Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,066 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures (305371 Views)

Nigerian Military In Action At Buhari's Inauguration (photos) / Nigerian MOPOL Fighting Alongside The Military In North East(picture) / Boko Haram Set To Engage Military In Gwoza, Asks Women, Children To Leave Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddyboi: 12:40am On Dec 01, 2009
All the contents of this thread (and the Lagos and Abuja picture threads) have been copied pixel for pixel from our forum on skyscrapercity. People (including I) slave away daily trying to get these pictures and stories for our information and amusement; the least the poster can do is reference the author (mostly BEEG EAGLE and RODKOYE).
dude did u read my first post,i mentioned skyscraper city
but i also got my pics from militaryphotos.net and other online sources
the claim to fame is not mine,the thread is to enlighten nigerians on their military,it doesnt matter who posts what
and most pics from skyscraper city(of which am a member and contribute to also),are gotten from other online sources
just give the boys props and move on
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddyboi: 12:46am On Dec 01, 2009
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddyboi: 12:49am On Dec 01, 2009
i didnt realize that nigeria and israel had become this close with regards to military co-operation,i think it intensified with the obasanjo administration
i guess its a good thing,and can be compared somewhat to turkish and israeli military co-operation,in that turkey is mostly a moslem nation and nigeria has a large moslem population(abt 50%)
anybody with more info on nigerian-israeli military co-operation,pls post,thanks
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by dreeldee: 1:05am On Dec 01, 2009
Kudos to the brave men in uniform who give up their lives for the likes of you and I. Nigerians appreciate for once and don't criticize, rave and don't belittle.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Hanoobaba(m): 1:07am On Dec 01, 2009
For those of you clamouring for a nuclear arsenal, I think you've forgotten the Ikeja bomb blast.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by bjmighty(m): 2:07am On Dec 01, 2009
most of these weapons they get will probably be used on nigerians.

@@@@THE-AMAKA, You don come here again!!!
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by osasp(m): 2:57am On Dec 01, 2009
i must say i am proud
if i was to study anything in nigeria it would be to be a military pilot, if anything, for the passion of it
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Kilode1: 3:19am On Dec 01, 2009
dreeldee:

Kudos to the brave men in uniform who give up their lives for the likes of you and I. Nigerians appreciate for once and don't criticize, rave and don't belittle.
The Nigerian Military hardly fights for Nigerians, but against them. If you are thinking about the Biafran war, that is debatable. That aside, I cannot recollect any time this Military fought in the interest of the people of Nigeria, but I can remember the many coups they planned and how many times they've thwarted our attempt to democratically govern ourselves.

Maybe because I grew up when IBB and Abacha were still the Ich in this country, but I do not share this enthusiasim about the Nigerian military. They've brought nothing but bad memories of pain, fear, underdevelopment, interference in civilian matters and total disregard for justice and the rule of LAW, When we have a military that believes in the Nigerian people then I will cheer them. this attepmt at public relations should fail here now! , or just wait until some boyz in uniform harass you on the street just because you happen to wear black boots or you are making a fashion statement with camouflaged trousers. This military and their pot bellied generals and civilian friends has done nothing but harass us for 49 years, now they want some love and appreciation

angry angry angry
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:21am On Dec 01, 2009
bjmighty:

most of these weapons they get will probably be used on nigerians.

@@@@THE-AMAKA, You don come here again!!!
upon all posts, you are always looking for mine, why?
why are you so obessed with me?
anyway, the niger delta militants, boko haram, ect ect
so im lying, eh?
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Igbanibo: 6:47am On Dec 01, 2009
Great subject.
Nigeria's military is impressive but i think the country needs a force of 600,000 like most countries it's size have instead of the undermanned 100,000
also, with 600,000 it will be the largest in africa, out numbering egypt's 500,000

but numbers isn't everything, Nigeria needs to also boast one of the largest navies in the world if it wishes to advance on its peace keeping and standing in geo politics.

We don't need an army of 600,000, the army is currently around 62,000.  Maybe, we could use an additional 10,000 -15,000 troops, but they need to be very well trained and equipped.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 01, 2009
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Carlosein(m): 9:13am On Dec 01, 2009
^^^Just like i did.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by faoni572(m): 9:17am On Dec 01, 2009
Just as somebody suggested, this should be the thread of the year
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by sperrysun(m): 9:53am On Dec 01, 2009
@back2back.

If you don't know much about a topic, why don't you do the honorable thing by not saying anything at all. Cos when do say something you might just expose ur ignorance. The cartridge(clip) of the AK is wrapped in cellotape, yes and so what!? Is that the 1st AK u have seen wrapped that way? (Even the almighty US marines do same); I wonder why most Nigerians have this very deep seated and often misplaced negative mindset about anything Nigerian. Yes, the country is bad, and all that but when something good comes from it, lets be gracious enough to acknowledge it. The Nigerian military is one of the institutions that one is proud of in Nigeria, so I wonder what your antagonism is about. Remember that hate it or love it, u are still a Nigerian and forever would be, so the earlier you start loving it the better for u.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by obiksam(m): 10:39am On Dec 01, 2009
Thanks man, the pix are cool, up Nigeria solders.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by spiderman(m): 10:46am On Dec 01, 2009
You know every Nigerian needs to see things like these once in a while to keep reminding us that regardless of the fact that we have our problems; somehow we still have a lot to be proud of. Viva Nigerian Armed Forces we are proud of you!!!
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by nethacker(m): 11:07am On Dec 01, 2009
wat of our police, those useless elements grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
if our police were to fight war,our enemies would bribe them to betray us, God save us grin grin grin
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Carlosein(m): 11:23am On Dec 01, 2009
nethacker:

wat of our police, those useless elements grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
if our police were to fight war,our enemies would bribe them to betray us, God save us grin grin grin

methinks dey would approach the enemies and offer to betray us a la Judas
(wetin una go give me if i show una how to catch dis peepul?)
grin grin grin
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 01, 2009
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by nethacker(m): 12:02pm On Dec 01, 2009
chaircover:

