Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage (17981 Views)

Don’t Kill Your Husband. This Is How To Deal With Him If He Is Cheating On You / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Nobody: 2:04am On Jan 21, 2017
Most people get married in the hope of finding a partner with whom they can share anything and everything. Many hope to find their best friends in their life partners. Many get married thinking that they will never be lonely again, especially if you marry late in life.But, it is an unfortunate truth that many people do not find what they seek in their marriage. Many are left unsatisfied and lonely as their partner fails to understand them. This usually happens if you have a workaholic partner or if they were forced into marriage with you. Other times, your partner may not be aware that you are feeling lonely in the relationship.

Whatever be the case, it is not wise to simply throw in the towel and call it quits before trying to deal with the problem. In fact, loneliness in relationships can have devastating effects on you. You might tend to perceive others as less caring and affectionate than they really are. Here are some ways to deal with loneliness in marriage.

Ways to deal with loneliness in marriage are:

1.Take the initiative: In order to know how to cope with loneliness in marriage, you need to take the initiative and take down the walls you have built around yourself. Encourage your partner to do so as well.

2.Shared experience: The key to how to cope with loneliness in a marriage is to have shared experiences. This can be something mundane like taking the dog for a walk or going to the supermarket for a shopping.

3.Stand in their shoes: When the situation comes and you feel that your partner is neglecting you, try to understand their behaviour from his/her point of view. It may not be about you at all, he might simply be frustrated from work.

4.Do not blame yourself: In order to know how to cope with loneliness in a marriage, you need to stop blaming yourself. It is also a good idea to refrain from blaming your partner. Instead, work on constructive ideas to solve the issue.

5.Go on a date: A return to the times of your courtship is a good idea when you want to know how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage. Go on a date at least once in every month and reconnect with your partner.

6.Be communicative: Open and honest communication is key in learning how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage. When you start talking with each other, even trivial things, you pave the way to getting rid of loneliness.

7.A good listener: What is more important when talking to your partner is listening to him. While you learn how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage, you realise that not everything is about you. Be an attentive listener to your spouse.

8.A time for each other: In order to know how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage, set aside at least an hour each day to spend with your spouse. Leave the worries and responsibilities of your life aside and devote this time only for your spouse.

These are the ways to deal with loneliness in marriage.

http://www.jeloser.info/2017/01/how-to-deal-with-loneliness-in-marriage.html

mynd44 lalasticlala

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by vitalisdiho(m): 2:20am On Jan 21, 2017
Good beginnings make good endings

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by BiafranBushBoy: 2:53am On Jan 21, 2017
Op.. are you married?

I guess No... and you are giving advice to married people. sad.. As if marriage is a course we learn at school or a skill.

E no get wetin person no go use eyes see angry

cheesy cheesy

#BUSH

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Flexherbal(m): 4:41am On Jan 21, 2017
Communication is number 1

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Gee001: 7:35am On Jan 21, 2017
Cool but not yet married. It's my birthday, nairalanders you know what to do grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 21, 2017
Yes, you are right to some extent.
Getting married to the best friend is the best and COMMUNICATION is the key. Even in relationship, talk more. Keeping things to yourself when angry is the wrong way to go. Talk about it and apologize.

Dress well
Prepare new delicacies
Go out
Don't depend on him
Make the house a paradise where he will always be eager to return to.

Make him the happiest man
And don't forget, a hot sex wink

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 21, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Op you know say if nah MMM post you for still hit FP?

Why chook mouth for where you no get experience? Op why?

5 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by olasmith10(m): 7:37am On Jan 21, 2017
A non communicative marriage/ relationship is as good as inexistence
The truth it, there is actually no how your partner gets so assiduous and engaged that communication becomes an issue if he/she truly have the required affection for you whether your marriage is recent or not. Its not rocket science.
My boss graduated from unilorin and by then, his girlfriend was in 200l, he traveled twice every month from sokoto(where he served) to Ilorin just to see a girlfriend( not a wife) and he is a doctor with so much work schedule.
There was a time i had to feign illness at work just to get a sick leave, travel 6 hours all in a bid to be with my gf(now ex) who was in her penultimate year at school and needed me to help cos she was having challenges with understanding some course.
Everything boils down to affection, care and compassion
If you have called the attention of a partner to the lack of communication between each other d next thing is to give the a periodic ultimatum for or change of attitude else you are out!!!

