Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:51 PM

Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? (10521 Views)

Policeman At A Checkpoint In Ekiti Asks Driver To "Pay" Him Via Bank Transfer / Delta Policemen Abandon All The Bribes They Collected At A Checkpoint / Soldiers Gang-rape AAUA Student At Checkpoint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by chiefoluigwe(m): 8:55am On Jan 19, 2017
lrdval:
Fraudpoint,but still a hustling ground. The salary of this people do not worth their stress. Commot eye for them. Abeg sad

This is a wrong attitude. What they are doing is wrong

1 Like

Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by emmygzy(m): 8:56am On Jan 19, 2017
sexaddict08:
don't know the reason for the sudden increase in number of checkpoints and all of them now want money.
oga at the top, what's the ish? u want build for your mama? that house go kill her ooo
since Solomon arase left, the checkpoints have returned.
Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by chiefoluigwe(m): 8:56am On Jan 19, 2017
This is not Buhari's fault. These criminals have been doing this since the time of Obasanjo
Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by 989900: 9:03am On Jan 19, 2017
PH1stBorn:
I can relate same experience on Owerri-Portharcourt road..sights of brazen extortion and exploitation has made those men on uniform a huge joke. U can imagine the confidence a potential armed robber, militants or suicide bombers will exude on getting to checkpoint knowing that he or she will evade arrest provided they pay their pass fees.
Buhari's administration is treating this issue with kid glove

My experience at Igwuruta junction last December was not a good one, they are practically expert extortionists. I was gon' go crazy with them, then I remembered rule number 2: never argue with a policeman at night (they can murder for free @ nite).

1 Like

Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by Depreacherman(m): 9:06am On Jan 19, 2017
Is actually robbery point.... but see the reasons; is caused by the so called big Ogas on top! From the information I got from a very genuine source, do you know every police on duty Must bring back RETURNS to the office everyday? Do you know every police on duty is responsible of fueling their van? Finally and very important the man on duty must take something home daily! If you want to know the truth take this issue to any police station, it can never be taken serious even if you meet D.P.O, they will pretend to be serious but immediately you leave, they will say see this idiot..... NPF reputation is gone!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by PH1stBorn: 9:10am On Jan 19, 2017
Do u mean the checkpoint by Igwuruta Army range along Igwuruta-Eneka road?
989900:

My experience at Igwuruta junction last December was not a good one, they are practically expert extortionists. I was gon' go crazy with them, then I remembered rule number 2: never argue with a policeman at night (they can murder for free @ nite).
Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by askjohnprosper: 9:12am On Jan 19, 2017
in Rivers State it is #100 per police point. In Abia state #50. please do not attempt to drive along ph./ Aba express without it. Do not say you were not told!
Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by MistaBabz: 9:13am On Jan 19, 2017
The Police is your Friend please LOL. Bunch of cheaters, still yet they always claim to sanitize the rotten policing system in Nigeria. That's why they usually end up been used & dumped like toilet tissues by their seniors mtcheww
Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by 989900: 9:13am On Jan 19, 2017
PH1stBorn:
Do u mean the checkpoint by Igwuruta Army range along Igwuruta-Eneka road?

Igwuruta roundabout just by Skye bank or some bank ( can't remember precisely . . .. I was visiting), but not far from Igwuruta Police station/post.
Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by PH1stBorn: 9:23am On Jan 19, 2017
Yeah, you are right. those guys are rapid response team and are not known to extort during d day time but night
Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by SUPOL(m): 9:40am On Jan 19, 2017
Diiverexii:
My fellow nairalanders, I was baffled yesterday on my way coming from Lagos state to Ekiti state, starting from osun, I encountered close to 30 checkpoint till will get to iyin Ekiti precisely, and all of this checkpoint ensure they collected cashes ranging from 50 naira to 200 naira.

