Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:31 AM

Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes (27611 Views)

"Alabosi" - Nigerians Blast Mercy Aigbe For Praising Toyin Abraham's Ex-husband / Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe For Her 40th Birthday / Fans Blast Mercy Aigbe For Her Swimsuit Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by alfa2016: 10:20am On Jan 20, 2017
"I Don't Know Her, I have Never Spoken To Her, And The Said Outfit Wasnt Given To Me By Her" Actress Mercy Aigbe Reacts To Claims By Fashion Designer

Early this morning, a designer on Instagram @phoonmy_afrika called out actress Mercy Aigbe for allegedly refusing to credit her for an outfit she made for her. Read what she wrote below:

"As someone who had worked behind the camera in the Nigerian Entertainment Industry popularly called Nollywood and now a Fashion Designer, I picked an interest in two Nollywood Stars @mercyaigbegentry and @jumokeodetola for two different reasons but as the Yoruba adage says: Isunmoni la nmo ise eni. On a closer look you get to know that these people are not what they portrayed. Jumoke Odetola in her case lived up to standard as we approached her to flaunt one of our designs on social media, she responsibly did as agreed an even advertised our company to a few friends while Mercy Aigbe on the other hand collected the sewn garment, wore it to occasions, flaunted it on IG and refused to tag our Company which was the gentleman agreement we had. The problem here is not the fact that Mercy did tag us but her mannerisms when we approached her. Mercy slyly responded well to our chat saying she would do a 'rerock' and tag us but immediately blocked our comments on our post then blocked us on instagram. We put a call through to Jumoke who acted as our link to Mercy tried to pacify the situation but another conversation with Jumoke's manager spurred our anger. According to Mr Abiodun Jimoh @abeyjomo, on telling Mercy Aigbe that she shouldn't have worn the clothes since she knew she wouldn't give the Company that gave her the garment the credit, Mercy had replied that she has worn it and there's nothing anyone can do about it. When we sent a message through Mr Jimoh that we would like to have our garment back. Mercy said it they can come and pick it, she later said No! She would not give it back. The big questions are? Did Mercy believe we gave her our clothe as Charity? Is she from a motherless baby's home? Does she feel so untouchable because she is a cheap star that she is? Does she by anyway know with whom she is dealing with? Things are about to get messy with Mercy and she should be ready for us because if we have to rip our clothes off her skin, we will... just to have it back.

Moji Delano Blog contacted the Mercy, who denied knowing the said designer. Speaking exclusively to MDB she said:

"I never had any agreement with her, I don't know her and the said shirt wasn't given to me by her. She just wants publicity and she is getting it, I am happy for her." She Said.

Photo of the outfit below:

http://mojidelano.com/2017/01/i-dont-know-her-i-have-never-spoken-to-her-and-the-said-outfit-wasnt-given-to-me-by-her-actress-mercy-aigbe-reacts-to-claims-by-fashion-designer/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by veekid(m): 11:31am On Jan 20, 2017
If she no pay yoh; just say; but which one is credit after paying you? Must she?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 20, 2017
Na wa.

Any dog wey go lost no gree hear hunter whistle.

Once your village people have finished their assignments on ur head, nobody advice you go gree hear.

9 Likes

Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by ALAYORMII: 11:31am On Jan 20, 2017
From what I read here, the designer sounds like a trouble maker

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by hydeekam: 11:31am On Jan 20, 2017
so, if the designer know that she can get her cloth back, why telling the general public?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by SexyBabe001: 11:32am On Jan 20, 2017
Fela has sang it before... Na craze world we dey..

Ladies with wahala. Hmmmm

5 Likes

Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by darlenese(f): 11:32am On Jan 20, 2017
Never knew celebs enjoy free cloths grin grin grin grin

20 Likes

Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by Lifebender(m): 11:32am On Jan 20, 2017
Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by Dontripsy(m): 11:32am On Jan 20, 2017
SEEN
Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 20, 2017
Mtcheeeewww..... Ko kan aiye.
Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by Mr2kay2: 11:33am On Jan 20, 2017
Contact me for your Web design and traffic purchase.
08184564281 whatsapp

1 Like

Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by FuckTheMod: 11:33am On Jan 20, 2017
Of course
Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by lenco(m): 11:33am On Jan 20, 2017
Na wa o ....everybody wan blow sha!

6 Likes

Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by akandry: 11:33am On Jan 20, 2017
What should we do now .....Fry beans tongue undecided
Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by jay99(m): 11:33am On Jan 20, 2017
na wa o
Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by AgbenuAnna(f): 11:33am On Jan 20, 2017
people just want to get popular
Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by thunderbabs: 11:34am On Jan 20, 2017
Okay, let us settle the fight.

Mercyaigbe should tell us the fashion designer or tailor who sowed that one she's wearing...abi na konga or jumia sell am to her?

10 Likes

Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by KVC1970: 11:34am On Jan 20, 2017
Beautiful Lady, look good and African

1 Like

Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by kepal999: 11:34am On Jan 20, 2017
Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by ollaxworld: 11:35am On Jan 20, 2017
angry
Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by Nikkyfuck(f): 11:35am On Jan 20, 2017
Is okay
Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by virtual3xpert: 11:35am On Jan 20, 2017
Lovely design!

1 Like

Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by iornenge81(m): 11:35am On Jan 20, 2017
space booked
Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 20, 2017
The cloth sef look.plain. Go pay!

2 Likes

Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by texazzpete(m): 11:36am On Jan 20, 2017
Dash me the free clothes and see if I won't promote their brand on my account smiley

Unfortunately for the fashion designers, Nigerians don't really care and have short memories. Mercy will continue to rock the free clothes and they'll get zero credit.

C'est la vie.

3 Likes

Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by Collins0609(m): 11:36am On Jan 20, 2017
hmmmmm
Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by czaratwork: 11:36am On Jan 20, 2017
mercy is not telling us the truth here.

8 Likes

Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by texazzpete(m): 11:37am On Jan 20, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
people just want to get popular

Mercy, right? I agree.

5 Likes

Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by lollypeezle(m): 11:37am On Jan 20, 2017
i believe the fashion designer.

What will it take you to just tag them, lobatan

#MyOpinion

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by Pearly255(f): 11:37am On Jan 20, 2017
Mrs fashionista you see yourself... undecided take it easy sha.
Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 20, 2017
Re: Designer Calls Out Mercy Aigbe For Not Giving Her Credit For Wearing Her Clothes by DlawTECHY(m): 11:47am On Jan 20, 2017
veekid:
If she no pay yoh; just say; but which one is credit after paying you? Must she?

Guy try to read and comment again

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tunde Ednut Advises Those Waiting Until 35 To Get Married / Kcee Celebrates His 40th Birthday In Style (Photos) / Kwadwo Safo: Juliet Ibrahim's Ex-husband, Reacts To Claims Of Impregnating Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.