Sorry, but I wouldn’t even put the police in the same class as any of our armed forces.

They have no control over traffic not to talk of crime.
u r very ryt grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Yoighaman(m): 12:16pm On Dec 01, 2009
No one can stand in the way of a man who's ready to lose his life for a cause he believes in.

That's y suicide bombers are dreaded.

The Nigerian (and other) military spill their blood to protect us. Just like any "BODY' they have their weaknesses and still make mistakes but c'mmon guyz, let's appreciate and respect them.

The bravery and selflessness of these men of Valor should not be undermined.

Well, as for me and my house-WE LOVE THE NIGERIAN MILITARY! and will always remain loyal and patriotic!
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by omar22(m): 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2009
It reminds me of Gordon Brown offer to train the Nigerian Army in exchange for crude oil,
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by nethacker(m): 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2009
omar22:

It reminds me of Gordon Brown offer to train the Nigerian Army in exchange for crude oil,
him dey craze angry angry angry
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Yoighaman(m): 12:55pm On Dec 01, 2009
EvEn GeOrGe BuSh pRoPoSeD tO SaNiTiZe d NiGeR dElTa; BaD gUy.

He wAnTeD tO hElP cReAtE "ThE NiGeR DeLtA rEPuBliC" iN eXcHaNgE fOr OiL; tUrNiNg NiGeRiA tO aNoThEr IrAq, sElFiSh dUdE

I wOnDeR y DeY aLwAyS tHiNk wE aRe fOoLs.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Carlosein(m): 1:03pm On Dec 01, 2009
Yoighaman:

No one can stand in the way of a man who's ready to lose his life for a cause he believes in.

That's y suicide bombers are dreaded.

The Nigerian (and other) military spill their blood to protect us. Just like any "BODY' they have their weaknesses and still make mistakes but c'mmon guyz, let's appreciate and respect them.

The bravery and selflessness of these men of Valor should not be undermined.

Well, as for me and my house-WE LOVE THE NIGERIAN MILITARY! and will always remain loyal and patriotic!

this is better than:

Yoighaman:

EvEn GeOrGe BuSh pRoPoSeD tO SaNiTiZe d NiGeR dElTa; BaD gUy.

He wAnTeD tO hElP cReAtE "ThE NiGeR DeLtA rEPuBliC" iN eXcHaNgE fOr OiL; tUrNiNg NiGeRiA tO aNoThEr IrAq, sElFiSh dUdE

I wOnDeR y DeY aLwAyS tHiNk wE aRe fOoLs.

this now! Are you a designer?
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Yoighaman(m): 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2009
iTs JuSt a StYlE aNd I ThInK i'M lOvInG iT mOrE.

cReAtIvItY, i'D sAy.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by sandee575(f): 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2009
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures
« #138 on: Yesterday at 07:53:32 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: sandee575 on Yesterday at 06:44:41 PM
@poster.

kudos for the effort at putting the thread together. However, is it not to
your knowledge that some of the military equipment shown are not Nigerian?

Just as a chunk of Israel military hardware is American
it doesn't stop it being for the Israeli Military

You miss the point. None of the military equipment shown was manufactured in Nigeria
and probably will never be, but some in the pictures are not even owned by Nigerian armed
forces. For example is the Chinook helicopter (with twin propellers) depicted as belonging to Nigerian Airforce, whereas
it has never featured in their aircraft fleet. I can point to others if you are interested in bursting this military propaganda.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by soldee: 4:21pm On Dec 01, 2009

Pictures Dont Lie you freaking haters!!!

I'm loving nairaland more and more each day. The haters are having less negativity and lies to hide behind!! Pls keep the photos coming - from wherever!! They will soon all shut up!!

Naija Rocks, man

Thanks Paddy-lo
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Holuem: 4:26pm On Dec 01, 2009
Nice idea.
What's the copyright issue about the images,can it be copied?
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by manny4life(m): 4:45pm On Dec 01, 2009
Holuem:

Nice idea.
What's the copyright issue about the images,can it be copied?

Images can be copyrighted (unauthorized used of a material) however in this case, in the beginning of his post, he gave credit to owner of the picture and clearly acknowledged that the work isn't his, so there is no copyright violation here. However if he did say those pictures were his work or if he did not credit the image owner, now that a clear violation even though he did not have the intent of doing so
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by back2back(f): 5:00pm On Dec 01, 2009
useless Military,

where are they to protect the NIGERIANS just killed in Bakasi by Cameroun Army??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof / Edo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring / 2019 Presidential Election Results Announcement By Mahmood Yakubu, INEC (Part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.