Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Dec 31 2016, A Day I Will Never Forget - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dec 31 2016, A Day I Will Never Forget (1098 Views)

The Day I Flogged Seven Chickens To Death / UPDATE: 31/12/17.. Full Breed German Shepherd For Sale... / Pictures From The Lagos Dog Walk - 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dec 31 2016, A Day I Will Never Forget by jstrollet(m): 1:16pm On Jan 19, 2017
After reading @Miremoses's post about his deceased dog I felt very sorry for him as I remembered my most lovely dog called Nellie whom I also lost a day to new year 2017.

31 was really a cold day to me as I was called at exactly 2:45pm by my colleague after traveling to lag on 29th of Dec to spend the festive season with my family. I received a call from Keke (my colleague) & he said, "Ronald i have a bad & a good news for you" at first what came to my mind as a good news was my neighbor whom I predicted would put to birth that week but wasn't sure about the bad news as both my neighbor & my dogs life were puzzling my mind. So, I gathered the courage & asked, "K, what is it?" & K replied "Iya Ibeji has given birth" at first I was full of joy not until he paused & said " Ronald, I'm very very sorry, Nellie is dead" cry I couldn't hold the tears but cried like a baby.
It still seemed to me like a joke until the following day when K sent me pics of Nellie's body in Ginger her best play mate's cage while Ginger was there looking at Nellie helplessly & curiously. Lots of questions running in my head like, what on earth would take away the life of a dog whom I left very active, healthy & vaccines are up to date? and yet the death of Nellie is still unknown up till date. I had no choice but to move on.
I really miss Nellie & her funny moments you know!!! that bitch can rough play for Africa with an empty stomach for three straight days......

But then, I present to you my boy The Future Holder of my kennel Simba The Fearless smiley smiley smiley

1st pic: Nellie's death
2,3,&4: Nellie @9months & when she hit a year on Dec
5&6: Simba @2months & 2months+ 2weeks

1 Like

Re: Dec 31 2016, A Day I Will Never Forget by jstrollet(m): 1:17pm On Jan 19, 2017
Simba

Re: Dec 31 2016, A Day I Will Never Forget by ReneeNuttall(f): 1:31pm On Jan 19, 2017
it may have been poisoned who knows?
Re: Dec 31 2016, A Day I Will Never Forget by jstrollet(m): 2:36pm On Jan 19, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
it may have been poisoned who knows?

You might be right but then, why would they poison her alone
Re: Dec 31 2016, A Day I Will Never Forget by ReneeNuttall(f): 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2017
jstrollet:

You might be right but then, why would they poison her alone
am just guessing maybe a snake bite too, and the other dog was spared
Re: Dec 31 2016, A Day I Will Never Forget by ReneeNuttall(f): 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
am just guessing maybe a snake bite too, and the other dog was spared
u should have conducted an autopsy.. lol
Re: Dec 31 2016, A Day I Will Never Forget by miremoses(m): 4:13pm On Jan 19, 2017
I'm really sorry for the loss bro at least you have gotten another pet that can make you happy again.
My dog's death brought sadness to me but at the end i was a little happy because of the puppies she left with me anytime i see them,i see my dog in their eyes.
once again i'm happy you now have another friend and companion.

1 Like

Re: Dec 31 2016, A Day I Will Never Forget by jstrollet(m): 10:49am On Jan 20, 2017
miremoses:
I'm really sorry for the loss bro at least you have gotten another pet that can make you happy again.
My dog's death brought sadness to me but at the end i was a little happy because of the puppies she left with me anytime i see them,i see my dog in their eyes.
once again i'm happy you now have another friend and companion.

Yeah! grin

(1) (Reply)

Gsd And Rottweiler Puppy For Sale 5months Old / Giving Out This Adult Female Alsatian For 20k...non Negotiable / Stud(gsd) Service Needed Asap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.