8 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by lymelyte(m): 7:37am On Jan 21, 2017
marry your friend.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by michaelwilli(m): 7:37am On Jan 21, 2017
Gee001:
Cool but not yet married. It's my birthday, nairalanders you know what to do grin
We don't, tell us pls

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Masquerade7: 7:41am On Jan 21, 2017
still single and not proud.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 21, 2017
I married my best friend and i am not feeling lonely.

7 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 21, 2017
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin
Op you know say if nah MMM post you for still hit FP?
Why chook mouth for where you no get experience? Op why?

hmmm
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by grace008: 7:48am On Jan 21, 2017
Me get Jesus I will never be lonely, cos he never leaves me nor forsake me.

4 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by nefertitiram: 7:48am On Jan 21, 2017
HateU2:
Yes, you are right to some extent.
Getting married to the best friend is the best and COMMUNICATION is the key. Even in relationship, talk more. Keeping things to yourself when angry is the wrong way to go. Talk about it and apologize.

Dress well
Prepare new delicacies
Go out
Don't depend on him
Make the house a paradise where he will always be eager to return to.

Make him the happiest man
And don't forget, a hot sex wink

Gbam! Dazall!

Men are very simple. This your short list is a receipe for a happy home, except the man is complicated and needs deliverance.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by emerged01(m): 7:50am On Jan 21, 2017
Coping with loneliness in marriage is by making use of your time,spend your time on what you are interested in. Reading books etc

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by nefertitiram: 7:51am On Jan 21, 2017
lymelyte:
marry your friend.

When all the romantic euphoria blows over, what remains is this friendship but with all these plastic marriages everywhere, marriage has become a union of convenience.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by extwoo(m): 7:52am On Jan 21, 2017
So people get lonely in marriage shocked cry

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by hotspec(m): 7:52am On Jan 21, 2017
OP, what u copied only work in theory, which @|$0 made me conclude dt ure still single. In practice, nothing u wrote works. Once d marriage starts falling apart, little could be done..Moreso, there are things that happened that.leads to u isolating ur spouse, most of which u cant help.

E.g, My friend's wife is too heady and bossy and because she can cater for herself, finds it impossible to say sorry for any wrong she does. Rather she hibernates and stop giving him attention.for as long as she wants to punish my friend. Now, after sevral attempts to save d situation continuously hit d rock, my friend is.moving on with his life, though they still live together but nothing conjugal btw them again.

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:53am On Jan 21, 2017
Ok but just find something that interest you to do. Life does not last forever.

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by hotspec(m): 8:03am On Jan 21, 2017
extwoo:
Pray u dont be a victim. The key is treat ur spouse as ur best friend, and vice versa.
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by talkeverytime: 8:04am On Jan 21, 2017
Nice one op,

You guys should also read this 3 Lessons you need if you want to meet Mr Right in 2017 http://talkeverytime..co.id/2016/12/3-lessons-you-need-if-you-want-to-meet.html
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Mayflowa(m): 8:06am On Jan 21, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Op.. are you married?

I guess No... and you are giving advice to married people. sad.. As if marriage is a course we learn at school or a skill.

E no get wetin person no go use eyes see angry

cheesy cheesy

#BUSH

But these points are relevant. That is the problem, marriage should be studied in schools because we spend more than half of our lives in marriage.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by QuietHammer(m): 8:10am On Jan 21, 2017
Gee001:
Give you the traditional birthday beating?
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Mayflowa(m): 8:14am On Jan 21, 2017
hotspec:
OP, what u copied only work in theory, which @|$0 made me conclude dt ure still single. In practice, nothing u wrote works. Once d marriage starts falling apart, little could be done..Moreso, there are things that happened that.leads to u isolating ur spouse, most of which u cant help.

