Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s (3047 Views)

When You’re In Desperate Need Of An “interesting Facts” Fix (pics) / "How To Know When Someone Is More Intelligent Than You" by UnoDiscuss.com / Things An Average Person Should Know Offhand... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by iwriterng(m): 3:49am On Jan 21, 2017
If you waste your 20’s, your 30’s would be rough…

Be Good At Something.

This is the appropriate time of your life to master something. It might be your meal ticket few years from now; or not. It might be the skill that would save your life in the future.

Most people in their 20’s focus on the idea of graduating from school, getting a job and “settling down”.

If you have this mindset, you’re setting yourself up for an average life.

The average life is very boring, and most people in that circus end up living hands to mouth. You don’t want that do you?

The message here is to look at something lucrative or something you have passion for; then get good at it. Practice, practice and practice until you become amazing at it.

Love playing drums? play every day! Love fixing stuffs? Fix stuff everyday! Love programming? Code everyday! Love writing? Write every fucking day!

That’s how you become amazing at something. And once you’re done mastering a skill, you move on to the next thing.

It’s important to dedicate your time to mastering valuable skills.

Knowing how to play FIFA like you were born with a game pad on your hands won’t cut it.

Stop Watching TV.

Get rid of your TV if possible.

Watching others go about their daily activities won’t make you smarter or richer.

It would rob you of your time.

Those who spend their life watching others usually end up miserable in life. You don’t want to be miserable do you?

All the shows on Telemundo won’t make you a better person.

Want to think more? Stop watching others on TV.

I know lot’s of people will come for my head because of this.

You can as well close your browser and stop reading.

But dude, , you can’t be serious with your life and spend a good chunk of your time watching TV.

You’re in your 20’s! If anybody would appear on TV (for good), it should be you.

Yoruba movies will make you more stupid. Same thing applies to American movies, oh, and Mount Zion movies won’t make you a saint.

You can do these at your leisure time (if you have any), it shouldn’t be a rule of thumb.

You’re in your 20’s and you pride yourself in having gazillions of movies on your hard drive, while you should be bursting your ass in something more valuable… #WehDonSir.

Understand Money and It’s Effect

People don’t get rich by living a broke life.

Let me break that down a little bit.

The broke mentality is over compensation for every little thing.

Broke people spend more than the rich.

They buy expensive stuffs, drive expensive cars, and flash cash everywhere.

Doing stuffs like that; flash cash and talk about money on social media; for the attention.

It indicates that you’re broke and suffering from little man syndrome.

Ask yourself why?

In most cases it’s because your understanding of money or wealth sucks.

…Compound effect…

There was a time I drank a bottle of coke everyday.

It became a habit, it was very difficult to let a day pass without drinking a bottle of coke.

Aside from ruining my back (I learned the hard way), it affected my spending habit too.

It’s called Compound Effect.

Buying a bottle of coke everyday cost #100. That’s #700 per week, #36,400 per year.

Compound effect!

The moral is to not form a habit that would make you look richer than you are.

These habits would eat into your purse.

Dress Like You’re The Real Deal

Don’t hide under the mask of religion and dress like a 90 years old granny.

You’re in the early phase of your life!

Dress in a way that would attract opportunities.

Being good looking brings respect on several levels.

You don’t have to buy expensive designers before you look really good (Remember the broke ass syndrome?).

Good shirts, Tees and Sneakers will do for guys, and for the ladies; do your thing.

Look decent, not beaten, not frustrated.

Stop looking like the weight of the entire world hangs on your shoulder.

If you dress like shit at this stage of your life, what would you look like when you cross the 30-something bar?

Save the shitty look for after-birth will ya?

Learn To Sell

Talkers are good sales man.

When I say learn to sell, I am incorporating three concept into a single line.

Learning to sell means; learning to talk, and good talkers awesome listener as well.

It’s that simple.

Buying and selling is always going on around us. If you’re not selling; you’re buying.

At the end of the day, buyers don’t make money, only sellers do.

Learn to sell yourself, learn to sell your service, learn to sell physical products as well.

In wrapping it up, there is no clear cut to getting it right in your 20’s.

The key is to get involved in as many things as possible.

By the time you’re done with the second decade of your life, you would have enough experience.

Enough to narrow down on what you want to do with the next decade.

Source: http://www.oksprout.com/2017/01/living-at-20/

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by hoover420: 4:10am On Jan 21, 2017
bike abeg drop me...i don reach my destination. grin

3 Likes

Re: Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by Flexherbal(m): 4:22am On Jan 21, 2017
Their are some tv programs that are inspire.

Watch responsibly !

