Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov (17340 Views)

Poll: Which team will get 3 points?

Arsenal: 40% (65 votes)
Chelsea: 54% (86 votes)
They'll draw: 5% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

AC Milan Vs Inter Milan (0 - 1) On Sun 15th January 2012 / Everton Vs Liverpool [0 - 2] On Sun 29th Nov / El Clasico! Fc Barcelona Vs Real Madrid [1 - 0] on Sunday 29th Nov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by Cristalz(f): 11:09am On Nov 27, 2009
Sunday brings the Premier League's highest-scoring attack up against its toughest defense: the biggest game of the weekend takes place at the Emirates on Sunday afternoon, with Arsenal playing hosts to Chelsea.
Arsenal are currently in 3rd place on the table with 25 points, 8 points behind table-toppers Chelsea.

These two are no strangers to each other on the pitch; however this is the first time Arsene Wenger is up against Carlo Ancelotti.
Wenger is still without strikers Robin Van Persie and Nicklas Bendtner. Eduardo and Carlos Vela are very much available, and though it's not certain that both will start simultaneously, both are very likely to feature before the end of 90 minutes.
In midfield, the names to look out for presently are Cesc Fabregas and Alex Song. Both have been immensely solid for the Gunners in the middle, keeping things tight and providing good link-up play. They should both get starting places on Sunday.
Theo Walcott is in good form too, as well as Tomas Rosicky and Andrei Arshavin. With the other midfielders also available to Wenger, the injured Diaby won't be seriously missed.
Chelsea have got a solid, balanced midfield, so Arsenal need to pick a midfield that can match Chelsea's strength and keep the speed advantage they currently possess. If they go all out racy and full of pace as is their usual style, they could leave themselves open. Chelsea are a side that patiently wait for slip-ups and then they pounce. So Wenger should be looking to balance speed with strength and stability. He has got to pick his midfield with extreme caution.  .  .going all out attack-mode in the middle is not advisable right now, especially with the defense issues the team seem to have.
In defense, Arsenal have had problems keeping clean sheets in previous games. They've been without Johan Djourou, and now they are without Kieran Gibbs. The left-back fractured a metatarsal in the dying minutes of Tuesday's UCL game against Standard Liege and will be out for about 3 months. Gael Clichy is still out, so there is a sizable question mark hanging over the left-back position.
William Gallas has still got very, very swollen eyes. Gallas and Arshavin bashed heads in the Standard Liege game. The Russian got a nasty head gash which is okay now, but Gallas suffered a nasty swelling that is still not okay, as well as an ankle injury. The defender's eyes are so swollen, he can't even get his contact lenses on. If the swelling goes down by Sunday, he could feature as the ankle injury isn't serious.
Available defenders include Vermaelen, Armand Traore, Mikel Silvestre, Bacary Sagna, and Philippe Senderos. Let's hope they can hold the forces of Drogba and co back. Manuel Almunia will be in goal.

Chelsea haven't got a good away record so far this season. They've been a lot stronger at the Bridge than away, and now they are up against a team that are capable of further adding to the non-impressive away record.
A loss will considerably loosen Chelsea's hold on the top spot, so Ancelotti will be looking to make sure that doesn't happen.
Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka remain as effective as ever in attack. The pair hardly fail to produce goals when it matters, and this time it does matter. Solomon Kalou is in form and also available for this game, if needed. So no forward issues for Chelsea.
In midfield, Lampard is the only uncertainty. He has been out injured(thigh muscle strain), but is struggling to make it back for this encounter. Michael Ballack, Deco, Joe Cole, Florent Malouda, Michael Essien, Mikel Obi and Yuri Zhirkov are ready choices for Carlo Ancelotti.
Chelsea are not a very fast-paced side like Arsenal; their style is rather different. Still, some pace in the middle won't hurt. For that, Joe Cole is the obvious choice. Michael Essien is another must-start. Will be a bit embarrassing to have the younger Arsenal side running circles around the older, more experienced Blues.
Defensively, Chelsea arguably hold the best record in the EPL so far. John Terry remains a rock in central defence, with Alex/Carvalho also available. Ashley Cole is back to his usual position as well. Bosingwa, Belletti, and of course goalie Petr Cech complete the set-up.
So basically Chelsea have got no worries ahead of this encounter.  .  .unless something happens before Sunday. Let's hope not.
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by Ibime(m): 11:44am On Nov 27, 2009
Cristalz:

These two are no strangers to each other on the pitch; however this is the first time Arsene Wenger is up against Carlo Ancelotti.

