Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,781 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas (53772 Views)

Is It Compulsory To Vacuum A Vehicle's AC System Before Refill? / The Reason Why You Must Go Round Your Car Before You Drive Off / Watch:Reason Why You Shouldn't Buy A Lamborghini Murcielago If You're A Big Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 1:11pm On Apr 16, 2017
Happy sunday

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by sherbol: 11:14pm On Apr 16, 2017
mosbus:
Happy sunday
Happy Easter broda.

Let me use this medium to thank you for saving me from spending a huge sum of money dis Easter.

Ma car a/c suddenly stopped working. It was just blinking d green light,nt cooling at all.my car a/c repairer checked n told me ma compressor n condenser is bad.
I ran to dis forum as usual thinking abt 100k to spend to make ma car a/c work again n I saw Mobus fone no n I called him to explain to him.

He ran some checks on d car thru fone because am based in d east . I sent him som fotos n video of d state of d compressor.
He told me to give d fone to ma a/c man n even ma rewire n he told dem wot to do.

In summary, I spent just 10k instead of d list of abt 100k to change d compressor, change d condenser n some other things.

Anytime am in Lagos, I will come to pay Mobus a courtesy visit at his workshop.

Thank you n God bless.

4 Likes

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by MarkAfoo: 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2017
@Mosbus. Thank you very much for the other day. I am the man that came to your workshop with 2006 Rav4 on the 6th of this month, to seek for advice on the installed manual compressor. I put on the AC yesterday 16/4/17, it was blowing hot air. Could it be because the car was idle? I am presently in Osogbo where the compressor was installed and I will go to the AC technician tomorrow to remove the compressor. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by dennax(m): 7:15am On Apr 19, 2017
hw can i connect ur shop from iyana solo? coming from oshodi
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 4:18pm On Apr 19, 2017
dennax:
hw can i connect ur shop from iyana solo? coming from oshodi
from iyana isolo just keep driving down as if you are going to mass burial, before isolo market you will see a plaza called the boss plaza navigate to your left immediately after the plaza,
The third street by your left is oke ho street,when you get to the street give me a call.
Thanks for the patronage.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by torres89: 10:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
mosbus:
Happy sunday
please I need a complete AC kit
manifold guage and vacuum pump
any suggestions were I can get it around Lagos
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 9:51am On Apr 20, 2017
torres89:

please I need a complete AC kit

manifold guage and vacuum pump

any suggestions were I can get it around Lagos
you can't get it around except you other from Amazon
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by torres89: 2:09pm On Apr 20, 2017
mosbus:
you can't get it around except you other from Amazon

Thanks
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 10:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
SIGNS TO KNOW IF YOUR AUTOMOBILE AIR CONDITIONING EXPANSION VALVE IS BAD.

We've had expansion valves stoped working on the road and doesn't show any sign of problems in the workshop.what's worse an expansion valve can stick closed,stick open,or hang somewhere in between.
Of all the experience seen over years,are those that stick closed are most common.
The gauge will show low suction side pressure lower than high Side pressure.the low side May even draw into a vacuum.
This fault can only be detected with a manifold guage.
For any more enquiries pls contact mosbus cool on 08026941215 or 08037586148
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by pukka5050: 12:26pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hello Mobus,
I was the one that came with baby boy last Saturday to repair my AC. Thanks for the wonderful job.I'm really enjoying the AC now.

I really love your hospitality and professionalism in the field. There is no doubt about it you are a guru unlike some AC technicians who will be doing trial by error on your AC.

I won't hesitate to recommend anyone who has AC issue to this guy. I see him as a learned and he has computerized equipment to diagnose your AC system.

Weldone Mobus.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 7:57pm On Apr 26, 2017
pukka5050:
Hello Mobus,
I was the one that came with baby boy last Saturday to repair my AC. Thanks for the wonderful job.I'm really enjoying the AC now.

I really love your hospitality and professionalism in the field. There is no doubt about it you are a guru unlike some AC technicians who will be doing trial by error on your AC.

I won't hesitate to recommend anyone who has AC issue to this guy. I see him as a learned and he has computerized equipment to diagnose your AC system.

Weldone Mobus.
Thanks for your patronage.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 9:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
torres89:

ok

please wats the price range of your AC recharge ?
Pls let chat on what's app if you don't mind,here is my num 08026941215
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 7:57am On May 02, 2017
dsaintJ4Real:
Good day to you Mosbus.
I have an Opel Zafira 2005. The condenser has been checked and found to be leaking just behind the fan. Is it advisable to repair or replace?
And do you also deal in parts? smiley
In addition, which of your contact numbers is for Whatsapp?
Thanks.
If the hit isn't much they can weld it up,
My what's app number 08026941215.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 8:49pm On May 02, 2017
Always Make you clean your cabin filter at least every 3 months.
How to identify that your cabin filter is clog.
1,When ever you regulate your fan speed to num 2-3 and you don't fill the air touching you but when you put the fan to the highest speed then you start fill the air pls check your cabin filter.
2,when people at the back seat is complaining of heat in the car but people sitting at the front seat is filling cold pls check your cabin filter.
Fill free to contact mosbus if you have any issues with you automobile air conditioning.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by michaelchinedu(m): 10:05am On May 03, 2017
AVAILABLE CARS FOR SALE CONTACT FOR MORE INFO AND OTHER.
1999 toyota camry for sale available at an auction rate of 450,000 naira with full option to place an order you can contact on +2347036879479 Or you Can WhatsApp me too thank you.

