Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? (20893 Views)

Why Ponzi Schemes Always Fail (Graphic And Mathematical Proof) / Sky Bank Frozen Withdrawal Like MMM / Ponzi Schemes Like Mmm Make Use Of Dark Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by cosade(m): 5:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
kilokeys:

Inasmuch as i am not a proponent for MMM... i can categorically classify you as myopic and very ignorant.

are stocks and real estates promising 30 percent ROI in a month?

talk better thing Mr

Whoever wants to make ROI of 30% per month is a thief, greedy and gullible person.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by ibolomo(m): 5:18pm On Jan 20, 2017
I don't know what goes on in their minds when they use life savings to 'invest' in ponzi schemes. MMM participants really need to Get Help.
Pun intended. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by frank202012: 5:29pm On Jan 20, 2017
slaknoah:
I still find it difficult to understand, why many of Nigerians, even some friends and family can be so greedy.
Your uncle you went to last month to invest in your business and said he doesnt have such money is the same one you heard invested paid 4 million to MMM.

Why cant we be as realistic as possible, and stop running after all these quick money schemes.
The man that paid 4million to MMM could have gone into Real Estates or even buy stocks.

Just dont understand. Is this wickedness or greediness.

Are u not among the ppl that is clapping when market places re been demolished by lagos state govt
Its just a question ooo

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 20, 2017
Bjergtrolde:

Do you sell Dangote cement or cars seized by customs?
How post reads like one of those spam messages offering one of the above

I didn't get u?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by ademate(m): 5:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
We Nigerians especially youth, we have myopic and lazy in thinking and vision. We all pursue unrealistic ambition, we want to live like politicians while politicians want to live like God. Pentecostal pastors also had to Nigeria problems saying ungodly prophecies to drawn people or members to their churches, this leads many into sort of crimes call it God Blessing. MMM is a fake business, can any member of MMM call yahoo boiz bad names, No they also involved in cyber crime like yahoo boiz.
Is it bad for any of MMM participants to setup a firm and register it and run eligible business of loan people's money at a single digit rate? When they have billions to garb with. But they want Dollar that is not their father's money
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by piusjoe(m): 5:46pm On Jan 20, 2017
U correct jare
chemystery:
Cos we were spoilt by nature. Nature gave us natural resources like crude oil and we saw it as all and all and refuse to use our head. Whereas other countries not blessed by nature like China are using their intelligence. Now oil money we no dey see. And because that laziness is already there, anywhere we see free money without work we go shook head.

Together We Can Change The World is not a slogan for lazy men like MMM participants. It is slogan for intelligence-driven and hardworking fellas. cool
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Gorgeous1guy(m): 5:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
IVORY2009:
Because we Nigerians like quick result/money.

A lot has been said about d stupidity and laziness of Nigerians as being d main reason for joining MMM but none of d "smart" and "hardworking" persons has given any idea of a reasonable investment one can do in this country that will yield half of what MMM investors got.
The truth is that there is None!
Ponzi schemes also exists in so many countries of d world and whether we like it or not, a lot of people had made much more than what de lost in MMM.
Pls its not right for anyone to condemn what other does when you can't even give advice of a better investment package.
It may also interest us to know that so many people who invested in MMM (and of course got good returns earlier) are not actually jobless, lazy people. Its actually the lacking, jobless and envious ones that are crying over MMM.
Pls leave MMM and other ponzi schemes alone as all those involved knows d risk ahead and they are ready to bear thier pains (if any) alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by jeff1607(m): 5:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
slaknoah:
I still find it difficult to understand, why many of Nigerians, even some friends and family can be so greedy.
Your uncle you went to last month to invest in your business and said he doesnt have such money is the same one you heard invested paid 4 million to MMM.

