Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:19 AM

7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos (15775 Views)

Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown / Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page / Lady Controls Traffic In Port Harcourt Under Heavy Rain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Lexusgs430: 11:09am On Jan 21, 2017
Evil Spirit

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Sodijan(m): 11:10am On Jan 21, 2017
Stupidity among danfo drivers
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by SouthWestBlood(m): 11:11am On Jan 21, 2017
The traffic along Lagos-Ibadan express way was hellish. Julius Berger isn't managing that road very well.
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 21, 2017
olaolulazio:
(cool indecent dressing.
who does this have to do with traffic cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by brightology3: 11:15am On Jan 21, 2017
KingRex1:
Traffic lights.. Some cause more problems than solution esp at ikeja

Toll gates - This is evident at lekki vi axis

Round abouts - Very big problem entering lekki, chevron estate and vgc

Road construction - Has anyone moved from alakija festac to mile 2 of recent?
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Originalsly: 11:17am On Jan 21, 2017
The root of the problem is enforcememt and poor planning. The same would happen in other cities around the world if there is no enforcement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by seguno2: 11:18am On Jan 21, 2017
Omudia11:
Overpopulation

....which can be addressed by taxation, law enforcement, education and fiscal federalism.
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by KingRex1(m): 11:21am On Jan 21, 2017
CRAPHA96:
haaaaaaa must u tell u live in lekki cry cry cry
so we that live in mushin will start crying embarassed
Pls don't be shallow minded, my post said nothing bout where I live.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by veacea: 11:22am On Jan 21, 2017
Am in traffic right now. SMH
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Omudia11: 11:25am On Jan 21, 2017
I don't see how the aforementioned can curb traffic in Lagos.
seguno2:

....which can be addressed by taxation, law enforcement, education and fiscal federalism.
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by seguno2: 11:26am On Jan 21, 2017
Omudia11:
I don't see how the aforementioned can curb traffic in Lagos.

Overpopulation?
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Isaacpyo04(m): 11:32am On Jan 21, 2017
autojosh:
For a long time Lagos roads and traffic have been synonymous.In recent times there has been significant decrease in amount of grid-locks in some major roads like Oshodi bus stop,but the traffic situation has not been totally alleviated.So what causes this ?, most of them are unnecessary and could be prevented.

1.Danfo Drivers
The ” badoo’s ” and “James Bond’s” of Lagos roads, these guys drive anyhow,overtake anyhow,and even obstruct traffic to pick up passangers .They are one of the major contributors to unnecessary traffic in Lagos.

2. NURTW Levy Collectors
Cousins of the Danfo drivers , they piss me off all the time .They would not let the Danfo buses , go without dropping “Wazo” ,causing the Danfo drivers to obstruct traffic.

3.Police
The Men In Black as I call them , won’t just let drivers be ,both Danfo and private drivers are targets .Road blocks , bribes ,they don’t just stop.They are always stopping, searching and collecting .

4.Stubborn Drivers
Private drivers are not left out of this scuffle ,there are some stubborn drivers .They just can’t wait for their turn ,bypassing traffic lights ,overtaking etc.

5.Arguments
This would always come up when there are stubborn drivers.Yesterday a bike and a bus driver blocked the road for almost 15 minutes and it was a T-junction , imagine the grid-lock they caused .All they did was argue and yell threats at each other .Iya e !!! Baba e !! .

6.Buying And Selling
Women are one of the major culprits here , hungry kids are mostly the indirect cause.Some men are not left out .Some folks can pause traffic for almost 2 minutes on a major way just to buy Gala.

7.Bad Roads
This is so pathetic and there is nothing drivers can do about this .Bad roads would always slow down traffic.I am using this medium to call on the government to fix all the bad roads .Good enough there are improvements .But improvements are not enough ,we need better roads to prevent unnecessary jams and accidents .

Have a thing or two to add ?, hit me with comments .Don’t forget to share.

https://autojosh.com/7-things-cause-unnecessary-traffic-lagos/

A working rail network is the solution to this problem. There is no modern city in the world without a rail network. If the government can make this happen, say for example you can journey from Ikorodu to cms/VI within 15-20mins, traffic will drastically reduce.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by oluspicy: 11:44am On Jan 21, 2017
Op you forgot to add...

Faulty Tokunbo cars everywhere.

Overheating gaskets.

Some drivers forget to check oil level, water level and so on before hitting the road.
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by maxzzo1(m): 11:47am On Jan 21, 2017
many mad pple wey wear cloth dey Lagos abeg....
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by cacapa101(m): 11:58am On Jan 21, 2017
The major thing that causes most of the holdups and traffic in lagos is congestion of cars on the road. Gbam!
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2017
Ha ha ha cheesy 9ja traffic blockage is funny we don't have blockage for reasons like this in the US grin
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 21, 2017
olaolulazio:
(cool indecent dressing.
shocked what!!!!!??
u mean u were out on the road in boxers again!!!?
I thought I told u if u did that again I was reporting u to the police cheesy
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by freeage7(m): 12:22pm On Jan 21, 2017
no lasma, no local government touts....abi those ones no dey cause traffic? am just asking ooo
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by CRAPHA96(m): 12:41pm On Jan 21, 2017
KingRex1:

Pls don't be shallow minded, my post said nothing bout where I live.
and u should not be grave minded grin
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Omudia11: 1:13pm On Jan 21, 2017
Yes!
seguno2:

Overpopulation?
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by phiszo(m): 1:19pm On Jan 21, 2017
Too many vehicles on the road, over population, poor planning.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by izombie(m): 1:43pm On Jan 21, 2017
I was on a plane from johannesburg landing in lagos. I looked out of the window over lagos, o boy, the kind hold up wey i see for lagos roads just made me weak.
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 21, 2017
ok

Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Blue3k(m): 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2017
Add not completing the Lagos Rail lines. It's ok 4 missed deadlines and people will shill for them. These issues will be reduced with good old subway.

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/3548683/december-deadline-missed-where-lagos

Isaacpyo04:

A working rail network is the solution to this problem. There is no modern city in the world without a rail network. If the government can make this happen, say for example you can journey from Ikorodu to cms/VI within 15-20mins, traffic will drastically reduce.

They are building it but taking forever to make any significant progress on blue line only. Nobody has any idea when the rest will be completed.
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by kennysbst(m): 2:58pm On Jan 21, 2017
THE MAJOR CAUSES OF ROAD TRAFFIC IS PEDESTRIANS CROSSING.

the larger numbers of pedestrians crossing is a major concern for drivers because matching a break pedal to slow down or even stopping vehicle in other for pedestrians to crossover,constitute other vehicles on same road to implement such act simultaneously,and as a result of such act,there is traffic already.

Construction of more pedestrians bridges will definitely reduced traffic on our road especially in Lagos.
Re: 7 Things That Cause Unnecessary Traffic In Lagos by Yinkatolu: 4:10pm On Jan 21, 2017
Akso, girls dressing half unclad can cause traffic

(1) (2) (Reply)

Interests Shown By Several Countries To Acquire Nigerian Airports / Transport Crisis: LASG Is Looking Into The Demands Of The JDWAN - Sola Giwa / 31 Migrants Drowned Off Libyan Coast, Nigerians Among Survivors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.