Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Smoker Of Six Years Needs Help To Quit. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Smoker Of Six Years Needs Help To Quit. (1664 Views)

Anita & Jide: Man Who Earns ₦15m Asks His Fiancee Who Earns ₦42m To Quit Her Job / Black Lungs Of A Dead Smoker...shared By Chinese Doctors(photo) / How Do I Quit My Relationship With A Native Doctor's Daughter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smoker Of Six Years Needs Help To Quit. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 20, 2017
Opakan2:
Go to LUTH or LASUTH and ask them to show you lung cancer patients, the pain they go through.. nobody go advise you to stop
Thank.me later

Hmmmm. This is actually a good one. I need to see reality and be shocked. I think that has the potential of becoming the greatest motivation to quit. Thanks so much. I will schedule sometime for that.
Re: Smoker Of Six Years Needs Help To Quit. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 20, 2017
Lucaz:
when I say "smoking".. put weed aside though I don't do either. but I had its medicinal

cigarettes is harmful to the body, it contains nicotine, nicotine is very dangerous to health.

I understand what you mean, try to understand me as well.

For instance, if a person were to drink Otapiapia now, he knows he's not going to last very long, he knows that the substance will kill him so he is unlikely to consume such a harmful substance in the first place. Why? This is largely because of the instantaneous consequence of the action.

Now for a smoker, he knows the habit is bad, he knows that after a pack of cigarettes, he is not going to fall over and die, so regardless of the harmful consequences down the road, he will still indulge. That is why a smoker will keep smoking despite overwhelming evidence of the harmfulness.
Re: Smoker Of Six Years Needs Help To Quit. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 20, 2017
Nma27:
Ill b very objective and tell you to try a Rehab. 10 pack in 3 days!!! Jesu

Nma, no be small thing. It's a huge problem and it's so hard for me to quit on my own. I am even tired sef. The beast does't want to release me. So sad.

Can you tell more about this Rehab option. Do you have any ideas about pricing, location, duration etc. Just tell me more if you can. I am assuming you know someone who has been to Rehab, or that you are a healthcare worker.

Cheers.
Re: Smoker Of Six Years Needs Help To Quit. by Nobody: 5:47am On Jan 21, 2017
WriteBoy:

Nma, no be small thing. It's a huge problem and it's so hard for me to quit on my own. I am even tired sef. The beast does't want to release me. So sad.

Can you tell more about this Rehab option. Do you have any ideas about pricing, location, duration etc. Just tell me more if you can. I am assuming you know someone who has been to Rehab, or that you are a healthcare worker.

Cheers.
Sorry dear, I don't know anyone who has been to a rehab and neither am I an healthcare worker. Hope your parents know your struggles. I also have someone who smokes but wants to quit, his own no reach ur level at all o but I'm sure we will get there by d grace of God.
Re: Smoker Of Six Years Needs Help To Quit. by salamibigi(m): 9:06am On Jan 21, 2017
WriteBoy:

Thanks bro, I am curious. This nicotine patch you speak of: is it a Nigerian or US/UK solution? Can I readily get those in Nigeria. I tried Googling but did not get many results. Help.
I don google tire I no see, but I'm sure it's available in Nigeria you just av to keep searching....last resort https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-nicotine-patch.html
Re: Smoker Of Six Years Needs Help To Quit. by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 21, 2017
salamibigi:

I don google tire I no see, but I'm sure it's available in Nigeria you just av to keep searching....last resort https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-nicotine-patch.html

Thanks so much. I am collecting a list of options and I know this will be helpful.
Re: Smoker Of Six Years Needs Help To Quit. by joey150(m): 10:24am On Jan 21, 2017
i know for any addiction instant withdrawal never work..you'll always relapse..

once you make up your mind to quit...dont stress it..

start by reducing your cigarette intake slowly...only slowly... with time say maybe in 5 months you may be down to a stick a day...gradually you'll loose interest.

ignore those that say weed is better...quit inhaling any smoke altogether your lungs were not designed for smoke.

dont fight it..just win it gradually.
Re: Smoker Of Six Years Needs Help To Quit. by salamibigi(m): 10:33am On Jan 21, 2017
WriteBoy:

Thanks so much. I am collecting a list of options and I know this will be helpful.
U welcome

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girl Threatens To Sell Her Body Just To Raise N15,000 / Heartbroken, Need Someone To Talk To Please / Man Bathed With Hot Water By Wife 4 Taken A 2nd Wife Afta 8yrs In Marriage(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.