Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format (20994 Views)

Who Has Completed FRSC Job Application For Degree Holders / CV Format For A Graduate Trainee Job Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by BiafranBushBoy: 9:37am On Jan 19, 2017
Now this topic might sound a little bit complex, but I am willing to expose to you a secret that most Job counselors won’t ever tell you. This is because they want you to keep running round in circles and coming back to them to continue working on your CV for a charge. In this article, I will clearly show you how to write a Job application using the E-mail format by combining the three of them, to increases your chances of getting hired. To write a Job Application using the E-mail format is simply combining these three letters and forwarding it to the recruiter.

STEPS TO TAKE:

1) Prepare a Great CV::

I guess you must have read “STEPS TO WRITE A PERFECT CV” If you don’t have a killer CV, then you should get one. Even if you need to pay a consultant to help you, just get one. There are basically three places that employers focuses more on, and they are

Work-Experience
Skills and Abilities
Achievements
Referees

The last point might sound funny, but it is actually true. The caliber of person you flaunt as your referee sends an unconscious message to the employer about the caliber of people you meet and know. It can actually be used to judge your networking ability. I always imagined if I could just add Dangote’s Name and number on my CV, who wouldn’t call me for an interview? I am not asking you to add his name, but whoever is asking you to hide your referee’s name especially when you know people is doing you more harm than good. Work on the above points mentioned above and keep it. Let’s move to point 2.

2) Prepare your letter of Introduction:

I don’t really need to go over this point again because it was the last article I wrote http://topwritersden.com/how-to-write-a-letter-of-introduction-for-a-job/ The fact remains that you should brag as much as possible in your letters. Show them your skills and what they will miss if they fail to call you for an interview. Your letter of introduction should be like a bomb that would make the employer ask “What type of a person is this?”

3) Prepare your cover letter: This is where the main work is needed because this will either get you the role you are applying for or you get just ‘another’ position. In drafting your cover letter like I explained in http://topwritersden.com/how-to-write-a-good-cover-letter/ , you have to brag about what you can offer them. A lot of counselors will tell you not to lie, but I believe you can exaggerate. ” I recently applied for a job which was far above my years of experience. Here is an excerpt from my letter;

“I always strive to become a better Marketing officer and that is the reason I have always met even the most ridiculous of targets given to me. I acknowledge the fact that I don’t have up to the amount of years required, but I am rest assured that I have the experience in this field and also once I am hired as your sales manager, I will meet up with all demanded targets and position the company towards geometric growth. I have done it in the past with proofs and I will achieve it with your firm.”

Guess what? I was sent an invite and even after I failed to respond to the mail, I was called on phone and asked to respond to the mail. All I need do right now is just to learn about the company and some other minor questions normally asked in an interview session.
I didn’t send the invite because of anything; I was only researching new techniques to know the weakness of HR personnel. Never be scared of what might happen after you are hired, it will take care of itself.

NEXT STEP:

Instead of attaching your Cover Letter as a word document, make sure you type it as the body of the mail. Most Job seekers are guilty of writing just some few words as the body of the mail and telling the HR to find attached to this mail a copy of my CV and Cover Letter. The moment you realize that people are busy, the better.

Upload your CV as an attachment
Upload your letter of Introduction as an attachment
Write your cover letter as the application letter on the body of the mail. Let it entice the HR, he will be the one searching around for your Uploaded CV and more information about you (Letter of Introduction).

As simple as this may sound, it is yet quite complex. There are thousands of applicants out there and this simple trick might just give you the desired Job you prayed for.

What do you think about this? Let’s hear your comments and suggestions below! Thanks.

Source: http://topwritersden.com/how-to-write-a-job-application-using-the-e-mail-format/

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by Dpredictor(m): 9:41am On Jan 19, 2017
FTC..

Nice Tips Op.

But what if the don't request for letter of introduction?
Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by BiafranBushBoy: 9:43am On Jan 19, 2017
Dpredictor:
FTC..

