Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras (16257 Views)

JAMB: Ekene Franklin Scores Highest In 2019 UTME With 347 / Lecturer Stands On A Table To Invigilate During Exam In A Private University / Army Men To Invigilate Jamb 2017 Cbt Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by dammy13(m): 1:05pm On Jan 20, 2017
Registrar and Chief Executive of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, has said that candidates, who wish to sit for the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, will take the examination under the surveillance of Closed Circuit Television Cameras.

Oloyede who stated this in a briefing in Abuja said that the measure is aimed at preventing examination malpractice during the UTME.
“We believe that certain things should be done.

For example, we are conducting the Computer-Based Test, I’m not aware of anywhere in the world where you do the CBT without CCTV. If you are not caught during the examination, you can be caught after the examination because the whole thing will be under coverage.

“And that is the one instrument that we have been telling CBT operators in the last three weeks and we are not going to compromise that, beginning from the 2017 UTME,” he said.

Oloyede noted that the measure had become necessary to further strengthen public examinations, particularly entry level examinations into higher institutions.

According to him, operators of the CBT centres who fail to comply with the order to install CCTV cameras prior to the examination may not be accredited for the UTME.

Oloyede cautioned parents, guardians and candidates against patronising those he described as “fake vendors of UTME forms”, stressing that JAMB had neither started the sales of the form nor authorised any Cyber Cafe operator to sell the form on its behalf.

He also revealed that people who defrauded members of the public through the sale of fake UTME forms have been reported to the security agencies, adding that the latter are under instruction to arrest and treat such offenders accordingly.

The JAMB Registrar said, “I can say clearly that I don’t know when we are going to start the sales of forms. All we want to do is to make sure that things that ought to be in place are in place. I cannot tell you exactly when it will be, but I know that sales will commence sooner than later. Why am I saying so? For instance, we are meeting with the heads of other examination bodies.

“We don’t want a situation where pupils will be put under pressure to give up either West African Senior School Certificate Examination or National Examination Council or any other examination whenever they are taking place simultaneously. That is one of the things we want to avoid.

“Secondly, if we hold our examination at a time when students are not ready, the result we get is a high rate of failure. Our examination is a ranking examination, not an achievement examination. This is why we are saying that it is not to extend the validity because the test is to be taken just once.

“What happens to you in a day can determine whether you pass or fail. If someone quarrels with someone else that day, that can affect his performance, unlike achievement tests where there are inbuilt mechanisms for continuous assessment. We want to work with other examination bodies to ensure that the interest of the pupils is protected.”

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/01/jamb-to-invigilate-2017-utme-with-cctv.html

2 Likes

Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by sinaj(f): 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
Thanks

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by EmekaBlue(m): 1:33pm On Jan 20, 2017
Study well children...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by amuijiji: 1:33pm On Jan 20, 2017
CCTV
Waste of money.

How would CCTV stop boiz from receiving the answers as sms

Abi the CCTV is a mobile one that can monitor phones under the table

4 Likes

Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by mytime24(f): 1:33pm On Jan 20, 2017
jambites

2 Likes

Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by mccoy47(m): 1:33pm On Jan 20, 2017
Some jambites right now!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by mccoy47(m): 1:34pm On Jan 20, 2017
sinaj:
Pls have they started the registration? Nd wen will it close

Huh? Your a Jambite? undecided
Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by Damfostopper(m): 1:35pm On Jan 20, 2017
those who gives a fvck about jamb went d oda way

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by Pavore9: 1:35pm On Jan 20, 2017
Make candidates read well o! cheesy
Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by mystry(m): 1:35pm On Jan 20, 2017
touch not that expo and do your results no harm
grin

2 Likes

Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by sinaj(f): 1:38pm On Jan 20, 2017
mccoy47:

Huh? Your a Jambite? undecided
yes o!

Anything wrong with dat lol

M I too old?

3 Likes

Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 20, 2017
Students will use juju
Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by KingGeorgey(m): 1:38pm On Jan 20, 2017
Well.... Ain't doing this no more

Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by talkeverytime: 1:38pm On Jan 20, 2017
When is the form coming out?

Read here; 5 Things to do to ensure your success in 2017 http://talkeverytime..co.id/2017/01/5-things-to-do-to-ensure-your-success.html
Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by SEEDORF441(m): 1:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
Just conduct it well
Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by Enemyofpeace: 1:41pm On Jan 20, 2017
sinaj:
finish your junior WAEC first before you start talking about JAMB

4 Likes

Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by trippla01(m): 1:41pm On Jan 20, 2017
Noted
Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by NevetsIbot(m): 1:42pm On Jan 20, 2017
sinaj:
did you even read the post?... If you did.. You wouldnt be askimg this
Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by abercrombie(m): 1:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
let them keep it coming......shebi na .jamb cry
Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by mccoy47(m): 1:45pm On Jan 20, 2017
sinaj:
yes o!

M I too old?

Nah. Not too old.
Just that your comments sort of struck me like one whose gotten the "university exposure".

Nice! smiley

3 Likes

Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by yungEX(m): 1:46pm On Jan 20, 2017
sinaj:
yes o!

M I too old?
Loo!! Pick uniben o
Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by tens4real(m): 1:54pm On Jan 20, 2017
Jamb go strong this year
Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by Olasco93: 1:56pm On Jan 20, 2017
Monies they should have used in standardizing the CBT and other lopholes related to the CBT, they are wasting it on CCTV.
I wonder who advice these people. "No long term plan, no projection into the future, they will just wake up from the Left side of their bed and take decision without proper planning..." It's alarming when I see Academicians who think and behave like those who never pass through the four-walls of a classroom. Wasting our scarce resources on things that are irrelevant, unecessary and unimportant at the present HOUR. What a bismal and sadonic decision from JAMB.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by sinaj(f): 1:56pm On Jan 20, 2017
NevetsIbot:
did you even read the post?... If you did.. You wouldnt be askimg this
asking u mean?

Well thanks.
Was kinda busy nd couldn't read it.
Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by sinaj(f): 1:57pm On Jan 20, 2017
yungEX:

Loo!! Pick uniben o
yes I will surely pick Uniben for him tongue

My younger bro actually lol
Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by sinaj(f): 1:59pm On Jan 20, 2017
mccoy47:

Nah. Not too old.
Just that your comments sort of struck me like one whose gotten the "university exposure".

Nice! smiley
was enquiring for someone tho nt me tongue

Thanks btw!
Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by marajonyx(m): 2:08pm On Jan 20, 2017
hmmm

Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by mccoy47(m): 2:09pm On Jan 20, 2017
sinaj:
was enquiring for someone tho nt me tongue

Thanks btw!
Owkay. Taught as much.

Your welcome smiley
Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by sinaj(f): 2:12pm On Jan 20, 2017
mccoy47:

Owkay. Taught as much.

Your welcome smiley
thought tongue
Re: JAMB To Invigilate 2017 UTME With CCTV Cameras by iambabaG: 2:13pm On Jan 20, 2017
Instead of them to set up standard CBT centres.. that can even generate money for the agency; they'll come up with one elephant project to embezzle money.
Who carries expo in writing CBT exams? Clearly only people as dumb as they are

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria: Universities And A Growing Army Of First-class Graduates - Iyabo Lawal / Abia State University: Statement of Results cease to be valid from 1st Dec, 2023 / IPPIS: ASUU Members Sneak To Register, Enrolment Hits 937,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.