Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,465 members, 7,781,347 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:54 PM

Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor (41218 Views)

10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Lady Beaten And Injured In Taraba Church For Not Dressing Properly / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by demarc001: 11:31am On Jan 19, 2017
Make una talk true, una don dey over do things forchurch not only this.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Tomjazzy2: 11:32am On Jan 19, 2017
make I hear say I read the post cheesy
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Minirakiza: 11:33am On Jan 19, 2017
Hey! who told u that public display of affection is a sin? Look! is a lie oo. Newly wedded couple for that matter...
I disagree with u woman
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by enigma2007(m): 11:34am On Jan 19, 2017
I do peck n hug my wife in public o! Waiting for the day one pastor will open his trap n yarn dust angry angry

1 Like

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by haywhyb(m): 11:34am On Jan 19, 2017
I think the pastor should have called them aside and talk to them and apologize to those offended by their act in the congregation even during the next service. By this the couple will not be demoralize. Wisdom is the principal thing here.

3 Likes

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by goodliz: 11:34am On Jan 19, 2017
My dear there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus who walk in the spirit of God.

Holding her is a perfect example of Husband love your wives even as Christ loves the church.

Please don't condemn yourselves to the human feeling of your pastors, kindly look around for a bible believing Church e.g Foursquare, where you can worship God in moderation and not being judged by men as a result of how they feel.

Please keep doing the good work love your wive and support her unconditionally as long as you both lived.

7 Likes

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by MARYchiells(f): 11:35am On Jan 19, 2017
I won't advice them to leave the church rather they should calm down first then, take one or two members of the church who understand them to the pastor to dialogue with him. If nothing changes, they can now consider leaving the church.

1 Like

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by jumpandpas(m): 11:35am On Jan 19, 2017
Jeoma11:
This holier than that attitude some churches display dey baffle me atimes

The wall have broken, every lizard can enter.

@op, stop posting false information against the Church.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by eph12(m): 11:37am On Jan 19, 2017
And I'm supposed to read all this? This op has not heard of summary before?
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Goldenprinz(m): 11:43am On Jan 19, 2017
Pls serve the suspension nd continue what u knw how to do, through dat u can revive nd bring love back to some family dat ar dying already.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by gsainttrinity(m): 11:44am On Jan 19, 2017
I would have tore their useless suspension letter in their presence.

They are legally married for crying out loud! and anything they do within their legal Union is legal.... Even God respects legal bindings...

fvck the church whatever committee and the pastor too that manufactures new kinds of sin for God.

3 Likes

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Kowor(f): 11:50am On Jan 19, 2017
My Goodness! So wearing matching prints is also pda? Wonder shall never sieze. Any church that dictates that poo to me is oyo. Mtew

1 Like

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Reticular: 11:51am On Jan 19, 2017
If I were the husband, we would serve the suspension and allow it to be lifted thereafter we leave the church. It shows they don't belong there. It won't be good to leave a church while on suspension. So they should serve it and find their way out of the church to a better and more spiritually accommodating church. God sees their hearth and will hold the church leadership accountable.

1 Like

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by MisterKings(m): 11:56am On Jan 19, 2017
I can assure you all that the people who will fill up hell will come mostly from the church and any other religion that tries to claim holier than thou,

Most churches are just useless, Pastors only want what they can benefit and point fingers, they will Bleep sisters in the choir, clean their mouth and speak in tongues on Sunday service

You alone know your relationship with God, God knows u if u like keep dreadlocks and pierce your ear, if u know what is right and do good, God knows you and loves u either way forget wolves in sheep clothing who call themselves religious leaders, Jesus never liked them read how he yabbed all of them in Matthew 23, cos they are nothing but hypocrites

When i get married i will even kiss my wife in church and spank her ass, if people don't like it they can hug transformer or jump into lagos lagoon, i dont care

Nonsense angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by kevoh(m): 11:56am On Jan 19, 2017
steppin:
Couples who are quick to display affection or call each other ridiculous pet names in public, are usually the people with something to hide.
This is a fallacy of hasty generalisation!

5 Likes

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by adekalumichael: 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
It calls for a whaooo... Even Paul Apostle would not take this action against the couple.

I am not surprised because had this people were there when the woman with alabaster box was robbing Jesus's feet, they would have scornfully mocked MESSIAH.

PDA offense charged against a couple is a man-made law not given by God. But as the scripture has foretold of days like this in the scripture and also says that they (pastors, leaders and hypocrites in this category) will also receive stricter judgment when the head of the church returns to reward them.

Advise the couple not to be discouraged by this and let them move on with their lives. Should they still find the church good for them after serving their suspension period, they could go. If otherwise, they should move on to another worship centre.
#IfManBeGod #JudgementStartsFirstInChurch

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by uvie66: 12:14pm On Jan 19, 2017
Maybe their tithes is miserly
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by folasayolyn(f): 12:16pm On Jan 19, 2017
name and location of church or adonbelivit
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by kagel: 12:17pm On Jan 19, 2017
Haahaahaaa!!! laughter want injure me oooh