Are you sure about that?
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by mykali(m): 12:09pm On Nov 27, 2009
Wenger's boys aint running no rings around anybody. they just gonna beat about the bush while we get the job done.
wont mind a repeat of last season's 1-4 thrashing
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by mykali(m): 12:13pm On Nov 27, 2009
@cristalz
A.C Milan vs Arsenal.
UCL 1/4final. 2007 i think.
Wenger outwitted Carlotti.
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by Borat1: 12:45pm On Nov 27, 2009
Wenger outwitted carlotti cos his team were a mash-up of dead legs and old heads,
i predict a dejavu for arsenal
Arsenal 1 - Chelsea 4
Anelka brace, cool
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by allboyz(m): 12:58pm On Nov 27, 2009
and the spirit says its going the favor of the L'arse!

i see a 3 - 1 Pounding. . .

FAB4
Nasri
Dudu

Gunners 1800
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by Sauron1: 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2009
allboyz:

and the spirit says its going the favor of the L'arse!

i see a 3 - 1 Pounding. . .

FAB4
Nasri
Dudu

Gunners 1800

Allboyz, you are here again!!!
The last time you predicted a score-line, GAYnners were whupped by Bent.
Zip it for now cos anything you say shall be used against you on Sunday/Monday.
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by bigfather(m): 1:16pm On Nov 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

I can't shout o ! BLUES ALL DA WAY !

NO STORY ! NO TIME !
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by allboyz(m): 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

Broda. . .Baba God go do am!!!! the Lord said,bring forth your strong reasons and mountains and he shall demolish them.

Sauron don't forget to also fast and pray till 4pm on Sunday. . .you will have a testimony!!!! shebi all UTD fans wants Arsenal to win. . its possible. . . just pray and fast!!! (Christ started with prayers and ended with prayers)
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by Sauron1: 1:51pm On Nov 27, 2009
allboyz:

Broda. . .Baba God go do am!!!! the Lord said,bring forth your strong reasons and mountains and he shall demolish them.

I laugh in Gaelic.

Sauron don't forget to also fast and pray till 4pm on Sunday. . .you will have a testimony!!!! shebi all UTD fans wants Arsenal to win. . its possible. . . just pray and fast!!! (Christ started with prayers and ended with prayers)

Fast for Arsenal FC when Arshavin and his missus were spotted canoodling at the O2 Arena watching Federer and Del Potro last night?
Kill yourself with fasting and be praying amiss. grin grin grin grin
The people you are fasting for are busy clubbing, womanising and drinking their lives away. . . . .You are in Iyana-Ipaja killing yourself over touts who won't be arsed if you die fasting. cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by eyoniggar(m): 1:57pm On Nov 27, 2009
Even with the current Arsenal form, I dnt think they'll be able to win this. I place my bet on Chelski.
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by allboyz(m): 2:05pm On Nov 27, 2009
lol. . .na wa o0o even the poll says the Chavs will carry the day. . . .i see upset
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by Cristalz(f): 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2009
Guys, Arsene has never met Carlo Ancelotti in the EPL with Ancelotti in charge of Chelsea.

Unless I say otherwise(and I usually specify when I deviate), everything I talk about up there concerns that particular tourney. In this case, it's the EPL.
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by eyoniggar(m): 2:38pm On Nov 27, 2009
crizzle, create a thread for the Barca Madrid Classico plz.
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by Cristalz(f): 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2009
Dearie , Krayola already did a thread, but the spam bot swallowed it.
I left Seun a message asking him to unmark the thread, but he hasn't responded.

