Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia (26827 Views)

Their Military Strength Of Gambia / Jammeh Of Gambia Speaks With Liberia President On Phone, Pleads On His Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by metronaija: 8:52pm On Jan 19, 2017
United Nations security council unanimously adopts resolution confirming Barrow as legitimate & democratically elected president of Gambia

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/01/photo-un-confirms-as-president-of-gambia.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by idupaul: 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2017
See what this foolish Jammeh has caused;;; he has set a precedence for the UN legitimising African govts instead of their constitution.

99 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by engrMikemd(m): 9:09pm On Jan 19, 2017
hmmm
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 19, 2017
When
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by farokkunle: 9:41pm On Jan 19, 2017
wash wash
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by iluvdonjazzy: 9:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
GBAM

2 Likes

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by George2016(m): 10:17pm On Jan 19, 2017
Confirmed

1 Like

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by NNVanguard(m): 10:17pm On Jan 19, 2017
Jammeh is a goner. It's pitiable to fight a foolish battle!

5 Likes

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by jjwaterfalls(f): 10:17pm On Jan 19, 2017
Great
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by bignero: 10:17pm On Jan 19, 2017
hmm

true true lucifer the fallen angel fell into africa

and west africa for that matter....how else can one explain the goat headed behavior of jammeh?

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
Simple congratulations would have saved him all these drama.
This is why Africa will always find it difficult to grow. Our elites are so wicked , greedy, power drunk and selfish. They will never want anything that will make their subordinate to advance.
See what a greedy heart of a tyrant has caused everyone. Wasted funds for military logistics, many business owners might have lost alot, many citizens might have died due to tension. Many expatriates have hurriedly left despite unscheduled travelling.
Just acceptance of defeat, I mean just congratulations phone calls and step aside would have made him go and enjoy his loot. Now he will loose all, I mean all.
The Bible is right when he said he who try to save his life will loose it. I am sorry for his family especially his wife boosting that he has her support last week. From next few months now, she will see the difference.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by PearlStreet(m): 10:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
Legitimacy comes from the Constitution of the people of Gambia and not any international agency.

Next time, before any African Dictator conducts an election, he would suspend his membership of AU, and the UN.

In any case, Jammeh is an unwanted nuisance and he should be booted out.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by martineverest(m): 10:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
barrow shud have shut his mouth instead of being too lousy after winning the election.he is d cause of this brouhaha......jammeh announced he was going to step down,only for barrow to start telling the world how he s going to jail jammeh

3 Likes

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by gr8cany: 10:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
nawa o, d way this Jameh issue dey hit front page eeh...
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by Realedu: 10:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
metronaija:
United Nations security council unanimously adopts resolution confirming Barrow as legitimate & democratically elected president of Gambia

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/01/photo-un-confirms-as-president-of-gambia.html

Good development.
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by maxwell767(m): 10:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
Nigeria may be nxt lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by animasaun(m): 10:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
Global powers have spoken!!
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 19, 2017
As If I care
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by joowealth(m): 10:19pm On Jan 19, 2017
Well done
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by kindnyce(m): 10:19pm On Jan 19, 2017
Jammeh is the COWARD of. The year..
Why fight an already lost battle?
Anyways UN has spoken,nexr is Maniac-Donald Trump

1 Like

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by exlinkleads(f): 10:19pm On Jan 19, 2017
when are they removing that stuuuupid imposter

wey power no dey tire am, for 22 years

him remain Mogabe

his time is coming
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by ta4ba3(m): 10:20pm On Jan 19, 2017
Soldiers are really zombies... I mean why should I place my life on d line for one mans greed

2 Likes

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by brunofarad(m): 10:20pm On Jan 19, 2017
Jammeh is on a self destruction mission
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by kamez(m): 10:20pm On Jan 19, 2017
in pete edochies voice...' a stubborn grasshopper ends up in the gizzard of a chicken'

jammeh is a goner

2 Likes

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by Weedcrusher: 10:21pm On Jan 19, 2017
Democracy is not for Africa

