Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas (53763 Views)

Is It Compulsory To Vacuum A Vehicle's AC System Before Refill? / The Reason Why You Must Go Round Your Car Before You Drive Off / Watch:Reason Why You Shouldn't Buy A Lamborghini Murcielago If You're A Big Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by SmartchoicesNG: 11:25pm On Aug 21, 2017
mosbus:
NO
I know where my leak is.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 11:30pm On Aug 21, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

I know where my leak is.
Good,you made the job easy.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by SmartchoicesNG: 11:31pm On Aug 21, 2017
mosbus:

Good,you made the job easy.
Still a free lunch for me?
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 9:14am On Aug 22, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

Still a free lunch for me?
That isn't a problem
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by chukel(m): 8:55am On Sep 04, 2017
Please for your professional and top notch ac work, mosbus is the guy to call. Engaged his services and I must say I'm all smiles. From my experience with ac issues, it may be too early to commend him. But when u see a perfectly done work, you will know. Car ac restored to factory condition. Chills extraordinarily. System was vacuumed and recharged to specification using his Ecotechnic ECK 1500-N8 automatic refilling and recycling machine for car air conditioning. I'm really impressed. Nigerians are doing well. Just praying I get this satisfaction from the paint job I will do at pristineautos. Kudos moses. I will recommend people to you.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 11:51am On Sep 04, 2017
chukel:
Please for your professional and top notch ac work, mosbus is the guy to call. Engaged his services and I must say I'm all smiles. From my experience with ac issues, it may be too early to commend him. But when u see a perfectly done work, you will know. Car ac restored to factory condition. Chills extraordinarily. System was vacuumed and recharged to specification using his Ecotechnic ECK 1500-N8 automatic refilling and recycling machine for car air conditioning. I'm really impressed. Nigerians are doing well. Just praying I get this satisfaction from the paint job I will do at pristineautos. Kudos moses. I will recommend people to you.
thanks bro........
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by afoife: 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2017
oga
my ac cools at will. sometimes it is doing well and at other times not cooling live in ibadan
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 10:51pm On Sep 05, 2017
afoife:
oga
my ac cools at will. sometimes it is doing well and at other times not cooling live in ibadan
what kind of car is it and year model.
But does it get cold when you drive faster.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by almsofgold: 1:55am On Sep 06, 2017
AC of 93 Honda Ascot Innova (Honda Bullet) leaked out second day after filling.help
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 10:48am On Sep 06, 2017
almsofgold:
AC of 93 Honda Ascot Innova (Honda Bullet) leaked out second day after filling.help
that is a serious leakage check the pipes,hoses and condenser,if there is know trace of oil spills around check the cabin evaporator.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 1:06pm On Sep 22, 2017
Changing of evaporator for BMW 330 Ci 2006

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 3:43pm On Sep 29, 2017
Latest brain box security for Toyota Corolla 2004

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Zeroid105: 1:07pm On Oct 07, 2017
mosbus:
Just changed a Ford Edge 2008 air conditioning evaporator,it was damaged due to lack of cleaning the cabin filter and pls when ever you change any air conditioning parts in your car make sure they vacuum the system before refilling.

Pls, kindly explain how dirty cabin filter can damage d evaporator. Just curious.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by bassEQ2000: 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2017
How much do you vacuum and refill rav4 2004
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 7:21am On Oct 09, 2017
bassEQ2000:
How much do you vacuum and refill rav4 2004
vacuuming and refilling is 6,000
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 8:12am On Oct 09, 2017
Zeroid105:

Pls, kindly explain how dirty cabin filter can damage d evaporator. Just curious.
Evaporator failures can usually be summed up in one word: leakage.This often happens because dust or other organic material enter the evaporator case when there is excess dirty on your cabin filter,the worst case is when there is no cabin filter in the case. This moist atmosphere causes decomposition of the organic materials, and can form caustic corrosive substances which can eventually perforate the surface of the evaporator. These same substances can also sometimes lead to an odor problem inside the vehicle, most noticeable when the system is first operated. The evaporator fins are also likely to get clog from dust or organic materials.
At time can cause your pipes to freeze up because your evaporator is clog,and air can't pass through the thinning evaporator fins.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 8:40am On Oct 09, 2017
Pls be careful of people you give your cars to repair because some don't know the type of oil or materials to use. They assume all cars are the same forgetting they are different brands.
Pls beware.......ask questions

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mikhail777: 12:43pm On Oct 09, 2017
Having ac issues? Kindly contact mosbus, i thought mine was just an issue of a minor leak until he diagnosed it and discovered the problem was actually from the evaporator, which was changed after some strenuous work! Some challenges came up of course, but he overcame them.

Vacuuming was done thereafter before refilling. Thumbs up for a job well done!!

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by olumide4christ: 11:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
mosbus:
Get your car fixed up with the last sophisticated diagnosing tools for automobile car air conditioning.
You don't need to start your car before refilling.
We work base on manufacturers prescription @ mosbus cool.
Fill free to contact us if you have any issue with your car air conditioning.08026941215 or 08037586148
We are always happy when solving our clients issue.