It got to a particular point, we met some soldiers in one of the checkpoint, there was a fire burning at the other end of the road almost getting to the main road were we and other cars queued as ordered by the soldiers, and lo and behold, we passengers started screaming, let us get out from this fire area, the next thing their superior will say is , "WHO SCREAMED? EVERYBODY OYA COME DOWN" I was shocked, all because of 50 naira

Another checkpoint we got to , a particular policeman was even telling the driver when he said he has no 50 naira "I CAN SEE THE 100 NAIRA IN YOUR POCKET, I WILL GIVE YOU 50 NAIRA CHANGE". I opened my mouth for five minutes and couldn't close it. I was forced to read the name on his tag , he goes by the name "OGUNSEMOYIN" couldn't decipher the other name on the tag.

My question is, when will T. Fare not Increase because of this theives in uniform?

you cant say you want to come downtown and go back to Lagos the same day, it is not possible, because thus riff Raff's succeeded in wasting 2 hours of my time on the road, a journey of 5 hours eventually took 7 hours due to incessant stopping on the road

and my conclusion is should we blame iron buhari regime or selfish nature of this humans?
Are u reporting ur driver to us? That he gave bribe to d police or don't u know that both d giver n d receiver are both criminally responsible in d case of bribery n corruption. Pls tell ur driver to stop bribing d police and allow them to do there job. If I see that ur driver I will arrest him first before going for d name u dropped here.
Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by johnbosco5a(m): 9:41am On Jan 19, 2017
lrdval:
Fraudpoint,but still a hustling ground. The salary of this people do not worth their stress. Commot eye for them. Abeg sad
who told u so... police are one of the highly paid civil servants...be sure of ur facts.
Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by oluFELAxy(m): 9:47am On Jan 19, 2017
sexaddict08:

give police N20 and see wetin go happen to you.

Nothing will happen.... Shey after I don zoom off

I boarded a bus one day, the driver just squeezed a #10 in the hand of the police officer and zoom off... The police were only looking and pointing at his bus.
Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by nizetee: 10:13am On Jan 19, 2017
Police is your pseudo friend grin grin grin

Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by onemmanuel(m): 10:24am On Jan 19, 2017
Whether they earn penny do not guarantee Checkpoint Extortion. the Nigeria Police Force is under the Federal Government unlike USA which has both the Federal and State Police Force. The solution lies on the Federal Government. the Federal Government under the Ministry of Police/ Police Department need to create a police watchdog, which will control any fraudulent practices exhibited by the police officers. also, the Federal Government should increase their salaries, that way irrelevant excuses or further extortion will not be perpetuated by them. If found, allotted punishment should be given. ONE NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by Codedboy95(m): 10:57am On Jan 19, 2017
SUPOL:
Are u reporting ur driver to us? That he gave bribe to d police or don't u know that both d giver n d receiver are both criminally responsible in d case of bribery n corruption. Pls tell ur driver to stop bribing d police and allow them to do there job. If I see that ur driver I will arrest him first before going for d name u dropped here.
What is this one saying?.. i am not understanding. go and check for the meaning of bribe..

1 Like

Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by Diiverexii(f): 11:44am On Jan 19, 2017
kidman96:

30 checkpoints in less than 5 hours... You people will just pick up ur phone and type unsubstantiated lies about the Nigeria Police then dump here and cc. Lalasticlala and the next thing its on front page. It is a disgrace to this forum and I am personally disappointed at lalasticlala. You dont seem to understand the power of information because if you do you wouldn't allow unconfirmed reporting or write ups from unknown individuals or unknown media platform head straight to front page. Is nairaland a dump? This has to stop.

You can ban for the next 10years that's ur problem.

#shame.

Do me a favour
Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by Diiverexii(f): 11:45am On Jan 19, 2017
kidman96:

30 checkpoints in less than 5 hours... You people will just pick up ur phone and type unsubstantiated lies about the Nigeria Police then dump here and cc. Lalasticlala and the next thing its on front page. It is a disgrace to this forum and I am personally disappointed at lalasticlala. You dont seem to understand the power of information because if you do you wouldn't allow unconfirmed reporting or write ups from unknown individuals or unknown media platform head straight to front page. Is nairaland a dump? This has to stop.