Mr & MRS PDA. CONTIUNE EHHH MANY OF THEM THAT WORKS HOLY, HOLY WAKES THEIR WIFE WITH SLAP, THEY ARE NOT ROMATIC
THEIR MARRIAGE IS VERY DRY LIKE STOCK FISH ,NO AFFECTIONS, THEY ARE JELOUS... I LOVE YOU COUPLE.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by krauss: 12:17pm On Jan 19, 2017
hahaha. see as people de bomb church. we should all be careful in the church. You can also see why Muslims do arrange themselves the way they do according to gender. Lets not rush and say things anyhow it comes into our mouths. As simple as it sounds, there are some things that just look irritating. Imagine introducing a new pastor in the church and his first move is to call his wife and start kissing her there. Peeps, kissing your wife ain't wrong but some things just look inappropriate.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Ladokun12(m): 12:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
Elmojiid:
if am the couples i wont go back to that church again, not as if we are kissing,touching or cuddling, make the couples free dia mind jor na the church dey feed dem ni or paying there bills ..church plenty now it is nt by the church grace but by the GOD grace.
naso,church plenty
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by krauss: 12:19pm On Jan 19, 2017
Having public sex with your spouse hurts no body, but try it and get arrested in Nigeria or anywhere in the world. Look how we despise gays in Nigeria, and compare it to this. Some things might just seem offensive even when they shouldn't to some people. We know how such simple sexual innuendos are treated with indifference in the society.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by luckydion(m): 12:22pm On Jan 19, 2017
though church doctrines are different, but this story is not posted
with evidence that it actually happened in the church.

Pease Fear God and Respect His temple.

If u attend a church that can not change u from bad to God then, change and attend another.

Churches are many but go to Bible Doctrine Church.

many of us today may not like such churches that preach the real Christ words

simply because many of these these churches are not populated.

1 Like

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by RZArecta(m): 12:22pm On Jan 19, 2017
This story is a lie cool
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by krauss: 12:29pm On Jan 19, 2017
luckydion:
though church doctrines are different, but this story is not posted
with evidence that it actually happened in the church.

Pease Fear God and Respect His temple.

If u attend a church that can not change u from bad to God then, change and attend another.

Churches are many but go to Bible Doctrine Church.

many of us today may not like such churches that preach the real Christ words

simply because many of these these churches are not populated.
Good one. You know that people these days want the church to conform to their standards and not to conform to the church( and of course Christ's) standards. When we keep relaxing these standards, what do we get, an attenuated church that becomes a harbour for sinners. Yes the church should accept sinners, but sinners are supposed to be uncomfortable with their sins when in church.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by isblog(m): 12:29pm On Jan 19, 2017
The Church and her leaders or elders have a lot to learn... That would mark the end for me and my family in such a church...

So many hypocrits these days use the church as cover.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by chidibond(m): 12:31pm On Jan 19, 2017
Y'all thinking this is true.... SAD.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by mikedimeji(m): 12:31pm On Jan 19, 2017
all I can do right now is laugh as in proper laugh... PDA and Insubordinations a married man trying to support his pregnant wife by holding her in the waist is now regarded as Public Display of Affection, its ok God is watching everyone in 3D but my conclusion on the matter, I believe the church authority has probably been looking for a way to punish the said brother for an offence best known to them and this happens to be a very good opportunity for them. I don't blame them, when most of those church leaders are operating an autocratic government in their various home why wont they see such act as PDA. way forward, serve the suspension, there is no need wasting your time and energy trying to explain anything to anybody they already have a deterministic response in their mind. once you are done with the suspension kindly integrate your steps and look out for a living church where the leadership of the church is headed by the Holy Spirit and not vain leaders who are out to destroy homes that have joy in and out simply because of bitterness and jealousy. there is no need worrying yourself over the incident let it slide while you move onto things that will better your life and family in the new year both spiritually and otherwise.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 19, 2017
krauss:
hahaha. see as people de bomb church. we should all be careful in the church. You can also see why Muslims do arrange themselves the way they do according to gender. Lets not rush and say things anyhow it comes into our mouths. As simple as it sounds, there are some things that just look irritating. Imagine introducing a new pastor in the church and his first move is to call his wife and start kissing her there. Peeps, kissing your wife ain't wrong but some things just look inappropriate.

Which kissing? Go back and read the OP. The PDA they were charged with was wearing matching cloth
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 19, 2017
The easiest way to hide something from a Nigerian is to put it in a book. OP you would have included drawings for those people commenting that it was too long for them to read grin

Look at them embarrassing themselves by commenting about kissing and public sex

krauss:
Having public sex with your spouse hurts no body, but try it and get arrested in Nigeria or anywhere in the world. Look how we despise gays in Nigeria, and compare it to this. Some things might just seem offensive even when they shouldn't to some people. We know how such simple sexual innuendos are treated with indifference in the society.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by mikedimeji(m): 12:40pm On Jan 19, 2017
krauss:
comments are based on the story line, if the process of walking out and the wife collapse or something funny happens its still the same church that will accuse the brother of not caring. basic truth lets focus on the things that edifies the church and stop dwelling on vain this that will pass away, don't forget this are married couple. why do they include (you may kiss your bride) in wedding programs whle joining couples, it should have been regarded as a PDA. no body talks about things that matters in Christendom anymore

3 Likes

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 19, 2017
jumpandpas:

The wall have broken, every lizard can enter.

@op, stop posting false information against the Church.

This is not a false information sir....
Its actually based on a personal experience

And besides, what do i gain tarnishing the image of a proclaimed man of God?...

So watch that statement... Thank You! smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"It Pays To Pay Your Tithe" - D'banj Stands With The "Sheeple" / Bishop Abioye In Winners Chapel's Jet Enroute A Mission Trip / 39 Ancient Wisdom Tips For Singles On Marriage By Dr. D.k. Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.