I have a tokunbo Benz C220 "97" for sale @ 1.2 Million,
It is very clean.
Direct from Germany.
call +2347036879479 Or you Can WhatsApp me too for more pictures and clean Business thanks

benz C220 1997 for sale

alloy wheels

Power windows

power door locks

Air Bags

ABS

5 speed Auto Transmission

open roof

auto

Factory fitted AC

*Direct from Germany*.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 5:40pm On May 09, 2017
Just changed a client evaporator.
what causes the damage is Lack of dusting is cabin filter.
Pls Always do preventive maintenance on your car.
Cleaning of cabin filter won't cost you any thing.

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Iolo(m): 10:02pm On May 09, 2017
Correct guy. I really appreciate your work on my Lexus. Still enjoying my AC till now.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mokset123: 9:26pm On May 10, 2017
My honda accord 2006 ac vent on the left and right of the drivers side doesn't cool as much as that of the passenger side
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by protocol(m): 11:52pm On May 10, 2017
bro toks Toyota corolla drops water on d front passenger foot mat. is it normal?
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 6:31am On May 11, 2017
mokset123:
My honda accord 2006 ac vent on the left and right of the drivers side doesn't cool as much as that of the passenger side
your gas level is low or check your heater regulating switch if you mistakenly increase the temperature.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 6:35am On May 11, 2017
protocol:
bro toks Toyota corolla drops water on d front passenger foot mat. is it normal?
No is not.check if your drainage hose is dropping water outside.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mokset123: 7:59am On May 11, 2017
mosbus:
your gas level is low or check your heater regulating switch if you mistakenly increase the temperature.
The switches are low on both sides so definately, my gas is low. How does vacuuming the ac system work? I have done ac refill before and they never vacuumed for me.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 8:27am On May 11, 2017
mokset123:

The switches are low on both sides so definately, my gas is low. How does vacuuming the ac system work? I have done ac refill before and they never vacuumed for me.
your car has leakage pls check for leakage before refilling.
Vacuuming a system helps your car to take the right amount of gas when refilling.
If you don't vacuum before refilling,they are some trapped air inside the system and by definition air occupy space. So the right quantity of gas that is supposed to go Inside the system won't go in that is why most technician refill excess of gas inside your car.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mokset123: 9:42am On May 11, 2017
mosbus:
your car has leakage pls check for leakage before refilling.
Vacuuming a system helps your car to take the right amount of gas when refilling.
If you don't vacuum before refilling,they are some trapped air inside the system and by definition air occupy space. So the right quantity of gas that is supposed to go Inside the system won't go in that is why most technician refill excess of gas inside your car.
Thanks I would tell my ac tech to check for leakage.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by protocol(m): 9:56am On May 11, 2017
mosbus:
No is not.check if your drainage hose is dropping water outside.
no is not
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 2:11pm On May 11, 2017
protocol:
no is not
The drainage is blocked,that is why you are seeing water inside the car.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by protocol(m): 5:34pm On May 11, 2017
mosbus:
The drainage is blocked,that is why you are seeing water inside the car.
i will mek out time and come to ur workshop. thank u Sir
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 12:04pm On May 14, 2017
Have you ever lifted the hood of your car and noticed a label calling out specifications for your mobile A/C system? Did you ever wonder why it was there?

Your car’s manufacturer put that label in the engine compartment in compliance with a standard set by SAE International. It is SAE “J” standard 639.The label is also required by some regulatory state and federal authorities.

Avoid removing this label from your car.

Look closely at the label photograph above. Notice the label recommends professional service for the air conditioning system. There are two basic reasons for professional service, first a personal safety concern as the system is under pressure and can cause injury and second the refrigerant charge and refrigerant lubricant amount are critical to system performance.

Notice it identifies the refrigerant in this particular vehicle as HFC-134a and tells the service professional the refrigerant capacity in both ounces and grams. It also calls out the plus (+), minus (-) tolerance, this means the system will still function properly within this range of over/under refrigerant charge.

Look to the far right of the label, in this column the type of compressor lubricant is called out for the service technician so he knows exactly what type and how much to add to the system.

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by fortunejum: 1:03pm On May 14, 2017
mosbus:
Always Make you clean your cabin filter at least every 3 months.
How to identify that your cabin filter is clog.
1,When ever you regulate your fan speed to num 2-3 and you don't fill the air touching you but when you put the fan to the highest speed then you start fill the air pls check your cabin filter.
2,when people at the back seat is complaining of heat in the car but people sitting at the front seat is filling cold pls check your cabin filter.
Fill free to contact mosbus if you have any issues with you automobile air conditioning.
,..this is what is happening to my car ac but I am told that my car (1998 Toyota Camry​) does not have cabin filter. what should I do?
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 7:11am On May 15, 2017
fortunejum:

,..this is what is happening to my car ac but I am told that my car (1998 Toyota Camry​) does not have cabin filter. what should I do?
It has filter,the filter in your car is a net type,but if the filter has been removed and the same problem still persist that means your evaporator is dirty.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by protocol(m): 7:43pm On May 15, 2017
Boss, my ac control does not stay on if i press it to switch it on. but if i press and hold it, it will stay and start working but if i remove my hand it will off. thanks Boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Lady Shows Off The N35m Gwagon Her Parents Bought For Her (Photos) / The 7 Most Expensive Cars In The World (Photos) / Have You Ever Seen A Range Rover Pickup Before? Dope Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.