Bros...I wish I had come across your thread at the beginning of this year...I wouldn't have spent so so much money trying to repair my car A/C and yet it is not working now. I have given up on the A/C and will not repair it as I will soon sell the car by God's grace.

Anyway...now I know you, I won't make mistakes again. When I get my new car, I shall contact you immediately.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2017
olumide4christ:

Bros...I wish I had come across your thread at the beginning of this year...I wouldn't have spent so so much money trying to repair my car A/C and yet it is not working now. I have given up on the A/C and will not repair it as I will soon sell the car by God's grace.

Anyway...now I know you, I won't make mistakes again. When I get my new car, I shall contact you immediately.
ok
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by vpnvouchers: 9:49am On Oct 10, 2017
Mobus is the Ac lord... His the best at what he does
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by bassEQ2000: 6:27pm On Oct 15, 2017
Can you come to ajala,after abule egba to do the vacuum and refilling.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 11:13am On Oct 16, 2017
bassEQ2000:
Can you come to ajala,after abule egba to do the vacuum and refilling.
LOL,am sorry I can't.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Efe527(m): 8:15pm On Nov 04, 2017
My 2007 v6 camry compressor is bad and my ac technician is recommending I replace it with a Peugeot 508 compressor, your advice on this would be much appreciated...thank you
I am based in Benin bdw
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 8:59am On Nov 05, 2017
Efe527:
My 2007 v6 camry compressor is bad and my ac technician is recommending I replace it with a Peugeot 508 compressor, your advice on this would be much appreciated...thank you
I am based in Benin bdw
pls don't try that,
Call me on 08026941215 because I want to get some fact.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by bdon123(m): 6:47pm On Nov 05, 2017
mosbus:
vacuuming and refilling is 6,000
minus cost of d gas?
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by bdon123(m): 6:53pm On Nov 05, 2017
Zeroid105:

am also curious.....to the best of my knowledge it will accumulate dust on the fins which will impede heat transfer btw the blowing air and d cold gas flowing through the evaporator.Thats a reduction in efficiency not damage#istandtobecorrected#
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by stanlotion(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2017
Pls oga Mobus , I have a 1999 Camry, I just changed my compressor last week and during the installation, the previous one was frozen stiff, the technician had to vaccum the system to clear the line. I just observed today that the compressor has failed again. Now why is my Ac compressor always failing Technician said dirt is still in the system. Meanwhile he changed the compressor, condenser and drier at the same time. Am really in a fix on what to do. He is advicing that I buy a new compressor and condenser and that he will have to flush the system again. Am confused.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 9:57pm On Nov 09, 2017
stanlotion:
Pls oga Mobus , I have a 1999 Camry, I just changed my compressor last week and during the installation, the previous one was frozen stiff, the technician had to vaccum the system to clear the line. I just observed today that the compressor has failed again. Now why is my Ac compressor always failing Technician said dirt is still in the system. Meanwhile he changed the compressor, condenser and drier at the same time. Am really in a fix on what to do. He is advicing that I buy a new compressor and condenser and that he will have.
to flush the system again. Am confused.
vacuuming a system doesn't mean you flushing the system line it simply means that you are sucking out the air in the system before refilling.
He is supposed to change the high pressure hose because most time the blockage comes from the hose.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 8:21am On Nov 14, 2017
Car Air Conditioner Maintenance

Tips for maintaining a car air conditioner

Prolong the life of your air conditioner by running it at least once a week to assist in keeping the compressor seals lubricated, which will prevent refrigerant from leaking.

Your air conditioning system not only cools your vehicle, one of its primary functions is to remove humidity from the cabin. In other words, use your air conditioner in winter to keep your windscreen free from fog.

When driving on the open road it is always a good idea to have your car air conditioner set to "flow through" ventilation and not "recirculate". This is due to the fact that .5% by volume of CO2 is dangerous and mat cause drowsiness and headaches.
For any enquirers concerning your air conditioner contact mosbus cool.

We are always ready to solve your car air conditioner issues.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2017
Run your air conditioner weekly.

On a weekly basis, turn the air conditioning on and let it run for approximately 10 minutes. Set the temperature to the coolest setting and the fan on the quickest speed. This will help to keep the gas pressure at its optimum level and the compressor in tiptop condition, reducing the chance of a mechanical problem from developing.

If your car’s air conditioning has a defrost setting, it is also worth running this for 10 minutes every week, to help to remove moisture from the system and thereby prevent the build-up of mildew. You’ll enjoy air conditioning that is fresher and less prone to emitting unpleasant smells that will affect the comfort and enjoyment of your journeys.

For any enquiry pls fill free to contact mosbus cool:08026941215
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2017
Pls beware of this fault on your car air conditioning system.
If you ever noticed your air conditioning stops cooling when ever the weather is sunny.
Pls check your SOLAR SENSOR,possible cause the sensor might be dirty or maybe during the process of changing your evaporator the technician forgot to put it in the right position.
If you scan the air conditioner system it will give you this code B1421 this is common on Toyota e.g.lexus,Prius etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Lady Shows Off The N35m Gwagon Her Parents Bought For Her (Photos) / The 7 Most Expensive Cars In The World (Photos) / Have You Ever Seen A Range Rover Pickup Before? Dope Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.