Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,858 members, 7,806,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures (305399 Views)

Nigerian Military In Action At Buhari's Inauguration (photos) / Nigerian MOPOL Fighting Alongside The Military In North East(picture) / Boko Haram Set To Engage Military In Gwoza, Asks Women, Children To Leave Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by javalove(m): 5:18pm On Nov 30, 2009
THIS DESERVES THE THREAD OF THE YEAR AWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST AND MOST INFORMED THREAD I HAVE EVER READ ON NAIRALAND. . .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS ALOT MAN. . .AT LEAST WE KNOW OUR LEVEL, AND WE KNOW WHAT TO DO TO RISE!!!!!!

NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE!!!!!!!!!!!

I CANT TRADE MY GREEN PASSPORT FOR ANYTHING I SWEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS COUNTRY!!!!

LONG LIVE THE NIGERIAN ARMY!!!!

LONG LIVE THE NIGERIAN NAVY!!!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE THE NIGERIAN AIRFORCE!!

SHORT LIVE THE NIGERIAN POLICE!!!
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 30, 2009
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Ikengawo: 6:11pm On Nov 30, 2009
Great subject.
Nigeria's military is impressive but i think the country needs a force of 600,000 like most countries it's size have instead of the undermanned 100,000
also, with 600,000 it will be the largest in africa, out numbering egypt's 500,000

but numbers isn't everything, Nigeria needs to also boast one of the largest navies in the world if it wishes to advance on its peace keeping and standing in geo politics.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by sandee575(f): 6:44pm On Nov 30, 2009
@poster.

kudos for the effort at putting the thread together. However, is it not to
your knowledge that some of the military equipment shown are not Nigerian?
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by cvibe: 6:55pm On Nov 30, 2009
Nice pics! Some of them reminded me of days when i used to plant my pot.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by brooklyn99: 7:15pm On Nov 30, 2009
this thread is by far,way and beyond, the best thread ive seen so far on NiaraLand. it begged a question from me tho; with all these firepower, doesnt it seem like the rebels in the nigerdelta are just blowing hotsmoke when they threathn the nigerian govt?

@back2back; slowpoke!!! thats not just "cellotape" the soldier has on the magazine of his rifle. what he actually did was "double" the banana clip, so instead of one magazine, he now has two. enough to blast a fool like u to outter space!!!!
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Rmc1(m): 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2009
@ poster

thanks 4 posting
Maximum respect to our military boys, who lay down their lives to restor normallcy to other african countries. Jeez can u all see the hope, and happiness in the eyes of the terrorized, war torn people as the nigerian soldiers arrieved?  shocked grin grin

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by mahal(m): 7:44pm On Nov 30, 2009
@poster

Nice one, The best thread i ve seen in months in this NL.
Havent been this informed on the Nigerian military before, Proud to be a nigerian
at the moment, didnt even know we had all these in our military.

Ignore the haters, this is Nairaland, you ld definitely come across smiley them.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by mahal(m): 7:46pm On Nov 30, 2009
javalove:

DAMN!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST AND MOST INFORMED THREAD I HAVE EVER READ ON NAIRALAND. . .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS ALOT MAN. . .AT LEAST WE KNOW OUR LEVEL, AND WE KNOW WHAT TO DO TO RISE!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS COUNTRY!!!!

SHORT LIVE THE NIGERIAN POLICE!!!

A true Nigerian, I love the Spirit, abeg leave police oh! grin grin
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by mahal(m): 7:53pm On Nov 30, 2009
sandee575:

@poster.

kudos for the effort at putting the thread together. However, is it not to
your knowledge that some of the military equipment shown are not Nigerian?

Just as a chunk of Israel military hardware is American
it doesn't stop it being for the Israeli Military
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Rmc1(m): 7:54pm On Nov 30, 2009
MY PICTURE OF THE DAY  

Young brave nigerian soldiers walking to the war front not knowing if they will ever come back alive or dead.

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by honeric01(m): 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2009
Í respect the army alot. can i ever go to war front? not me lai lai grin
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by deor03(m): 8:24pm On Nov 30, 2009
hmmmmmm.

This weeping is loaded.

KUDOS TO OUR GALANT MEN AND OFFICERS

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by scantee(m): 8:45pm On Nov 30, 2009
Nice pics there.
i lov 9ja.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by AyilaraH(m): 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2009
nigerians u never appreciate i maen this peaple risk there lifes to save us and u are here saying rubbish anytime they anything good about nigeria u guys complain i wonder if u a actually nigerians fools i am not surprised smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#770077][/color][left][/left][/size][size=8pt][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by homerac7: 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2009
i am deeply and truely touched. i place a hand over my heart for these guys. God Bless them, God bless Nigeria!
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Blenheim(m): 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2009
I must commend the poster for an objective and comprehensive post. I wish to add that no matter how bad things are, home is still home, and we must be proud of what we have.

