Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. (22803 Views)

Wole Soyinka Battled With Prostate Cancer / US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card / Wole Soyinka: "I Will Tear My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 19, 2017
kolaish:
non. Have been there twice on vacation.

Well, aren't you the hypocrite grin

You twice visited a racist and bigotry nation.
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 19, 2017
CanadianNurse:
common sense! Tearing the green card doesn't mean anything he can get a Replacement anytime he looses his Greencard... It's just like me Tearing my drivers license or international passport..... If he really means it then he should denounce his citizenship.... Na people wey never cross airport he can fool

But he doesn't have US citizenship, just a resident permit wink
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by benjibabs(m): 6:01am On Jan 20, 2017
BeClever:

On 2 November, six days before the US election, Soyinka told a student audience at Oxford University’s Ertegun House that he would hold his own, self-described “Wolexit” if Trump won, and destroy his green card. “If in the unlikely event he does win, the first thing he’ll do is to say [that] all green-card holders must reapply to come back into the US. Well, I’m not waiting for that,” he said at the time. “The moment they announce his victory, I will cut my green card myself and start packing up.”

Where did prof get this info from? CNN? Another victim of fake news. SMH. How feasible is it for US to embark on such boondoggle? They are already complaining of no resources to deport the "few" illegal immigrants.
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by BeClever: 6:10am On Jan 20, 2017
benjibabs:

Where did prof get this info from? CNN? Another victim of fake news. SMH. How feasible is it for US to embark on such boondoggle? They are already complaining of no resources to deport the "few" illegal immigrants.

Please, don't bother yourself with all these sectional minded Nigerians..

Like I said, if one diagnosed Wole, you certainly notice a drastic reduction clear and normal thoughts in his brain pond..
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by kolaish(m): 9:36am On Jan 20, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Well, aren't you the hypocrite grin

You twice visited a racist and bigotry nation.
don't think there is any hypocrisy there, how will I know d white man's true colour/character if I was not there once or twice?
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 20, 2017
kolaish:
don't think there is any hypocrisy there, how will I know d white man's true colour/character if I was not there once or twice?

Because people read up and study their intended location?

Anyways, we thank you for your alleged tax money grin
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by walosky(m): 4:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
Proffessor Lai mohammed Shonekan
Re: Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. by CanadianNurse: 8:48pm On Feb 06, 2017
EgunMogaji:

But he doesn't have US citizenship, just a resident permit wink
sorry I meant his residency

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trapped By Passion (18+) / DESIRE 2(house On Fire) By John Mfon / Elechi Amadi And His Wife, Priye Iyalla-Amadi In Nairobi, Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.