Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,620 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? (7144 Views)

11 Steps To File A Complaint Against A LASTMA Official / Expatriate Arrested In Lagos For Disobeying Traffic Light, Using Illegal Siren / 5 Disadvantages Of Putting Your Cars In Park At The Traffic Light? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by AutoJoshNG: 1:51pm On Jan 19, 2017
What’s with these LASTMA officials who like to take the shine off traffic lights. This has become a trend.. traffic light is saying one thing and the LASTMA official is saying another. You remember those days in secondary school when one senior will tell you to come and the other will tell you to go.. .. The result is confusion.

I guess these guys don’t know the implication of what they are doing. This is a recipe for accident because a driver may be focused on the green light.. and hardly notice one guy in yellow and maroon uniform has asked the car in front of him to stop..

One LASTMA official was even abusing a driver who stopped for the red light while the coast was clear.. the official was in one corner asking the driver to proceed.. but the latter didn’t notice on time because he was looking at the traffic light. I am sure this has happened to some of us.

The question is, would this driver be caught if he refuses to stop at that red light tomorrow.. especially when the road is free? I bet he would.

Let’s end this double standards..

Watch the video below and tell us which you would obey..

https://autojosh.com/lastma-official-vs-traffic-light/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAWI-TcunWU

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 19, 2017
It is a normal thing to do when traffic is heavy on one side of the road while the other side is free. Traffic officials can bye pass the traffic light to allow commuters on the side with more traffic to move even when the light is red. In advanced countries the lights are times during these rush hours, like in the morning one side might have 60 seconds while the side with less traffic has 30 seconds. In the evening the time changes to the opposite to allow free flow of traffic. But here in Nigeria where the lights are always timed equally, it is the duty of lastma and other traffic officials to regulate traffic at rush hours.

20 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 19, 2017
Mbok, I'll obey the traffic light!

After one Lastma officer used me to shine in Oshodi, I vowed never to obey them. The light turned red, I stopped. He said "madam, dey go, dey go". Me sef, I listened to him.

Immediately I passed, 3 officers came out, and stopped me. I told them "your colleague told me to go", they summoned the guy. See denial! Mtscheww! angry

Had to beg them, before they let me go.

4 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 19, 2017
greenhulk:
It is a normal thing to do when traffic is heavy on one side of the road while the other side is free. Traffic officials can bye pass the traffic light to allow commuters on the side with more traffic to move even when the light is red. In advanced countries the lights are times during these rush hours, like in the morning one side might have 60 seconds while the side with less traffic has 30 seconds. In the evening the time changes to the opposite to allow free flow of traffic. But here in Nigeria where the lights are always timed equally, it is the duty of lastma and other traffic officials to regulate traffic at rush hours.
Alaye, you sabi the work o.

Twale baba!

17 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by veekid(m): 6:57am On Jan 20, 2017

all of the above
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by olatex25(m): 6:59am On Jan 20, 2017
I dnt reali av anytin 2 say..
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by Tunndeh(m): 7:00am On Jan 20, 2017
Both
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by sherif4owo(m): 7:01am On Jan 20, 2017
The traffic light of course
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by dingbang(m): 7:01am On Jan 20, 2017
grin
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by adioolayi(m): 7:04am On Jan 20, 2017
LASTMA Officials Vs Traffic Light... Who can book you for offense and tow your car grin grin

3 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by youngice(m): 7:04am On Jan 20, 2017
Lastma na, She traffic light go bail me ni

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by Chidexter(m): 7:06am On Jan 20, 2017
I'd rather obey the official than a machine. The official can do a thousand and one things that the traffic light can't
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by kizyalex10(m): 7:08am On Jan 20, 2017
greenhulk:
u couldn't say it any better,u re so on point,dis traffic light is tend to cause more gridlock because it's Timed permanently without actually knwing hw d. Traffic flow.ie,knowing where the vehicles comes more from.so the lastma @ times serves as abetteR option option.cos a traffic light might even show green to a lane without a single car nd a red to a side there is gridlock.so u see. The point?
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by Olatt2(f): 7:11am On Jan 20, 2017
I will use my head
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 20, 2017
Of course you should obey the traffic officer.

Jeezuz Krist guys, this is basic driving lesson.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by MARKone(m): 7:13am On Jan 20, 2017
I know blame LASTMA, Nigerians and traffic lights be like....

4 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by bignero: 7:15am On Jan 20, 2017
Can i phone a friend? grin
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by nabegibeg: 7:23am On Jan 20, 2017
Obey traffic light
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 7:24am On Jan 20, 2017
Traffic light
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by Exponental(m): 7:34am On Jan 20, 2017
Traffic lights create more traffic as named. Study it! Best way is to have it controlled in a computer room linked to the traffic junctions.
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by information1: 7:39am On Jan 20, 2017
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by progress69: 7:40am On Jan 20, 2017
haba bros. there are time traffic lights cause more problems than solve. in situations like that human intervenion is needed. all though they are meant to switch of the traffic light first, but this also many not be necessary.
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by Obiohai: 7:42am On Jan 20, 2017
greenhulk:

It is not normal. It's wrong. Call a spade a spade. In advanced countries, there are sensors that detect heavy traffic and give preference to them. And in such heavy traffic pedestrians push a button for the traffic light to consider them.
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by naturefellow(m): 7:44am On Jan 20, 2017
MsDelilah:
Mbok, I'll obey the traffic light!

After one Lastma officer used me to shine in Oshodi, I vowed never to obey them. The light turned red, I stopped. He said "madam, dey go, dey go". Me sef, I listened to him.

Immediately I passed, 3 officers came out, and stopped me. I told them "your colleague told me to go", they summoned the guy. See denial! Mtscheww! >sad

Had to beg them, before they let me go.
so na just beg you beg... didn't pay a dime? Oh! I just noticed you're female (f)
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by ademoladeji(m): 7:46am On Jan 20, 2017
The fear of LASTMA is the beginning of wisdom
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by naturefellow(m): 7:47am On Jan 20, 2017
olatex25:
bros, are you a ped-X
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by naturefellow(m): 7:48am On Jan 20, 2017
olatex25:
bros, are you a ped-X? grin
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by sakalisis(m): 7:50am On Jan 20, 2017
Hmm
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by tonquendo4u(m): 7:57am On Jan 20, 2017
I climb d lastma officer.Nonsense people

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by Sezua(m): 8:00am On Jan 20, 2017
i think the best thing is for the traffic officials to switch the lights off, or set them all to red.
However, if the lights are working i'll rather obey the LASTMA official for two reasons;
1. The official is on ground and has a better understanding of the traffic situation than a programmed light.
2. I seriously would not want to get into trouble with any Traffic Officer, especially in Lagos State with its PENALTY everywhere.
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by eluquenson(m): 8:20am On Jan 20, 2017
You obey the law enforcement agency nah
Re: LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? by tiny78(m): 8:26am On Jan 20, 2017
be vigilant

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers / 5 Simple Steps To Operate A Fire Extinguisher - FRSC / 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.