Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Vocal Analysis Of Some Of The Best Vocalists Outside Classical Music - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Vocal Analysis Of Some Of The Best Vocalists Outside Classical Music (1544 Views)

DOWNLOAD Mp3 ALBUM: Burna Boy – Outside [full Album Tracklists Downloads] *new / DOWNLOAD FULL ALBUM: Burna Boy – Outside / CLASSICALS SECTION: Meet New Classical Singers On Nairaland/internet !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vocal Analysis Of Some Of The Best Vocalists Outside Classical Music by brandonobi(m): 3:38pm On Jan 20, 2017
VOCAL ANALYSIS OF KIM SOHYANG.

VOCAL RANGE
eb3 - A6 (3octaves3notes)

SUPPORTED RANGE
G#3/A3 - F6 ( including head voice)
G#3/A3 - C6 ( not including head voice)

TESSITURA
Eb5 - F6

VOCAL TYPE
full lyric soprano

STRENGTHS
Due to her extremely well trained middle register and vocal endurance, she is able to consistently belt with resonance and power in the upper 5th octave, this skill has been very much well showcased all throughout her career. She is able to flawlessly transition btwn each registers without breaks and can do complex vocal lines in one breath and also sustain notes for very long lengths of time due to superior breath control, she can sing with no drop of support from A3 - F6, she is also one of the few sopranos who can stay within the soprano range effortlessly, truly one of Asia's best vocalists.

WEAKNESSES
compared to the rest of her voice, her lower register is under developed and lower notes can be unsupported.

REGISTERS
lower register: notes within eb3 - g3 can sometimes be lost due to airiness of them.

Middle register: extremely consistent and amazing ease 99.99% of the time supported. The ring(resonance) is almost always achieved in the a4-b5 range and resonance up to C6. Able to hold notes in the upper 5th octave for long lengths of time and able to maintain dynamics in this register up to G5. Generally uses a balance mix.

Head voice: well developed head voice that is connected with the rest of the voice. very bright, full and vibrant, able to maintain head resonance up to F6.

OVERALL TECHNIQUE
Breath control & support: amazing breath management, she can do feats like crescendo and decrescendo with ease and complete resonance, able to sing in the upper range with no pain. Amazing transitions btw head and chest voice. superior support is sadly not carried down to her lower register.
RESONANCE: very consistent resonance all through the mixed register, having the best ring in the Eb3 - A5 range.
her palate is raised 99.99% of the time and her voice maintains the brightness of a soprano.

RATINGS
Excellent vocalist.

Re: Vocal Analysis Of Some Of The Best Vocalists Outside Classical Music by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 11, 2017
jacksparr0w127
Re: Vocal Analysis Of Some Of The Best Vocalists Outside Classical Music by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 11, 2017
Tiny23:
jacksparr0w.127
see your fine smile smiley smiley cute

Now I understand your moniker tongue tongue
Re: Vocal Analysis Of Some Of The Best Vocalists Outside Classical Music by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 11, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:

lol,thanks.
Re: Vocal Analysis Of Some Of The Best Vocalists Outside Classical Music by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 11, 2017
Tiny23:

lol,thanks.
so you're Muslim?

You can take the picture down.
Re: Vocal Analysis Of Some Of The Best Vocalists Outside Classical Music by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:

lol,thanks.
Re: Vocal Analysis Of Some Of The Best Vocalists Outside Classical Music by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 11, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
so you're Muslim?

You can take the picture down.

yes,I'm a Muslim
Re: Vocal Analysis Of Some Of The Best Vocalists Outside Classical Music by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2017
Tiny23:

yes,I'm a Muslim
That's good. I can tell from how you covered your hair. Lol. And I can also tell you're an akokite cheesy cheesy

Yes, I'm stfu grin grin
Re: Vocal Analysis Of Some Of The Best Vocalists Outside Classical Music by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 11, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
That's good. I can tell from how you covered your hair. Lol. And I can also tell you're an akokite cheesy cheesy

Yes, I'm stfu grin grin

Really?
knew you were stfu,I'm an akokite.
Re: Vocal Analysis Of Some Of The Best Vocalists Outside Classical Music by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 11, 2017
Tiny23:

Really?
knew you were stfu,I'm an akokite.
How did you know?

Osheyyyyy Omo Akoka. Year 3? tongue tongue
Re: Vocal Analysis Of Some Of The Best Vocalists Outside Classical Music by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 11, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
How did you know?

Osheyyyyy Omo Akoka. Year 3? tongue tongue

yes,sir.
I just knew.
Re: Vocal Analysis Of Some Of The Best Vocalists Outside Classical Music by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 11, 2017
Tiny23:

yes,
I just knew.
ok o.

Thanks for showing me that beautiful face wink
Enjoy your weekend
Re: Vocal Analysis Of Some Of The Best Vocalists Outside Classical Music by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
ok o.
Thanks for showing me that beautiful face wink Enjoy your weekend
Thank you, enjoy the rest of your week end too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vocal Analysis Of Some Of The Best Vocalists Outside Classical Music by Med4BasicBitch: 2:55pm On Feb 11, 2017
Tiny23:

yes,sir.
I just knew.

angry Didn't YOU GET MY PM??

Re: Vocal Analysis Of Some Of The Best Vocalists Outside Classical Music by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 11, 2017
Med4BasicBitch:

angry Didn't YOU GET MY PM??

No,sir...with which monicker?
Re: Vocal Analysis Of Some Of The Best Vocalists Outside Classical Music by brandonobi(m): 1:55pm On Apr 02, 2017
VOCAL ANALYSIS OF BEYONCE

VOCAL TYPE: lyric mezzo soprano with coloratura abilities

VOCAL RANGE: F2 - G#5 - F6

SUPPORTED RANGE: C3 - F#5 - E6

VOCAL PROS: An incredibly agile voice with extraordinarily abilities of executing tough vocal gymnastics. Beyonces low notes are dark,healthy and supported down to B2/C3, she can also keep her vibrato down to Bb2. Her middle belts are easily a highlight of her voice, they have good placement and an open sound while maintaining support, agility and power.

Her upper belts are brighter than her middle belts, however still have the power in the mid belts. The mixed voice is more evenly mixed throughout the years and is very consistent.

Her head voice is rich, thick, beautiful and connected (supported up to E6 at least). She doesn't use falsetto often, her voice is covered with an even smooth vibrato and is incredibly resonant. Overall, an outstanding vocalist with spectacular agility.

VOCAL CONS: Upper belts may sometimes sound yelled without vibrato. Her tone has a dark quality to it and may not be to everyones taste.
Aside that, her technique is near flawless.

(1) (Reply)

Download MP3: Oliver By Ibraaahym / Justin Bieber – Yummy (lyric Video) / Tems -_- Avoid Things (complete Lyrics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.