Nice Tips Op.

But what if the don't request for letter of introduction?

Hey bro... listen.. during Job searching. As long as what I do is not illegal... I go any step to get the HR's attention.

Just add it. That is the simple trick.

2 Likes

Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by Dpredictor(m): 9:44am On Jan 19, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Hey bro... listen.. during Job searching. As long as what I do is not illegal... I go any step to get the HR's attention.

Just add it. That is the simple trick.

Thanks Bro smiley

2 Likes

Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by Fela40: 9:46am On Jan 19, 2017
Op. I dey interview venue tho. Followed some tips in your former article.

After I get this Job... no need to follow this step wink cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by BiafranBushBoy: 9:47am On Jan 19, 2017
Fela40:
Op. I dey interview venue tho. Followed some tips in your former article.

After I get this Job... no need to follow this step wink cheesy

cheesy.. Nice!

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by okirewaju(f): 10:50am On Jan 19, 2017
Noted
Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by ConcNiggress56(f): 11:40am On Jan 19, 2017
This biafranbushboy is still looking for job himself.. Now he is advicing people.. undecided

3 Likes

Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by don4real18(m): 11:55am On Jan 19, 2017
good
Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by AlexCk: 11:56am On Jan 19, 2017
Wonderful tips @Op,

Sometimes, man who know man sure pass grin

All na God o,

1 Like

Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by princeakins(m): 11:56am On Jan 19, 2017
Ok..
Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by biggerboyc(m): 12:03pm On Jan 19, 2017
Ok
Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by dogstyle007(m): 12:10pm On Jan 19, 2017
Nice
Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 19, 2017
I have actually not read through. But giving tips for fresh graduates on how to handle job experiences issues will help.

Just saying though.
Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2017
You don't need two letters...

Your email itself should be your cover letter, that's all you need. Right it well and it'll serve as a letter of introduction too.
Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by coolshegs10(m): 12:41pm On Jan 19, 2017
Nice one sir, I would really love to follow you so I can learn more from you regarding writing.
Thanks
Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by ademasta(m): 12:54pm On Jan 19, 2017
Good
Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by wolesmile(m): 1:25pm On Jan 19, 2017
Nice tip
Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by BiafranBushBoy: 1:44pm On Jan 19, 2017
ConcNiggress56:
This biafranbushboy is still looking for job himself.. Now he is advicing people.. undecided

Keep fooling yourself.

And don't derail this thread pls. This is not romance section.

Pls.
Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by BiafranBushBoy: 1:49pm On Jan 19, 2017
coolshegs10:
Nice one sir, I would really love to follow you so I can learn more from you regarding writing.
Thanks

No probs bro. Always willing to help.
Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by BiafranBushBoy: 1:51pm On Jan 19, 2017
HeavenlyBang:
You don't need two letters...

Your email itself should be your cover letter, that's all you need. Right it well and it'll serve as a letter of introduction too.

You see?

Doing things the normal way... How many people has it helped?

Right now, extreme conditions demands extreme measures.

Thanks.
Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by Royce20: 3:24pm On Jan 19, 2017
Good points.
Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by BiafranBushBoy: 4:42pm On Jan 19, 2017
2kaybiel:
I have actually not read through. But giving tips for fresh graduates on how to handle job experiences issues will help.

Just saying though.

It will be my next article Sir. Thanks.
Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by Princenady(m): 6:14pm On Jan 19, 2017
Where u see job? People no dey find job again. Street all d way. Street rocks... angry grin
Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by Kunlexxxx(m): 6:47pm On Jan 19, 2017
ConcNiggress56:
I rebuke that daftness in you in Jesus name! This year, you shall receive sense in Jesus name! Amen!

1 Like

Re: How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format by phransix147(m): 7:58pm On Jan 19, 2017
Cool tips

(1) (Reply)

My Funny Interview Experience / Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air / Can You Put A Job You Were Sacked From In Your CV?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.