Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,100 members, 7,807,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Fuel Consumption Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Consumption Issues (1247 Views)

The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming / Toyota Camry 2001 Fuel Consumption / Fuel Consumption On Lexus Rx 300 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Consumption Issues by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 19, 2017
Hello pple,
I have been having issues with my car(camry 2007) for a while as regards fuel consumption.
I have changed fuel pump, serviced the injector, flushed the engine, bought a new catalyst worked on the exhaust and yet it still consumes fuel.
Pls I'll need contribution on what step I could take or what could be the problem.
Tanx
Re: Fuel Consumption Issues by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 19, 2017
mekuzio:
Hello pple,
I have been having issues with my car(camry 2007) for a while as regards fuel consumption.
I have changed fuel pump, serviced the injector, flushed the engine, bought a new catalyst worked on the exhaust and yet it still consumes fuel.
Pls I'll need contribution on what step I could take or what could be the problem.
Tanx

Of course ur car is a gasoline engine with spark ignition. If it doesn't consume fuel what else will it consume?
Re: Fuel Consumption Issues by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2017
Consumption is more that normal girl a 4 cylinder engine
Re: Fuel Consumption Issues by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2017
greenhulk:

Of course ur car is a gasoline engine with spark ignition. If it doesn't consume fuel what else will it consume?

Obviously u are clueless
Re: Fuel Consumption Issues by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 19, 2017
mekuzio:

Obviously u are clueless

Nope, u are the one clueless for making a vague statement. U said ur car consumes fuel without stating what mpg u are getting, what engine size is ur car, what distance do u cover with a full tank, the size of ur tank, what driving conditions. Now u see who the clueless one is?

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Consumption Issues by honmusa(m): 9:00pm On Jan 19, 2017
mekuzio:
Hello pple,
Tanx
Sorry to say ,your mechanic has been working blindly and this is the reason we label them as Kazeem cos
Modern car are now equipped with has a self diagnotics managment system which enable a trained professional to analyse and check the issue occurring within the car power train systems. Get your car diagnosis with professional that are skilled to address this issue

1 Like

Re: Fuel Consumption Issues by stephcruse(m): 10:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
There Is question you also need to answer did you have check light on? if yes try to scan your car and if you have not seen anything like check engine light on your car since you have been using it, it means it has been blocked ,try and see a qualified technician to help you out or call 08038042709
Re: Fuel Consumption Issues by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 24, 2017
honmusa:

Sorry to say ,your mechanic has been working blindly and this is the reason we label them as Kazeem cos
Modern car are now equipped with has a self diagnotics managment system which enable a trained professional to analyse and check the issue occurring within the car power train systems. Get your car diagnosis with professional that are skilled to address this issue
thanks
Re: Fuel Consumption Issues by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 24, 2017
stephcruse:
There Is question you also need to answer did you have check light on? if yes try to scan your car and if you have not seen anything like check engine light on your car since you have been using it, it means it has been blocked ,try and see a qualified technician to help you out or call 08038042709

Will call, thanks
Re: Fuel Consumption Issues by captainking(m): 1:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
mekuzio:
Hello pple,
Tanx
Bro.. You need to scan your car.. Call or whatsapp me if you need to buy Bluetooth car scanner.. Trust me.. It works.. I used normal scanner and Bluetooth scanner.. And I got the same results.. 08140077394...so u would not spend money fixing by trial and error

Re: Fuel Consumption Issues by ricki: 3:58pm On Jan 24, 2017
mekuzio:
Hello pple,
Tanx

same car but different engines or power train. So ur car could be 4plug but v6, v8 with 2.2ltr, 2.4ltr and/or 3.0ltr respectively. please check ur car details. My car is a ford focus 1.6ltr and i am always smiling as regards fuel consumption.

know what you buying before looking for fault wia dere is none
Re: Fuel Consumption Issues by Kashif(m): 6:49pm On Jan 24, 2017
captainking:
Bro.. You need to scan your car.. Call or whatsapp me if you need to buy Bluetooth car scanner.. Trust me.. It works.. I used normal scanner and Bluetooth scanner.. And I got the same results.. 08140077394...so u would not spend money fixing by trial and error

Useless as far as this issue is concerned. You think all performance issues throw code? This is just a code reader that might just be limited to emission.
Re: Fuel Consumption Issues by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 24, 2017
It's a 4 cylinder engine... 2.4
Re: Fuel Consumption Issues by ricki: 1:12pm On Jan 25, 2017
mekuzio:
It's a 4 cylinder engine... 2.4

it should be doing about 26 - 30mpg if driven well...... like an angel

but if na giragira u dey do for road it could be anything less dan de figures up dere.....

chikena

(1) (Reply)

Jaguar Land Rover Unveils A Self Driving Car That Can Obey Traffic Lights / Lamborghini V12 Vision GT Revealed / BMW 3181 (manual) VS Honda Bulldog (auto)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.