Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. (46713 Views)

Beware Of This Fake/cloned Iphone 7 Plus That Is Being Sold Online / See Why Your Infinix Phone Is Not Charging/ Not Charging Fast / How To Identify A Fake Or Original Tecno Phone And Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by OVA200(m): 6:31pm On Feb 04, 2017
another

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by OVA200(m): 6:33pm On Feb 04, 2017
femi4:
kilomode e mo
Omode mi ti post all what I know it over to you agbalagba to defend it
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by OVA200(m): 6:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
Mikeshiangala:

Every GSM phone, be it a basic, dirt-cheap handset or a pricey, powerful smartphone, has its own International Mobile Equipment Identity number, commonly known as IMEI which should and must be available when queried using *#06# or *#0000# for Nokia phones.
No phone can be an exception....lacking this feature is a clear indication you got out-smarted.

Secondly No....I mean NO...phone cannot be clonned....The fact that the motorola droid ultra runs on Android which is open source,makes it even an easy job for the chinese gurus.
You still have so much confidence on the thing you don't know, Oya I don post evidence oya defend am
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by OVA200(m): 6:37pm On Feb 04, 2017
Mikeshiangala:

if your phone is not a nokia that uses *#0000# and refuses to display imei with *#06#,that my friend is a FAKE PHONE!!!!
I don post my screenshot oya buttress your point
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by Doyin2(m): 9:25pm On Feb 04, 2017
chunna08:
mine displayed two Imei but are 15 each starting with 35 hope it not fake sha, i fit vex dash begger....lol

You have not completed the process.The fact that you see two 15digits numbers does not make it original.

Check for your phone actual details using the same digit(s) on www.imei.info
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by beadaholic(f): 9:52pm On Feb 04, 2017
femi4:
probably a dual sim

It's a Q5 single sim
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 04, 2017
elfico:

The button combo works for many Samsung phones but not all. Google how to boot into Odin mode for your model of phone. when you boot into that mode, it shows a warning that the operation may damage your device and ask you to continue or reboot. If the phone is a clone, this information is written in Chinese.

Another way is to download cpu-z or CPU ram identifier and install it. compare the specs shown on the app to the correct one (check for it google). Most clones use mediatek processor. if the phone is original, the specs shown on the app will exactly match the correct ones.

To remove safe mode, just reboot the phone normally
ok......i beliv say my phone na authentic so no need checking. Wat happens wen u boot ur phone in Odin mode?
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by Occurstaem(m): 12:11am On Feb 05, 2017
salamibigi:
Another hint for samsung users, If you use a samsung and it doesn't enter ODIN mode, it's Fake........
How to enter ODIN mode on samsung:
Turn off the device.
Press and hold down Volume down and Home button.
While holding both the above keys press and hold the
power button.
Once the phone vibrates let go of the power button,
but keep holding the Volume up and Home button.
Please, tell me how to restore my samsung tablet to normal?
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by LeSaint(m): 12:20am On Feb 05, 2017
somehowpenis:
This tutorial was valid one time but no longer, if you only depend on this to identify a clone then too bad for you, because it Will only lead you to buying clones more. Chinese devs have discovered this, they now tweak in an original phone's imei into their clone devices when making them. A fake Samsung now carries a real Samsung imei, same as htc and others. I was disappointed when I leant this

I second that. And, I only found that sad fact out today at Computer Village, as I was trying to buy a small phone for my daughter. As a Telecom person, I have used the *#06# and other codes for as long as GSM has been around (by the way, most Nokia use the same code from time), so if I fall for a clone device, I'll probably eat my head!.
But, today, I saw a Samsung Galaxy Grand that nearly fooled me. Complete with real-looking Samsung model SM-G503, or something like that, kernel and baseband numbers in the "Settings - About" screen.
But something still didn't seem right to me. Especially, the OS didn't feel quite right (they likely wont go for real Google-licensed Android, but a clone of it).
So I decided to check hardware qualities, and one important aspect for me is the picture quality. Go to camera settings and set the highest resolution. Shoot a pic, display it and find a menu at a corner and select "details". Check the picture frame size and the file size.
The file size was what ratted them out as fakers for me. Instead of something between 1 - 5 MBytes, It was something like 400k! At highest cam resolution! Fakers will most likely use a crappy cam. i'd bet that, most clones wont fit the camera (in mp) touted in the phone's specs. So you can catch them with that. The phone seller was aghast when I returned the phone, and reminded her I wanted an original (she was like, how'd this old timer know this phone isn't original, lol).
Also look out for absence of OEM bloatware. Like S-Note, S-Planner, etc for Samsung, and Xperia Lounge, Sony PlayStation, or Walkman, etc for Sony phones. If they are totally missing, it's likely a clone. Also check the security features and see if any of the schemes require you to register with the company. Better off with those real chico originals (Infinix, Giornnee, Tecno, etc) than a knock-off Samsung.

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by femi4: 5:53am On Feb 05, 2017
beadaholic:

It's a Q5 single sim
Its your software version number/digit
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by salamibigi(m): 7:29am On Feb 05, 2017
Occurstaem:
Please, tell me how to restore my samsung tablet to normal?
What issues are you having?
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by elfico(m): 8:32am On Feb 05, 2017
Ebuka2016:

ok......i beliv say my phone na authentic so no need checking. Wat happens wen u boot ur phone in Odin mode?
In that mode, you can make your phone better or ruin it beyond repair. Odin mode is where you reflash your OS, root your phone, install custom OS, repair your phone or if you are not careful, damage your phone permanently. Don't do anything there except you know what you are doing.
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 05, 2017
elfico:

In that mode, you can make your phone better or ruin it beyond repair. Odin mode is where you reflash your OS, root your phone, install custom OS, repair your phone or if you are not careful, damage your phone permanently. Don't do anything there except you know what you are doing.
okkk. Happy Sunday bro
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by Carlcaresophia: 9:31am On Feb 07, 2017
sniperwolf:
My wife's phone is a Tecno W3 but the IMEI info is bringing up ITEL IT1510. Is it cloned?
Hello sniperwolf, for the problem we suggest you bring your receipt and warranty card to our Carlcare Service Center and our technicians there will try to check for you. You can find our contact info in Carlcare App. Thank you!
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by Occurstaem(m): 2:01pm On Mar 12, 2017
salamibigi:
What issues are you having?
I put my samsung tab 3 into ODIN mode, and it was not back to normal. It has been resolved, thanks.
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. by Bigjagga(m): 2:59am On Apr 22, 2017
Abeyjide:
thanks OP my samsung is original.
You're welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile / What's Your Favourite Internet Data Plan From A Nigerian Mobile Network? / Do This Before Saving Any Contact On Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.