still yet to show up for the exams ,it was already 8:30a.m ,thirty minutes into the exam and he was yet to enter the class ,he was first looking out for John hoping to sight him during the general assembly but his eyes searched in vain,he had already mapped out a plan to help the young lad achieve his goal, he already dot the right answers in the boy's question paper , all he needs to do now is to show up,he was going to help him achieve his dream of taking first position.
The boy was nowhere to be found and the class seem quiet and oblivious of the fact that one of its critical member was not writing the exams ,it was only mike a boy of about the same age with John and his best friend that was feeling the heat of the exam ,since he was John's friend and his copy mate and his brilliant friend was yet to show up, Mr.Akpokona conscience was still giving him pricks ,if what he was doing was the right thing to do,was he standing for equality or he was just been inconsiderate because he is man and he also hated the idea of a woman leading or hated women calling the shots ,he was supposed to be fair and not show or attach emotions or sentiments to the job,but here he was trying to display favouritism ,he wouldn't forget so quickly how he was mocked by their maths teacher some years back in secondary school ,junior secondary two to be precise, he came out 5th position surprisingly since he had worked very hard ,it was worst to the extent that Nyerhowho his then sweetheart came out 3rd position ,which was surprising because he knew he was mentally sound and better academically ,but he didn't seem to understand why their form teacher Miss.Beauty would do this ,was it because nyerhowho was her favourite student ,he just couldn't seem to find the right answers, but here he was wanting to do the same or maybe something different from what happened some years back ,allk he needs is the right motion to do it which he was yet to come up with.
Re: MY HANDS ,my Thoughts..... by REDInks(m): 1:30am On Feb 05, 2017
For the unique writers on nairaland that inspired me to post my stories here........ehhhhhhh i no know how to tag but well........oyinprince,skarlett and the best....THANK YOU

FINALLY
The only thing he couldn't seem to believe was that after three hours John was yet to show up ,with the second exam already in progress ,he was only informed at about 12 p.m that John was involved in an accident while trying to cross the road ,no details followed except the fact that he was involved in an accident ,was it his fault ,was it the punishment for his sin that was yet to be committed ,he was just perplexed sitting on the chair ,the second exam going on ..............
Re: MY HANDS ,my Thoughts..... by REDInks(m): 1:33am On Feb 05, 2017
The POEM AS USUAL........let the skies be your solitude and the stars bring you attitude one to shine bright even when its dark....

GUILTY
Only the eyes gave testimony ,
but the mouth ate all the money,
betrayal a song that cannot play,
Its soundtrack has been jammed,
by waddling bundles of naira and euros.

Guilty or not ,his lips will not move,
beauty or his fault his mind could not tell,
nudity of this plot they would love to see,
eyes flare at his fault all that we feel,
he was unwanted like a banana peel.

Tears struggle to met go of its glands,
that held back like the chains on his hands,
they held him bound, he was lost,
and could not be found in this film,
he was the antagonist and this screen,
had rolled his sin and its theme.

He said he would eradicate poverty,
but yet he has brought more tragedy,
the silent roar cried with agony ,
his crime was pronounced more than felony,inside this hall all the crowd wanted to say to him at the end was sorry.

The lord with a wig and a hammer ,
has examined his witness with answers,
and not questions and like glass their ,
defence was in debris,it already shattered,
the sentence was one to put a full stop,
to this fool's plot never again to breathe
the fresh air of freedom.

(1) (Reply)

Buchi Emecheta, Author Of Joy Of Motherhood, Dies @ 72. / Alone In The Dark.. / Danfo Blues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.