E.g, My friend's wife is too heady and bossy and because she can cater for herself, finds it impossible to say sorry for any wrong she does. Rather she hibernates and stop giving him attention.for as long as she wants to punish my friend. Now, after sevral attempts to save d situation continuously hit d rock, my friend is.moving on with his life, though they still live together but nothing conjugal btw them again.

Does the wife wanted the marriage saved but doesn't know how. The couple should see a marriage counselor. People are surprisingly oblivious of their role as a spouse in marriages. Counselor helps to bare out anger, douse tension and direct a feasible path for the couple.
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by papauju(m): 8:15am On Jan 21, 2017
Gee001:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISH YOU THE BEST

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Mayflowa(m): 8:15am On Jan 21, 2017
extwoo:

Yes. Many times than often. In fact the most lonely people in this world are the married!

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by goingape1: 8:27am On Jan 21, 2017
NairalandDSS:
Most people get married in the hope of finding a partner with whom they can share anything and everything. Many hope to find their best friends in their life partners. Many get married thinking that they will never be lonely again, especially if you marry late in life.But, it is an unfortunate truth that many people do not find what they seek in their marriage. Many are left unsatisfied and lonely as their partner fails to understand them. This usually happens if you have a workaholic partner or if they were forced into marriage with you. Other times, your partner may not be aware that you are feeling lonely in the relationship.

Whatever be the case, it is not wise to simply throw in the towel and call it quits before trying to deal with the problem. In fact, loneliness in relationships can have devastating effects on you. You might tend to perceive others as less caring and affectionate than they really are. Here are some ways to deal with loneliness in marriage.

Ways to deal with loneliness in marriage are:

1.Take the initiative: In order to know how to cope with loneliness in marriage, you need to take the initiative and take down the walls you have built around yourself. Encourage your partner to do so as well.

2.Shared experience: The key to how to cope with loneliness in a marriage is to have shared experiences. This can be something mundane like taking the dog for a walk or going to the supermarket for a shopping.

3.Stand in their shoes: When the situation comes and you feel that your partner is neglecting you, try to understand their behaviour from his/her point of view. It may not be about you at all, he might simply be frustrated from work.

4.Do not blame yourself: In order to know how to cope with loneliness in a marriage, you need to stop blaming yourself. It is also a good idea to refrain from blaming your partner. Instead, work on constructive ideas to solve the issue.

5.Go on a date: A return to the times of your courtship is a good idea when you want to know how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage. Go on a date at least once in every month and reconnect with your partner.

6.Be communicative: Open and honest communication is key in learning how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage. When you start talking with each other, even trivial things, you pave the way to getting rid of loneliness.

7.A good listener: What is more important when talking to your partner is listening to him. While you learn how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage, you realise that not everything is about you. Be an attentive listener to your spouse.

8.A time for each other: In order to know how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage, set aside at least an hour each day to spend with your spouse. Leave the worries and responsibilities of your life aside and devote this time only for your spouse.

These are the ways to deal with loneliness in marriage.

http://www.jeloser.info/2017/01/how-to-deal-with-loneliness-in-marriage.html

mynd44 lalasticlala
naija women deals with loneliness by fvcking there next door neighbor undecided

#simple Truth

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by flyca: 8:29am On Jan 21, 2017
Please always use Nigerian pictures for the Nigerian audience. What's with you peeps and white people's pictures sef?

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by mylove4him(f): 8:33am On Jan 21, 2017
Mayflowa:

Does the wife wanted the marriage saved but doesn't know how. The couple should see a marriage counselor. People are surprisingly oblivious of their role as a spouse in marriages. Counselor helps to bare out anger, douse tension and direct a feasible path for the couple.

Most people of such personality as the wife will never try marriage counseling cos they feel at peace with what they do. If the hubby had always been the one doing everything to keep the marriage she wouldn't want to leave the comfort of that space.

I have repeated severally some people don't have businesses getting married. If you have so much pride and ego. Stay out of marriages. Those two have ruin marriages more than infidelity itself.

7 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by anukulapo: 9:13am On Jan 21, 2017
True. Your partner may not be aware that you are lonely

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? / Man Beats His Sister For Trying To Stop Him From Cheating On His Wife / When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.