Though some elements of the military have dabbled into politics and earned a bad name for the forces, the Nigerian military has produced distinguished generals such as Martin Luther Agwai, Festus Okonkwo, Victor Malu, Chikadibia Obiakor, Tunji Olurin, Timothy Shelpidi, Oviemo Ovadje and a host of others that have done Nigeria proud. These gallant men and women should be encouraged not chastised.

On the issue of outdated equipment, we need to remember that military hardware are national strategic assets. Therefore, we need to pressurise our parliament to keep the military well equipped and well motivated by effective legislation and appropriation.

Things are difficult, but we need to be more patriotic in these trying days.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2009
I'm loving this

[size=20pt]AHOHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Pharoh: 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2009
Poster more grease to your elbow.

Still don't have faith in the Nigerian Military sha cheesy
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by beefy23(m): 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2009
chaircover:

As a barracks girl & the daughter of a retired Army officer
Up Nigerian Army & Up Nigeria.

Chaircover - is this who I think it is?
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 30, 2009
WE CAN BE FKUCING BETTER THAN THIS, wat,s wrong with this peeps? we were building armoured tanks in 1968, for christ sake!!!!! God!!!! this is 2009!!!!!!!
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by reindeer: 10:47pm On Nov 30, 2009
It pains me to see people disparage the work being done by these brave soldiers maybe its because for years peoples minds have been abused by military dictatorships that they are so blind to seeing the good side of things.These are people's fathers, brothers and even sisters laying down their lives for the country and her image and all some people can do is make derogatory comments, na wah o!
If the pictures were those of american soldiers, foolish nigerians will hail them when all they can ever be are 'naturalized' americans or at best 'african americans',nonsense! angry
For those wondering why the equipments are the way they are, well theres something called threat assessment, it will make no sense to acquire american standard weapons when the military is not facing the same level of threat, thats will only render most of the equipment useless.And who says number is inadequate?its isnt, you'd be surprised at the rapidity with which the numbers will increase in war, thats why we have regular military and reserves.The only reason israel has such military is because she is surrounded by enemies who want her to cease existing.
as for the niger delta, i will never support a military action because we all know the maltreatment the people have gone through already, but thats not to say the military can't obliterate the whole region in a matter of days, but what will that achieve?the fact that the militants run around isnt because the army or the navy cant deal decisively with them , its because the collateral damage will be too high(this is the same problem america is facing the the middle east.
So lets appreciate these soldiers, its the least you can do since most of you cant even stand firecrackers grin
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Pius33(m): 10:48pm On Nov 30, 2009
Reindeer
you see,most civilians really dont know much about the Nigeria Millitry, therefore they under estimate our galant men & women, embarassed
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by anchorman: 11:41pm On Nov 30, 2009
Nigeria as a nation contributes a lot to World Peace. I think its high time that the Country's military should be respected at International level. Well done to the Poster as well.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by chika98: 11:49pm On Nov 30, 2009
Okay oh! Not looking half bad at all grin
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by kabukabu(m): 11:58pm On Nov 30, 2009
In America,soldiers are honored as heroes,everyone is proud of the military,they put signs on their cars,fly the flags,give soldiers 10 percent off on a lot of things,in Nigeria they are despised?Nigerian soldiers are right now pretty much awaiting orders to capture the dreaded dictator in Darfur,they are lifesavers all over west africa,just so una know
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by stede(m): 12:15am On Dec 01, 2009
welcome development 4 ministry of defence
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by yam: 12:29am On Dec 01, 2009
javalove:

I LOVE THIS COUNTRY!!!!

This is the best thing that ever happen on nairaland.i was suppose to be doing something but i left it reading this tread.kudos to u, may i know u.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Sammy107d(m): 12:32am On Dec 01, 2009
I think it's appropriate to mention this:

All the contents of this thread (and the Lagos and Abuja picture threads) have been copied pixel for pixel from our forum on skyscrapercity. People (including I) slave away daily trying to get these pictures and stories for our information and amusement; the least the poster can do is reference the author (mostly BEEG EAGLE and RODKOYE).

Apparently, BEEG EAGLE was on this thread, not to scream foul against the poster, but to correct some ignorance spewed by some misinformed citizens with his unmatched wealth of military knowledge. He was banned from nairaland immediately. . .

So much for the 'Thread of the year"  undecided
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Sammy107d(m): 12:35am On Dec 01, 2009
By the way, please don't ban me.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddyboi: 12:36am On Dec 01, 2009
A MODERNISED AND REVAMPED C-130

www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/4/4/6/1298644.jpg">
www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/3/2/3/1323323.jpg">
NIGERIA'S TANK DESTROYERS
EE-9 CASCAVEL (75 UNITS)

Nigerian Battle Tank
AMX-30 TANK

NIGERIAN INFANTRY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof / Edo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring / 2019 Presidential Election Results Announcement By Mahmood Yakubu, INEC (Part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.