Why cant we be as realistic as possible, and stop running after all these quick money schemes.
The man that paid 4million to MMM could have gone into Real Estates or even buy stocks.

let's look @ a poor man's point of view or the lower class

what biz can one do with as low as 20k without issues knowing how much things ve gone up, recharge card biz isn't as rosy as b4, farming needs large capital, properties nko, or is it a cybercafe where 20k can't afford u a pc,photocopier and generator. some peep still de search for free browsing

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by mekuso89(m): 5:49pm On Jan 20, 2017
na some people dey do them from village
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by charlesucheh(m): 6:13pm On Jan 20, 2017
It is simply because, We are cowards down here and our "OJUKOKORO" will not let us take the risk most normal investing media's carry along! U see brother, that is why we are sometimes, Vulnerable to PONZI" and CON related cash deals!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
kenonze:
while you are busy with your doubts
I have made N200,000 just today bw 8:45am to 12:45pm
Via Joyful Donor after PH of same amount.
Life is risk Infact it is risky not to take risks
How?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by eagleonearth(m): 6:24pm On Jan 20, 2017
kalindaminda:

I'm sure everyone has gotten their 30% now?
THEY WILL EVENTUALLY GET IT. WATCH OUT
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 20, 2017
All I know is get help worldwide still rocks
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 20, 2017
because most nigerians want overnight riches. an average niaja is very wicked & greedy using Christianity & Muslim religion to deceive themselves. it takes d fear of God to meet good Nigerians

Secondly, d government have so much make the people so poor that they lack good reasoning facilities & fear of God. Most nigerians are getting very stupid by the day that what you hear now when you tried correcting somebody are "is it your business, money, is it your life, is it your body, who made you a judge? e concern you?. By the time they start running mad or down with terrible affliction, they live their children ophans & the circle of waywardness, poverty & pains continue in already decayed society & family. family value is dead in Nigeria. Everything is money money money now. I wan HAMMER without moral way of making money. From gambling to ponzi to 419 . covetousness & stealing is the WORD for all of this. They foolishly follow the doctrine of pastors & church instead of God. How on earth MMM crip into some so called big church goes to show how morally decayed Nigeria is

"E concern you" is what has destroyed Nigeria to this level. Politicians are just killing us while we keep hoping God jump down from heaven to deliver us. How can God help us when we ourselves not far from wickedness.

Now Yahoo Plus is the reigning thing now in Nigeria. small boys buying cars & building vanities at the expense of others blood & say "soft work " OK oo
now the whole thing don concern una for that country.

SOLUTIONS
PUT good government with fear of God in place & you start enjoying in Nigeria. they are there for themselves & family . sadly the upcoming Nigeria youths & kids have started planning same like the current old generation of thieving & wicked political leaders & d circle continue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Olanna45(f): 6:34pm On Jan 20, 2017
ademate:
We Nigerians especially youth, we have myopic and lazy in thinking and vision. We all pursue unrealistic ambition, we want to live like politicians while politicians want to live like God. Pentecostal pastors also had to Nigeria problems saying ungodly prophecies to drawn people or members to their churches, this leads many into sort of crimes call it God Blessing. MMM is a fake business, can any member of MMM call yahoo boiz bad names, No they also involved in cyber crime like yahoo boiz.
Is it bad for any of MMM participants to setup a firm and register it and run eligible business of loan people's money at a single digit rate? When they have billions to garb with. But they want Dollar that is not their father's money
I disagree with you. The Nigerian youths i knlw are not lazy. A larger percentage of them work harder than the ant itself. Its just that a majority of them are so unfortunate to be born in a society where little or no help is given to them. No form encouragement at all. Their efforts are being frustrated daily by the policies of our so called government.
Nigerian youths are very hardworking and smart as well. Next time speak only for thy self.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Olanna45(f): 6:38pm On Jan 20, 2017
jeff1607:

let's look @ a poor man's point of view or the lower class

what biz can one do with as low as 20k without issues knowing how much things ve gone up, recharge card biz isn't as rosy as b4, farming needs large capital, properties nko, or is it a cybercafe where 20k can't afford u a pc,photocopier and generator. some peep still de search for free browsing
Thank you my dear... They will be online, behind the screen of a computer and be practicing financial experts. Take a step into the real world and see what it like to set up a business. Even the successful businessmen are gnashing their teeth and crying... If you are still feeding of your parents, you have no right whatsoever to speak of what is financially right and wrong...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by nkemjacob2(m): 6:45pm On Jan 20, 2017
with the way the bad economy is in Nigeria​, MMM is what Nigeria needs

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Olumaeme: 6:56pm On Jan 20, 2017
Name 5 real investments in Nigeria that could make an average man money

Do you know how much you will fix in bank before even making 200k profit?
If you are not rich or know somebody in Nigeria, baba no show for u

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by mithras(m): 7:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
Greed and fast/free money.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Topmaike007(m): 7:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
slaknoah:

u are making sense bro
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
pesinfada:
How?

