Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds (7760 Views)

Is Listening To Secular Music or Watching Movie Bad For A Christian? / One Hallelujah Records Will Not Partner With Secular Artistes – RCCG / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 12:01am On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

You cant even mention names?
If u do a project like this and dont mention names, even in school, they would cancel it

Well, lets just say some people are desperate to cancel out the murderous history of atheist..
And then they conjure a study....
Weak ass* arguments... U are supposed to criticize methodology and parameters not argue like a market woman...
U are commiting the ad-hominem fallacy. Only people who don't have points do that. I still have up that you will come up with something substantial tho'
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by felixomor: 12:02am On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

Weak ass* arguments... U are supposed to criticize methodology and parameters not argue like a market woman...
U are commiting the ad-hominem fallacy. Only people who don't have points do that. I still have up that you will come up with something substantial tho'

Oya provide the methodology....

If u like Go and use study without name for project....

Its capital FAiL......sorry
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 12:08am On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

Lolz... Nice try. Am sure u have checked the link and saw that it was true... It was even quoted on guardian...
The methodology is included in the Op... U Christians keep shouting atheists are not moral but alas u are the mean ones... grin
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by felixomor: 12:09am On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

Lolz... Nice try. Am sure u have checked the link and saw that it was true... It was even quoted on guardian...
The methodology is included in the Op... U Christians keep shouting atheists are not moral but alas u are the mean ones... grin

Well till your record of murders is matched,
U have nothing on us, as far as being mean is concerned....
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 12:14am On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

Well till your record of murders is matched,
U have nothing on us, as far as being mean is concerned....
U are mentioning four or five atheists that are mean. The study included 1,200 children.
Also give me the number of bad atheists and I will give u the number of bad Christians...
Besides, I already explained how statistical analysis works but u seem to not get it... Should I explain again?
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by felixomor: 12:18am On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

U are mentioning four or five atheists that are mean. The study included 1,200 children.
Also give me the number of bad atheists and I will give u the number of bad Christians...
Besides, I already explained how statistical analysis works but u seem to not get it... Should I explain again?

Nah, the few that.made it to power....

And If we r to ratio it out......the kill potential of atheits per total population of atheists that have existed....
Then each atheist should have thousands if not millions of souls on his neck
As compared to the billions of religious people that have existed per religious killers....

That says a lot
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by MrMontella(m): 4:52am On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

Statistics is computing the kill rate of atheist murderers in history. And see that religious people will never catch up
a lie will remain a lie... No matter how many times you tell it..
Delude yourself more!
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by MrMontella(m): 4:53am On Jan 20, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Christians trying hard to derail
i swear!
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by MrMontella(m): 5:05am On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

this fake problem of yours can be cured by clicking the link in the op
or are you afraid of the truth...it hurts abi grin
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by MrMontella(m): 5:08am On Jan 20, 2017
I quoted this study before in a post of mine
MrMontella:
Atheists have no moral compass yet christians supernaturally outnumber atheists in prisons at a
ratio of 70% to 0.07%

atheists have no moral compass,yet studies have shown that atheists have more compassion than religious persons
www.livescience.com/20005-atheists-motivated-compassion.html

atheism has no moral compass yet studies prove that atheists are more altruistic than theistic religious people i.e religious persons are more meaner
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/06/religious-children-less-altruistic-secular-kids-study?CMP=fb_gu

the least corrupt countries in the world are even majorly the non-religious countries in the world..
www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/01/27/464586586/what-were-the-least-and-most-corrupt-countries-in-2015

abeg you need an E-slap to reset your brain

this study explicitly shows that religion plays no roles in morals
www.livescience.com/47799-morality-religion-political-beliefs.html

cc:hopefullandlord 4kings

Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by felixomor: 5:52am On Jan 20, 2017
MrMontella:
I quoted this study before in a post of mine

Opónu,
Its like Your deism has expired?
grin
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by MrMontella(m): 5:55am On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

Opónu, Its like Your deism has expired? grin
you've started your day with illogic
carry on!
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by felixomor: 6:11am On Jan 20, 2017
MrMontella:

you've started your day with illogic

carry on!
Your "deism" is now illogical?

Sorry, i didnt know
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by dalaman: 7:03am On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:
hahn mrmrmister JackBizzle dalaman Lennycool Hardmirror akintom

Religion is like racism because it segregates people. So should be expected.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 7:39am On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

Nah, the few that.made it to power....

And If we r to ratio it out......the kill potential of atheits per total population of atheists that have existed....
Then each atheist should have thousands if not millions of souls on his neck
As compared to the billions of religious people that have existed per religious killers....

That says a lot
So in other words u can't intellectually disprove the study... I get it. grin
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by felixomor: 7:44am On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

So in other words u can't intellectually disprove the study... I get it. grin

A study u dont even know who did it?