Perhaps you wanna do another? Then when Krayola's thread pops up we'll link and lock. That okay?
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by edoyad(m): 3:36pm On Nov 27, 2009
I dont want L'arse doing any favours to any red cock suckers. If it can't be 3 points to us then i'd rather Chavo get the 3 than it being a draw cool
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 27, 2009
Normally, I'd say a tough game.

Knowing Arsenal to be under-achievers,
I can boldly say, CFC will come out tops.
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by Sauron1: 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2009
BlueDiva:

Normally, I'd say a tough game.

Knowing Arsenal to be under-achievers,
I can boldly say, CFC will come out tops.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by yousouph(m): 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2009
Theo Walcot in good form? Gunners is winning this
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by scantee(m): 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2009
kai chiski must lose the game in jesus name gunners say Amen.
Gunners all the way.

I still remain Barca Boy.
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by FBS: 5:36pm On Nov 27, 2009
scantee:

kai chiski must lose the game in jesus name gunners say Amen.
Gunners all the way.

I still remain Barca Boy.
Back to sender!
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by ritchboy(m): 6:05pm On Nov 27, 2009
The only thing more certain than a chelsea hammering is the sun rising from the east cheesy
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by scantee(m): 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2009
FBS:

Back to sender!

what are you sending back to me . ok the winning Arsenal is about to win cheski hahahah i claimed it because my boys is about to trash Ream mad on sunday.
better skipped to a better club than wasting ur time in those bunch of trash footballers called chiski.

i laugh chiski in Spanish. kikilikiliklolkilllllllllllllll.

I remain the barca boy.
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 27, 2009
Undecided.
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by mrofficial(m): 8:54pm On Nov 27, 2009
Who won win before?

Irrespective of their home, we'll win them.

Chelsea all the way.
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by FBS: 8:54pm On Nov 27, 2009
scantee:

what are you sending back to me . ok the winning Arsenal is about to win cheski hahahah i claimed it because my boys is about to trash Ream mad on sunday.
better skipped to a better club than wasting your time in those bunch of trash footballers called chiski.

I remain the barca boy.
Can you translate what you have written?  undecided
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 27, 2009
I hope and pray for 3 pts on Sunday, as much as I hate to say it the chavz are on form at the moment.
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by software(m): 8:59pm On Nov 27, 2009
I am suprised such a question could be asked or such a poll could be setup. This match on sunday is a settled issue. Chealsea has already won the match. No need of the questioning.

Chelsea all the way, cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by rasputinn(m): 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2009
scantee:

better skipped to a better club than wasting your time in those bunch of trash footballers called chiski.

I remain the barca boy.
FBS:

Can you translate what you have written? undecided
undecided
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by rasputinn(m): 9:10pm On Nov 27, 2009
This indeed is a very BAAAAAAAAD time to play any of the top four teams,nearly ALL our dependables are down with one serious injury or the other,RVP that has the PIN code of Petr Cecs goal is out,Clichy is a no show,now Gallas's eyes are so swollen from that head clash with AA23,you'd think t'was his face Klitchko pummelled instead of Samuel Peters',so he can't play.The sad tale goes on and on and on and on.

I earnestly hope and pray for a miracle as things stand,not just so we get the three points,but more importantly so that I'll be spared the expected tantrums of my good friend has a life ambition of becoming a pseudo-nazi when he's grown

Dear God,please dissappoint Dayo on Sunday evening
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by megacity: 9:24pm On Nov 27, 2009
Chelsea 3
Arsenal 1
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [0 - 3] On Sun 29th Nov by FBS: 9:32pm On Nov 27, 2009
rasputinn:

undecided
Can I help you? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Stoke (5. - 0) On 30th December 2017 / Manchester United Vs Fulham (1 - 2) On 24th February 2024 / Middlesbrough Vs Chelsea FA Cup (0 - 2) On 19th March 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.