It sounds like magic but it's real although as a ponzi scheme I cannot guarantee u.
A friend made total of 700k profit yesterday after paying in same amount.
I was amazed thus I went for it. I pledge N100k twice simultaneously @ exactly 8:45am, before 12:45 I was matched with 4 serious participants who on their own called me that they have paid in N100k each.
I smiled.
This evening, i paid in another 20k hoping to get paid 40k before morning.

Like I said u cannot trust it but for now it's working well.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by montumonami(m): 7:29pm On Jan 20, 2017
soft work
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by hoover420: 7:45pm On Jan 20, 2017
deebrain:
I don't criticize the scheme (despite all). I only criticize the greed of people towards the scheme.
To become a millionaire, you will make mistakes. You will fall for fakes. You will enter ventures that will survive and when your village people hear of it, it will just pack up.

Ask any billionaire. They have many "failure stories". And unlike the regular "let me just be financially okay" folks, aspiring billionaires take many (some even, stupid) risks. But they are CALCULATED. They put in what they can loose and recover from--if at all that venture will fail.

Imagine people borrowing money and adding their lives savings into MMM? now imagine people with such packs of cash, diversify or Put it into several ventures. The latter would have been better. Smart businessmen have the "what if" mentality in investment. IT CAN GO YOUR WAY. IT MAY NOT GO YOUR WAY! That's why they study before and when active in any investment.

A young man has 300k and in the name of the promise of whatsoever profit, HE EVEN BORROWS MONEY AND ADDS TO IT, to invest in MMM. I've never seen such a height of greed like that. What if it fails? What if one earthquake comes and crashes everything?

I remember how one guider sometime last August, was preaching about the scheme and investing in it, ENCOURAGING MASS INVESTMENT. People were closing their accounts to PH! Right in my eyes.

Let's learn. You have 300k. Divide it to at most (if you want to be silly) 10 pieces. If one failed today, the other will last a bit to make something from it.

Don't be greedy.

hmmm... very very sensible post!
to be financially independent, you have to GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Fantastic2m(m): 8:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
because..

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7) Greed
9) Lack of entrepreneurial Mindset
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
kenonze:

It sounds like magic but it's real although as a ponzi scheme I cannot guarantee u.
A friend made total of 700k profit yesterday after paying in same amount.
I was amazed thus I went for it. I pledge N100k twice simultaneously @ exactly 8:45am, before 12:45 I was matched with 4 serious participants who on their own called me that they have paid in N100k each.
I smiled.
This evening, i paid in another 20k hoping to get paid 40k before morning.

Like I said u cannot trust it but for now it's working well.
you have not said anytin
what is working?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Odkosh: 8:34pm On Jan 20, 2017
slaknoah:

You can say whatever you like "Mr"
Though I admit the fact that I am ignorant as I know little or nothing about the program cos it has been banned here.Still I laugh at the ignorance(as you said) of people concerning the kind of reputation the so called Mavrodi or whatever his name is, has in his home country.
na u ban am?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
pesinfada:
you have not said anytin
what is working?

That's not courteous enough.
Mind u am not a promoter of any scheme.
If u make ur money, u ain't gonna give me.

But if u want to know,
The scheme is "Joyful Donor". .... It is a ponzi scheme like MMM however there a lot of difference. 50% instant return
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2017
kenonze:

That's not courteous enough.
Mind u am not a promoter of any scheme.
If u make ur money, u ain't gonna give me.

But if u want to know,
The scheme is "Joyful Donor". .... It is a ponzi scheme like MMM however there a lot of difference. 50% instant return

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Iambond(m): 9:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
This is the lamest mmm thread ever, op you don't have anything to say, Clearly. So next time just let p quiet.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by Jibril10: 9:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
The country were politicians are looting millions of naira without prosecution is also the same country were some citizen are dying of starvation. I don't think their is any Nigerian that is more Nigerian than the other...My friend go advice your treasury looters and leave MMM alone!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Invest In Schemes Like MMM To Doing Real Investment? by lumeneng22: 9:32pm On Jan 20, 2017
You are still talking about stocks where Nigeria Banks dupe us big money that we never recover from. It's a pity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? / Where Can I Invest 500,000 Naira / Can A Person Have Two Bvn Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.