Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,567 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos (15780 Views)

Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown / Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page / Lady Controls Traffic In Port Harcourt Under Heavy Rain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by autojosh: 9:04am On Jan 21, 2017
For a long time Lagos roads and traffic have been synonymous.In recent times there has been significant decrease in amount of grid-locks in some major roads like Oshodi bus stop,but the traffic situation has not been totally alleviated.So what causes this ?, most of them are unnecessary and could be prevented.

1.Danfo Drivers
The ” badoo’s ” and “James Bond’s” of Lagos roads, these guys drive anyhow,overtake anyhow,and even obstruct traffic to pick up passangers .They are one of the major contributors to unnecessary traffic in Lagos.

2. NURTW Levy Collectors
Cousins of the Danfo drivers , they piss me off all the time .They would not let the Danfo buses , go without dropping “Wazo” ,causing the Danfo drivers to obstruct traffic.

3.Police
The Men In Black as I call them , won’t just let drivers be ,both Danfo and private drivers are targets .Road blocks , bribes ,they don’t just stop.They are always stopping, searching and collecting .

4.Stubborn Drivers
Private drivers are not left out of this scuffle ,there are some stubborn drivers .They just can’t wait for their turn ,bypassing traffic lights ,overtaking etc.

5.Arguments
This would always come up when there are stubborn drivers.Yesterday a bike and a bus driver blocked the road for almost 15 minutes and it was a T-junction , imagine the grid-lock they caused .All they did was argue and yell threats at each other .Iya e !!! Baba e !! .

6.Buying And Selling
Women are one of the major culprits here , hungry kids are mostly the indirect cause.Some men are not left out .Some folks can pause traffic for almost 2 minutes on a major way just to buy Gala.

7.Bad Roads
This is so pathetic and there is nothing drivers can do about this .Bad roads would always slow down traffic.I am using this medium to call on the government to fix all the bad roads .Good enough there are improvements .But improvements are not enough ,we need better roads to prevent unnecessary jams and accidents .

Have a thing or two to add ?, hit me with comments .Don’t forget to share.

https://autojosh.com/7-things-cause-unnecessary-traffic-lagos/

9 Likes

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by ramdris(m): 9:06am On Jan 21, 2017
Police... In a case like ...

Wao! am FTC!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Gideonmi(m): 9:07am On Jan 21, 2017
Danfo drivers.... Hmmm dos guys! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by modelsms(m): 9:15am On Jan 21, 2017
My guy na lack of planning and over population

7 Likes

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Nutase: 9:24am On Jan 21, 2017
Rain

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by KingRex1(m): 9:37am On Jan 21, 2017
Traffic lights.. Some cause more problems than solution esp at ikeja

Toll gates - This is evident at lekki vi axis

Round abouts - Very big problem entering lekki, chevron estate and vgc from the express

Road construction - Has anyone moved from alakija festac to mile 2 of recent?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by veekid(m): 10:55am On Jan 21, 2017
It's official; I can't live in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by lilfreezy: 10:55am On Jan 21, 2017
LASMA undecided

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Bamz(m): 10:55am On Jan 21, 2017
Nice read
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by olaolulazio(m): 10:56am On Jan 21, 2017
(cool indecent dressing.
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by dokunbam(m): 10:56am On Jan 21, 2017
What of AGBERO undecided

Check my signature and add your comments
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Usernamesucks: 10:57am On Jan 21, 2017
5 is so annoying. After all the "iya e, baba e", they still don't end up throwing punches. grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by seguno2: 10:57am On Jan 21, 2017
Officials in long convoys nko?
The money for the convoys should have been used to fix our potholed roads, not so?
In London etc, oyinbos who dash us aids and develop everything that we use, have their officials riding trains and buses.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Aliyu333: 10:58am On Jan 21, 2017
Accident
Road Construction
Homicides

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by slyd90(m): 10:58am On Jan 21, 2017
Olosho wink
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Usernamesucks: 10:59am On Jan 21, 2017
seguno2:
Officials in long convoys nko?
The money for the convoys should have been used to fix our potholed roads, not so?

I like them. As a sharp guy, all you have to do is join the convoy. cool PS. Try this at your own risk.
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Pavore9: 10:59am On Jan 21, 2017
That is part of the DNA of Lagos. grin
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by isax(m): 11:00am On Jan 21, 2017
Let nah
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Opakan2: 11:01am On Jan 21, 2017
those V.I.Os are making things worse..

you'll see vehicles including commercial ones trying to maneuver their way to avoid those guys.
They will hit others, start arguments in the process thereby making life difficult for other road users
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Odunharry(m): 11:01am On Jan 21, 2017
Danfo driver, Agbero, Bad roads, Police etc
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by adeoba2008(m): 11:01am On Jan 21, 2017
LASTMA should be added to the list. They are becoming nuisance of recent
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Segadem(m): 11:01am On Jan 21, 2017
ok
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by lyterydim(m): 11:01am On Jan 21, 2017
Wetin consine me

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by seguno2: 11:02am On Jan 21, 2017
Usernamesucks:
I like them. As a sharp guy, all you have to do is join the convoy. cool PS. Try this at your own risk.

Are you been lawless?
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by CRAPHA96(m): 11:02am On Jan 21, 2017
[qu ote author=KingRex1 post=52996205]Traffic lights.. Some cause more problems than solution esp at ikeja

Toll gates - This is evident at lekki vi axis

Round abouts - Very big problem entering lekki, chevron estate and vgc

Road construction - Has anyone moved from alakija festac to mile 2 of recent? [/quote] haaaaaaa must u tell u live in lekki cry cry cry
so we that live in mushin will start crying embarassed
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Omudia11: 11:04am On Jan 21, 2017
Overpopulation

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Royalfurnitures: 11:05am On Jan 21, 2017
Impatience by drivers, pot holes, making calls while driving, etc also contribute

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Proffdada: 11:06am On Jan 21, 2017
undecided

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by idupaul: 11:08am On Jan 21, 2017
Very true ..OP you forgot to add giant roundabouts
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 21, 2017
women are the worst drivers ever lol we can cause unnecessary traffic with our stubborness cheesy
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by tiwiex(m): 11:09am On Jan 21, 2017
Church camp

(1) (2) (Reply)

King's Square,Benin City / Trailer Falls At Ikate Bus Stop (photos) / Gburugburu: My Trip To Enugu By Deji Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.