Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). (3060 Views)

We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks / MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv / MTN To End Blackberry Services In Nigeria On January 27 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by Emmafrancis: 2:54pm On Jan 19, 2017
Mtn to stop blackberry services from the 27 of this month.
Who else got the SMS? Are they saying our beloved BB is no longer a smart phone? And I have an active subscription that extends beyond 27th.

"Dear customer, MTN Blackberry service will be decommissioned on 27/01/2017. Please upgrade to a smartphone and enjoy 100% bonus on any data bundle purchased "

Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by Adeyeancah(m): 3:15pm On Jan 19, 2017
Emmafrancis:
Mtn to stop blackberry services from the 27 of this month.
Who else got the SMS? Are they saying our beloved BB is no longer a smart phone? And I have an active subscription that extends beyond 27th.

"Dear customer, MTN Blackberry service will be decommissioned on 27/01/2017. Please upgrade to a smartphone and enjoy 100% bonus on any data bundle purchased "
Got it too around 2:45p.m
Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by WaterDrunkard: 3:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
Upgrade to a smart phone
So blackberry is no longer a smart phone

1 Like

Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by Oyetboy(m): 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2017
Blackberry is dead.

I remember the good old times, if you don't have a blackberry some babes no go look your face, this is a lesson to those babes that can do anything because of iPhone now grin
Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by Bunker1(m): 3:25pm On Jan 19, 2017
what's the point... that you can no longer brows with BlackBerry using Mtn sim.
Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by Emmafrancis: 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2017
Bunker1:
what's there point... that you can no longer brows with BlackBerry using Mtn sim.
No more BIS and BBC
Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by sammyije(m): 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2017
Nothing like that
Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by olahero(m): 3:36pm On Jan 19, 2017
Lol... grin Blackberry phones has been a useless smartphone from day one.
Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by mikkycoins(m): 3:39pm On Jan 19, 2017
uprage to a new smartphone!
Heavy insult to blackberry.

2 Likes

Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by Fynpatra(f): 3:43pm On Jan 19, 2017
Saw it too today.
Don't just know whatsup with this blackberry product again...we never even finish whatsapp wahala....brethen this is a bad news in this recession.

2 Likes

Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by Emmafrancis: 3:51pm On Jan 19, 2017
Fynpatra:
Saw it too today.
Don't just know whatsup with this blackberry product again...we never even finish whatsapp wahala....brethen this is a bad news in this recession.
Very bad news my sister

1 Like

Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by Kondomatic(m): 4:08pm On Jan 19, 2017
See insult.

Upgrade to a smartphone.

Just remembered how girls were bleeped left and right because of the phone.

1 Like

Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 19, 2017
Chai!!!
Blackberry final burial grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by nurez305(m): 5:22pm On Jan 19, 2017
It will never affect bb10 becos normal android data work perfectly with it

2 Likes

Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by bomasek(m): 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2017
Dear customer, please note that BB service decommissioning will affect BB OS plans only(BIS,BBC). BB10 devices can still enjoy MTN data bundles. Dial *131# to buy.
Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by eagleonearth(m): 6:02pm On Jan 19, 2017
they specified that bb 10 OS will continue their subscription without hitches. they are not affected.
Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by Soft10(m): 6:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
and if MTN stop dat is dat a big deal...is it only MTN only network doing BIS?.....f**K MTN
Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by gen2briz(m): 7:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
How on earth will you be calling a phone with less than 2 inches screen a smartphone. Make una upgrade to real smartphone joor
Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by seedorfy134(m): 7:36pm On Jan 19, 2017
very soon iPhone will be useless too.....
Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by Mustay(m): 8:17pm On Jan 19, 2017
Once upon a time, people queued for phones. . .
Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by ionsman: 8:27pm On Jan 19, 2017
This life sha.....
Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by daniska3yaro(m): 9:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
Nawa oo
Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by laribari(m): 11:28pm On Jan 19, 2017
Oyetboy:
Blackberry is dead.

I remember the good old times, if you don't have a blackberry some babes no go look your face, this is a lesson to those babes that can do anything because of iPhone now grin

Blackberry dead? Mtcheew, not my passport (Silver edition). I wonder what can be smarter than it if you compare it to android phones because it is also android too. The only fones you can compare it with are the top i-phone series or top samsung galaxy models.

Seriously, you can't imagine what BlackBerry Passport 2 can do; it's a super machine. Honestly, MTN is drunk jare!! I got that stupid message too. Let's see!!

I pity their fall because it will only boost other network and they will get more people porting to glo, airtel or etisalat.

Zenith bank was doing it before naa, forming premium bank that if you don't have 50k for savings and 250k you can't open a current account. When they started loosing customers to rival banks nor be person tell them to change.

There are a lot of high tech blackberry fone out there that are machines, so addressing all BlackBerry fones is stupid. I remember when whatsapp was cut off from two people's BlackBerry fones, mine was still working even till date. Na passport naa!!

1 Like

Re: MTN To Stop Blackberry Services From 27th Of This Month (screenshot). by dasphinx1(m): 12:48am On Jan 20, 2017
laribari:

Blackberry dead? Mtcheew, not my passport (Silver edition). I wonder what can be smarter than it if you compare it to android phones because it is also android too. The only fones you can compare it with are the top i-phone series or top samsung galaxy models.

Seriously, you can't imagine what BlackBerry Passport 2 can do; it's a super machine. Honestly, MTN is drunk jare!! I got that stupid message too. Let's see!!

I pity their fall because it will only boost other network and they will get more people porting to glo, airtel or etisalat.

Zenith bank was doing it before naa, forming premium bank that if you don't have 50k for savings and 250k you can't open a current account. When they started loosing customers to rival banks nor be person tell them to change.

There are a lot of high tech blackberry fone out there that are machines, so addressing all BlackBerry fones is stupid. I remember when whatsapp was cut off from two people's BlackBerry fones, mine was still working even till date. Na passport naa!!

Bros, it aint about mtn, other telcos worldwide has shut down bis for Blackberry.Mtn is even the last telco to do so. Eti, glo and airtel have shut theirs down since last year. Just take a look everywhere, what you see are android devices. Now, compare the ratio to OS7 blackberry users. Besides, your Passport and other OS10 devices uses regular data sub, so there's no need for BIS(data don cheap sef).... A point to note; Blackberry Priv is the first full android blackberry device. The Passport only supports android app integration and it is not all android apps that will work on it. Also, it is running on OS 10 which has been shut down by blackberry. As regards the Whatsapp thingy, its only a matter of time before Facebook pulls the plug, afterall, whatsapp has been shut down for some iOS and android devices already..... ✌

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Eskimi - Meet People And Have Fun. Eskimi App Download - M Eskimi .com / Infinix Super Friday - Double Your Savings And Win Big! / 3G & 4G Networks Is Inactive On Inspired HTC - Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.