2 Likes

Re: Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by modelsms(m): 5:28am On Jan 21, 2017
hoover420:
bike abeg drop me...i don reach my destination. grin
ok
Re: Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by LordHiffy(m): 8:04am On Jan 21, 2017
Nice one op

1 Like

Re: Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by Kingkyle1(m): 9:13am On Jan 21, 2017
I like this wink
Re: Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 21, 2017
This is an inspiring post
Gotta pen em down

1 Like

Re: Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by Idydarling(f): 1:41pm On Jan 21, 2017
very good op thumbs ↑

1 Like

Re: Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by Maydayy(m): 2:36pm On Jan 21, 2017
Mehn...u na correct bro
Re: Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by Ay04z(m): 3:33pm On Jan 21, 2017
am gonna save dis and repost on my timeline wen i reach DAT gr8t feet.
Re: Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by deenvibe(m): 5:10pm On Jan 21, 2017
Nice thread...i pray its make fp
Re: Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by MycoleA(m): 7:59pm On Jan 21, 2017
ok

2 Likes

Re: Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by preetymee(f): 8:39pm On Jan 21, 2017
Fp material. But some TV program are ok na
Re: Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by Rhemi1: 11:30pm On Jan 21, 2017
Nice
Re: Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by lionlamb020(m): 11:48pm On Jan 21, 2017
It's quite amusing how a lot of us young people today don't see the need to take responsibility for ourselves from now... a few ages back it was normal for people around 16 or 17 to be married with kids, meaning they were already responsible for their families at that age... These days we have people in mid and even late 20s, in fact some in their 30s who don't yet see the need to be responsible for themselves... Wake up youths... Let's invest in our future while it's cheap

2 Likes

Re: Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by imrannazish(m): 12:06am On Jan 22, 2017
Great advice's, thanks for sharing.
Re: Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by jojothaiv(m): 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2017
I'm still a learner though!
Re: Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by Rockyrascal(m): 5:22pm On Jan 23, 2017
iwriterng:

Be Good At Something.

This is the appropriate time of your life to master something. It might be your meal ticket few years from now; or not. It might be the skill that would save your life in the future.

Most people in their 20’s focus on the idea of graduating from school, getting a job and “settling down”.

The average life is very boring, and most people in that circus end up living hands to mouth. You don’t want that do you?

The message here is to look at something lucrative or something you have passion for; then get good at it. Practice, practice and practice until you become amazing at it.

Love playing drums? play every day! Love fixing stuffs? Fix stuff everyday! Love programming? Code everyday! Love writing? Write every fucking day!

That’s how you become amazing at something. And once you’re done mastering a skill, you move on to the next thing.

Knowing how to play FIFA like you were born with a game pad on your hands won’t cut it.

Stop Watching TV.

Watching others go about their daily activities won’t make you smarter or richer.

Those who spend their life watching others usually end up miserable in life. You don’t want to be miserable do you?

But dude, , you can’t be serious with your life and spend a good chunk of your time watching TV.

You’re in your 20’s! If anybody would appear on TV (for good), it should be you.

Yoruba movies will make you more stupid. Same thing applies to American movies, oh, and Mount Zion movies won’t make you a saint.

You can do these at your leisure time (if you have any), it shouldn’t be a rule of thumb.

You’re in your 20’s and you pride yourself in having gazillions of movies on your hard drive, while you should be bursting your ass in something more valuable… #WehDonSir.

Doing stuffs like that; flash cash and talk about money on social media; for the attention.

Ask yourself why?

…Compound effect…

It became a habit, it was very difficult to let a day pass without drinking a bottle of coke.

Aside from ruining my back (I learned the hard way), it affected my spending habit too.

Buying a bottle of coke everyday cost #100. That’s #700 per week, #36,400 per year.

Compound effect!

You don’t have to buy expensive designers before you look really good (Remember the broke ass syndrome?).

Good shirts, Tees and Sneakers will do for guys, and for the ladies; do your thing.

If you dress like shit at this stage of your life, what would you look like when you cross the 30-something bar?

Learn To Sell

Learning to sell means; learning to talk, and good talkers awesome listener as well.

It’s that simple.

Buying and selling is always going on around us. If you’re not selling; you’re buying.

Learn to sell yourself, learn to sell your service, learn to sell physical products as well.

By the time you’re done with the second decade of your life, you would have enough experience.

thank you very much OP.
For you to have made up this point, It Is either you missed it in life or got it right; but with the way you sound, you got it right....thank you once more for this mediocre free, educative and inspirational write up of yours.

1 Like

Re: Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by Oluwaremythe(m): 7:37pm On Jan 23, 2017
Motivational....Thank yu mr writer

1 Like

Re: Few Things You Should Know When You’re In Your 20’s by eniolaamoda: 11:53pm On Jan 27, 2017
iwriterng:

Be Good At Something.

Stop Watching TV.

Ask yourself why?

…Compound effect…

Compound effect!

Learn To Sell

It’s that simple.

Bro if u have payoneer i need as much quantity as u have
Whatsapp me on the number on my profile

(1) (Reply)

Phenomenal Lautech Medic Bags 8 Distinctions / Institute Of Chatered Economist Of Nigeria (icen) / AAT / ICAN For Direct Entry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.