Please say something else.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Image123(m): 7:59am On Jan 20, 2017
MrMontella:
hitller is no atheist...
The rest were die hard atheist power loving freaks
We're saying the same thing, don't lose focus.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by johnydon22(m): 8:30am On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

Atheism has devastating effects on the brain itslef.
Confirmed.

https://www.nairaland.com/3493419/researches-reveal-atheism-devastating-effects
lol right

3 Likes

Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by felixomor: 8:31am On Jan 20, 2017
johnydon22:
lol right

Lol....
This was public awareness....

NEXT!
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 8:36am On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

Lol....

NEXT!
Exactly public awareness... The public really needs to be aware of the width of Ebuka's yansh tongue
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 8:38am On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

A study u dont even know who did it?

Please say something else.
Lolz... U are not happy. Pele... Don't worry, other studies are coming. Showing how religion is destroying our world...
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by felixomor: 8:38am On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

Exactly public awareness... The public really needs to be aware of the width of Ebuka's yansh tongue

Public awareness can take any form of arts...
Stop trying to be vile...
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by felixomor: 8:40am On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

Lolz... U are not happy. Pele... Don't worry, other studies are coming. Showing how religion is destroying our world...

Abeg am out.
U have nothing but a ghost study.
Mention me, when u find something tangible

Shalom
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by johnydon22(m): 8:44am On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

Lol....

NEXT!
Exactly..... that's the point though
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 8:51am On Jan 20, 2017
So far no theist has been able to tackle this study on it's merits. When I was reading comments on The Guardian, some people including atheists raised serious logical issues with the study but the only thing we have seen from the ones on nairaland is red herrings and ad hominems.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by xpmode(m): 9:03am On Jan 20, 2017
Almost 1,200 children, aged between five and 12, in the US, Canada, China, Jordan, Turkey and South Africa participated in the study. Almost 24% were Christian, 43% Muslim, and 27.6% non-religious. The numbers of Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, agnostic and other children were too small to be statistically valid.

Result valid for US, Canada, China, Jordan, Turkey and South Africa But not in Nigeria

I would have accept the result, if Nigeria was sampled.

Since the Nigeria was not sampled in the research, it therefore lack credibility.
The Above listed countries have cultural differences with Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by GoodMuyis(m): 9:32am On Jan 20, 2017
A Fantastically Misinformation, Statistical Sample Does not mean generalization

This must have being a rigged Research in opposition to Religion
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 9:33am On Jan 20, 2017
xpmode:

Result valid for US, Canada, China, Jordan, Turkey and South Africa But not in Nigeria

I would have accept the result, if Nigeria was sampled.

Since the Nigeria was not sampled in the research, it therefore lack credibility.
The Above listed countries have cultural differences with Nigeria
There's a reason the study was conducted in seven different countries in different continents... Each of those countries represents a different socio-political climate...
US and Canada represent the developed western world. China represents east and south east Asian countries like Japan and Singapore. Jordan represents the Arab world, turkey represents eastern Europe and south Africa represents Africa.
There's rarely any study that is conducted in every country of the world. But if u have any objection to south Africa representing Nigeria and other African countries, maybe on the basis of significant differences in social contexts then let's trash it out.
But at least u are raising sound objections not the ad hominem that some people keep doing
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by felixomor: 9:35am On Jan 20, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Imagine a sample size of 1200 for a study as this
And the boy is using the study to sing up and down.
Thats not even up to the population of one secondary school..

I didn't just want argue with him.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 9:44am On Jan 20, 2017
GoodMuyis:

What exactly do u expect? For the researchers to involve every child in the world? That's impossible... That's not how statistics work.
The claim is that religious children are averagely meaner than secular children. It doesn't mean that all religious children are mean or all secular children are nice... It only means that on an average, it is more likely for a religious child to be mean than a secular child.
BTW, saying the research must have been rigged is a weak ass* argument.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 9:48am On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

Imagine a sample size of 1200 for a study as this
And the boy is using the study to sing up and down.
Thats not even up to the population of one secondary school..

I didn't just want argue with him.
Lolz... Tell me. What's the number of people that need to be involved in a study to make it valid?
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by felixomor: 10:17am On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

Lolz... Tell me. What's the number of people that need to be involved in a study to make it valid?

When u ask questions like these.
U only but expose urself that u r not familiar with science...at all

I cant even use a study of 1200 people to assess nigeria alone, let alone the world.
There is a formula for ideal sample size...

Use your google to find it and calculate the ideal sample size for an experiment as this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Protestants Who Surprisingly Defended Mary’s Perpetual Virginity / Pastor Encounters Satanist And Drama Ensues! / How Do I Become A Luciferian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.