You can ban for the next 10years that's ur problem.

#shame.

you think m jobless to come and type that and u calling it a lie

you know what , do me a favour , pass thru dat route tomorrow, den come and give me feedback
Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by Ayowumie(m): 11:45am On Jan 19, 2017
The only solution to this issue for motorist to stop paying. Get your documents rights, put vehicles in rights shape be courteous to the officers.
I dare any officer that would force to give him/her money. I dont give police officers money and i am ready to withstand any 'time-wasting' officers because of that.

1 Like

Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by mrikay: 11:49am On Jan 19, 2017
Let me tell you a secret: Police, if forced away from the roads, can actually go on armed robbery.

I can tell you that they even rent their riffles to robbers who use them to operate at nite.

Removing them from the roads is therefore not the solution, but the complete dissolution of that moribund agency.

Sack all of them patapata and then either shoot them, or put to work in the farm.

2 Likes

Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by Diiverexii(f): 11:50am On Jan 19, 2017
SUPOL:

do u know d power of a gun?
Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by franklynsunny(m): 1:02pm On Jan 19, 2017
Fraud point
Salary for police is bad
Some tif in police uniform are driving round d street of otta wit detained car to extort any young looking rich guy for yahoo
Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by Canme4u(m): 1:57pm On Jan 19, 2017
from Oyo state to Lagos if am not mistaken, you will meet up to 25 checkpoints including Army and police, non will collect anything less than #100 and from mile 2 to Badagry nah #200 for police while Mopol and Army usually collect from #500 to #2000 there is one checkpoint before Badagry their Oga claim they are from Area F if ma memory could serve me right. They will not collect anything less than #500 if you argue its automatic #1000 to #2000 for you or he delay you.

There was even a day we met some mobile police at one police station along mile 2/Badagry express way. We gave them #200 for our buss while the patrol police also wanted to collect another money from us from the same checkpoint. The one we gave money to asked us to go while the bastard on the patrol team insist we pay him as well.
We left and they purssle us in their patrol vehicle. He almost shot at us that day. Come see drama, the guy is riked of alcohol, he slapped me and my guy, he even used his gun to hit us. At the end of the day after delayed us for more than 3hours, they collected additional #1500 from us mainly because they could not agree on sharing formula. The one we first paid that told us not to give him anything because the checking point wasn't his bit was unable t help us.
However, have handed his matter to those that are way above us. Who knows what has become of him now. It's non of my business anyway cos if that has happened, he mearly reap what he sowed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by Bayodele19(f): 3:36pm On Jan 19, 2017
there was a day, i was coming from ilesha, meeting this same police fraudpoint, A policeman with the name Afolabi Kehinde, beat an okada man with pipe for refusing to pay him #50. just imagine the rate of corruption in our country.

1 Like

Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by lereinter(m): 3:52pm On Jan 19, 2017
op it seems you just relocated to nigeria

i cant say for the roads in the north or south area
but there is no road linking different states in the southwest where police dont setup fraud point to collect 50 or 100 naira from motorist...

its a daily routine...
and no amount of complain can make them stop.

1 Like

Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by lereinter(m): 3:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
lrdval:

you can see why nigeria cant be great with citizens like this ones who got such kind of mentality

1 Like

Re: Police Checkpoint Or Police Fraudpoint? by teemy(m): 9:37pm On Jul 17, 2017
i would like to believe that with numbers of the police monitoring unit released as well as their social media contacts, such infractions can be easily reported next time moments after they are encountered.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Destroy Hard Drugs Worth Over N400m In Lagos / Uwa’s Pastor Paid Us N1.5 Million To Kill Her Because She Is Pregnant For Him / GEJ Told Metuh How To Share N400m –witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.