If you're still doubting this, I don't know what to say

1 Like

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by realemmyz: 10:21pm On Jan 19, 2017
idupaul:
See what this foolish Jammeh has caused;;; he has set a precedence for the UN legitimising African govts instead of their constitution.
This issue concerns them if Gambia is a signatory to un and even if they are not the issue can cause bloodshed so it needs every possible intervention
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by ritababe(f): 10:23pm On Jan 19, 2017
idupaul:

it doesn't matter, Botswana confirmed it already, ECOWAS and AU will confirm it too, so stop the crap about downgrading abeg.
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:23pm On Jan 19, 2017
Congrats to the good people of Gambia.
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by DeKen: 10:24pm On Jan 19, 2017
This guy is definitely on his own.
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by sleeknick: 10:24pm On Jan 19, 2017
THE MOVEMENT HAS BEGUN :

I just pity this country. I think it's really time for revolution. The people against the government. Make we kukuma destroy the country start over again. It's too much sef. Every time from frying pan to fire. Weda it's apc or pdp i don't give a hoot. I don't even think there is any political divide in this country. They are all one body acting a script. These same people who bash each other have their secret place of meeting where they strategize for their next move. It's time for we as a people in unity to fight this government and oust all of them. Very incompetent set of people in leadership positions. I watched a movie yesterday "Snowden" in that movie it wasn't even the fact that America is spying on the whole world that got my attention. It's the level of intelligence these people have. I was baffled. As it is, america is already in the future while Africa is still trying to copy their past. 
I get sick to my stomach when i see how our youths who are supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow let themselves to be used as pawns by these politicians for their selfish gains. 
It is time to take OUR country back! 
It's not Apc or PDP who owns the country. It's you and i. Trust me. Even if leadership changes hands it's still going to continue like this or even worst. The political system needs to be purged. 
Lets start making the noise! 

REVOLUTION!!! 
I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!!! 
Lets kick off this trend. 
I'm ready to give my life for this course i swear! 
#GIVEMEMYCOUNTRY

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by ritababe(f): 10:25pm On Jan 19, 2017
sleeknick:
THE MOVEMENT HAS BEGUN :

I just pity this country. I think it's really time for revolution. The people against the government. Make we kukuma destroy the country start over again. It's too much sef. Every time from frying pan to fire. Weda it's apc or pdp i don't give a hoot. I don't even think there is any political divide in this country. They are all one body acting a script. These same people who bash each other have their secret place of meeting where they strategize for their next move. It's time for we as a people in unity to fight this government and oust all of them. Very incompetent set of people in leadership positions. I watched a movie yesterday "Snowden" in that movie it wasn't even the fact that America is spying on the whole world that got my attention. It's the level of intelligence these people have. I was baffled. As it is, america is already in the future while Africa is still trying to copy their past. 
I get sick to my stomach when i see how our youths who are supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow let themselves to be used as pawns by these politicians for their selfish gains. 
It is time to take OUR country back! 
It's not Apc or PDP who owns the country. It's you and i. Trust me. Even if leadership changes hands it's still going to continue like this or even worst. The political system needs to be purged. 
Lets start making the noise! 

REVOLUTION!!! 
I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!!! 
Lets kick off this trend. 
I'm ready to give my life for this course i swear! 
#GIVEMEMYCOUNTRY

stay front I go follow you from behind.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by auntysimbiat(f): 10:29pm On Jan 19, 2017
ECOWAS SOLDIERS ON GAMBIA STREETS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNYhVQr-wx0

Man Removes Jammeh's Photo, Replaces With Barrow's Photo In His Office

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyjIt0ATKOo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Girls Beat-up Iran Cleric Over Dress Code / China Deploys Warship Around Taiwan / Joe Bidden Projected To Win Arizona, Expands Electoral College Votes To 290

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.